Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
lordvaati
Level 2 CPU
lordvaati

Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 3:01 pm

TaXMaN wrote:
DestinyIntwined wrote:
It is a character, Read these:

It's not officially a character and even if it was, what would it do? Rotate and drop on characters?

Fighter's Megamix found a way to make the Am2 Palm Tree and the Daytona USA car playable characters.

never say never.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 3:03 pm

Actually that was my Idea for the neutral b
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 4:53 pm

I'm interested in what Frisk could offer as a character, though I do not agree much with your moveset.

In Undertale, a lot of the unique gameplay comes from different forms of movement through the different colors your soul takes. So I think specials based on those would make the most sense.

The yellow-colored soul influenced by Alphys would be a good neutral special. A simple projectile that can be fired while moving. It has low knockback, decent damage, and can be fired up to three times.

The purple-colored soul influenced by Muffet would make the most sense as a Side Special. Locking Frisk into a grid style of movement, making it a good option to avoid getting hit and an interesting way to recover. Though I think it should force you into freefall after use.

The blue-colored soul influenced by the Skeleton brothers definitely has to be an Up Special. Though it is the most boring idea possible, it would make sense for it to just be a huge jump that deals no damage.  Combine it with the Purple-Soul's ability and you have a pretty nice recovery.

The green-colored soul influenced by Undyne makes sense for a Counter-esque Down Special. Probably make it a counter that is influenced by an inputted direction so it isn't the most generic move in existence.

Undertale's most popular form of combat is avoiding it, and it should be a key factor into Frisk's playstyle.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 6:54 pm

I just finished Undertale for the first time (True Pacifist run), so I can finally give a few ideas on how a moveset could work.

It all relies on this move:

Neutral Special: Spare
Frisk puts her hands together, creating a small yellow shockwave around it. Any opponent in range with 100% damage or more is instantly KO'd (ala Danger Zones in Smash 4).

Think of the A button as the 'Act' button, in which Frisk does a certain action that causes % but has no knockback scaling. An example could be a hug as a forward tilt, causing a good amount of % with low range. Thus, the only (reasonable) way for Frisk to net a KO is to use the neutral special.

Other special moves... I like the idea of the different colored souls, but I feel like that fits more as a final smash (with the 6 souls and all). So... something like these:

Up Special: Bird That Carries You Over A Disproportionately Small Gap
A small yellow bird flies down and grabs Frisk, allowing Frisk to fly upward a short distance. It's slow and not that good for recovery, but it's there...

Down Special: Determination
A mouse squeak is heard, and a yellow glowing star appears on Frisk's person. Frisk is now filled with determination temporarily, causing Frisk to have increased stats for a short time. It has a bit of a cooldown once it wears off.

Side Special: Stick
Frisk throws a stick. While it don't do any damage, any opponent it touches will get stunned (as if distracted).
(To be honest, I can't think of anything else fitting... Frisk starts with a stick, but what else is there outside of the realm of acting...?)
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 7:11 pm

Adding Frisk as a troll character would be pretty awesome. Neutral special could be "fake hit" where Frisk punches the opponent and does 1%. Playing as them would essentially just be playing as Sopo, just a lot worse. Side smash would literally just be Frisk hugging the opposition.
Back to top Go down
Nikko
Level 1 CPU
Nikko

MLGDanny

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 11:13 pm

Not sure if Frisk should really be added to the game, In my opinion I think a character like Sans would be a better fit since he actually has some attacks to make a moveset.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 12:38 am

Yeah, but unlike Sans, Frisk is the main character, and that's what matters.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 3:19 am

There's enough source material to make a full moveset for Frisk, you just need to get creative with it.

Also, Roy, the soul thing is still just Frisk's soul, just colored differently to represent a different gameplay mechanic. Not really related to the souls of the other humans.
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 6:38 am

Nikko wrote:
Not sure if Frisk should really be added to the game, In my opinion I think a character like Sans would be a better fit since he actually has some attacks to make a moveset.

I support Sans 100% over Frisk, but there could be major spoilers if he was in Crusade. But yeah he could use gasterblasters, teleport, summon bones, and even fling people around with grabs.
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 6:46 am

Either that or have Sans & Papyrus as a tag-team
Kinda like the Ice Climbers, but they move and attack as a single entity instead of seperately. Kinda like Duck Hunt in Smash 4.
Plus it'd be hilarious having Papyrus piggyback Sans when jumping
No support for Frisk on my end at the mo', sorry man
Not the biggest fan of Undertale, but we all got our opinions.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 9:11 am

Makes no sense to put in Papyrus & Sans over Frisk who shouldn't even be in in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 9:50 am

Lego Shaq wrote:
Makes no sense to put in Papyrus & Sans over Frisk who shouldn't even be in in the first place.

