Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode) BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yeti
Level 6 CPU
Yeti

Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode) Empty
PostSubject: Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode)   Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode) EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:35 pm

Considering we were planning to make Adventure Mode like it was in Melee, I was thinking we have an Actual Story Mode, actually drawing events from the games and putting a twist on them.
It would work in a some what similar way to Brawl's Adventure Mode, But Alot Longer. with secret characters that you could unlock, by that i mean that arn't in the main storyline, like Wolf, Jigs, and TL were in Brawl.
I was thing, Who could be bosses, the obvious Villian that are already in game and stuff. But then like maybe Whispy Woods, Galactic Knight, Zekrom/Reshiram, Dialgia/Palkia, Captain Syrup, King Boo, Eggman, Kraid, Black Shadow, Giygas, Rouge. And thats just off the top of my head. As For Stages I was thinking, N's Castle, Magicant, Wild Canyon/Dry Lagoon, Luigi's Mansion, Bowser's Castle. Water Temple, Ganon's Castle, Mt. DeDeDe. and that is also from the top of my head. I was thinking we could create a new character as Final Boss, or Make Tabuu Return. What do you think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode)   Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode) EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:38 pm

No
Back to top Go down
M. Bison
Level 5 CPU
M. Bison

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode)   Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode) EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Eh i'd rather have a Melee-esque Adventure Mode.
Back to top Go down
Traweezie

Traweezie

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode)   Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode) EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:03 pm

Kuro Pit wrote:
Eh i'd rather have a Melee-esque Adventure Mode.

^ This. We could add on more to it as well and plus it's MUCH easier to make
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/traweezie?feature=mhee
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode)   Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode) EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 9:06 am

Giga, Me, and a few others have had our talk about the story mode, you know.
Leave it to us- we've got ideas.
Back to top Go down
http://machriderz.deviantart.com/
Traweezie

Traweezie

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode)   Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode) EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 9:08 am

Dr.MarioX wrote:
Giga, Me, and a few others have had our talk about the story mode, you know.
Leave it to us- we've got ideas.

If it's anything better then yeti's then it's fine by me
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode)   Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode) EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 9:09 am

What ideas do you have?
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode)   Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode) EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 10:26 am

It will more than likely be A LOT less story based and more about going to different areas from games that are represented in Crusade (e.g. Mario, Zelda, Mega Man, Ristar).

I really wanted it to flow like Super Mario Bros. 3- at least with how its map screen functioned. This would allow for alternate paths, item shops (Smash Coins would be collected during levels), Hammer Brother-like stops. It would be very interesting.
Back to top Go down
Traweezie

Traweezie

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode)   Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode) EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 11:03 am

Dr.MarioX wrote:
It will more than likely be A LOT less story based and more about going to different areas from games that are represented in Crusade (e.g. Mario, Zelda, Mega Man, Ristar).

I really wanted it to flow like Super Mario Bros. 3- at least with how its map screen functioned. This would allow for alternate paths, item shops (Smash Coins would be collected during levels), Hammer Brother-like stops. It would be very interesting.

That seems like a cool idea. Would smash coins be used outside of adventure mode as well to buy trophies/cards/Game's collectibles?
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode)   Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode) EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:05 pm

Hrmmm...maybe you'd buy them in the Adventure Mode? That or you could find them like the items you find in Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Here's how I would do it:

Overview
It should be very large mode with almost endless possibilities for paths to take and places to go. There would be about 10-20 zones/worlds with 4-6 acts/levels, 1-2 hammer bro-style events, and 1-2 shops. Levels would be traveled to on the world map and different paths can be taken.

Levels
Each level would be a little longer than Melee's Adventure Mode levels. The level's appearance would correspond with the world's theme (ex. the Mushroom Kingdom would have levels inspired by Mario games) as well as its enemies. Levels should not introduce to many new mechanics to the game, but rather expand on those that are currently in the game. Some levels would have puzzles or tricky areas that would require the help of other players, making for a fun multiplayer experience like New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Characters
Any character that has been unlocked in versus mode can be used in this mode. You can either play levels alone or with others. You will be allowed to have a total of 4 human or computer players at once (online or offline) to go through the levels. It will not be 6-player due to things such as boss battles, etc.

