View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 9:05 pm

kirbydaistar64 wrote:
I have noticed that in smash crusade they do not take into account importance, popularity, nor the number of games in which a character leaves, but now that daisy is going to mario run, he has become a character, more important than waluigi already in the game) so Daisy should APPEAR in crusade

Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 Super-10

Except the reasons you listed are exactly why Tingle (Number of appearances), Ashley (Popularity), Ridley (Importance).
Also with your logic, Toadette should be in Crusade too.

(I'm still supporting Daisy, it's just that the reason you listed doesn't make much sense. Waluigi already is less important than Daisy, it's just that I don't think anyone has figured out an actually good moveset for Daisy yet. It either ends up being a Peach clone or something that just feels out of place from the Mario universe.)
Back to top Go down
kirbydaistar64
Level 3 CPU
kirbydaistar64

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 4:19 pm

Alexander wrote:
Is it bad that I want Daisy literally only because I like her voice? >.>

not bad, you just like a "physical" aspect that is not a bad reason to love someone, it is fine as long as you want
Back to top Go down
https://alexmauricio407.deviantart.com/
kirbydaistar64
Level 3 CPU
kirbydaistar64

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 4:59 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
kirbydaistar64 wrote:
I have noticed that in smash crusade they do not take into account importance, popularity, nor the number of games in which a character leaves, but now that daisy is going to mario run, he has become a character, more important than waluigi already in the game) so Daisy should APPEAR in crusade

Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 Super-10

Except the reasons you listed are exactly why Tingle (Number of appearances), Ashley (Popularity), Ridley (Importance).
Also with your logic, Toadette should be in Crusade too.

(I'm still supporting Daisy, it's just that the reason you listed doesn't make much sense. Waluigi already is less important than Daisy, it's just that I don't think anyone has figured out an actually good moveset for Daisy yet. It either ends up being a Peach clone or something that just feels out of place from the Mario universe.)

well, I may seem silly but I could give you a move set that a little more according to the games of mario, but I think I am nobody to make you change your opinion, but I would tell you, if you want to hear it

(anyway thanks, people like you who gives us good reasons and a clear point of view, help us to make our posts better, again thanks)
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 7:12 pm

From what I from Daisy, the only way I could see Daisy work is some sort of semi-clone of Peach. Now I don't mean that every move would be the same, I only mean like 2 or three (side smash comes to mind). Every other move could be a bit more something like... well...

So some people see Wario's moveset as a "Mario try-hard," so maybe Daisy could be like a "tougher Peach" or something to that nature. So maybe when Peach is doing her up special with one arm in the air, maybe Daisy has both! (Or something). Peach's forward aerial smacks down, maybe Daisy's can smack up? Of course it should have a bit more thought put into it, but maybe it's a better direction for the character to go.

(Also the specials would have to do with flowers and stuff. If Waluigi is mostly based on his special moves, then Daisy should too.)
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 9:10 pm

Well, if Daisy joins to SSBC, which clothings should she wear here?
A) Her typical dress
B) Her sports clothings
C) Her clothings from Super Mario Strikers (the original one)

Frankly, I vote for the C. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 10:28 pm

MarioStrikerMurphy1994 wrote:
A) Her typical dress
B) Her sports clothings

It would have to be her dress. That's her typical attire in Mario Kart and Mario Party. Although her sports outfit isn't too far-fetched, it's still not as iconic as her dress. The Striker Suit is just dumb though. It'd be like having Rosalina but in her biker suit instead.
Back to top Go down
crazybark
Level 4 CPU
crazybark

Klonoa
  crazybark

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 6:54 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
It'd be like having Rosalina but in her biker suit instead.
... that sounds awesome.
Back to top Go down
kirbydaistar64
Level 3 CPU
kirbydaistar64

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 2:50 pm

I have some reasons for both costumes

1) dress: this is the most common attire daisy, is used in the mario party, and most of mario karts (in fact in all, only that in the motorcycle uses another suit) in the first mario land, daisy was wearing her dress , and in its last appearance canon, also it takes, this makes that daisy is mainly reconosida by its dress.

