Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 1:34 pm

Down Special, but neutral special would be the current Down Special like you said, just a nerfed version lol.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 2:24 pm

Neutral B. Make the old Down B the new Neutral B and the Hydrant the new Down B.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 12:34 am

Down B. And also, I don't hate the current Neutral B, but I prefer the Bonus Fruit. But Down B needs a change more than Neutral B
Back to top Go down
Mikael_Fernandes
Level 3 CPU
Mikael_Fernandes

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 8:45 am

Down b. And,in response to trinitro,i would rather have d-spec as another game rep rather than frickin pac-man 2 : P (i also noticed there is no pac-land rep in pac moveset,so that just gives the hydrant more chances)
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 11:42 am

So currently, that's five for D-Spec and two for N-Spec.

Should we give it a bit more time, or should we start discussing what the replacement for D-Spec might be? If that's the case then we'll discuss N-Spec after that's done with.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 12:45 pm

Change it to the fire hydrant.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 1:11 pm

I second that, I like the Hydrant both as a reference to Pac-Land and functionally as it was in Smash 4.
Back to top Go down
Mikael_Fernandes
Level 3 CPU
Mikael_Fernandes

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 2:02 pm

3rd-ing pac's hydrant
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 5:27 pm

Still want the bonus fruit.
Back to top Go down
AmareTSM

AmareTSM

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 5:47 pm

Wow, people already had the same thoughts as I did regarding Pac's specs. My Thoughts

N-Spec: Chomp (Crusade)
Side-Spec: Dash Thingy (Crusade)
Down-Spec: Hydrant (SSB4) Wouldn't mind seeing Bonus Fruit as Down B though
Up Spec: Pellet Thingy (Crusade) Please make it faster though, it is so punishable rn.

So pretty much, all I want to see COMPLETELY change is Down B. Also, am I the only person who thinks that he shouldn't have a voice? The voice he has his not only not iconic, but annoying.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 9:06 pm

AmareTSM wrote:
Wow, people already had the same thoughts as I did regarding Pac's specs. My Thoughts

N-Spec: Chomp (Crusade)
Side-Spec: Dash Thingy (Crusade)
Down-Spec: Hydrant (SSB4) Wouldn't mind seeing Bonus Fruit as Down B though
Up Spec: Pellet Thingy (Crusade) Please make it faster though, it is so punishable rn.

So pretty much, all I want to see COMPLETELY change is Down B. Also, am I the only person who thinks that he shouldn't have a voice? The voice he has his not only not iconic, but annoying.

Seems the thread's in agreement so far, yeah.

Also I... Wasn't gonna bring up the voice, but yeah, it is kind of annoying. I'd much prefer the SSB4 arcade sounds over that, but I also wouldn't denounce the exist of Crusade or anything if they never changed it either.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 9:48 pm

I dunno, some of his miscellaneous moves I would like to see as well, like his neutral aerial and down tilt from Smash 4.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 10:29 pm

Have a listen to the trailer again. Pac-Man does have the SSB4 arcade sounds. But I'm guessing these sounds and the voice will be used together. I have no problem with Pac's voice though. Megaman on the other hand....

Edit:

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
I dunno, some of his miscellaneous moves I would like to see as well, like his neutral aerial and down tilt from Smash 4.

Do we REALLY have to bring Pac-Man's classic form into his moves aside from the final smash? Current Down tilt already serves the purpose of coming out quick and moving you forward.
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:36 pm

About using the ghosts in his Smash attacks...

What if Mario just shoved a goomba in your face for all of his Smash attacks
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 1:38 am

Ghosts as Smash attacks? No. Crusade makes Pac's smashes cool. And personally, I just want SSB4 Pac's Dair as his Down Throw
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 8:01 pm

I feel like Pac-Man's up special should be faster and shorter. More like Smash 4's side special.

Making it really long makes it annoying to kill Pac-Man, and to keep staying alive.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 7:19 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
I feel like Pac-Man's up special should be faster and shorter. More like Smash 4's side special.

Making it really long makes it annoying to kill Pac-Man, and to keep staying alive.

Honestly, I think it all balances out since you can see the path Pac-Man will travel in, which makes his recovery predictable.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 4:58 pm

Honestly, I prefer that Pac-Man doesn't receive any change...

Honestly, his moveset is more senseful in this game rather than in SSB4...
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 11:37 am

I really want a voice change. Not that I hate his Pac-Man 2 voice but I miss having Martin T. Sherman (the VA from Pac-Man World 3) voicing him. I have gotten to actually ripping voice clips from that game and I can share a few.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Mario123311 wrote:
I really want a voice change. Not that I hate his Pac-Man 2 voice but I miss having Martin T. Sherman (the VA from Pac-Man World 3) voicing him. I have gotten to actually ripping voice clips from that game and I can share a few.

From which game is Pac-Man's voice here?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 12:56 am

Do you even read the posts?
If yes, then you would have known from which game Pac-Man's voice is here.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 2:52 pm

His current voice is from Pac-Man 2, The one I want to replace it with ((or at least have as an optional addon or so)) is this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F_K38zYZjCw
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 3:07 pm

Mario123311 wrote:
His current voice is from Pac-Man 2, The one I want to replace it with ((or at least have as an optional addon or so)) is this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F_K38zYZjCw

Does the PW3 voice even have enough clips to fill in all the lines?
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 3:29 pm

I think so, I found plenty of unused clips and I have all his pain sounds/grunts and whatnot. He says quite a bit so I'll try and upload them soon.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 10:27 am

Wait, Pac-Man's n-special can be angled!? Even on the ground!? WHAT!? After all this time I didn't know that. You can also apparently speed up or slow down by holding forward/backward while in motion. I still can't believe I only discovered it now.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 3:12 pm

Here's a taste of how I think Pac should sound BTW.

Down Special is the Butt-Bounce, right? If so I think that should stay. Just add a small "shockwave" after each third bounce. It's a simple combo that was introduced in Pac-Man World 3 as well.

I'd rather his Side Special be replaced with the Rev-Roll though, I think the Pac-Man 2 representation is cute but it just feels weak and short IMO. I'd rather have something from one of his more well known games.
Back to top Go down
AmareTSM

AmareTSM

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 3:42 pm

Don't use that voice. I feel like no voice is best, but even the current voice is better than this, because it still sounds classic. This just sounds so not-Pacman-y.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 3:47 pm

Mario123311 wrote:

Down Special is the Butt-Bounce, right? If so I think that should stay. Just add a small "shockwave" after each third bounce. It's a simple combo that was introduced in Pac-Man World 3 as well.

I'd rather his Side Special be replaced with the Rev-Roll though, I think the Pac-Man 2 representation is cute but it just feels weak and short IMO. I'd rather have something from one of his more well known games.

Down Special is "Look" from Pac-Man 2. Down air is his Butt-bounce, however. Also, the side special IS his Rev-Roll attack.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 3:12 pm

Replace "Look" with the Hydrant and I think the moveset would be better.

Also, Again: Voice Change. I really want to hear Sherman's voice on Pac again. I'll upload clips very soon. I promise this time. :U
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 5:51 pm

https://www.mediafire.com/?w4gio14c07444io

Ladies and gentlemen, some of Pac-Man's clips from Pac-Man World 3. May require a bit of tinkering in Audacity to keep their volume and mono/stereo settings consistent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pac-Man Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next