As stated in the Characters section, 4 friends can play the adventure mode online together. Like any versus mode match, this will require a host. Any progress will affect the host's save data. If the hosts quits, the adventure mode session is over. The other three playing with the host can join in or drop out at any time, similar to New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

When playing online, there is still competition when working together. Any collectibles or coins taken by a player are given to them on their save file, meaning that the host may have to revisit some levels and find collectibles themselves. Even though each player gets their own coins online, buying items in shops can still be a team effort. The four players can put their money together or leave the cost up to one person.

Items
Items that appear in versus mode are a must for any adventure mode. Rather than appearing out of random, they must be bought. For those of who who have played Star Wars Battlefront II's conquest mode, items will work similarly to bonuses.

You buy items in shops. The better the item, the higher they cost. When entering a level, you will be asked to choose an item from your inventory (you can decline choosing an item if you'd like). Now during the level, you can use any specified button to spawn your item. However, only four of the item are allowed on screen at once. Once an item is used in a level, it is removed from your inventory.

Collectibles
There is no doubt that Crusade will soon have collectibles. Medals will have nothing to do with adventure mode for they will have to do with accomplishing hard tasks in battle, etc.

Possible collectibles in adventure mode could be trophies or cards, but nobody's sure at the moment. Rather than buying collectibles, they must be found through-out the levels. This will be similar to finding furniture or CDs in Kirby's Epic Yarn. For more information about collectibles when playing online, go to the online section.

Boss Battles
Each world will have a big boss battle. This boss will not function like a normal playable character and will represent its world (ex. Mushroom Kingdom would have something like Petey Piranha). Some levels may include fights against other characters, but they will be noticeably different from the normal playable form. For example, they might be bigger, they may have different colors, or they may be stronger.

To those who have played Super Mario Bros. 3, you should be familiar with Hammer Brothers on the map screen. I would like for there to be similar battles against enemies or characters that happen in the same fashion.

Packaging and Downloading
Because of how immense this mode would be, it could nearly double the size of the current game. That's why it should probably be a separate optional download. It would work as an add-on (adding new content while also using old). The exe and all of the files exclusive to the adventure mode would be placed in the same folders as the main game. However, the story mode cannot run without the main game because it would use character files, data, etc.

Coding this would be an interesting task, but it wouldn't be hard to do- I don't think.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Level 7 CPU
Leo

Link

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode)   Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode) EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:17 pm

Wow, that idea is just perfect.
Back to top Go down
Traweezie

Traweezie

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode)   Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode) EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:25 pm

Dude this idea really good! I like how could be optional to have it or not which I think is the most important to people that hate big games. Finding collectibles is also a good idea I'll make it harder for people to get 100% complete with adventure. The main thing I'm worried about are the layouts of the levels. Since it'll be so many to play on.. We'll have to have maxium creativity to keep the designs interesting
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode)   Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode) EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:30 pm

Levels should not exactly mimic a game's graphics, but should suggest the game's style (e.g. Mario level in SSB Melee).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode)   Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode) EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:45 pm

Those ideas are simply GODLY. I strongly support this.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode)   Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode) EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:58 pm

Cool stuff Dmx. Kinda looking forward to it now.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode)   Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode) EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:38 pm

Hey hey hey I made that original concept you know :<
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode)   Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode) EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:52 pm

Yeah, you did.
I just tried to expand on it.
Back to top Go down
Tsunami
Level 1 CPU
Tsunami

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode)   Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode) EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:03 pm

I especially love the idea of a Co-Op Adventure mode. The whole idea is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Luffy
Level 5 CPU
Luffy

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode)   Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode) EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:18 pm

Tsunami wrote:
I especially love the idea of a Co-Op Adventure mode. The whole idea is amazing.
Back to top Go down
BrellowBran
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode)   Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode) EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:49 pm

The place is Lavendar town. Your two characters are ambushed and begin fighting against two rival characters. With a few good attacks, your characters are sent flying into the ghost tower and your fly threw the building. Your opponents enter the building as well and you start fighting.

After the fight, one of your rivals picks up a random pokeball and throws it at you and it misses. The pokeball does nothing but sit there. You go over to inspect it but nothing happens. You pick it up and throw it back and your opponent catches it. Then suddenly it lights up and explodes. Out of the explosion and dust clouds rises Weege. You and your rivals begin to fight the powerful and terrifying Weegee.
Back to top Go down
LightZX
Level 5 CPU
LightZX

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode)   Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode) EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:49 pm

... Brellow you are really late on this discussion. How late? Well the last post was on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:18 pm. That is 5 months before. You are not really contributing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode)   Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode) Empty

Back to top Go down

Story Mode(Similar to Brawl's Adventure Mode)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1