View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal Empty
PostSubject: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 2:59 am

The game Undertale has grown quite spontaneously (at least in my view piont) poppingup everywhere on youtube but it is quite famous for a lot of it's features but espeacially one, it is the first RPG game where there are three branching paths, one where you kill every last character (Genocide Run), one where you slip up (The Neutral Run), and the only way to get the true ending, not hurting anyone (Pacifist Run), yes you heard me. The only way to get the true final boss is to not kill any character.Another thing is this games story is complicated. I know I should stop posting character suggestions for games I haven't played but trust me, I actually researched this on, a lot. (Also if you haven't played the game, don't ruin it for your self like I did pick it up on steam for like $10, anyway, I am going to be telling the story, the entire story and all of the lore that I have picked up. So without further ado)

Mass Spoiler Alert:

Regular: Punch, Punch, Kick
Side: Slap
Up: Uppercut
Down: Downwards Kick

Side Smash: Bonetruosle (Like Ness' Bat a quick charge then a major hit, if it's blue when the opponent stands still the attack won't hit)
Up Smash: Ghost Fight (Tears Upwards if held down for the duration that the top hat is created hat will be kept and opponents won't be able to hit from above.)
Down Smash: Battle Against a True Hero (Quick spears rain down in front of Chara/Frisk)

Neutral Air: Death by Glamor (Raining Mettaton fall to the ground)
Mettaton:
Side Air: No Mercy (A mercy bar shows up and is quickly destroyed by a red spear.)
Mercy Bar:
Red Spear:
Back Air: No Mercy
Up Air: Bergentruckung (don't try yo pronounce it) (A flurry of spear attacks upwards)
Down Air: Heartbreak (A hail of fire rains down)

Neutral Special: Dumy! (Scribbles are fired from your being)
Magic Attack:
Down Special: Spears of Justice (A giant spear hurtles to the ground)
Up Special: Spider Dance (A giant Spider carries you up hurting foes)
Side Special: Dogsong (An annoying dog leaps at the opponent)
Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSS4YnfpLoryHgY33TzTVS67cQ25k9dRbLbtOHLtiOQOphu3DQkpEfcv8A

Final Smash:

Hopes and Dreams:
Hopes and Dreams is a Final Boss Song:

Megalovania:
Megaloania is a Final Boss song:

Your Best Nightmare:
Your Best Nightmare is a Final Boss song:

Yes, almost every attack was named after a song in this beautiful, beautiful game.

Last edited by DestinyIntwined on Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:57 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Forest Bug Productions
Level 3 CPU
Forest Bug Productions

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 7:31 am

The moveset isn't that well made & spoils some important parts in the game. There needs to be a reason why Frisk/Chara would be great reps for Crusade. I love Undertale to death, but it came out three months ago so don't get your hopes up. I personally think Undyne or Mettaton would be better choices for Crusade, but neither of them aren't the main character of UT & RPG characters would be pretty hard to make.

Last edited by Forest Bug Productions on Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 9:06 am

NO.
NO.
NO!

I've been waiting so loong for an Undertale thread so I could destroy it.

THE GAME IS LITERALLY 3 MONTHS OLD. Do you seriously think a 3 months old game has ANY chance of being in Crusade? And who knows if it's flavor of the month or not!? It could wear out in January.

Also, uh, NOPE! It's not even close to being the first RPG with branching paths. Uh, hello? Shin Megami Tensei? Law, Chaos, Neutral routes?

I'm not sure why you felt the need to put the entire story into the thread, either.

Your Regular/Neutral attacks are literally just "punch slap kick" and it's so, so, boring. You could do much better with those.

I guess the other moves are okay. They're completely filled with Undertale stuff, which is good for an Undertale character. And basically the Neutral and Side special are the same? Why?

The Final Smash spoils the game, and for a story-based game, that's not very good.

Also, is it Frisk or Chara, decide.

Absolutely no way I'm supporting. A 3 month old possible fad indie that has only one game should be your first pointers to not being in.

Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 10:09 am

The moveset is pretty poor. I understand where it is coming from, you want to represent all the major bosses/minibosses with the attacks. Thing is, the main character himself never uses them. While for certain characters, borrowing moves can be alright (Ness does so in official Smash), for Frisk it does not make sense. He is capable of doing his own thing, rather than borrowing from other characters.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 10:30 am

Also tobyfox has stated Frisk goes by "they" I'm pretty sure.