I don't think it makes sense to put in a Undertale at this point in time, it would just make more sense to put in a character that actually fights instead of a pacifist.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 10:33 am

Sean_McMuffin wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

I don't think it makes sense to put in a Undertale at this point in time, it would just make more sense to put in a character that actually fights instead of a pacifist.
It doesn't make sense to put in an Undertale rep ever tbh
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 12:10 pm

But what if Undertale takes of and gets the popularity of Shovel Knight and Shantae?
Oh, who am I to kid, Undertale will never get that kind of popularity. Not if it's a Game Maker game.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 12:39 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Sean_McMuffin wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

It doesn't make sense to put in an Undertale rep ever tbh

prepare for disappointment
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 1:02 pm

Undertale just... has too many haters. Maybe if it ever gets ported to a Nintendo console it will reach that popularity point.

Note: Undertale would work so well on Wii U or 3DS. You could use the stylus to control your soul on the bottom screen/gamepad!
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 4:45 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
But what if Undertale takes of and gets the popularity of Shovel Knight and Shantae?
Oh, who am I to kid, Undertale will never get that kind of popularity. Not if it's a Game Maker game.

Not that I care about Undertale particularly, but what does the software it was made with have to do with anything? Isn't the quality of the game the only important factor? It's like saying "Bioshock? That can't be a good game. It was made in Unreal 3. Gears of War was made in that engine, you know."
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 10:56 pm

No, Undertale really cannot be popular, because according to Toby Fox (sadly lost the source there), it was made with a version of Game Maker that did not supported porting the game on a console, which makes Undertale forever a PC exclusive.
Not that a PC exclusive cannot be popular on its own right, but having no way to port it on a console could potentially hurt the game's popularity.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 11:15 pm

Undertale is pretty god damn popular right now, flavor of the month or not. I've seen more about it in the last couple of weeks than I have about Shovel Knight since its release.

Last edited by Dustination on Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 6:36 am

This thread has exploded more than I realized.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 6:41 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
No, Undertale really cannot be popular, because according to Toby Fox (sadly lost the source there), it was made with a version of Game Maker that did not supported porting the game on a console, which makes Undertale forever a PC exclusive.
Not that a PC exclusive cannot be popular on its own right, but having no way to port it on a console could potentially hurt the game's popularity.

Technically it could be ported.

If by ported you mean completely remade from scratch. Which has a high chance of not happening.
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 10:23 am

TrinitroMan wrote:

Well I know that a fan already tried porting undertale to 3DS pretty much from scratch. There's a video on YouTube of someone playing on 3DS in toriels house.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 8:51 pm

Dustination wrote:
Undertale is pretty god damn popular right now, flavor of the month or not. I've seen more about it in the last couple of weeks than I have about Shovel Knight since its release.

Which probably has most to do with Undertale having a complex, lore-filled, secrets-laden story with multiple endings and subtle details that inspire theories and discussion, and Shovel Knight having solid, extremely fun gameplay and great level design, with simple, straightforward stories. As such, it doesn't inspire the same discussion as Undertale. FNaF has enjoyed more discussion and talk than most games ever do. Doesn't make it better than most games, or a longer-lasting franchise. Shovel Knight has evidenced lasting power. I'm sure Undertale will as well, but for entirely different reasons.
Also, Undertale just got a patch that secretly added a bunch of mysterious new stuff to the game. So that might account for some of the more recent discussion of the game.

Last edited by Naughty Ottsel on Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 1:35 pm

Okay, seriously, while I highly doubt that Undertale gets to keep its popularity, if Undertale really gets to keep its popularity even after a year, then maybe we should consider at least an Undertale stage?
Not before we add representation of more iconic indie games, of course, but still. Just throwing out my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 5:14 pm

Popularity is all Undertale has. In a year a new indie will gain so much traction and be popular (Plus have a terrible fanbase).
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 6:26 pm

Why is this thread even still going?

Think to yourself. Has Frisk gotten any support besides Destiny and Vaati? At all? No, we've just been running around in circles about Undertale rep, whether it be stages or whatever. And we've been pathetically trying to make new movesets which get swallowed by annoying unfunny posts or posts that barely relate to the character at all.

This has gone on for 4 PAGES. OVER 100 POSTS. It needs to stop.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 6:32 pm

IT'S TIME TO STOP! JUST STOP! NO MORE! WHERE THE F*CK ARE YOUR PARENTS?!
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 6:42 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Think to yourself. Has Frisk gotten any support besides Destiny and Vaati?
Ok. I support Frisk now.

... what? I think she can be made unique with some thought. I know the game is pretty new, but I don't think that's enough to deny the character.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 6:47 pm

Roy wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
Think to yourself. Has Frisk gotten any support besides Destiny and Vaati?
Ok. I support Frisk now.

... what? I think SHE can be made unique with some thought. I know the game is pretty new, but I don't think that's enough to deny the character.

Not cool man, not cool at all.

I thought you were better than this.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 6:48 pm

*He
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next