View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
TheMayMaysJack
Level 4 CPU
TheMayMaysJack

:^)

Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 4:53 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
Oh wow, I never thought that Soul Calibur would be that convoluted canon-wise...

Well, canonically in SC4 Siegfried (the first Nightmare) canonically wields Soul Calibur (Zweihander), on the other hand Xianghua wielded the Krita-Yuga in the first SoulCalibur, which reveals itself as Soul Calibur.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 5:28 pm

yes hello welcome to the soul calibur thread
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 6:09 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
yes hello welcome to the soul calibur thread
Good point lol. Though I mean there's nothing stopping anyone from still posting their dream characters; it's encouraged.
Back to top Go down
SaturnsSeahorse
Level 1 CPU
SaturnsSeahorse

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 6:56 pm

Rosalina (Super Mario) - Because in the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros, it's just so much fun to spam Luma at others.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 1:35 am

Only if she will be nerfed.
Right now, she's one of the most broken Smash 4 characters.
Back to top Go down
Azure_Raven
Level 4 CPU

Mr. Game & Watch

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 9:21 am

If I may add my two cents:

Spoiler:
....That´s a lot of characters, isn´t it?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 8:20 am

Now, while playable NiGHTS does sound interesting, there are two problem:
*pacifist (although that didn't stopped Wii Fit Trainer and Villager to appear)
*moveset material (then again, I'm not a big NiGHTS expert either)

Also, if Siegfried gets in, then he can easily transform into Nightmare, thus having two Soul Calibur characters at once.

Also, you mention Shovel Knight and Shantae as indie representants, yet you forgot Quote from Cave Story, the father of all indie games.

Oh, and I already know how to declone Lucina: Make her more source-accurate! Kappa
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 9:00 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Now, while playable NiGHTS does sound interesting, there are two problem:
*pacifist (although that didn't stopped Wii Fit Trainer and Villager to appear)
*moveset material (then again, I'm not a big NiGHTS expert either)

Also, if Siegfried gets in, then he can easily transform into Nightmare, thus having two Soul Calibur characters at once.

Also, you mention Shovel Knight and Shantae as indie representants, yet you forgot Quote from Cave Story, the father of all indie games.

Oh, and I already know how to declone Lucina: Make her more source-accurate! Kappa
Siegfried is no longer able to become Nightmare, though. And we don't need two Soul Calibur characters.

And I don't think he ever even implied Quote is a bad choice?

Also, why did you bring those two points up with NiGHTS if you were gonna topple them down yourself?

NiGHT's main issue is how irrelevant she is anymore and she's another Sega rep.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 10:26 am

Sorry, but now I have to nitpick:
Lego Shaq wrote:
NiGHTS is actually genderless. I don't remember the exact source, but I think it was confirmed by Sega themselves.
Also, another non-Sonic Sega rep is exactly what we need, just so we can balance out the over-representation caused by Sonic, plus I wouldn't call her irrelevant, since she did appeared in a Sega game recently as a playable character in Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed (alongside a NiGHTS stage and Reala from NiGHTS).

Also, I didn't knew about the Siegfried part. Yup, need to catch up with the SC canon.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 10:30 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Sorry, but now I have to nitpick:
Lego Shaq wrote:
NiGHTS is actually genderless. I don't remember the exact source, but I think it was confirmed by Sega themselves.
Also, another non-Sonic Sega rep is exactly what we need, just so we can balance out the over-representation caused by Sonic, plus I wouldn't call her irrelevant, since she did appeared in a Sega game recently as a playable character in Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed (alongside a NiGHTS stage and Reala from NiGHTS).

Also, I didn't knew about the Siegfried part. Yup, need to catch up with the SC canon.
You're indeed correct, I forgot to use "they" instead. My apologies.
So? It's a crossover game. They even threw in that Viking guy. Doesn't mean she's relevant overall.

Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 12:49 pm

Viking guy? I think you meant Gillius Thunderhead from Golden Axe, a Sega beat'em'up with a relatively big impact and lots of installments and spin-offs.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 2:10 pm

I think the issue with NiGHTS is that the gamplay from it's game is composed entirely of flying. I don't know how we can put a limit on that - at least Captain Falcon and Fox can run and jump like normal, even though his game is entirely spent in a vehicle.. It just doesn't make sense for NiGHTS to be running and jumping, or ever in a non-flight state...

