HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Discuss YOUR dream characters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:50 pm

TheMayMaysJack wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
TheMayMaysJack wrote:
Mario123311 wrote:
Giana is all I ask for.


The fight between her and the red plumber is long overdue. Plus, She's iconic in her own way. There's a reason she's pretty much one of the most popular C64 games to this day.

The reason is because it's a ripoff of mario bros. But I did laugh.
Come on, dude, we know how insulting someone's suggestion in a DREAM THREAD went last time. And I'd laugh less at Giana; I laughed a bit more at Armstrong.

By laugh, I meant that it was probably good for a joke. I liked the post. I should've formed that sentence better.
I'm not sure what that means. I'm not looking to start another fight again lol, but doesn't that just mean you think Giana is a joke? Not sure I get it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMayMaysJack
Level 4 CPU


  Saki
  100
  :^)

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:57 am

Lego Shaq wrote:
TheMayMaysJack wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
TheMayMaysJack wrote:
Mario123311 wrote:
Giana is all I ask for.


The fight between her and the red plumber is long overdue. Plus, She's iconic in her own way. There's a reason she's pretty much one of the most popular C64 games to this day.

The reason is because it's a ripoff of mario bros. But I did laugh.
Come on, dude, we know how insulting someone's suggestion in a DREAM THREAD went last time. And I'd laugh less at Giana; I laughed a bit more at Armstrong.

By laugh, I meant that it was probably good for a joke. I liked the post. I should've formed that sentence better.
I'm not sure what that means. I'm not looking to start another fight again lol, but doesn't that just mean you think Giana is a joke? Not sure I get it

I mean I think she would be a good joke character or palette swap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:06 am

TheMayMaysJack wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
TheMayMaysJack wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
TheMayMaysJack wrote:
Mario123311 wrote:
Giana is all I ask for.


The fight between her and the red plumber is long overdue. Plus, She's iconic in her own way. There's a reason she's pretty much one of the most popular C64 games to this day.

The reason is because it's a ripoff of mario bros. But I did laugh.
Come on, dude, we know how insulting someone's suggestion in a DREAM THREAD went last time. And I'd laugh less at Giana; I laughed a bit more at Armstrong.

By laugh, I meant that it was probably good for a joke. I liked the post. I should've formed that sentence better.
I'm not sure what that means. I'm not looking to start another fight again lol, but doesn't that just mean you think Giana is a joke? Not sure I get it

I mean I think she would be a good joke character or palette swap.
Come on, seriously? That's uncalled for, and a bit hypocritical.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU


  157
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:42 am

It's worth noting she's not even much of a Mario Clone anymore.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uzVBt2KRsH8
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMayMaysJack
Level 4 CPU


  Saki
  100
  :^)

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:55 am

Oops, dupe post.


Last edited by TheMayMaysJack on Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMayMaysJack
Level 4 CPU


  Saki
  100
  :^)

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:55 am

Lego Shaq wrote:
TheMayMaysJack wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
TheMayMaysJack wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
TheMayMaysJack wrote:
Mario123311 wrote:
Giana is all I ask for.


The fight between her and the red plumber is long overdue. Plus, She's iconic in her own way. There's a reason she's pretty much one of the most popular C64 games to this day.

The reason is because it's a ripoff of mario bros. But I did laugh.
Come on, dude, we know how insulting someone's suggestion in a DREAM THREAD went last time. And I'd laugh less at Giana; I laughed a bit more at Armstrong.

By laugh, I meant that it was probably good for a joke. I liked the post. I should've formed that sentence better.
I'm not sure what that means. I'm not looking to start another fight again lol, but doesn't that just mean you think Giana is a joke? Not sure I get it

I mean I think she would be a good joke character or palette swap.
Come on, seriously? That's uncalled for, and a bit hypocritical.

I don't know, maybe it's just me but it seems like the OP was joking a bit. IMO it also doesn't seem right to have a rip off Mario C64 character as a non joke character. I mean, Nintendo urged the devs to take it off store shelves because of the obvious copyright infringement. Not saying that she can't be in game, just saying that if she wasn't a joke character it wouldn't make much sense, and IMO, wouldn't really show why most people know Giana.

Mario123311 wrote:
It's worth noting she's not even much of a Mario Clone anymore.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uzVBt2KRsH8

Is that even made by the same devs? I also didn't even know this game existed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU


  157
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:12 am

Yes, It is by the same people. ((Under a new founded company though after Spellbound went bust shortly after the DS remake.))