SP makes good points. I mean, should Frisk even be a fighter? Who uses combat moves?? I mean, pacifism is the big thing of the game
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 12:49 pm

Villager is also a pacifist (mostly), yet look at him in Smash 4, running around and axing people like a maniac.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 12:52 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
Villager is also a pacifist (mostly), yet look at him in Smash 4, running around and axing people like a maniac.
Villager isn't canonically a pacifist at all. I mean, it's a life simulation game, do you expect him to be killing people?

And nearly all of his Smash 4 moves involve accidentally harming the enemy. Such as the "axing people like a maniac move" you mentioned, he simply cuts down a tree.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 12:58 pm

I disagree. I mean why would he summon a rocket to not even ride on? Why would he fire his slingshot? Why would he bring out his turnips? Not really a pacifist in the Smash lore.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 12:59 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
I disagree. I mean why would he summon a rocket to not even ride on? Why would he fire his slingshot? Why would he bring out his turnips? Not really a pacifist in the Smash lore.
I mean that it's never stated or implied he's doing that to harm his enemies.

Fire his slingshot: Bored, so he shoots it off, not intending to hurt anybody
Summon a rocket: For fun and because he doesn't wanna walk
Bring out turnips: To plant? What do you think?
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 1:51 pm

1. Fair enough
2. I meant for when you don't ride it, just fire it off.
3. I don't remember ever planting turnips in AC. I REALLY don't remember planting above you...
4. Why is this in the Frisk thread
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 1:56 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
1. Fair enough
2. I meant for when you don't ride it, just fire it off.
3. I don't remember ever planting turnips in AC. I REALLY don't remember planting above you...
4. Why is this in the Frisk thread

2. Quickly changes mind and decides to walk.
3. I'm sure it's possible, and either way I never said ALL of his moveset.
4. It stemmed from the pacifisim conversation.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 1:57 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:
I mean that it's never stated or implied he's doing that to harm his enemies.

Fire nir slingshot: Bored, so ne shoots it off, not intending to hurt anybody
Summon a rocket: For fun and because ne doesn't wanna walk
Bring out turnips: To plant? What do you think?

Wow

https://genderneutralpronoun.wordpress.com/tag/xe/

Check your priviledge son
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 7:38 pm

Technically Frisk can fight even on a pacifist run. You just can't KILL anything, but you can attack all you want.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 12:40 am

You are forgetting in the Genocide run Frisk is cannonically evil. I will fix the set and finish the story also I like undertale as a game and as for it's amazing score. Also really Shaq?
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 12:47 am

There is no real game canon, except for the events that take place before Frisk wakes up under Mt. Ebott.

It is all up to the player, lol.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 9:05 am

DestinyIntwined wrote:
You are forgetting in the Genocide run Frisk is cannonically evil. I will fix the set and finish the story also I like undertale as a game and as for it's amazing score. Also really Shaq?
Yep, really. If you make a thread like this you should expect someone to lash out at you.

AEM is right, though, Frisk can be a fighter, so having fighting moves is okay.
Back to top Go down
LeadPlooty
Level 1 CPU
LeadPlooty

Lead

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 6:21 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
NO.
NO.
NO!

THE GAME IS LITERALLY 3 MONTHS OLD. Do you seriously think a 3 months old game has ANY chance of being in Crusade? And who knows if it's flavor of the month or not!? It could wear out in January.

Also, uh, NOPE! It's not even close to being the first RPG with branching paths. Uh, hello? Shin Megami Tensei? Law, Chaos, Neutral routes?

I'm not sure why you felt the need to put the entire story into the thread, either.

Your Regular/Neutral attacks are literally just "punch slap kick" and it's so, so, boring. You could do much better with those.

I guess the other moves are okay. They're completely filled with Undertale stuff, which is good for an Undertale character. And basically the Neutral and Side special are the same? Why?

The Final Smash spoils the game, and for a story-based game, that's not very good.

Absolutely no way I'm supporting. A 3 month old possible fad indie that has only one game should be your first pointers to not being in.

Wow, you really hate indies, don't you?
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 6:26 pm

LeadPlooty wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
NO.
NO.
NO!

Wow, you really hate indies, don't you?
You're not the first one to ask that.

