Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
lordvaati
Level 2 CPU
lordvaati

Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 1:48 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Fad games should not be in Crusade in any form. Not anything wrong with them, just seems...well...like how SSF2 put in Ichigo, Naruto, and Goku.

remember when people thought Cave Story was a fad? yeah. Just because it has one installment doesn't mean it had no impact.

Wait and see approach is probably the best case for now, But I'm still supporting Frisk regardless.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 1:51 pm

Cave Story is almost 10 years old now and has been on multiple Nintendo consoles.

Don't want to chance whether or not Undertale will do the same.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 1:54 pm

lordvaati wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Fad games should not be in Crusade in any form. Not anything wrong with them, just seems...well...like how SSF2 put in Ichigo, Naruto, and Goku.

remember when people thought Cave Story was a fad? yeah. Just because it has one installment doesn't mean it had no impact.

Wait and see approach is probably the best case for now, But I'm still supporting Frisk regardless.
I don't think anyone thought it was a fad
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 12:58 am

No one thought Cave Story was a fad. Also not Cave Story is like the grandfather of all indies.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 1:35 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Cave Story is almost 10 years old now and has been on multiple Nintendo consoles.

Don't want to chance whether or not Undertale will do the same.
It's confirmed that Undertale will be PC exclusive.
Because Undertale was made on an old version of Game Maker.

Edit: For those who wonder, I'll clarify now.
According to sources, the creator of Undertale wanted to port that game on Wii U, but could not do that because Undertale was made on Game Maker, way before it had console support.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 2:27 am

Any legit proof from the creator? Because I don't buy it. They would've gone PS4 and XB1 before Wii U, it's way more powerful and Wii U often is left out. So thinking Wii U first is crazy
Back to top Go down
lordvaati
Level 2 CPU
lordvaati

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 9:02 am

Braystar wrote:
Any legit proof from the creator? Because I don't buy it. They would've gone PS4 and XB1 before Wii U, it's way more powerful and Wii U often is left out. So thinking Wii U first is crazy

around the 1 hour 39 minute mark.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 9:34 am

Braystar wrote:

I really doubt the game is so resource intensive that it would need powerful hardware to run
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
lordvaati
Level 2 CPU
lordvaati

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 10:58 am

yeah, it's just snags with Nintendo's hardware that hold a port back. Freedom Planet had a similar problem last year as it was gtting slodown issues and the like with the Wii-U beta.

on a side note, someone has been trying to homebrew the thing on 3DS, but not sure how that will work out in the end.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 2:02 pm

Still, all Undertale has is internet success, nothing else. Even if it was on a Nintendo system it wouldn't be represented. Maybe as a trophy (If it's lucky) Wait a year and see if Undertale still relevant to gaming. Look what happened to FNAF, no one really cares except the people who got success out of it (Markiplier, Dawko, Smike, ect)
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 9:35 pm

And the fans invested in figuring out the story (Theorists). Like the people buying the book, and planning on seeing the movie. And the people who appreciate the gameplay of FNaF.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 10:00 pm

Looking at cameras and closing doors. 10/10 gameplay
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 3:19 am

Hey, as long as it works.
And it definitely works, which cannot be said about the bug-ridden Sonic Boom. *shots fired*
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 3:48 am

How does Sonic Boom fit in with indies. Fad indies, no less
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 4:57 am

The fact that even indie games that are nothing but fads are still better than a game from what was supossed to be a killer franchise, simply because of how bug-ridden it is.
You see? Fans aren't asking for too much.
They only want that the game they play works at it should.
Even fad indies can do that, yet Sonic Boom managed to fail the simpliest task ever.

But alas, this thread is not about Sonic Boo(m), but about Frisk and Undertale and whenever they deserve to be in Crusade, so let's go back to topic, shall we?
Back to top Go down
lordvaati
Level 2 CPU
lordvaati

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 9:01 am

^Thank you, jeez. enough with this lowblowing of indie games-especially when one of those games happens to be the biggest seller of the last 5 years(yup, Minecraft.)
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 9:08 am

Indie players Unite! Anyway, I don't care too much for fnaf but it was very atmospheric, Undertale is silly, amazing, full of hope, and created with determination. I know it's only been out for four months but look at it like this, people were so excited for this game that, when it was being crowdfunded it was originally going to be two hours long, it got three times the amount needed and now is a lengthy six hours long.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:27 pm

And? 6 hours woo... so much fun
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:39 pm

I'd much rather play a 6 hour game that is good than a 60 hour game that has a lot of unneeded grinding.

Length isn't very important for a game. Quality over Quantity.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:42 pm

Yeah, 6 hours for a game can very well be a fun game. Thomas was Alone is one of my top 10 games and it's less then 5 hours long.

Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 9:22 pm

THOMAS FOR CRUSADE

(please don't anyone actually make a Thomas thread. It's a phenomenal game, but not even I could argue him deserving to be in Crusade)
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 7:23 am

I haven't heard of the game or played it so no, I wouldn't make a thread
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 1:18 pm

Well even if you did know about it, there's SO MUCH moveset potential with 1 CUBE THAT CAN JUMP OMG. But seriously, don't make a Thomas thread at all unless you want to be a super laughing stock.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 1:22 pm

Yeah no I think I got that point across about stupid characters with Super Mario Maker

(How about a Tetris tetronimo though)
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 2:21 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:
Yeah no I think I got that point across about stupid characters with Super Mario Maker

(How about a Tetris tetronimo though)

Why would we need a Tetris tetronimo when we have a Tetris stage? Besides, a tetronimo isn't even a character.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 2:34 pm

It is a character, Read these:
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 2:45 pm

Actually a Tetronimo would be a good character with full care towards making it.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 2:47 pm

Yeah, but umm, I don't trust myself alone to make it, (mostly due to yesterday) so how about someone help me do it, or just take the idea for themselves.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 2:53 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:
It is a character, Read these:

It's not officially a character and even if it was, what would it do? Rotate and drop on characters?
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 2:59 pm

Morph into different shapes is one idea. But this isn't the place for these
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next