The games' on sale on the Wii U eshop too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMayMaysJack
Level 4 CPU


  Saki
  100
  :^)

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:21 am

Mario123311 wrote:
Yes, It is by the same people. ((Under a new founded company though after Spellbound went bust shortly after the DS remake.))

The games' on sale on the Wii U eshop too.

OK, I'll just say one more thing and this thread will stop being the argument thread.

As far as I know, Giana 1 2 and DS were a lot like Mario.

Twisted Dreams was basically a sonic clone with gimmicks.

Giana Sisters Dream Runners looks like a bad speedrunners ripoff.

I don't know, seems they make money by making good and then bad ripoffs of games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU


  157
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:06 am

Twisted Dreams is nothing like Sonic. It's like when people compare Pac-Man World to the Sonic games because of the Rev-Roll. Just one similar move doesn't make it a clone: especially when it's much slower paced.

Dream Runners, despite it's mixed reception was made as a side game of sorts, I'm wondering if Twisted Dreams 2 will be full on 3D platforming or not.

Either way, Hopefully you understand WHY I think she belongs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMayMaysJack
Level 4 CPU


  Saki
  100
  :^)

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:14 am

Oh well, let's get back to the dream character thread.

While this guy has no chance in hell at getting in, I'd be happy if Excalibur from Warframe made it in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DestinyIntwined
Level 6 CPU


  Little Mac
  827
  DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:14 am

I can understand Why but I can't understand How I understand your dream and all, and I have no care at all wether it was a clone or not, it's just you need an actual moveset not just the specials and final smashes, and don't rewrite the old one word for word, make it in your writing style and with yourr own moveset.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU


  157
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:58 am

I'm going to add more to it soon. Sorry if it was short, Usually anywhere I go though Smash Movesets tend to be just their specials so I just assumed I guess.

But I hope I can help make Giana sound like an interesting addition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:02 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:
I can understand Why but I can't understand How I understand your dream and all, and I have no care at all wether it was a clone or not, it's just you need an actual moveset not just the specials and final smashes, and don't rewrite the old one word for word, make it in your writing style and with yourr own moveset.
I'm glad you've taken my advice in mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU


  Gooey
  1309

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:32 pm

YES HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE F@&% YOUR DREAMS THREAD.

WHAT YOU THOUGHT THIS WAS A DREAM CHARACTERS THREAD?

NOPE YOU'RE WRONG, THIS IS A PLACE WHERE PEOPLE CAN JUDGE YOU ALL THEY WANT AND POST ABOUT HOW STUPID YOUR DREAMS ARE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU


  1244

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:01 am

Man, you sound like a dictator at this point.
Everyone is allowed to have his own opinion and voice his opinion, and there's absolutely nothing you can do against it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DestinyIntwined
Level 6 CPU


  Little Mac
  827
  DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:30 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Man, you sound like a dictator at this point.
Everyone is allowed to have his own opinion and voice his opinion, and there's absolutely nothing you can do against it!

This is a DREAM thread, as in some or most of these characters may not have a chance and the user knows this, but they would like to see him/her/them in Crusade. I repeat a DREAM thread, not a character suggestion DREAMS. How would you like it if your favorite character in a video game didn't have much of a chance to get in crusade, so you put them here, and every single next comment was listing the reasons why they couldn't be in crusade. It's just plain rude and mean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU


  1244

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:19 am

No. No, it isn't. It is voicing your opinion.
A concept that less and less people seem to understand at this point
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DestinyIntwined
Level 6 CPU


  Little Mac
  827
  DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:29 am

Even if you are voicing your opinion please do not shoot down DREAMS it is still mean. If you voice your opinions at least do it in a way that doesn't sound similar to.

Hey look your dream doesn't have a chance and here's why

1
2
3
4

It is kind of rude, and this is DREAMS not a suggestion board. Voice your opinions on why an idea is bad there, where it matters. Here at least try to strengthen their chances of getting in by supplying ideas about moves or what he/she/they could do. Please don't shoot down dreams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU


  1244

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:04 am

DestinyIntwined wrote:
Hey look your dream doesn't have a chance and here's why

1
2
3
4

It is kind of rude, and this is DREAMS not a suggestion board. Voice your opinions on why an idea is bad there, where it matters. Here at least try to strengthen their chances of getting in by supplying ideas about moves or what he/she/they could do. Please don't shoot down dreams.
That is not necesarily rude. It only becomes rude if names are being called or people get insulted through cursing or something like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DestinyIntwined
Level 6 CPU


  Little Mac
  827
  DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:09 am

Still, please try helping people get dreams off the ground into the suggestion board and then critique them and try to help. It isn't that helpful or nice to critique people's dreams when they haven't even made a proper moveset, or anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU


  Gooey
  1309

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:35 pm

How about we get back on track?

