HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 10:03 am

please put that in the OP, PH4. That none of this is the sure-fire story mode
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 10:18 am

I clearly stated in the OP that the point of this thread was to come up with a mode that coders, spriters and users could all agree on. If there are problems with ideas presented so far, development should be pointing them out rather than another vague "this isn't confirmed yet". We can cut this down to scale.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 10:26 am

Perfecthell4 wrote:
I clearly stated in the OP that the point of this thread was to come up with a mode that coders, spriters and users could all agree on.

The way to make everyone unhappy is to try and please everyone

Least that's what I've experienced
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 10:32 am

The final product of story mode will be secret.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 10:32 am

Not everyone has to be happy with it, but at least content. Pleasing the normal users wouldn't be possible, we end up with too grand of a mode to ever get done by development. Coders (and spriters when we get to enemies, bosses and levels) should be putting limitations on the things we discuss here. 22 Worlds too many? We start making triple and quadruple crossovers. Shop system not possible? Scrap it. Not going to be able to implement some of the multiplayer features in the OP? Scrap those too and update the OP. That's the whole point of this thread, so that this mode CAN be official because it is quite clear that just about every member of the community wants it to happen.

Ninja'd by Giga
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 10:40 am

So yes, everything discussed in this thread is all just people talking about adventure mode. The final product will be decided upon by the devfolk. If anyone thinks of any interesting new ideas though, peddle them here. :3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 11:03 am

Dry wrote:
sexual priest wrote:
Those crossover worlds are really predictable and boring

What's your own suggestion?
Sure, you can lump all the space games together and whatnot, but wouldn't it be much more creative to combine two largely unrelated franchises?

Castlevania x Contra is obvious. Both are long-running platformers made by Konami; yeah, cool. However, would they really work as well together compared to, say, Castlevania x Metroid? The term "metroidvania" originates somewhere, doesn't it?

Y'all focus too much on patterns.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 11:40 am

So you want unrelated pairing. That's the other idea we originally had, we just decided to go with similarity instead.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 11:42 am

unrelated pairings are for sure better than similar ones. Whats the fun in combined worlds if they already seem to fit together?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 11:55 am

Well the system we've had so far is related but not by the actual game content. Sure, SFXTekken are pretty similar, but how exactly are Metroid and Kid Icarus similar? I think the current system does a fine job of providing uniqueness.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 11:58 am

well, at least we don't HAVE to go with whatever pairings are here.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:15 pm

Perfecthell4 wrote:
Well the system we've had so far is related but not by the actual game content. Sure, SFXTekken are pretty similar, but how exactly are Metroid and Kid Icarus similar? I think the current system does a fine job of providing uniqueness.

You stated yourself in the OP how Metroid and Kid Icarus are similar
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:23 pm

No, I stated how they used a similar engine on the NES. I did not however say that the worlds themselves are similar. Metroid is very sci-fi, Kid Icarus is far from it.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:27 pm

Perfecthell4 wrote:
No, I stated how they used a similar engine on the NES. I did not however say that the worlds themselves are similar. Metroid is very sci-fi, Kid Icarus is far from it.

They are similar in some way though
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:52 pm

Ok, then I should have been more specific because I was asking how their game worlds are similar.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:07 pm

Komaytos = Metroids
There is your connection between the two.

Also seriously MKxAA. You know you want it.
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 3:22 pm

Here is an idea:
Pokemon X Dragon Ball: used to been known for as popular animes, even though they were both release on different medias (Video games for Pokemon and Manga for Dragon Ball)

EDIT: Also Mewtwo and Freiza almost look similar.
Back to top Go down
rjones1325
Level 5 CPU
rjones1325

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 3:44 pm

It sounds like events
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:07 pm

Well that's the best I could think of, besides what other franchises will work for Pokemon/Dragon Ball?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:15 pm

guys

best idea incoming

let's make a direct sequel to the subspace emissary, featuring even more generic enemies and unmemorable level designs

all in favor say aye
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:35 pm

Aye.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:58 pm

and the minister is a protagonist!!112!2!!
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 9:12 pm

Lol.

I'm adding MK X AA and Pokemon X Dragon Ball to the OP.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 10:20 pm

Mortal Kombat vs Phoenix Wright
we did it
Back to top Go down
xXtyking1224Xx
Level 5 CPU
xXtyking1224Xx

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 10:39 pm

Will probably look for more connections outside of what I got for this crossover, but how about Legend of Zelda x Yoshi? The protagonists of both do pair up in Subspace Emmisary, and there is are quite a few Yoshi cameos in the LoZ games, one being the Yoshi Doll quest item in Link's Awakening, and another is Yoshi being apart of a group of Mario character portaits that are in Ocarina of Time.
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 8:02 am

Metal Gear X Fire Emblem: because WAR!!!

Last edited by VultureDuck on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rjones1325
Level 5 CPU
rjones1325

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 8:04 am

These really do sound like Events
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 8:34 am

Well since Perfecthell4 included my Pokemon X Dragonball idea, I don't see the problem.

Last edited by VultureDuck on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 8:36 am

BTW Yoshi X Pac-Man because both love eating fruits and enemies
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:59 am

VultureDuck wrote:
Well since Perfecthell4 included my Pokemon X Dragonball idea, I don't see the problem.

VultureDuck wrote:
BTW Yoshi X Pac-Man because both love eating fruits and enemies

There's this thing called editing your posts. I recommend you try it insetad of double posting.

Also, F-Zero X Mach Rider. Both games involve high speed racing in a future ristic setting, not to mention that in Melee and Brawl, a remix of Mach Rider's theme appears on an F-Zero stage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic   Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Unofficial Story Mode Discussion Topic
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next