Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Athorment

Athorment

  Ganondorf
  421
  Athorment

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 8:54 pm

Discuss whether or not you think Daisy should be added to Super Smash Bros. Crusade.

The Pre-reveal Discussion forum can be found: Here!




_________________
lego shaq wrote:
look without "BUT X CHARACTER NEEDS TO BE IN FIRST" goggles.

Athorment wrote:
Those "More deserving ones" will get votes regardless of circumstances, so i suggest supporting who you want in regardless of popularity

Crusade Wishlist::
 

Returning Veteran Wishlist::
 
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

  741

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 3:06 pm

I definitely want to see her. I was really shocked when she was announced but as my favorite Mario princess, I'd love to see her join the battle in Crusade.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

  337

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 6:31 pm

SUPPORT!!! You know I couldn't reject to her entry to SSBC!

However, please, give her a moveset different to the one from Peach.

Also, I want to see her in her clothings from Super Mario Strikers, please.
Back to top Go down
kirbydaistar64
Level 3 CPU
kirbydaistar64

  60
  N/A

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptySat Dec 08, 2018 11:31 pm

SUPPORT

the truth is that daisy should have been included in crusade for a long time, that is, THIS WALUIGI !! if this waluigi daisy deserves it much more, she has appeared in more games, besides that two of them are canonical, besides that she now appeared in smash, and against everything that daisy says if she has a big fandom, so that there should be no excuses, and if they do not put it in, I will realize that in reality crusade they do not put characters by reasoning, but they do it out of pure favoritism, that is, because waluigi and petey, even petey deserves it but waluigi does not He has echoed relevant beyond being popular, which daisy already has.
Back to top Go down
https://alexmauricio407.deviantart.com/
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

  Waluigi
  1231
  N/A

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 8:50 pm

Can you please repeat that, but this time, make your argument make sense?
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

  Gooey
  1750

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 12:05 am

Braystar wrote:
Can you please repeat that, but this time, make your argument make sense?

I think they're just saying that Daisy is more important than Waluigi, and has a larger fanbase than Waluigi. I think they either don't understand english very well, so they just used Google Translate.

I'd argue that Daisy is already in Ultimate, and putting her in Crusade isn't really needed. It's different from Zelda or Dedede because they are major stars in their franchise. Daisy hasn't really done anything for the series besides be another female character. At least Toad has appeared in almost every mainstream Mario game, and even been the main character or one of the main characters here and there. Daisy? She appeared in Super Mario Land inplace of Peach that one time. I feel like what's worse for Daisy is the lack of an idea of how her moveset would work. Some people just make her do things from various Mario Sports titles, and have her moveset involve kicking or something.

I don't hate Daisy, but I don't think she's very deserving in a spot for Crusade. If another Mario character gets added, have it be King Boo or Bowser Jr. or something a bit more creative than Daisy. (Sorry Daisy fans)
Back to top Go down
kirbydaistar64
Level 3 CPU
kirbydaistar64

  60
  N/A

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 5:02 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Braystar wrote:
Can you please repeat that, but this time, make your argument make sense?

I think they're just saying that Daisy is more important than Waluigi, and has a larger fanbase than Waluigi. I think they either don't understand english very well, so they just used Google Translate.

I'd argue that Daisy is already in Ultimate, and putting her in Crusade isn't really needed. It's different from Zelda or Dedede because they are major stars in their franchise. Daisy hasn't really done anything for the series besides be another female character. At least Toad has appeared in almost every mainstream Mario game, and even been the main character or one of the main characters here and there. Daisy? She appeared in Super Mario Land inplace of Peach that one time. I feel like what's worse for Daisy is the lack of an idea of how her moveset would work. Some people just make her do things from various Mario Sports titles, and have her moveset involve kicking or something.

I don't hate Daisy, but I don't think she's very deserving in a spot for Crusade. If another Mario character gets added, have it be King Boo or Bowser Jr. or something a bit more creative than Daisy. (Sorry Daisy fans)

You're right in what you say, daisy is not the characters with better ideas, and despite being moderately important is not very important in the saga, but my complaint is that they have given priority to Waluigi

if crusade has criteria for characters to enter the squad, they will not be very strict if they only let Waluigi enter by popularity, since he has an even smaller participation than the piranha plants

eo is what bothers me, because they are not daisy, rosalina, bowser jr or another of the important characters in the saga that enverdad contribute something, I do not understand that, perhaps being popular is the only requirement to enter, then because it is not bayonetta that It was presented as the most beloved of the public in the smash fighter ballot.

You're right about Daisy, but that does not explain why Waluigi is and not other more important characters
Back to top Go down
https://alexmauricio407.deviantart.com/
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

  Gooey
  1750

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptyTue Dec 18, 2018 9:48 pm

kirbydaistar64 wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Braystar wrote:
Can you please repeat that, but this time, make your argument make sense?

I think they're just saying that Daisy is more important than Waluigi, and has a larger fanbase than Waluigi. I think they either don't understand english very well, so they just used Google Translate.

I'd argue that Daisy is already in Ultimate, and putting her in Crusade isn't really needed. It's different from Zelda or Dedede because they are major stars in their franchise. Daisy hasn't really done anything for the series besides be another female character. At least Toad has appeared in almost every mainstream Mario game, and even been the main character or one of the main characters here and there. Daisy? She appeared in Super Mario Land inplace of Peach that one time. I feel like what's worse for Daisy is the lack of an idea of how her moveset would work. Some people just make her do things from various Mario Sports titles, and have her moveset involve kicking or something.

