View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 8:14 pm

1. Marth's d-air takes far too long and his animation sticks in mid air for a while...not sure if this is purposeful or not. It seems to be fixed in 'turbo' mode so no harm done I suppose.

2. Xpadder support is 100% broken in the latest patch; only working when the actual Xpadder window is active. When I minimize Xpadder, all activity in the Crusade window ceases when I shift the analog stick which is mapped to the arrow keys (Crusade is also mapped to the arrow keys as usual for movement.) I confirmed that it is ONLY IN THE LATEST PATCH that this happens, I tried the un-patched version of demo 0.9 and Xpadder works perfectly fine. It is in this patch only.

3. I'm not sure if this is on purpose but chracters seem to turnaround slower when compared to the test-demo version of 0.9. I'll just put it here just in case.
It's not a major complaint, it just seems to slow the game down a good bit.

Out of all these, Xpadder is the most urgent as the C-Stick button on Joy2Key is haywire and only works correctly in Xpadder. Please investigate. Thank you.

Anyone else have this trouble??
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 1:55 am

On the third point, you can instantly cancel your dash by crouching. So if you want to turnaround quickly, crouch then immediately go in the other direction.
Back to top Go down
Traweezie

Traweezie

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 9:43 am

Xalciss wrote:
1. Marth's d-air takes far too long and his animation sticks in mid air for a while...not sure if this is purposeful or not. It seems to be fixed in 'turbo' mode so no harm done I suppose.

2. Xpadder support is 100% broken in the latest patch; only working when the actual Xpadder window is active. When I minimize Xpadder, all activity in the Crusade window ceases when I shift the analog stick which is mapped to the arrow keys (Crusade is also mapped to the arrow keys as usual for movement.) I confirmed that it is ONLY IN THE LATEST PATCH that this happens, I tried the un-patched version of demo 0.9 and Xpadder works perfectly fine. It is in this patch only.

3. I'm not sure if this is on purpose but chracters seem to turnaround slower when compared to the test-demo version of 0.9. I'll just put it here just in case.
It's not a major complaint, it just seems to slow the game down a good bit.

Out of all these, Xpadder is the most urgent as the C-Stick button on Joy2Key is haywire and only works correctly in Xpadder. Please investigate. Thank you.

Anyone else have this trouble??

Run xpadder as an admin it should fix it
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/traweezie?feature=mhee
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 4:49 pm

Not as much of a bug, but when you put in a wrong IP, it kinda freezes the game, and mine ended up crashing... Might just be me, and it's not a huge deal, but it is there.

EDIT: NEver mind, fixed it, it was my bad. Ahaha...
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 5:30 pm

Samus's Charge Shot remains visible for about a half second even if canceled with Shield.
It's pretty easy to escape from Up Smash, making it very punishable.
Fox, Krystal, Falco, and Saki drop out of Samus's Up B before it finishes unless she hits them from below while airborne. Kirby also only gets hit by about half of the hits but doesn't drop out.
Samus's grab catches opponents who are behind her (maybe intentional?).
Not a bug as much as a balance/visual issue: Samus's grab has a huge number of active frames and can catch opponents even after she's mostly retracted the grapple. It looks really weird and seems pretty powerful to have a grab that stays out for so long.
Not a bug as much as a visual flaw - her Forward Aerial has effects on both the sprite itself and actual explosion effects, which clash pretty badly if using an alternate pallete. We probably want to remove the sprite's effects.

Goku's Kamehameha Wave (Neutral B) hits at maximum range before the beam has animated out that far. (Does that make sense?)

Sometimes Fox's Up B causes him to fall to the ground during its startup, and when this happens the animation gets stuck during the charging part. I haven't been able to do this - seems only CPUs do it, but I have seen it happen 3 times in a single match.

PS - Samus seems really good. Smile

PPS - Snake hits himself with his own grenades when he throws them (using B, not shield-dropping)... sometimes. Also, fully charging Snake's Down Smash results in Snake himself getting hit by it. Shocked

EDIT: Got some more.

Mega Man's Final Smash can be shielded on the first hit.
Mega Man's Neutral Aerial has no hit sound effects (IIRC for every hit).

Lucas's Up Smash has no hit sound effect for the second hit.
Sometimes Lucas's Back Air hits twice (may be intentional).

Last edited by Falcon8r on Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More bugs!)
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 8:41 pm

Thanks falcon8r.

