In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment. BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment. Empty
PostSubject: In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment.   In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment. EmptyFri Oct 27, 2017 3:46 pm

I'll keep this short. The central community needs one core place to congregate. a bunch of splintered Hamachi servers with a 5 person network limit is going to harm the community and overall popularity of Crusade since small Hamachi servers hinder wide interaction and cross play with people across the world. To combat this, I point to port-forwarding software Tunngle.

https://www.tunngle.net/en/

Tunngle has a dedicated public room for Crusade, able to hold a max of 255 players, all able to play at once. This can serve as a common meeting ground or watering hole so that the online community can stay strong and tightknit. Of course, Tunngle also allows for private parties to be made for when you want to play only with friends. (or you could default to Hamachi for that.) The software is completely free and safe with very unobtrusive ads. I recommend we all give it a test run or two. I've done my own research and almost every comparison thread I could find rated Tunngle higher over Hamachi in performance and ease of use. Just something to think about.

In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment. Tunngl11

Last edited by Xalciss on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment. Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment.   In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment. EmptyFri Oct 27, 2017 3:56 pm

Sorry, after some thought I realized this may be the wrong thread to post this in. I'll repost in the online lobby at admin's request.
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment.   In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment. EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 1:33 pm

Moved.

Anyway, there's always the Discord community, which is where most crusaders seem to congregate.

I'll look into this software. If it's truly really good, I may see about making a subforum for it.

Last edited by Alexander on Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Captain Berzerk
Level 4 CPU
Captain Berzerk

Krystal
  20GX_Berzerk

PostSubject: Re: In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment.   In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment. EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 1:55 pm

hes in the ssbc discord already i think , lol
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

PostSubject: Re: In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment.   In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment. EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 11:03 pm

Alexander wrote:
Moved.

Anyway, there's always the Discord community, which is where most crusaders seem to congregate.

I'll look into this software.  If it's truly really good, I may see about making a subforum for it.

I'm available for testing if you ever feel like getting around to it.

And yeah I'm in the crusade discord, but I noticed that when people want to get matches going they typically have to ask around and wait for someone to open a hamachi server since some people cannot host for themselves. Or the other option is to rely on direct portforwarding which is even more spotty since that often requires editing router settings which some people aren't able to do. I also notice that hamachi can only support up to 5 people at a time when Crusade allows for 6 players, another set back.

I feel like a public room with a 255 player limit would be accessible for everyone. The Crusade scene is still very small so 255 is more than enough (if it ever grows too big someone can make a secondary public server that also has a limit of 255.)
Back to top Go down
Lamp
Level 1 CPU
Lamp

TehLamp

PostSubject: Re: In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment.   In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment. EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 11:23 pm

This is a great idea and would definitely help to get a more 'instant matchmaking' esque online mode so we are able to get more consistent practice. I am fully behind this project, just need everyone to get one board as well.
Back to top Go down
http://twitch.tv/tehlamp
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

PostSubject: Re: In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment.   In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment. EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 12:42 pm

Lamp wrote:
This is a great idea and would definitely help to get a more 'instant matchmaking' esque online mode so we are able to get more consistent practice. I am fully behind this project, just need everyone to get one board as well.

Yeah that's the idea but this community is stubborn and doesn't seem keen on transitioning for whatever reason lol

I also got the official Tunngle discord to add a voice channel dedicated to Crusade as well. He even have me full rights to it. I didn't request a text channel since tunngle has chatting built in and the Crusade discord is also more than enough.
https://discord.gg/cvWD2wb please join me Smile

Please encourage others to try Tunngle over Hamachi if you can.
Back to top Go down
Lamp
Level 1 CPU
Lamp

TehLamp

PostSubject: Re: In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment.   In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment. EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 8:06 am

Xalciss wrote:
Lamp wrote:

Yeah that's the idea but this community is stubborn and doesn't seem keen on transitioning for whatever reason lol

I also got the official Tunngle discord to add a voice channel dedicated to Crusade as well. He even have me full rights to it. I didn't request a text channel since tunngle has chatting built in and the Crusade discord is also more than enough.
https://discord.gg/cvWD2wb please join me Smile

Please encourage others to try Tunngle over Hamachi if you can.

Just joined the discord, hit me up on there and we can play using Tunngle! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://twitch.tv/tehlamp
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

PostSubject: Re: In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment.   In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment. EmptySun Nov 05, 2017 5:46 am

For those who do not like Hamachi or those who find that the program does not play nicely with their PC, I recommend Tunngle.

Evolve? Never heard of it lol

I'll be posting a tutorial soon. I test ran Tunngle with a few mates and it seems that they didn't quite know what to do at first. I'll make a tutorial for everyone to clear the confusion or misconceptions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment.   In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment. Empty

Back to top Go down

In Preparation for 9.1....let's discuss the online community for a moment.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1