Pac-Man Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Shining
Level 1 CPU

N/A

Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 pm

When do we get Ms.Pac-Man as an alt? lol XD
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 9:43 pm

Shining wrote:

If you want, you can make the sprites.
Back to top Go down
Shining
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 10:35 pm

Shiruza wrote:
Shining wrote:

I can't and I dunno how.. ._.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 10:42 pm

Shining wrote:
Shiruza wrote:
Shining wrote:

I can't and I dunno how.. ._.

The recolours in this game aren't sprite swaps, but palette swaps. Every colour can be changed to a different colour, allowing for a new costume. However, changing entire sprites is impossible, or at least incredibly difficult. To make Ms.Pac-Man, you'd either have to resprite the entire spritesheet to include a bow and somehow load that instead of a palette, or make her an entirely different character. And I'm not sure how I feel about Ms.Pac-Man being an entirely different character. : /
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 1:35 am

This isn't Smash 4, sprites are harder than models.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 5:25 am

Braystar wrote:
@Slissith and TaXMaN: Tax asked who liked Pac Land, and Sakurai liked it. Pac Land more sucessful that Pacman 2

And you stated that Sakurai was some kind of god and that no one should ever question his decisions.

I actually do like Pac-Man in Smash 4 but Crusade's version stays more true to Pac-Man as a character. I really don't want him to eventually turn into Smash 4 Pac just because "Smash 4 did it".
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 9:18 am

Braystar wrote:
I really don't like his Down B. The Fire Hydrant is more unique. Anyway, who actually liked Pacman 2?
I like Pacman 2, It is fun to upset pacman
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 9:40 am

CJ wrote:
Braystar wrote:
I really don't like his Down B. The Fire Hydrant is more unique. Anyway, who actually liked Pacman 2?
I like Pacman 2, It is fun to upset pacman

My thoughts also. Pacman 2 was less about the actual story or gameplay and more about what you can interact with using the slingshot.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 10:01 am

Maybe it's just because I haven't played a Pac-Man game (outside the arcade), but some of his moves seem really out of place (Look? Dash?).

I know people don't want to bring in Sm4sh stuff, but if it works, why not? What's wrong with moving neutral special to side (It makes him move forward anyways, and would be more convenient to use while moving), and re-introducing the fruit and hydrant?
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 10:29 am

Roy wrote:
Maybe it's just because I haven't played a Pac-Man game (outside the arcade), but some of his moves seem really out of place (Look? Dash?).

I know people don't want to bring in Sm4sh stuff, but if it works, why not? What's wrong with moving neutral special to side (It makes him move forward anyways, and would be more convenient to use while moving), and re-introducing the fruit and hydrant?

Pac's Down B originated from Pacman 2. In that game you couldn't control Pac-Man directly but you could direct him to something or warn him from danger (to which a "Look" speech bubble will appear). If it was something dangerous, Pac-Man would panic and run out of harm's way. It's kind of ironic that he does the complete opposite here in Crusade.

I don't like the idea of replacing Pac-Man's current Side special. Side B is Pac-Man's Rev Roll move from the Pac-Man World series which are some of Pac-Man's best games. Because of this, I see it as one of Pac-Man's most important moves. The move has good kill power, has great range, can be shield cancelled, can be used to recover and can even increase Pac-Man's grab range.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 2:11 pm

@TaXMaN I'm not saying that we need to 100% replace Crusade Pac with Smash 4 Pac, but the Down B is the only thing that needs to change. I do have other things I would like to see from Pac (Like his Down Throw acting like his Down Areal from Smash 4, wher he kicks multiple ties (I don't know why they didn't choose the Butt Bounce)). And Crusade Pac' Side B is fine they way it is. Smash 4 Pac's side B is basically his Up B in Crrusade, so that's ok.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 2:18 pm

If Down B were to change it wouldn't bother me TOO much. But I can already see the requests popping up that his N special should change to Bonus fruit to compliment his Down B. That's what bothers me.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 2:24 pm

I didn't realize his >B was a major move in Pac-Man World. Alright then.

Considering the 'Look' is from Pac-Man 2... would you be against making that neutral special, and the hydrant down special? That would mean all 4 special moves are from different games.