I've played and enjoyed Shovel Knight, Thomas Was Alone, Super Meat Boy, Cave Story, Awesomenauts, Five Nights At Freddies, VVVVVV, Octodad, The Behemoth's games. And those are just some of the indies I've played and enjoyed.

So actually I quote enjoy indies. Just because I didn't support Peacock doesn't mean I don't like indies.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 7:12 pm

Pretty much the same with Lego Shaq. I would say someone who I think is more deserving of an Indie rep title for Smash but I don't want to look like a fathead. Memetale really isn't that great either, If I wanted a closed-eyed protagonist who roams a acid trip world, I'd rather go with Madotsuki.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 9:54 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
You're not the first one to ask that.

*coughs nervously* *avoids Shaq's eyes*

Even if you're convinced Shaq is an evil, miserly, indie-hating bastard (which he's not, by the way), here's my two cents, as someone who's made his adoration for the indie scene very apparent (go support Shovel Knight). No support. Yes, it's popular; yes, it's good; yes, it's got clear inspiration drawn from Nintendo titles, but it is also extremely new, and has only one entry (Shovel Knight at least has the Plague of Shadows expansion, and more on the way). Maybe this is just a matter of personal taste, since I'm almost always a fan of other genres before JRPGs (don't get me wrong, I love FF to death), but I'm on Shaq's side for this one.

Shaq, don't you dare say anything about the pros of Frisk I just mentioned and discounted being the same as Shovel Knight's. Don't any of you dare.
Back to top Go down
TheMayMaysJack
Level 4 CPU
TheMayMaysJack

:^)

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 7:00 am

Lego Shaq wrote:
NO.
NO.
NO!

As much as I love Undertale, I have to agree with this right here.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 7:31 pm

Nope.avi No way. It's just like Freddy Fazbear, a fad indie game character that people push for. Next it's Flowly or what ever it is, IDGAF. This character also has no Nintendo relevance, and I'm a guy who wouldn't mind PS or Xbox characters in this fangame.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 2:38 am

Added minor bits of canonical story as well as dusted down that moveset, also I decided on three seperate smashes, umm which one is the best...
Back to top Go down
GothicSlenderman
Level 3 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 5:22 pm

I personally have no problem with an Undertale character (though, I think Cloud, Banjo-Kazooie, Bayonetta & Shovel Knight should come first and that's if they do add any of them)

Also Frisk is a decent choice as the main character but I think if any character from Undertale gets in it would be either Sans or Papyrus
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 6:00 pm

GothicSlenderman wrote:
I personally have no problem with an Undertale character (though, I think Cloud, Banjo-Kazooie, Bayonetta & Shovel Knight should come first and that's if they do add any of them)

Also Frisk is a decent choice as the main character but I think if any character from Undertale gets in it would be either Sans or Papyrus
Why would it be Sans or Papyrus? There shouldn't be an Undertale rep but if there was it's gonna be the main character
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 6:58 pm

Sans and Papyrus? Really Slender? A friend I know said Sans has 1 health. And even that, you can't play as them. Why not play as the main character instead, IF (and that's a big IF) Undertale is repped, which I highly doubt it will be.
Back to top Go down
AkumaTh
Level 3 CPU
AkumaTh

AkumaTh

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 5:20 pm

Frisk would be a good addition, but since he is recent I doubt he would be included right now.

And like people said, the move list is pretty bad. He has weapons that would be great to translated to his move set.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mgcomics.com/
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 4:33 am

AkumaTh wrote:
Frisk would be a good addition, but since they is recent I doubt they would be included right now.

And like people said, the move list is pretty bad. They has weapons that would be great to translated to their move set.
Fixed. Frisk doesn't have a gender.
Back to top Go down
TheMayMaysJack
Level 4 CPU
TheMayMaysJack

:^)

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 12:10 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
AkumaTh wrote:
Frisk would be a good addition, but since they is recent I doubt they would be included right now.

And like people said, the move list is pretty bad. They have weapons that would be great to translated to their move set.
Fixed. Frisk doesn't have a gender.
Fixed. In this world, it's fix grammatical errors or be a grammatical error.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 12:23 pm

In this world, it's SMASH or be SMASHED!
...okay, if Frisk gets in and gets a home stage, then Flowey NEEDS to be a stage hazard there, complete with this edit of Flowey's famous line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal Empty

Back to top Go down

Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next