Lucas' Bair wasn't intended to hit twice, but when i noticed it i figured it was the good kind of accidental. It's supposed to be a really powerful aerial anyway. Might nerf damage per hit a little but other than that im good with it.
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 8:55 pm

Thanks for the quick patches Perfect Hell! I know I'm throwing a lot of stuff at you guys but I've been playing a lot lately. Smile

I agree about Lucas's Bair. It was always pretty hard to get the spike hitbox reliably, so now it's almost a guarantee at the right percent. If I remember correctly, it was one of the strongest spikes in the game in 0.8, just really difficult to pull off in a real match.

By the way, Bowser's grounded Up B is seriously overpowered. Only reason I bring it up here is because it seems unintentional. I'll talk about it more in the Bowser thread.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 9:04 pm

It's not unintentional, if nerfed it wont be by a whole lot. Killing with Bowser is a little difficult normally because of how slow his attacks can be coupled with bad mobility, it's so easy to just dash dance around his stuff and punish 0-death. He needs high kill power though, so having one reliable strong killer is a thing he badly needs. I might reduce it's kill percent by maybe 10 at most but that's all. Also the way it's coded, i dont want to make it slower or the air version also gets dragged down and it's already slow enough. Maybe the actual falling speed could be reduced or something. I'll look at it, but the move really is intended to be a very good kill move.
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 2:47 pm

Chun-Li's back throw, which has two hits, doesn't land as a combo. I was fighting Ganondorf, and he Up B'd me between the hits. I tried it again, and it looked like the first hit did no hitstun whatsoever.

Her forward throw is fun though. Smile

Edit: A caveat to the above issue with back throw - if you do it in training with the CPU set to "Idle", you can still get a combo. For example, Nair, Grab - Back Throw is a 3-hit combo. However, set the CPU to evade, and sometimes they can shield the second hit of Back Throw.
Back to top Go down
fpkfor
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 7:20 pm

Think this is wayy to specific for this thread but whatevar

Stage:Battle Field

Conditions:Mewtwo(CPU) getting hit by Duck Hunt Dog Up Tilt at the beggining of his Up B(Have not tested with other moves or characters)

Result:Mewtwo getting Star KOd

Note:Done in base version,the glitch might be fixed in newer versions

(And wario side b glitch was also in 0.9T)
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 10:16 am

Waluigi: Hold jump after whiffed OR executed Neutral B. (I believe without moving or it'll trigger his gliding state.)

Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 6:37 am

Weegee's Down Throw also un-combos kind of like Chun-Li's Back Throw.
Back to top Go down
Nana
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 11:29 am

Not sure if this is a bug or not. But, I reported it on the facebook page got no reply so I'll post it here.

"I noticed 0.84 has a settings.ini which saves various settings but 0.9 doesn't nor does it save settings I apply to the game? I manually have to reapply the settings I want for the game each time, which is very annoying. Why is that?"

I also noticed upon generating a blank.ini file some settings saved but this was all that saved.

[GENERAL]
bgmvolume=1
sfxvolume=0.70
[LOCAL]
airdodge=1
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:40 pm

Nana wrote:
Not sure if this is a bug or not. But, I reported it on the facebook page got no reply so I'll post it here.

"I noticed 0.84 has a settings.ini which saves various settings but 0.9 doesn't nor does it save settings I apply to the game? I manually have to reapply the settings I want for the game each time, which is very annoying. Why is that?"

I also noticed upon generating a blank.ini file some settings saved but this was all that saved.

[GENERAL]
bgmvolume=1
sfxvolume=0.70
[LOCAL]
airdodge=1

Not sure whether that's a bug or just removal of a feature entirely, but I agree it was nice to have the settings saved in 0.8 and miss it now.
Back to top Go down
gonica

PostSubject: Controller   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 8:06 pm

Xpadder and JoyToKey do not work in .9 as of the current patch on gamejolt. I've also tried running both as administrator.
I am running on Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 8:09 pm

gonica wrote:
Xpadder and JoyToKey do not work in .9 as of the current patch on gamejolt. I've also tried running both as administrator.
I am running on Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Try running Crusade as a normal user instead.

