Pac-Man Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 7:52 pm

My only changes for the sympathetic yellow ghost-gobbler are these:

-Side Special: Special Fruit: functions like in SSB4

-Down Special: Fire Hydrant: Functions like in SSB4; however, now, the water damages opponents.

(About the rest of his moveset, there's no trouble XD)

What do you think? Comment, please.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 8:05 pm

If we wanted the Special Fruit, it should be the neutral special. Chomp seems worthless to me...

But I think everyone is all for the Fire Hydrant down special.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 8:08 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
If we wanted the Special Fruit, it should be the neutral special. Chomp seems worthless to me...

But I think everyone is all for the Fire Hydrant down special.

Frankly, I'd prefer Chomp still being Neutral, due to it's Pac-Man's signature ability. But well...
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 8:19 pm

Well, if his moveset was made more like his Smash 4 one, chomp would be in a few of his other attacks, like his d-tilt and dash attack.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 11:02 pm

So.... Thoughts on my idea of Pac-Man's voice? You gotta admit he sounds much better compared to how he does in his recent games... Ghostly Adventures to be exact. X_X
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 11:03 pm

I think he'd be better if he was just silent like in Smash 4.

Original idea I know
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 11:10 pm

I think at least voice packs should be available for Crusade. Especially for characters like Sonic and whatnot ((fans are very split on preferred actors)).

I just want to hear Pac-Man with a good voice again basically, especially since his most recent one well... Sucks. ....Badly.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 11:12 pm

They wouldn't change to Ghostly Adventures for rather obvious reasons that I could list (but I won't).

At this point let's let the devs do what they want for Pac-Man's voice.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 11:16 pm

Makes sense. I also have a few sound effects from the Pac-Man World games if they want him mute. Including the "ouch" sound he makes in PMW2 & 3. I just feel Martin Sherman's voice clicks with Pac-Man's character overall though, which is a reason why I actually liked World 3.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 11:17 pm

We could also do a poll if someone could do that.

I dunno if I could but maybe.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 11:24 pm

It's why I really wish modding tools could be considered for Crusade for at least a future release. Granted, It's best to heavily lock the other stuff such as the menu assets and whatnot. I dunno how the hell .BIN files work anyway, but I won't ask as I don't want to get into any issues here.
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 4:12 pm

I say, why not two moveset for Pac-Man sort of like with Ryu? They're so different, it would be best to do this or nothing at all. By pressing the arrow on the CSS you could choose between Crusade Pac-Man and SSB4 Pac-Man.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 4:27 pm

Sean_McMuffin wrote:
I say, why not two moveset for Pac-Man sort of like with Ryu? They're so different, it would be best to do this or nothing at all. By pressing the arrow on the CSS you could choose between Crusade Pac-Man and SSB4 Pac-Man.
That'd be pretty unnecessary, we could easily just combine the two.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 8:09 pm

Ryu doesn't change movesets, only Final Smashes. Evil Ryu is a separate character
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 8:24 am

Alright back to this thread. Like agreed on earlier the fire hydrant would be great for Pac-Man in crusade instead of what he has now. Chomp should be changed to his side special, and neutral special could be replaced by special fruits. For up special, I like both the trampoline and what he has right now, but I do think the trampoline is a bit more unique. Pac-Man could turn into retro style for some moves too, like in Smash 4. Smash attacks should use the ghosts, and his grab from Smash 4 is great too.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 9:35 am

I still stand by my statement. Pac-Man doesn't need any changes. Crusade's interpretation of Pac-Man is more in character than Smash 4's will ever be.

Sean_McMuffin wrote:
Alright back to this thread. Like agreed on earlier the fire hydrant would be great for Pac-Man in crusade instead of what he has now. Chomp should be changed to his side special, and neutral special could be replaced by special fruits. For up special, I like both the trampoline and what he has right now, but I do think the trampoline is a bit more unique. Pac-Man could turn into retro style for some moves too, like in Smash 4. Smash attacks should use the ghosts, and his grab from Smash 4 is great too.

I'll come back to the Fire Hydrant. Moving on to Neutral Special. To be 100% honest, a while back I couldn't decide between Pac's Chomp or Bonus Fruit. That was the case until recently where I discovered that you actually had more control over his Chomp than I thought. That made me lean all the way towards his Chomp. The Bonus Fruit is really cool but I think this concept should be saved for another character who has a lot of projectiles in his/her moveset.

