Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 10:18 am

Spike Spiegel (Mistress) wrote:
VultureDuck wrote:
Well since Perfecthell4 included my Pokemon X Dragonball idea, I don't see the problem.

VultureDuck wrote:
BTW Yoshi X Pac-Man because both love eating fruits and enemies

There's this thing called editing your posts. I recommend you try it insetad of double posting.

Also, F-Zero X Mach Rider. Both games involve high speed racing in a future ristic setting, not to mention that in Melee and Brawl, a remix of Mach Rider's theme appears on an F-Zero stage.

F-Zero is merging with StarFox and Mach Rider is merging with Duck Hunt, so that's (almost) not going to happen.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 10:20 am

VultureDuck wrote:
VultureDuck wrote:
Well since Perfecthell4 included my Pokemon X Dragonball idea, I don't see the problem.

VultureDuck wrote:

There's this thing called editing your posts. I recommend you try it insetad of double posting.

Also, F-Zero X Mach Rider. Both games involve high speed racing in a future ristic setting, not to mention that in Melee and Brawl, a remix of Mach Rider's theme appears on an F-Zero stage.

F-Zero is merging with StarFox and Mach Rider is merging with Duck Hunt, so that's (almost) not going to happen.
Didn't you read the OP?

None of this is official and still subject to change.
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 10:23 am

Pearly wrote:
VultureDuck wrote:
VultureDuck wrote:

VultureDuck wrote:

Didn't you read the OP?

None of this is official and still subject to change.

Ok, thanks
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 am

Of the new suggestions, I agree with Yoshi X LoZ and Fire Emblem X Metal Gear.

F-Zero X Mach Rider was something i originally considered, but I'm not sure if i want to use that considering the crossovers we already have for both of those.

Edit
Take a look at the OP, I'm still taking suggestions on the remaining series'. If it can be justified, feel free to suggest tacking some of the remaining series onto existing cross-overs or to use more than 2 when creating new cross-overs, as this will reduce the number of worlds present.
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:28 am

Final Fantasy X Golden Sun: both being turn based RPGs and being able to fight unique type of monsters.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:36 am

I've come up with these:
Golden Sun X Final Fantasy (As VultureDuck said, both are turn-based RPGs and to take that a step further, both represent popular JRPG's that have pushed into the global market rather than strictly Japan)

Bomberman X Final Fantasy (Both were originally released Japan-only for the Famicom, then moved to other platforms and countries upon success and critical acclaim)

Bomberman X Final Fantasy X Sin and Punishment (Same as above but without restricting to the Famicom console)
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 1:40 pm

I'll sticky this. Seems to be a hot topic.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 2:00 pm

Just realized Mega Man was missing from the OP, the series is now on the list.

Mega Man X Pac-Man, both being classics with different translated names in Japan (Rockman and Puck-Man respectively)?
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 2:01 pm

That and Mega Man fought Pac-Man in SFxT

rivals till the end
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 4:42 pm

The only thing im liking so far is Ace Attorney + Mortal Kombat.

If only for it being an excuse to go against one of the Ace Attorney baddies for a legit reason in a boss fight or something.
Back to top Go down
mr. game
Level 3 CPU
mr. game

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:06 pm

Weegee could be the last boss

Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 WEEGEE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:23 pm

GigaPichu wrote:
The only thing im liking so far is Ace Attorney + Mortal Kombat.

If only for it being an excuse to go against one of the Ace Attorney baddies for a legit reason in a boss fight or something.
This crazy bitch?
Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 Dahlia_Hawthorne_OA
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:26 pm

I was thinking her, possibly.

Though I'd also like to see Gant or Alba, maybe.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 7:05 pm

If we can finish up this list:
- Golden Sun
- Crash Bandicoot
- Final Fantasy
- Bomberman
- Sin and Punishment
- Punch-Out
- Pikmin

We'll move on to bosses.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 7:11 pm

oh i didnt care about this thread, i just mentioned i liked the idea of an Ace Attorney boss XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:19 pm

mr. game wrote:
Weegee could be the last boss

Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 WEEGEE

He's a playable character, though. An alt for Luigi.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 10:17 pm

I have to be quite honest. The crossovers that are listed are one-dimensional and uninspiring.

The only exception being Scorpion X Phoenix Wright. I like the idea of the murderer mixed with the law. Very creative and can really create some interesting moments if we were to throw in cutscenes.

We should get creative with these pairings. Rayman X Ezio pairing for example doesn't sound interesting. Its pretty predictable matter of fact. Try and pair the characters based on personality clashes.

An idea. Saki or Mach Rider are from the future, right? Why not pair one of them with a character from the past? None the less, a character that doesn't understand the more modern style of living.
Back to top Go down
Nights Owl
Level 4 CPU
Nights Owl

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 10:23 pm

Smash King wrote:
I have to be quite honest. The crossovers that are listed are one-dimensional and uninspiring.

The only exception being Scorpion X Phoenix Wright. I like the idea of the murderer mixed with the law. Very creative and can really create some interesting moments if we were to throw in cutscenes.

We should get creative with these pairings. Rayman X Ezio pairing for example doesn't sound interesting. Its pretty predictable matter of fact. Try and pair the characters based on personality clashes.

An idea. Saki or Mach Rider are from the future, right? Why not pair one of them with a character from the past? None the less, a character that doesn't understand the more modern style of living.

Like Lucas/Ness + Mach Rider?

Or Link + Mach Rider?
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 6:54 am

Smash King wrote:

FExMGS was a good example that someone brought up earlier, it fits that future vs past thing pretty well and I liked that idea.
Back to top Go down
Keven
Level 5 CPU
Keven

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 7:53 am

Boss Idea for Mario Universe and a perfect boss for Toad since he is a toad also : The Master from Paper Mario

I think is really strong he is a Master Martial Artist he is the Superboss of Paper Mario after all .

Wiki Link : http://www.mariowiki.com/The_Master
Video of The Master : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AogXNvuuGS4
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 8:03 am

That would be pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:40 am

Let's stay on topic, bosses will come later.

So now we have 3 different ideas of how to pair worlds. Let's take a vote on these, just simply post your vote and I will tally them.

Choices:
- Real-world references (currently used in the OP)
- Game similarities (Golden Sun X Final Fantasy, Metroid X Star Fox)
- Personality clash (Mortal Kombat X Ace Attorney, Fire Emblem X Metal Gear)
Back to top Go down
Jak

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:48 am

you rely on schemes too much
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:59 am

My problem is that I like all of those equally.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 10:07 am

Then what would you propose Jak?
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 10:22 am

Real-world references, I like it how it is
Back to top Go down
M. Bison
Level 5 CPU
M. Bison

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 10:53 am

I vote Personality clash
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 12:00 pm

Personality Clash
Back to top Go down
danick
Level 4 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 12:23 pm

you guys forgot to put mother in the crossover worlds
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 12:28 pm

Mother X Kirby is on the list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next