That's the main reason I made a topic for Beat over NiGHTS, though the best Sega rep would probably be Aiai...
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 3:50 pm

Roy wrote:
I think the issue with NiGHTS is that the gamplay from it's game is composed entirely of flying. I don't know how we can put a limit on that - at least Captain Falcon and Fox can run and jump like normal, even though his game is entirely spent in a vehicle.. It just doesn't make sense for NiGHTS to be running and jumping, or ever in a non-flight state...

That's the main reason I made a topic for Beat over NiGHTS, though the best Sega rep would probably be Aiai...
But Falcon can just jump and run. If it's neccessary to exclude a major gameplay mechanic for the better, then why not?

And who says NiGHTS can't walk? I've never played, but I don't believe it's ever been said.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:22 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
But Falcon can just jump and run. If it's neccessary to exclude a major gameplay mechanic for the better, then why not?

And who says NiGHTS can't walk? I've never played, but I don't believe it's ever been said.
I guess NiGHTS could walk, but it'd be really strange for it to not be able to fly constantly. If someone can make the moveset, I'd like to see it at least.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:39 pm

Roy wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

I guess NiGHTS could walk, but it'd be really strange for it to not be able to fly constantly. If someone can make the moveset, I'd like to see it at least.
It'd be strange for Duck Hunt Dog not to be standing and laughing. He's still in.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 12:03 am

Duck Hunt Dog/Duck Hunt/Duck Hunt Duo IS standing and laughing, though.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 1:19 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
Duck Hunt Dog/Duck Hunt/Duck Hunt Duo IS standing and laughing, though.
I meant that a lot of characters did nothing resembling a moveset in their original game.
Back to top Go down
TheMayMaysJack
Level 4 CPU
TheMayMaysJack

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 2:16 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
Cave Story, the father of all indie games.

Weeeellll technically Nintendo WAS an indie developer which DID pave the way for a ton of gaming companies today.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 12:56 am

The term "indie developer" didn't exist back then.
Pixel was the earliest example of someone being called an "indie developer", and Cave Story was the first instance of a game using the "indie game" moniker.
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 2:52 pm

Boggy B (Worms)
Scorpion
James Pond (James Pond)
Pitfall Harry
Bad Mr. Frosty(Clay Fighters)
Kunio Kun (Nekketsu)
Cheetahmen
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
TheMayMaysJack
Level 4 CPU
TheMayMaysJack

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 8:02 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
The term "indie developer" didn't exist back then.
Pixel was the earliest example of someone being called an "indie developer", and Cave Story was the first instance of a game using the "indie game" moniker.

Technically there was probably at least one person on the earth who used the indie developer term, but I should stop.

EDIT: Oh, one of my other dream characters (he definitely never will make it though) is Excalibur from Warframe.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 12:26 pm

Giana is all I ask for.

The fight between her and the red plumber is long overdue. Plus, She's iconic in her own way. There's a reason she's pretty much one of the most popular C64 games to this day.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 1:18 pm

Welcome to fight thread. Never talk about it.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 1:40 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:
Welcome to fight thread. Never talk about it.

Wait, what?
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 2:51 pm

So many arguments
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 2:57 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:
So many arguments
You mean one argument that has been over for quite a while?
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 3:21 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
DestinyIntwined wrote:
So many arguments
You mean one argument that has been over for quite a while?

Yeah I'm behind on the times...
Back to top Go down
TheMayMaysJack
Level 4 CPU
TheMayMaysJack

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 5:27 pm

Mario123311 wrote:
Giana is all I ask for.

The fight between her and the red plumber is long overdue. Plus, She's iconic in her own way. There's a reason she's pretty much one of the most popular C64 games to this day.

The reason is because it's a ripoff of mario bros. But I did laugh.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 5:42 pm

TheMayMaysJack wrote:
Mario123311 wrote:
Giana is all I ask for.

Come on, dude, we know how insulting someone's suggestion in a DREAM THREAD went last time. And I'd laugh less at Giana; I laughed a bit more at Armstrong.
Back to top Go down
TheMayMaysJack
Level 4 CPU
TheMayMaysJack

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 8:41 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
TheMayMaysJack wrote:
Mario123311 wrote:
Giana is all I ask for.

Come on, dude, we know how insulting someone's suggestion in a DREAM THREAD went last time. And I'd laugh less at Giana; I laughed a bit more at Armstrong.

By laugh, I meant that it was probably good for a joke. I liked the post. I should've formed that sentence better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Discuss YOUR dream characters - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Discuss YOUR dream characters
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next