Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 7:23 pm

Kirby's Wheelie animation won't turn around when he does. Just spins awkwardly. Also, Pichu's D.Special still a WIP?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 7:33 pm

Pichu's Dspecial is endure, it gives super armor and if you get hit during the armor, you can immediately act afterwards with anything you want. Since Side B scales with your damage, you can tank a move at high percents with Dspecial and then counter with side special for kill. Especially useful since Pichu raises it's own damage but is lightweight. This helps you survive at those high percents and get a better chance to land that suped up side B.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 8:37 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
Pichu's Dspecial is endure, it gives super armor and if you get hit during the armor, you can immediately act afterwards with anything you want.  Since Side B scales with your damage, you can tank a move at high percents with Dspecial and then counter with side special for kill.  Especially useful since Pichu raises it's own damage but is lightweight. This helps you survive at those high percents and get a better chance to land that suped up side B.

Wow! He's like the new Lucario then! Kappa

In all seriousness, pretty cool move!
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 8:43 pm

Get ready, I have a list! Wink

CPUs with gliding recoveries usually SD when they end up gliding away from the stage.

CPUs almost always SD off the left side of Green Hill Zone if they are trying to recover.

C. Falcon's Side Smash passes through Knuckles, Tingle, and others at close range.

Tingle's Jab rarely gets the second hit if he gets the first. This could be due to CPUs using SDI, but still, I've never landed both hits outside of Training, and even then it requires precise spacing.

Meta Knight's Mach Tornado can combo into just about anything, which I believe is unintentional... Also, it's quite easy to combo into it now as well.

Ashley's Pantalones Giganticus inexplicably disappears sometimes at close range, or before it even leaves her wand.

This was a pre-existing bug, but it's still there. Ridley's fireball in his D Special still disappears while he is charging it.

Also, not a bug, but his Jab feels super-awkward now because it moves excessively far forward and has a crazy-slow startup. It's utterly useless now, and that's coming from me. Smile

One more not-a-bug - I don't like crying for nerfs, but come on man... Evil Ryu's and Ryu's EX Shoryukens are seriously OP. 5-frame startup, invincible, KOs Link at around 75% from the floor of FD, 14-15% damage, can be hit-confirmed into from a 3-frame jab. When I designed these guys I intended the EX Shoryuken to be used for GTFO-type situations with its increased invulnerability and range, but now, the regular Shoryukens are useless because they do less damage and knockback and have inferior invincibility and range. Before, the regular Shoryukens did slightly more knockback, making them better finishers, at the expense of invulnerability. Now, why use regular when you can EX? I don't see any downsides, unless I'm missing something. At least EX Tatusmaki and Hadoken have flaws (EX Tatsu stays in place and is punishable, EX Hadoken has much worse cooldown lag than regular).

Also, why the heck does Ryu's Side Special (held) do 26%? You do realize this means he does well over 30 damage from just about any combo into it? For example, using tapped aerial Side B, Jab Jab, held Side B? That seems really strong when you consider that Ryu doesn't even need 80% to KO...
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 10:20 pm

Falcon8r wrote:
Get ready, I have a list! Wink

CPUs with gliding recoveries usually SD when they end up gliding away from the stage.

CPUs almost always SD off the left side of Green Hill Zone if they are trying to recover.

C. Falcon's Side Smash passes through Knuckles, Tingle, and others at close range.

Tingle's Jab rarely gets the second hit if he gets the first. This could be due to CPUs using SDI, but still, I've never landed both hits outside of Training, and even then it requires precise spacing.
We'll work on it

Meta Knight's Mach Tornado can combo into just about anything, which I believe is unintentional... Also, it's quite easy to combo into it now as well.

Actually the opponent escapes hitstun about the same time you escape end lag, except they are too high above you to land anything except Uair at low percents or a jumped aerial at higher percents. These take time, and the opponent could easily jump, dodge, or throw out an aerial of their own. Not to mention normal DI, which would allow the opponent to mix up their kb trajectory and escape.

Ashley's Pantalones Giganticus inexplicably disappears sometimes at close range, or before it even leaves her wand.
That's a misfire, giving Ashley increased weight.

This was a pre-existing bug, but it's still there. Ridley's fireball in his D Special still disappears while he is charging it.

Also, not a bug, but his Jab feels super-awkward now because it moves excessively far forward and has a crazy-slow startup. It's utterly useless now, and that's coming from me. Smile
Startup can be lowered, i see no issue with the movement and therefore increased range and better positioning for knockback.

One more not-a-bug - I don't like crying for nerfs, but come on man... Evil Ryu's and Ryu's EX Shoryukens are seriously OP. 5-frame startup, invincible, KOs Link at around 75% from the floor of FD, 14-15% damage, can be hit-confirmed into from a 3-frame jab. When I designed these guys I intended the EX Shoryuken to be used for GTFO-type situations with its increased invulnerability and range, but now, the regular Shoryukens are useless because they do less damage and knockback and have inferior invincibility and range. Before, the regular Shoryukens did slightly more knockback, making them better finishers, at the expense of invulnerability. Now, why use regular when you can EX? I don't see any downsides, unless I'm missing something. At least EX Tatusmaki and Hadoken have flaws (EX Tatsu stays in place and is punishable, EX Hadoken has much worse cooldown lag than regular).
I'll look into it

Also, why the heck does Ryu's Side Special (held) do 26%? You do realize this means he does well over 30 damage from just about any combo into it? For example, using tapped aerial Side B, Jab Jab, held Side B? That seems really strong when you consider that Ryu doesn't even need 80% to KO...
Fair point.
Back to top Go down
Traweezie

Traweezie

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 1:16 am

Fox's shine won't have a hitbox when you go for a shine spike. Instead it goes through them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/traweezie?feature=mhee
Dry

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 1:51 am

I think Shine's hitbox only exists on its first few frames. Could you simply be mistiming it?
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 7:45 am

Dry wrote:
I think Shine's hitbox only exists on its first few frames. Could you simply be mistiming it?

But it's Traweezie. Kappa
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:38 am

Perfect Hell wrote:

Actually the opponent escapes hitstun about the same time you escape end lag, except they are too high above you to land anything except Uair at low percents or a jumped aerial at higher percents. These take time, and the opponent could easily jump, dodge, or throw out an aerial of their own.  Not to mention normal DI, which would allow the opponent to mix up their kb trajectory and escape.
Well, maybe I should describe what was going on here in a bit more detail.

If you use Mach Tornado so that it ends mid-air, Meta Knight seems to have a shorter cooldown time. In such cases you can follow-up with Up B or a jumped up aerial as you mentioned. Thing is, it registers as a combo according to the combo counter at the bottom of the screen. This is fine, but shouldn't it have a smaller hitbox/longer recovery or something to compensate? The hitbox on MT seems a bit better than I remember, and now it's also a combo move. Like I said, that's fine since it's now pretty useful, but it shouldn't be super-safe.

Quote :
That's a misfire, giving Ashley increased weight.

Brow raise
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 10:01 am

I'll look into shine.

We went over Ashley's special moves in the thread where she is being discussed. You can either put out a projectile that increases your opponent's weight, thus allowing you better combos, or you can misfire and increase your own weight, as a lightweight this gives you better survivability.

I've increased the midair endlag of tornado in my build by like 8-10 frames, there shouldnt be a problem anymore. Also, what exactly are you comboing into it with?
Back to top Go down
Traweezie

Traweezie

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 11:18 am

Dry wrote:

Nah I use it right when I get next to them. It hits but it does no knockback or hitstun
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/traweezie?feature=mhee
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 1:14 pm

Tested the move it works fine. Also looked over the code, the only possibility is that you didnt hit on frame 1. On frame 2 shine loses all kb, damage and stun. This was not the case in older versions, so you must be used to the old version where the hitbox was there for like 10 frames. Frame 1 only now.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 1:21 pm

How on earth does MK combo off midair tornado? It puts him into a helpless state.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 1:25 pm

Coding oversight, fixed.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 1:28 pm

Huh, ok. Is the end lag still increased, then? It's kinda pointless to have increased end lag on a helpless move, unless it looks better with that end lag.