Marshal-Rhythm Heaven is a fun franchise that has a ton of potential for fighters, personally I picked Marshal just because he seemed to be the most reasonable.

Arle Nadja- Puyo Puyo is a game that reminds me of Smash Bros. in a sense. You usually play it with friends in a silly fun party mode, but there is also that competitive side that is hidden away on the side. I also believe that Puyo Puyo is something that everyone has seen at least once or twice, whether it be Kirby's Avalanche or Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

Elite Beat Agent- Have you played this game? No? Go pick it up for 5 dollars at your local game retailer and have fun! Also these guys could have a fun mechanic similar to the Ice Climbers, because there are always 3 of them.

Taizo Hori- Dig Dug is fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DestinyIntwined
Level 6 CPU


  Little Mac
  827
  DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:37 pm

Eid and The Diety - (The Tower of Heaven) It's a free game search it up and play it.
Sora - (Kingdom Hearts)
Super Mario Maker - (Super Mario Maker)
Prince - (Katamari Damacy)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarioMikuLover38
Level 1 CPU


  Geno
  1
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:40 pm

I've got some character requests

1. Mallow (Mario RPG): I mean, Geno is already in this game. Why can't Mallow?

2. Haruhi Suzumiya (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya): She would be an AWESOME character for Crusade! Her side smash could be the aluminum baseball bat (stronger than Ness's even!). With a unique sound effect.

3. Mikuru Asahina (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya): I would also like Mikuru to be in Crusade. Her neutral special: Mikuru Beam! MikuruBeam shoud be a shield breaker. And a rival of Geno Beam.

4. Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong): Diddy Kong should be in this. He's one of the most important characters in my opinion.

5. Hatsune Miku (VOCALOID): One of my favorites and her attacks should be charged based.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AmareTSM



  Mario
  113
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:30 pm

Vets (In order I want to see them)
1. Pit
2. DDD
3. Palutena
4. Rosalina
Not really "Dreams" because these characters aren't really super special, (Plus I would be really surprised if at least Pit weren't in the game) but I still want to see 'em in.

Newcomers (No particular order, except the first one)
1. Mario Kart (Sounds crazy, but read below for description)
2. King K. Rool - Donkey Kong Country
3. Banjo & Kazooie
4. Shovel Knight
5. Simon Belmont - Castlevania
6. Zero - Mega Man X
7. Daisy - Super Mario

Now, as for Mario Kart, he would be in the Kart, and use attacks, items, and other various tricks from his games. I actually think he could have a cool moveset. I've been thinking about making a complete moveset for him with a thread and all, but I wasn't really sure. If the reception is good, I might do it, because I would love to see him in, as the Mario Kart series is one of my favorite, if not my favorite video game series of all time.

Still might need to think of something better to call him. Kart Mario maybe?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:02 am

AmareTSM wrote:
Vets (In order I want to see them)
1. Pit
2. DDD
3. Palutena
4. Rosalina
Not really "Dreams" because these characters aren't really super special, (Plus I would be really surprised if at least Pit weren't in the game) but I still want to see 'em in.

Newcomers (No particular order, except the first one)
1. Mario Kart (Sounds crazy, but read below for description)
2. King K. Rool - Donkey Kong Country
3. Banjo & Kazooie
4. Shovel Knight
5. Simon Belmont - Castlevania
6. Zero - Mega Man X
7. Daisy - Super Mario

Now, as for Mario Kart, he would be in the Kart, and use attacks, items, and other various tricks from his games.  I actually think he could have a cool moveset. I've been thinking about making a complete moveset for him with a thread and all, but I wasn't really sure. If the reception is good, I might do it, because I would love to see him in, as the Mario Kart series is one of my favorite, if not my favorite video game series of all time.

Still might need to think of something better to call him. Kart Mario maybe?
That's awesome. Please make that thread (Kart Mario)

I'd love to see 4 Mario's co-exist in Crusade (Mario, Paper Mario, 8-Bit Mario, and Kart Mario).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU


  Pac-Man
  623

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:02 am

Lego Shaq wrote:
AmareTSM wrote:
Vets (In order I want to see them)
1. Pit
2. DDD
3. Palutena
4. Rosalina
Not really "Dreams" because these characters aren't really super special, (Plus I would be really surprised if at least Pit weren't in the game) but I still want to see 'em in.