I'm not sure that's possible as of this patch tho.
---
The win animations are stuck on frame 1? Or is that just me?
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/
gonica

PostSubject: to clarify    New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 8:13 pm

Sorry I meant that I ran both xpadder and JoyToKey as admin not crusade am trying to run crusade as administrator now.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Heights
Level 4 CPU

Hyperbeam Canon

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 8:21 pm

I got a controller working, sadly it's not mine Sad xbox360 with xpadder. At first it didn't work, that is until my buddy clicked on the browser to google some info on the second screen, meaning crusade window wasn't selected, and that's when the controller was working. You have to click away from the window so it works. I don't know how else to explain it. Just do this. when you run the game at fullscreen covering your desktop. Grab your mouse and click on your windows bar at the bottom, then your controller should work. Keep trying, because the first time it may not work, but after the second to third try, I was able to play with my buddy. He played on the controller, so he kept beating me. It was fun finally playing with someone 100% lag-free.
Back to top Go down
gonica

PostSubject: controller   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 8:43 pm

awesome works like a charm thank you.
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 6:56 am

Pichu's Side B doesn't seem to do anything. Pichu goes through the animation and says, "Chuuu!", but it doesn't leave the ground.

Did Pikachu's Forward Throw get changed to just one hit? Seems to be that way now.

Toad's Down Throw induces a crazy amount of sliding across the ground.

Weegee's opponents, when hit by his neutral special, seem to fall through the ground if hit while airborne. However, it's just the sprite of Weegee that gets drawn over them, as they momentarily re-appear back on stage.

Goku's Jab un-combos into the rapid kicks part, making it pretty punishable even when it hits. Due to this, Goku's spacing options on the ground are pretty restricted.
Goku's Down Tilt animation sees Goku moving backwards during startup.
Goku's Side and Down Smashes seem to be missing a sound effect or playing the wrong ones. They feel empty at the moment (may be intentional).
Goku's Forward Throw seems to be missing some hit sound effects.
Goku's Up Throw leaves Goku at a slight disadvantage on hit (may be intentional).
Not a bug in the literal sense, but Goku's Kaioken Down B launches foes so high in the air that they don't even need to meteor cancel to recover from it, even at 100%+. Therefore, it's only useful for damage. (may be intentional)
Back to top Go down
Crimson Heights
Level 4 CPU

Hyperbeam Canon

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 7:58 am

Falcon8r, you're really good at this! I try to analyze characters, but I'm not a good tester, so I can safely leave most of that to you guys Smile

I have a question about Capt. Falcon and Pichu. When I use both of these character's up special recoveries, they're no longer able to dodge at all. Is this intentional?

Update to the controller bug, my pal said he had to press the keyboard key for start (which is Enter), to get the game to the start screen, then you have to click away from the game to let the controller work. At the start screen, the controller works, but after you click away.
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 9:01 am

Crimson Heights wrote:
Falcon8r, you're really good at this! I try to analyze characters, but I'm not a good tester, so I can safely leave most of that to you guys Smile

I have a question about Capt. Falcon and Pichu. When I use both of these character's up special recoveries, they're no longer able to dodge at all. Is this intentional?

Yes, that's intentional. A lot of characters go into a "helpless" state once they have performed their Up B or other recovery move, and this is by design so that their recoveries are more limited. Some characters, like Petey Piranha, don't go into helpless when using Up B.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 9:58 am

Don't know if this has been adressed, but Shadow's Bair has some strange opacity issues.
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 9:49 am

CPU Shadow consistently uses his teleport away from the stage while recovering.
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 4:43 pm

Yay, Wario Bike.

Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 6:36 pm

Falcon8r wrote:

Thankfully, not as bad as .9T
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 1:38 pm

Here's video of the above issues mentioned with moves that don't combo - plus Ganon's Up B! Sorry about the cropping again (Bandicam is derp, only seems to have this issue with Crusade).

Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 6:35 pm

im still looking for the "glitches" in that bike video.

Keep on reportin, we fix.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 7:52 pm

Falcon8r wrote:
(Bandicam is derp, only seems to have this issue with Crusade.)

That's actually a Game Maker problem. I ran into it while recording my Single continue clear with Neodym and it was the same problem with a scrapped test run I did with Sexy Hiking.

Right Now I use Fraps and I kind of wonder if that's fixing it.
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 2:28 am

Perfect Hell wrote:
im still looking for the "glitches" in that bike video.

Keep on reportin, we fix.
I'm thinking they refer to the Bike Jump at the end of the Vid:
Side B - Jump , rinse and repeat instead of dropping the Bike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next