Story Mode Bosses and Premise BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Story Mode Bosses and Premise

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Do you like my idea?
Yes
Story Mode Bosses and Premise Bar_left79%Story Mode Bosses and Premise Bar_right
 79% [ 22 ]
No
Story Mode Bosses and Premise Bar_left0%Story Mode Bosses and Premise Bar_right
 0% [ 0 ]
It needs abit of work
Story Mode Bosses and Premise Bar_left21%Story Mode Bosses and Premise Bar_right
 21% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 28

AuthorMessage
Blitz [BANNED]
Level 7 CPU

Story Mode Bosses and Premise Empty
PostSubject: Story Mode Bosses and Premise   Story Mode Bosses and Premise EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:58 pm

A few days ago in chat, me, Giga, and a few others were discussing an idea that we thought was pretty cool. The idea was that the main villain of the Story Mode would cause a rip between all of the Smash Brothers characters universes, combining them into different pair universes.

In each universe there would be the whole are where you would battle through it, but at the end of each combined universe there would be a boss fight with you versus two characters. However one wouldn't always be damageable. What I mean is like the idea that I believe Giga thought of, a combination between the Mario universe and the F-Zero universe. The Gooper Blooper would be in the background of the boss stage, throwing F-Zero cars in a manner similar to Andross as an assist trophy, but not nearly as frequent. While this is happening, you would be fighting the F-Zero boss representative, who he never said who had in mind, but I suggested Black Shadow. He would have a full moveset, save for recovery animations, because it would be a Stamina Match, without any ledges. You would have to beat Black Shadow in order to beat the boss fight.

And that brings me on the topic of bosses. I thought of a concept for the bosses themselves. Each boss would have a Down Special that would in put energy in to there Final Smash bar. They would only perform it when one of the characters is at 50% of their stamina. It would also increase the difficulty of the boss, making it harder to beat them. The animation itself is long, and if interrupted the boost would not take place, so if you prevent them from performing it, you have to constantly attack them.

The secondary bosses would be a different story. They could either be another boss that you face alongside the primary boss that work as a team, or they could be an inconvenience during the fight. What I mean is that during the fight, they would be attacking you from a place where you couldn't hurt them, some form of background area, damaging you with either there own attacks or objects from the two universes they are in. Or, they could throw items that heal or give buffs to the Primary Boss, or throw items that damage or give debuffs at you.

How do you guys like the idea? Vote and comment with your thoughts!
EDIT: Jaklub was saying how much work it would take to make the Primary Bosses with all of the animations that normal playable characters have, so I am posting the boss checklist.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Blitz n' Barrage on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
M. Bison
Level 5 CPU
M. Bison

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode Bosses and Premise   Story Mode Bosses and Premise EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 2:11 pm

Seems like an interesting idea. Would this story mode have Platforming Levels like SSE?
Back to top Go down
Blitz [BANNED]
Level 7 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode Bosses and Premise   Story Mode Bosses and Premise EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 2:18 pm

Kuro Pit wrote:
Seems like an interesting idea. Would this story mode have Platforming Levels like SSE?
Yeah, that was what I was thinking. But at the end of the platforming level for that universe, there would be a small sprite cutscene and then you and your current team of characters dash in and the villains see you and the fight would start
Back to top Go down
M. Bison
Level 5 CPU
M. Bison

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode Bosses and Premise   Story Mode Bosses and Premise EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 2:43 pm

Blitz n' Barrage wrote:
Kuro Pit wrote:
Yeah, that was what I was thinking. But at the end of the platforming level for that universe, there would be a small sprite cutscene and then you and your current team of characters dash in and the villains see you and the fight would start
That actually sounds like a good idea. All of my yes.
Back to top Go down
Blitz [BANNED]
Level 7 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode Bosses and Premise   Story Mode Bosses and Premise EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 2:48 pm

Thank you
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode Bosses and Premise   Story Mode Bosses and Premise EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 6:03 pm

We actually haven't fully decided on how Adventure would work yet, actually.

Also Blitz, fighting 2 Bosses at the same time would be a bit much, IMO. I wanted it to just be one giant boss per World.

The combined worlds also need to be thought of later, they arent fully decided.
Back to top Go down
LightZX
Level 5 CPU
LightZX

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode Bosses and Premise   Story Mode Bosses and Premise EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:05 pm

If there are multiple universes, I think it should be set up like Kirby Superstar Milky Way Wishes where there is a world map and you can choose any universe. I think a good example of the double boss is Kamek and a non playable Bowser. Kamek will be throwing projectiles at you while Bowser tries to physically attack you. I think it should be that Bowser is killable while Kamek you can only stun. Though if its two universe combined, I can't think of a good combination.
Back to top Go down
buggy786
Level 1 CPU
buggy786

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode Bosses and Premise   Story Mode Bosses and Premise EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 2:58 pm

this a story of my character is good he has more persson
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode Bosses and Premise   Story Mode Bosses and Premise EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 3:01 pm

buggy786 wrote:
this a story of my character is good he has more persson

check out this forum

http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/
Back to top Go down
CyberFox
Level 2 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode Bosses and Premise   Story Mode Bosses and Premise EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 10:05 pm

I believe the story should be like Subspace Emissary but more the lines of inspired by the theory from Gnoggin

Where we have not only Tabuu but also two god of chaos in the plot: Master Core and Game Genie
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode Bosses and Premise   Story Mode Bosses and Premise EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 7:50 pm

This is a nice idea that I can imagine happening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Story Mode Bosses and Premise   Story Mode Bosses and Premise Empty

Back to top Go down

Story Mode Bosses and Premise
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1