EDIT: Weird thing, it looks like the Mach Tornado on your build also prevents it being used if air < max_jumps. It should be usable regardless. Should I fix that?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 1:43 pm

No, it only prevents when air = max_jumps. This was an assurance to prevent combining special moves in his recovery, you can only use one. For example, down B - > B for recovery. I've added this to all special moves, the problem was that tornado was setting air=max_jumps on frame 78 and thus cancelling the move early.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 1:46 pm

No, I mean the first line. On dropbox it reads
if ( state_type = "stand" || state_type = "run" || state_type = "jump" ) && air < max_jumps

It's supposed to be
if ( state_type = "stand" || state_type = "run" || state_type = "jump" )

The second one is the one on my files, and it's the one I intended. And the glitch was caused by the first one.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:16 pm

Actually the first one assures that you can't use it after having used a non-helpless down b, or up B. The lack of helpless was caused by air = max_jumps at timer mark 78. I already tested and confirmed that this is correct, and that in my latest version of the file you will go into helpless state.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:18 pm

That's my point, I designed it so that you CAN use it after down B and up B. Specifically, up B, so that you can frame trap certain characters with grounded up B > B.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:33 pm

Oh i see, i didnt know you intended that.
Back to top Go down
lemonlime
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 5:53 pm

No matter what character i am playing, if i get hit while im doing any attack, my character goes into a series of automatic A attacks (sometimes smash attacks)

edit: found a workaround. enabling hold to walk(instead of double tap to run) seems to have completely eliminated the issue.
Back to top Go down
gsdfhf

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 8:15 am

The game won't run, whenever I try to open it, it says 'Super Smash Bros. Crusade v9.0 has stopped working.' and then when I close it, it says 'Error: Can't read game file'. Any help would be highly appreciated, as I really want to play this game. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Nights Owl
Level 4 CPU
Nights Owl

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 9:13 am

gsdfhf wrote:
The game won't run, whenever I try to open it, it says 'Super Smash Bros. Crusade v9.0 has stopped working.' and then when I close it, it says 'Error: Can't read game file'. Any help would be highly appreciated, as I really want to play this game. :cry:

Where did you download from?
Back to top Go down
Malkasaur

Malkasaur

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 10:34 am

There's a huge issue with the game that I noticed. The soft platforms are broken. First of all, it's impossible to crouch on them. Whenever you hit down so that you can crouch, you fall straight through it. In addition to this, if you hit down while in the air at any point, you will fall through soft platforms. No matter what. This makes doing SHFFLs impossible on soft platforms.
EDIT: I looked at it again, and it looks like fast falling causes it, but only at certain heights. Even if I let go of down, I still fall through the platform.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 10:48 am

Walk down will allow you to crouch on platforms and not initiate fast falls.  This is identical to console, where tilting down will crouch while slamming down will fall through.  As a helper to this, the fall through from standing on platform has a 14 frame wait before you actually fall through, which allows ample time to instead do a dtilt or dsmash or down b if you inputted that.  So, doing down based attacks/specials on a platform works fine.  If you want to sit in crouch while on a platform though and not immediately attack, you have to do Walk + Down.

Edit

As for the SHFFL thing, the amount of time fast falling causes fall through after initiating must be too high, it will be looked at.
Back to top Go down
Malkasaur

Malkasaur

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 10:55 am

That... makes sense I guess. It's annoying to have to remember to hold walk whenever I want to crouch. What about the thing with fast falling through platforms? I can't SHFFL because I fall through the platform.
Back to top Go down
Malkasaur

Malkasaur

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 10:59 am

Also, I found something amusing with Peach (it might also apply to any character with an item in hand). I pulled up a turnip and attempted to throw it up by hitting C-Up (as one would do in normal Smash), and instead of going up, it did something else. It threw the turnip straight forward, however I also did an U Smash as soon as the throwing animation finished.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 11:12 am

Yeah, fast fall plat drops will be looked into.

C-stick assignments to item tosses must not be implemented correctly, it will be looked into.
Back to top Go down
lemonlime
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 11:16 am

gsdfhf wrote:
The game won't run, whenever I try to open it, it says 'Super Smash Bros. Crusade v9.0 has stopped working.' and then when I close it, it says 'Error: Can't read game file'. Any help would be highly appreciated, as I really want to play this game. Crying or Very sad

Try disabling your print spooler. No idea why this works but my buddy had the same issue and that seems to have fixed it.
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 6:54 pm

Really funny glitch at around 5:20 where Ganon's sword clanks with Boomerang, causing the hitbox to last a long time. The reason this is a glitch is that Final Smashes generally aren't supposed to clank with other hitboxes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~   New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~ - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

New 0.9 bugs, fresh!~
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next