If that won't work, well, I guess I'll leave this to the Pac-Man fans.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 2:35 pm

I don't know... Pac-Man's current neutral special is pretty useful. It has the potential to break shields and it has some armour. If a change HAD to be made, I think I'd rather have the hydrant replace "Look" and leave the current n special as it is.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 12:29 am

Okay, maybe it's because I haven't played every Pac-Man game, but Pac-Man's Neutral Special makes absolutely no sense to me. So yeah, Look becoming the Neutral Special and the Hydrant returning as a Down Special would be fine in my book.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 1:18 am

How does it not make sense? It represents the thing that Pac-Man does best! Chomping food or enemies. Heck it even makes the ghost consume sound effect when it connects!
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 3:57 am

Eh, the Up B and Final Smash makes it look more obvious. It also would have looked more obvious in both the case of the Neutral Special and the Up Special if Pac-Man could transform into his classic ball form for a short while, so his Final Smash can be a version of Pac-Man's ball form that is bigger (like in Smash 4), because Pac-Man really needs a buff.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 4:17 am

I think Pac-Man has one of the best Final Smashes out there. Yes, he moves slowly but you can easily play mind games with his 4 way movement and it only takes a few chomps before you KO someone with it anyway. It would make Pac-Man's Final Smash OP if he was even harder to avoid.

I kinda see Up B more a reference to Pac-Man World's Pac Dot chains than to the classic title (hence why I think he still stays in his normal form). The neutral special could have him change to his Ball from but it would take the charm out of his Final Smash, wouldn't it (if you also consider what I've said above)?
Back to top Go down
Geno Boost
Level 3 CPU
Geno Boost

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 7:26 am

its seems there is alot of people who prefer Smash 4 moveset over Crusade moveset but why not have both? Pac-man moveset can be changed fully into Smash 4 moveset and adding Ms. Pac-man to take all of Crusade Pac-man moveset that could work in some update in the future.
Back to top Go down
Fennec
Level 3 CPU
Fennec

KasaiTheBraixen

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 10:06 am

I prefer just keeping the same default Pac-man for both movesets. I think Sm4sh's moveset should just be taken into a form just like Ryu's different Final Smash forms.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/FireFenni/
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 12:20 pm

Kasai wrote:
I prefer just keeping the same default Pac-man for both movesets. I think Sm4sh's moveset should just be taken into a form just like Ryu's different Final Smash forms.

I think this is a better solution than the previous one.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 6:18 pm

His normal moves are fine, it's just the specials
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 12:33 am

Braystar wrote:
His normal moves are fine, it's just the specials

I thought the only thing that bothered you was the Down special.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 4:36 am

Well I prefer the Fruit then the chomp that Pac can do in normal moves. But that Down B is bad. The Side and Up are great.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 5:08 am

The problem I see with the Bonus Fruit is that most people usually abuse it. They go straight for the Key, leaving the rest in the dust for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Mikael_Fernandes
Level 3 CPU
Mikael_Fernandes

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 8:28 am

TaXMaN wrote:
The problem I see with the Bonus Fruit is that most people usually abuse it. They go straight for the Key, leaving the rest in the dust for the most part.
only people who does not know how to play pac-man effectively only go to the key. there is so much stuff you can do with the other fruits/galaga ship/bell. combine that and the hydrant and you can get some pretty sick combos.
So,in conclusion= 
N-Spec:B. Fruit
S-Spec:Rev Roll
D-Spec:Hydrant
U-Spec:Pellets
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 10:27 am

I think that B.Fruit still needs to be replaced with "Look!". Sure, many people hate it, but with your idea, one game already has two special moves representations (B.Fruit and Pellets), so yeah, Neutral Special should be "Look!", simply so more classic Pac-Man games can be referenced.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 12:27 pm

I vote we focus on deciding what *one* special move should be before we rearrange the entire moveset.

Let's get tallies. If any Special move had to be changed, which would you prefer get changed? "Nothing" is a valid answer here.

I vote D-Spec.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 12:30 pm

If something had to be changed then I would vote Down B
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 1:12 pm

Down B
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pac-Man Discussion   Pac-Man Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pac-Man Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next