Newcomers (No particular order, except the first one)
1. Mario Kart (Sounds crazy, but read below for description)
2. King K. Rool - Donkey Kong Country
3. Banjo & Kazooie
4. Shovel Knight
5. Simon Belmont - Castlevania
6. Zero - Mega Man X
7. Daisy - Super Mario

Now, as for Mario Kart, he would be in the Kart, and use attacks, items, and other various tricks from his games.  I actually think he could have a cool moveset. I've been thinking about making a complete moveset for him with a thread and all, but I wasn't really sure. If the reception is good, I might do it, because I would love to see him in, as the Mario Kart series is one of my favorite, if not my favorite video game series of all time.

Still might need to think of something better to call him. Kart Mario maybe?
That's awesome. Please make that thread (Kart Mario)

I'd love to see 4 Mario's co-exist in Crusade (Mario, Paper Mario, 8-Bit Mario, and Kart Mario).

I know this is a dreams thread and all but don't you think 4 Mario's would be a little extreme? Regardless, go ahead and make that thread, Amare. I'm curious to see what you can come up with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:57 am

TaXMaN wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
AmareTSM wrote:
Vets (In order I want to see them)
1. Pit
2. DDD
3. Palutena
4. Rosalina
Not really "Dreams" because these characters aren't really super special, (Plus I would be really surprised if at least Pit weren't in the game) but I still want to see 'em in.

Newcomers (No particular order, except the first one)
1. Mario Kart (Sounds crazy, but read below for description)
2. King K. Rool - Donkey Kong Country
3. Banjo & Kazooie
4. Shovel Knight
5. Simon Belmont - Castlevania
6. Zero - Mega Man X
7. Daisy - Super Mario

Now, as for Mario Kart, he would be in the Kart, and use attacks, items, and other various tricks from his games.  I actually think he could have a cool moveset. I've been thinking about making a complete moveset for him with a thread and all, but I wasn't really sure. If the reception is good, I might do it, because I would love to see him in, as the Mario Kart series is one of my favorite, if not my favorite video game series of all time.

Still might need to think of something better to call him. Kart Mario maybe?
That's awesome. Please make that thread (Kart Mario)

I'd love to see 4 Mario's co-exist in Crusade (Mario, Paper Mario, 8-Bit Mario, and Kart Mario).

I know this is a dreams thread and all but don't you think 4 Mario's would be a little extreme? Regardless, go ahead and make that thread, Amare. I'm curious to see what you can come up with.

If they can all be unique, I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU


  Pac-Man
  623

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:02 am

Lego Shaq wrote:
If they can all be unique, I don't think so.

Sure they can be unique but I think there's quite a few first AND third party reps that should have priority over a 4th Mario. 3 Mario's already does justice to Mr. Video Game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AmareTSM



  Mario
  113
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:22 am

Yeah, as much as I support all of these other Marios, I feel like three is the most we should have, even if they are all unique. I feel like Paper Mario takes the most priority, seeing as he A. has an actual series, B. Is completely separate from Mario, and C. Has the most people requesting him. As for the other two, if I had to pick one, I'd pick Kart Mario, probably a little biased though, but I think that the fact that he has something that instantly separates him from Mario and has things that cannot be applied to regular Mario is what makes the difference. Especially when you consider that current Mario can do everything that 8-Bit Mario actually does in his games: Run, Jump, Fire-Ball, Super-Jump-Punch. Not to say that 8-Bit Mario can't/shouldn't be in, but I feel like Kart Mario takes priority. I'll go more in depth once I make the thread though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:38 pm

AmareTSM wrote:
Yeah, as much as I support all of these other Marios, I feel like three is the most we should have, even if they are all unique. I feel like Paper Mario takes the most priority, seeing as he A. has an actual series, B. Is completely separate from Mario, and C. Has the most people requesting him. As for the other two, if I had to pick one, I'd pick Kart Mario, probably a little biased though, but I think that the fact that he has something that instantly separates him from Mario and has things that cannot be applied to regular Mario is what makes the difference. Especially when you consider that current Mario can do everything that 8-Bit Mario actually does in his games: Run, Jump, Fire-Ball, Super-Jump-Punch. Not to say that 8-Bit Mario can't/shouldn't be in, but I feel like Kart Mario takes priority. I'll go more in depth once I make the thread though.
:"(

I understand your opinion though. I'll likely support Kart Mario.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Discuss YOUR dream characters   Today at 11:57 am

Back to top Go down
 
Discuss YOUR dream characters
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Seraphiel's Hell Hole of Characters.
» Freud's Characters [NEW CHARRIE]
» Autumn's Characters
» Characters join squads
» Ascension of Ultima Characters

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  :: Character Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free forums hosting | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum