Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyWed May 18, 2016 10:20 am

KeybladePony wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
But Sans is not the main protagonist.

I remember when Kefka was seriously being considered for Crusade

That doesn't mean it's a good idea, though.

In fact, I'm one of the people who is against the idea of making Kefka playable in Crusade before the main protagonist, Terra, is playable.

I mean, it was already weird when the only Fantastic Four character in Marvel vs Capcom 2 was Dr. Doom. Where were the main protagonists?
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyWed May 18, 2016 12:21 pm

I think this is more of a case of 'who is more iconic'. You wouldn't put Pokemon Trainer in before Pikachu, for example.

I'm not sure what I think. While Frisk is the character you play as, Sans is undeniably more popular and well-known.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyWed May 18, 2016 1:18 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
KeybladePony wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:

In fact, I'm one of the people who is against the idea of making Kefka playable in Crusade before the main protagonist, Terra, is playable.

I mean, it was already weird when the only Fantastic Four character in Marvel vs Capcom 2 was Dr. Doom. Where were the main protagonists?
Pls go jack off to Terra in another thread thank u
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyWed May 18, 2016 1:55 pm

do i get to put that in my signature now
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyWed May 18, 2016 9:52 pm

I've done this multiple times, I've stopped now though
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyWed May 18, 2016 11:11 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
KeybladePony wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:

wow, what a mature response. Did Terra killed your dog or something?
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 1:14 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
KeybladePony wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:

A mature response would be me posting the Supa Hot Fire gif

Terra killed my hopes and dreams of you doing anything good on this forum
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 1:35 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
KeybladePony wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:

A mature response would be me posting the Supa Hot Fire gif

Terra killed my hopes and dreams of you doing anything good on this forum

Shaq, do us all a favour and stop.

Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 1:42 pm

thanks for the new signature bro
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 3:49 pm

XD
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 7:14 pm

I think we all know the best Undertale rep would be Papyrus
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 7:30 pm

If nothing else, whether Frisk gets in or not, Sans is definitely assist trophy material.
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 7:44 pm

I can live with that
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 10:19 pm

Canonically Sans would be almost impossible because he dies in one hit.

If anything he's a definite good joke character conceptually.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptySun May 22, 2016 9:55 pm

Canonically Ryu has a health bar
Canonically Mario should shrink after one hit
Canonically Fox should be in an Arwing
Villager can't jump, Kirby could fly indefinitely

Smash has never followed canon
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptySun May 22, 2016 10:43 pm

Yeah but the one-hit thing is a huge part of Sans's whole gimmick. Dies in one hit, won't stop dodging.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyMon May 23, 2016 9:51 am

Mario doesn't shrink after getting hit in Mario 64 (which is the basis of his Smash Bros incarnation). Kirby doesn't have infinite flight in Kirby 64.

Smash doesn't need to follow these rules anyways, but I'm more concerned about making it feel like Sans. If he's lazy until he takes a lot of damage, that's the Lucario gimmick. I'm not sure how to represent 'Only strong when he has to be'.

Instead, I feel like Papyrus is a better choice. Sans can still be present in some way (in some attacks or just watching from the sidelines), but Papyrus doesn't have the issues Sans has. Toriel is also an option, but I feel like the skelebros are more well-known.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyMon May 23, 2016 1:19 pm

Roy wrote:
Mario doesn't shrink after getting hit in Mario 64 (which is the basis of his Smash Bros incarnation). Kirby doesn't have infinite flight in Kirby 64.

Smash doesn't need to follow these rules anyways, but I'm more concerned about making it feel like Sans. If he's lazy until he takes a lot of damage, that's the Lucario gimmick. I'm not sure how to represent 'Only strong when he has to be'.

Instead, I feel like Papyrus is a better choice. Sans can still be present in some way (in some attacks or just watching from the sidelines), but Papyrus doesn't have the issues Sans has. Toriel is also an option, but I feel like the skelebros are more well-known.
Or
Instead of adding in side characters
We can literally just add the main character
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyMon May 23, 2016 1:35 pm

Because Cross would get in before Elma obv
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyMon May 23, 2016 1:39 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:

Or
Why is this so hard to understand lol
Assuming we add anyone from this short one-hit-wonder story-centric Indie game in the first place
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyMon May 23, 2016 4:50 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Or
Because these side characters are more recognizable and popular than the 'main' playable character. Pokemon Trainer vs Pikachu. Chocobo Knight vs characters like Terra, Squall, etc. Jack Frost vs any SMT main character. Ray MK III vs Ray. Some people would prefer Zero before X. Etc.

Before you try to argue each individual matchup, the point is that Sans, Papyrus, etc are more recognizable and popular than Frisk / Chara. Just because a concrete protagonist exists doesn't mean that said protagonist is the best choice.

Also Dust, I wouldn't put it past the Smash development team to put Cross before Elma. I mean, Robin and Corrin happened...
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyMon May 23, 2016 5:18 pm

Robin and Corrin both actually have dialogue outside of yes/no answers and a little bit of personality that isn't created entirely by the player's actions, but no I wouldn't really put it past them

If there's situation in which Pikachu vs Pokemon Trainer works flawlessly it's that one
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyMon May 23, 2016 6:34 pm

Dustination wrote:
Because Cross would get in before Elma obv
This is ONE example and while you play from Cross' PoV, Elma is very much just as main as him
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyTue May 24, 2016 8:57 am

Actually, Elma is even more main than Cross.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyTue May 24, 2016 1:56 pm

What game are they from???
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyTue May 24, 2016 4:27 pm

If you want to make a sans thread, just do that instead of drawing out this one even more...
Back to top Go down
Nintensis
Level 4 CPU
Nintensis

jmf72115

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyTue May 24, 2016 6:55 pm

Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 Downlo11

This thread^
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXcP_rB2DD03kDVk4qGFgpQ
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyTue May 24, 2016 7:16 pm

I think this topic needs a reset; It has been going WAY off the original.

On this topic, I do not support. Undertale has no influence (direct or otherwise) on Nintendo. Also, while the game is popular, there is no word at all on any sequel.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyTue May 24, 2016 9:26 pm

Apparently Toby Fox has been speaking with some Nintendo reps

Maybe an Undertale release, it would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 1:15 pm

wheeled_tank wrote:
I think this topic needs a reset; It has been going WAY off the original.

On this topic, I do not support. Undertale has no influence (direct or otherwise) on Nintendo. Also, while the game is popular, there is no word at all on any sequel.
It doesn't need a reset if in 8 pages it's gotten, what, 3 supporters lol. There's a reason its going off the original
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next