2) sports clothes: this is the clothes daisy uses, for sports, in almost all sports games he wears shorts with a sleeveless shirt, and tennis, all with orange, white and yellow colors, his other variant is in which she wears a dress (I do not count the first versions because they are no longer going to be used, and should not be used again) is an enteriso dress, sleeveless with a dress similar to the gala dress, with tennis.

I think that the Gala dress is more recognized, and also is the one that uses Daisy more times, but its problem is, the similarity with peach, something that does not have the sports suit this would have preference, because this way it would no longer look like a clone of Peach, and the super strikes, do not count it because it's not that important.

in conclusion, I prefer the sports outfit, because this alludaria to differentiate more from Peach

Sorry for the long, I did not want to take this little dispute to extremes.

Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 Prince10
Back to top Go down
Captain Berzerk
Level 4 CPU
Captain Berzerk

Krystal
  20GX_Berzerk

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 11:17 pm

it would most likely be Dress Daisy, because well "Princess Daisy" Kinda like "Princess Peach"
they be having the whole Princess act going on. (its in the name tbh, lol)
Back to top Go down
UcheD914
Level 3 CPU

Nin_Fan914

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 3:41 pm

That depends on the Super Smash Bros. Crusade development team. If they deem her worthy to smash, she'll be in. If not, then all of this praise and discussion will be for naught.
Back to top Go down
kirbydaistar64
Level 3 CPU
kirbydaistar64

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 5:43 pm

UcheD914 wrote:
That depends on the Super Smash Bros. Crusade development team. If they deem her worthy to smash, she'll be in. If not, then all of this praise and discussion will be for naught.

but if we do not, they will not look at Daisy, and it is crucial to discuss the things that we would like in the character
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 11, 2017 4:44 pm

I prefer the sport clothes because that emphasizes the tomboyish nature of Daisy, and differentiates her from Peach, which is one of the main criticisms towards her
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 3:25 pm

By the nature of her character, she'll either be a clone or heavily influenced by party games.
I would prefer a modified clone tbh.
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 14, 2017 4:47 pm

Braystar wrote:
I prefer the sport clothes because that emphasizes the tomboyish nature of Daisy, and differentiates her from Peach, which is one of the main criticisms towards her

I dont consider that a valid criticism. Just Look at Mario and Luigi. Daisy appears most of the time with her dress, she would most likely appear with her dress as a result.
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Athorment wrote:
Braystar wrote:

I dont consider that a valid criticism. Just Look at Mario and Luigi. Daisy appears most of the time with her dress, she would most likely appear with her dress as a result.

Well, In brawl they changed Wario to his Warioware biker outfit so he;s not completely off mark.
Back to top Go down
kirbydaistar64
Level 3 CPU
kirbydaistar64

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 6:40 pm

Athorment wrote:
Braystar wrote:

is a valid criterion, because daisy is criticized a lot because her dress resembles that of peach, and they strike the clone without being it, then it is better to differentiate it

the opposite to luigi, who people like even if he looks like Mario, even wario was given a different suit to avoid the resemblance to Mario.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 7:28 pm

daisy could have a ground pound because ground pound is common in Mario Party
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 10:34 pm

Xalciss wrote:
Well, In brawl they changed Wario to his Warioware biker outfit so he;s not completely off mark.

Wario has his normal Wario Land outfit. The reason he is wario ware is not because Mario exists, but because wario ware has since become the defacto mode of wario at the time.

"Wario land? What game is that? Here's wario from wario ware, inc." -Sakurai, as he removes the super iconic shoulder bash Side Smash from Wario's Wii U moveset

kirbydaistar64 wrote:

is a valid criterion, because daisy is criticized a lot because her dress resembles that of peach, and they strike the clone without being it, then it is better to differentiate it

the opposite to luigi, who people like even if he looks like Mario, even wario was given a different suit to avoid the resemblance to Mario.

So that's why Rosalina made it in to sm4sh with her dress? The only people criticizing Daisy's dress are nitpickers that simply dont want Daisy because of her likelyhood as a clone/Semi-clone. Simple as that
Back to top Go down
kirbydaistar64
Level 3 CPU
kirbydaistar64

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 8:38 am

Athorment wrote:
Xalciss wrote:

Wario has his normal Wario Land outfit. The reason he is wario ware is not because Mario exists, but because wario ware has since become the defacto mode of wario at the time.

"Wario land? What game is that? Here's wario from wario ware, inc." -Sakurai, as he removes the super iconic shoulder bash Side Smash from Wario's Wii U moveset

kirbydaistar64 wrote:

So that's why Rosalina made it in to sm4sh with her dress? The only people criticizing Daisy's dress are nitpickers that simply dont want Daisy because of her likelyhood as a clone/Semi-clone. Simple as that

it's best to avoid such things, it's best to avoid Daisy looking like a clone, so you do not ignore her for thinking she's a clone

but you can also change the dress, because rosalina, has a very different appearance to peach, has a different hair color, a different dress, earrings and crown are different, even their personality is very different, instead although with differences, the dress of Daisy is similar

it is better to avoid being seen as a clone

Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 Prince10
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 11:08 am

If she were to be in, I'd prefer the sports outfit.
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 10:07 pm

kirbydaistar64 wrote:

it's best to avoid such things, it's best to avoid Daisy looking like a clone, so you do not ignore her for thinking she's a clone

That's your problem as a player, not the developer's

kirbydaistar64 wrote:

but you can also change the dress, because rosalina, has a very different appearance to peach, has a different hair color, a different dress, earrings and crown are different, even their personality is very different, instead although with differences, the dress of Daisy is similar

Daisy's dress is as similar as Rosalina's dress is to peach's. Not only does Daisy has a very different appearance, she has a different hair color,earrings and crown are different, not to mention her personality is the most different of the princess trio. The only "similar" things is the shoulder and waist deals their dresses have. And that they are similar heights but....

kirbydaistar64 wrote:
it is better to avoid being seen as a clone
That's a personal arbitrary reason. All the reasons behind why she would be a clone/semi-clone isnt because of her looks, but because her actual normal attacks would most likely be clone/Semi-clone-ish.
What will a change of outfit do? She can still Pull out a golf club for Side Smash. Being on her sports outfit doesnt magically mean that that move is not a cloned move from peach.
Will she pull a snifit like in Mario Party 3? Being on her sports outfit doesnt mean its more original as a result either.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 10:39 pm

maybe she could use a superball in one of her attacks as a reference to her first appearance in super mario land
Back to top Go down
UcheD914
Level 3 CPU

Nin_Fan914

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 5:20 pm

That is a good idea. As for the outfit, her dress is more signature than any sports outfit she wears.
Back to top Go down
kirbydaistar64
Level 3 CPU
kirbydaistar64

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 26, 2017 7:19 pm

my final daisy moveset

especial:

attacks and aerial:

grabs ands smashs:
Back to top Go down
MonadoBoy16
Level 4 CPU
MonadoBoy16

Crash Bandicoot
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 2:39 pm

She's a Highly requested Character for the Smash Series
Back to top Go down
MonadoBoy16
Level 4 CPU
MonadoBoy16

Crash Bandicoot
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 2:40 pm

MarioStrikerMurphy1994 wrote:
A) Her typical dress
B) Her sports clothings

I pick A
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 1:28 pm

G fucking G this dude wins put her in the game boys
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2018 12:13 am

Daisy is in Smash before Waluigi
What a time to be alive
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2018 7:06 am

Braystar wrote:
What a time to be alive

and what do you know, she has her dress instead of a sports outfit
Back to top Go down
Koletrain904
Level 3 CPU
Koletrain904

Kirby
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2018 10:09 am

Athorment wrote:
Braystar wrote:
What a time to be alive

and what do you know, she has her dress instead of a sports outfit

guess her dress was the go to outfit to choose, I was thinking about her being in the sports and/or racers out fit tho, but the dress it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next