Sakurai screwed up with that Up special. Could he really not think of ANYTHING from Pac-Man's universe that could send him upwards? Guess not, because he didn't even bother to play more than two Pac-Man games.

I feel that the random classic form transformations would make Pac-Man's Final smash seem underwhelming, at least from a visual standpoint. Sure you could use his Smash 4 Final smash version but I always preferred smaller and faster than huge and sslooowwwww.

The ghosts? No thank you. His current Smash attacks are amazing! The Smash 4 grab is in the same boat as the Trampoline. Besides that grab is extremely slow and risky to use.

The Fire Hydrant? Maybe, but I think it will be awkward to use with Crusade's Pac. You'd mostly launch it forward with your fSmash but you'd also be sending yourself forward quite a distance where the opponent probably would want you.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 2:43 pm

No. Keep Crusade's Side-B. Actually was in a game.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 10:08 pm

Now I'm thinking it very well, gentlemen, I don't think Pac-Man's moveset needs any change.

Frankly, his moveset represents him better, and even more with moves from Pac-Man World games.

So, as a common quote says: "if something isn't broken, don't fix it"...
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 12:50 am

B-b-but the Hydrant!
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 10:42 am

Pac-Man's hydrant could be down air, but would act like it does in smash 4. The move would be required to be held. So Pac can use his old dair from crusade. This would mean that Pac would have to have the hydrant nerfed one way or another. Maybe it only shoots out one spurt of water while on the ground?
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 1:14 pm

No way. Hydrant = Down B if it gets in. Just as long as that "look" shit goes away
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 1:18 pm

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 1:58 pm

Am I the only one who likes PAC-MAN as he is?
The only real move I would replace is his Neutral Special because I personally don't see use in it (Move forward a tiny bit and suddenly helpless)
And even then if I were to replace it I would just make it a better version of it (Maybe make it like the Mii Swordfighter's Skyward Slash Dash where you have a brief moment to pick where you want to go and then go there, we could make PAC-MAN move either Up, Down, Left or Right with more power than the current Chomp)
The Rev Roll is awesome, Pellet Trail is basically a necessity as PAC-MAN's character and Look! is funny yet useful.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 2:18 pm

Bedoop Bro wrote:
Am I the only one who likes PAC-MAN as he is?
The only real move I would replace is his Neutral Special because I personally don't see use in it (Move forward a tiny bit and suddenly helpless)
And even then if I were to replace it I would just make it a better version of it (Maybe make it like the Mii Swordfighter's Skyward Slash Dash where you have a brief moment to pick where you want to go and then go there, we could make PAC-MAN move either Up, Down, Left or Right with more power than the current Chomp)
The Rev Roll is awesome, Pellet Trail is basically a necessity as PAC-MAN's character and Look! is funny yet useful.

Nope, you're not alone. I actually stated my points why Pac-Man shouldn't have any changes just a few posts before.

Well, you do have some kind of control over his Neutral special. If you pull it off right, you can break shields with it and it has armor on it (not sure how much, though).

As for Look, I can only speculate why people don't like it that much. It's a freakin move that homes in on opponents, dammit!
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 10:46 am

At the moment I do not like his neutral special nor his down special. The only reason I like side special is because it acts kind of similar to pacs side special in smash 4. It just acts a bit differently.
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 8:34 am

While Pacman is one of my favorites in SSBC, I do agree that his neutral isn't great.  I do however feel that his moveset is much more fun in this game compared to sm4sh; I love the tilt/air layout, and dair definitely needs to stay.
Back to top Go down
sluigi123
Level 3 CPU
sluigi123

PAC-MAN
  Sluigi123

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 6:03 am

If we were to implement the Bonus Fruit as his new Neutral Special for Pac-Man, here's my idea on making it act different to the one in SSB4:

Description:

I also think it would work for Pac-Man as well if his Down Special was the Fire Hydrant as well.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 6:16 am

If we were to get Bonus fruit I think it should just function like it does in SSB4.
Back to top Go down
sluigi123
Level 3 CPU
sluigi123

PAC-MAN
  Sluigi123

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 7:59 am

If they're to have it just like in SSB4, people would use the Key all the way; which is why I'd prefer to be given a random bonus item, and give each item much more usefulness in general.
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 12:24 pm

You only go for key if you don't know how to play Pac-Man. Key, Bell, Ship, the one that bounces (can't remember its name), and even Cherry can be useful for skilled players. It's a huge part of his meta.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pac-Man Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next