Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two Empty
PostSubject: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 9:37 pm

You all remember the original thread, I've gone through it and have decided to compile ideas from those who put move sets in (that I found) and make a new thread. Again this is a good game, and through the new ideas presented in the old thread it could provide a very interesting mechanic to crusade.

Gimmick:
A Path Meter: Basically, moves would be under "pacifist", "neutral", or "malevolent" in categorization, and each action would fill up a "meter" (visible or invisible), with pacifist actions draining the meter, malevolent actions filling the meter, and neutral actions moving the meter towards the middle, no matter where the meter is filled.

If in the middle, Frisk is on a "neutral run", where (s)he has no real strengths but no weaknesses either stat-wise. If the meter is filled, Frisk will enter a "genocide run", where Frisk gets bonus attack damage and speed, but defense is lowered; some attacks could also be replaced with a knife. Frisk would stay like this until neutral/pacifist actions reduce the meter back down to the middle, where Frisk will enter a neutral state again.
If the meter is depleted, Frisk will enter a "pacifist run". Here, Frisk plays more defensively, increasing Frisk's weight and reducing damage taken. In return, certain moves are changed (some deal no damage at all now), and Frisk's damage is reduced drastically; however, Frisk's knockback coincidentally increases as well, encouraging a keep-away playstyle. Frisk would stay like this until (s)he enters back into a neutral state with neutral or genocidal actions. (Thanks SP)

Neutrals:

(Genocide/Neutral)
Neutral: A spin with a stick (Knife in Genocide)
Side: A swipe with a frying pan (Knife in Genocide)
Down: A downwards kick (Knife in Genocide, Stab in Genocide)
Up: An upwards punch (Knife in Genocide, Stab in Genocide)

(Pacifist)
Neutral: A spin with a cowboyhat, pushes opponents away
Side: A push towards the opposite direction
Up: Leaping on to an opponent to get to a higher place, if no opponent Frisk simply slams down creating a shock wave that decreases the Path Meter
Down: Drops a heart locket, opponent who picks it up is tied to Frisk, when they take damage so does Frisk and vice versa

Aerials:

(Genocide/Neutral)
Neutral: A Somersault swing with a Toy Knife (Real Knife in Genocide)
Side: Three shots with a pistol (Throws Knife in Genocide)
Back: A backslash with a worn dagger (Real knife in Genocide)
Up: Illegible words float up from a notebook (Two swipes with a Knife in Genocide)
Down: A downwards kick (can kill if not above ground, A swipe downwards with a knife in Genocide)

(Pacifist)
Neutral: A twirl with a dirty tutu, keeps Frisk in the air for a second longer than normal, can be used twice before they start to fall
Side: Twirls a Stained Apron forwards, blowing opponents away
Back: Whips a manly bandanna backwards
Up: Throws a bandage in the air if anyone is above Frisk then they are Bandaged in place (can't move)
Down: Whips a ribbon diagonally downwards if anyone is caught they switch places with frisk in the span of a second

Smash:

(All, Decreases Path Meter)
Side: A leap forwards and then a stab backwards with a knife
Up: 2 words float up from a notebook followed by a jumping stab
Down: A kick downwards followed by two quick punches forwards

Special:

(All, Increase Path Meter)
Neutral: Puts on Temmie Armor (takes 3 seconds, can be interrupted, increases attack and every 5 seconds heals Frisk for 10 seconds)
Side: Dashes forwards (phases through opponents without knock back)
Down: A hug (can immobilize attacker, lowers the defense of target)
Up: Frisk homes in on the closest target (in half of final destination sized radius) and zooms half way towards them (can no longer use specials, but can use aerials)

FS:

(Fully Neutralize Path Meter)
(Genocide)
Bullet Hell: Hit Boxes appear around all opponents and Frisk starts teleporting to each one simultaneously if any opponent hits 100% then Frisk releases a mega wave of slashes (Similar to Wii Fit Trainers FS)

(Neutral)
Bullet Storm: Hit box appears around closest target and Frisk immediately slashing the target with every weapon except the real knife, then finishes with a kick upwards

(Pacifist)
Breaking the Barrier: The arena is filled with a sudden light and then the barrier appears as the background, then it starts cracking, and it bursts, launching all opponents and then sucking the survivors in to be launched out again.

Support: x5
(OmegaSteve777)
(Naughty Ottsel)
(Keybladeguy)
(thebuddyadrian)
(wheeled_tank)

Hopefully this doesn't go down as the original did, and I certainly improved from the original (I hope) so enjoy as the comments most likely go down the toilet, and I'll have to ask to kill it again.

Last edited by DestinyIntwined on Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:17 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 10:13 pm

This is a much better moveset and a good gimmick to go with it.

I'm sure there are a few problems that I'll let other people touch upon because I'm a little tired.

I'll support
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 3:29 am

One problem
Dust said in the original thread that Frisk wasn't going to get in due to overwhelming dislike for the character.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 1:22 pm

Nah
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 6:08 pm

Read my signature
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 7:20 pm

Braystar wrote:
One problem
Dust said in the original thread that Frisk wasn't going to get in due to overwhelming dislike for the character.

Where's his basis?
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 8:09 pm

This is what Dust said n the original thread: 

There is no reason to lock it but it's likely at this point based on the almost overwhelming anti-support from the community that Frisk won't be getting in.
The character hasn't gotten a serious discussion at this point within the dev team, this is simply my prediction.

Also Adrian you don't have a signature.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 8:27 pm

Braystar wrote:
This is what Dust said n the original thread: 

There is no reason to lock it but it's likely at this point based on the almost overwhelming anti-support from the community that Frisk won't be getting in.
The character hasn't gotten a serious discussion at this point within the dev team, this is simply my prediction.

I believe the quote speaks for itself.

Braystar wrote:

gg
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 10:52 pm

Y'know, I actually like this a lot. Really neat gimmick, decent moveset. Support.

Though. If the devs do seriously consider adding an Undertale rep, and in their discussion it's between Frisk or Papyrus, my vote goes for Papyrus (Megalovania Final Smash wins me over)
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 2:09 am

Thanks guys, Talking to you Steve and Ottsel
Others, God I don't want you to destroy this thread, go beg the staff to unlock the last one or something, either critizise this moveset or it's gimmick, Support, or go.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 2:39 am

This is much well put together. The way the mechanic is put together is interesting to say the least, and while I wouldn't really change if we got an UNDERTALE rep or not, I would still love to see a this mechanic (or a similar one) at work.

With that being said, it has been a just about year since the game has been released (compared to when the thread was created originally only a few months after UNDERTALE's release), and people are still talking about it, so I think it would be the time for the devs to at least consider Frisk (or Papyrus).
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 4:29 pm

I WOULD LOVE TO SUPPORT A FRIEND, BUT THAT WOULD MEAN THERE IS LESS OF A CHANCE FOR I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, TO JOIN. AFTER ALL, I AM VERY GREAT. NYEH HEH HEH... HEH.

I do like the ideas behind the moveset, but it's hard for me to support when I made the Papyrus topic. Sorry!
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 5:53 pm

I like this, and he's the main character. I'll even throw in some support. Along with hope for a Sans assist trophy.
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 5:42 pm

Braystar wrote:

My signature just disappeared once i posted that I'm not even joking.
Hopefully it will show up in this post.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 5:45 pm

thebuddyadrian wrote:
Braystar wrote:

My signature just disappeared once i posted that I'm not even joking.
Hopefully it will show up in this post.
I did see it in some post. It was strange too, because I had 2 tabs open, one with the signature and the other without
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 1:08 am

Yeah that was happening to me too, the other day I made my sig (Which is shortened, there were WAY more quotes) and it wasn't showing sometimes
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 2:34 pm

Please talk about the signature not being there somewhere else
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 4:46 pm

Sorry about that.
Oh yeah I almost forgot
Support
Back to top Go down
SmashBros._L0ver
Level 2 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 8:24 am

Facepalm i prefer sans and papyrus in smash i not support
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 5:48 pm

After some thought, I am deciding to support, but my reason is somewhat of an odd one.

I feel like the indie reps could be sort of spiritual successors of currently represented series (not to say that ones that aren't "spiritual successors" should be denied). As UNDERTALE is the spiritual successor to Mother/Earthbound, and the fact that the game is still being talked about in a somewhat-positive light, I think it meets the "age of consideration." Weather we get Frisk or Papyrus doesn't really matter too much (and like I said earlier, I wouldn't be affected at all if neither were). I just wanted to give my view on this (somehow sensitive/contriversal) topic
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 9:57 am

time to make my grand return to these forums by just saying i still support frisk and, after well over a year, its time to consider it isnt just a flash in the pan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two Empty

Back to top Go down

Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: Take Two
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1