I don't hate Daisy, but I don't think she's very deserving in a spot for Crusade. If another Mario character gets added, have it be King Boo or Bowser Jr. or something a bit more creative than Daisy. (Sorry Daisy fans)

You're right in what you say, daisy is not the characters with better ideas, and despite being moderately important is not very important in the saga, but my complaint is that they have given priority to Waluigi

if crusade has criteria for characters to enter the squad, they will not be very strict if they only let Waluigi enter by popularity, since he has an even smaller participation than the piranha plants

eo is what bothers me, because they are not daisy, rosalina, bowser jr or another of the important characters in the saga that enverdad contribute something, I do not understand that, perhaps being popular is the only requirement to enter, then because it is not bayonetta that It was presented as the most beloved of the public in the smash fighter ballot.

You're right about Daisy, but that does not explain why Waluigi is and not other more important characters

I do think popularity is important to Crusade. I believe that real Smash Bros. is mostly a place for more logical additions (although Ultimate did pick a lot of popular choices like Ridley and K. Rool). I think Crusade should be a place for the more wanted characters in Smash like Geno or Shantae. They'd be strange choices for real Smash Bros. because Geno hasn't been in a game for around 20 years (unless you count Smash 4) and Shantae just isn't that well known of a gaming icon to fit in with the third party characters (Bayonetta is a strange case, because she isn't really a gaming icon either). So, in short, I feel like popular choices should be higher priority in Crusade over characters that make sense. I don't know if anyone is begging to see Rex & Pyra in Crusade anytime soon, but people would go crazy for Banjo & Kazooie.
Back to top Go down
kirbydaistar64
Level 3 CPU
kirbydaistar64

  60
  N/A

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
kirbydaistar64 wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Braystar wrote:
Can you please repeat that, but this time, make your argument make sense?

I think they're just saying that Daisy is more important than Waluigi, and has a larger fanbase than Waluigi. I think they either don't understand english very well, so they just used Google Translate.

I'd argue that Daisy is already in Ultimate, and putting her in Crusade isn't really needed. It's different from Zelda or Dedede because they are major stars in their franchise. Daisy hasn't really done anything for the series besides be another female character. At least Toad has appeared in almost every mainstream Mario game, and even been the main character or one of the main characters here and there. Daisy? She appeared in Super Mario Land inplace of Peach that one time. I feel like what's worse for Daisy is the lack of an idea of how her moveset would work. Some people just make her do things from various Mario Sports titles, and have her moveset involve kicking or something.

I don't hate Daisy, but I don't think she's very deserving in a spot for Crusade. If another Mario character gets added, have it be King Boo or Bowser Jr. or something a bit more creative than Daisy. (Sorry Daisy fans)

You're right in what you say, daisy is not the characters with better ideas, and despite being moderately important is not very important in the saga, but my complaint is that they have given priority to Waluigi

if crusade has criteria for characters to enter the squad, they will not be very strict if they only let Waluigi enter by popularity, since he has an even smaller participation than the piranha plants

eo is what bothers me, because they are not daisy, rosalina, bowser jr or another of the important characters in the saga that enverdad contribute something, I do not understand that, perhaps being popular is the only requirement to enter, then because it is not bayonetta that It was presented as the most beloved of the public in the smash fighter ballot.

You're right about Daisy, but that does not explain why Waluigi is and not other more important characters

I do think popularity is important to Crusade. I believe that real Smash Bros. is mostly a place for more logical additions (although Ultimate did pick a lot of popular choices like Ridley and K. Rool). I think Crusade should be a place for the more wanted characters in Smash like Geno or Shantae. They'd be strange choices for real Smash Bros. because Geno hasn't been in a game for around 20 years (unless you count Smash 4) and Shantae just isn't that well known of a gaming icon to fit in with the third party characters (Bayonetta is a strange case, because she isn't really a gaming icon either). So, in short, I feel like popular choices should be higher priority in Crusade over characters that make sense. I don't know if anyone is begging to see Rex & Pyra in Crusade anytime soon, but people would go crazy for Banjo & Kazooie.

but that's still the problem, because it seems that popularity is the only criterion of crusade, and not only that, but Waluigi is not an icon of video games and not only the, that is, and it is more, it does not seem that the Favoritism towards certain characters is a criterion with priority since Goey is not even the most popular characters or orders of Kirby and even so, and the same with Petey

and in the case that if it is a priority, what is the meaning of this first goey, petey, tingle or zaki when those characters are very little asked even in their fan base, (except in the saki that is still very little known ) I am not really clear about the criteria and I doubt that many people will be clear too

and is that still, because this waluigi before rosalina or bowser jr ?, because this goey before bandana dee, galacta or marx ?, because this tingle before skull kid or the champions because not this shovel knight? they just do not fit with any criterion of crusade?
Back to top Go down
https://alexmauricio407.deviantart.com/
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

  Waluigi
  1231
  N/A

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 5:47 pm

From what I recall, those characters had sprite sheets that the old Crusade team used
Also you can't talk about the champions from BOTW because they have been introduced recently, as such, not a fair comparison
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

  Gooey
  1750

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 9:00 pm

kirbydaistar64 wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:
kirbydaistar64 wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Braystar wrote:
Can you please repeat that, but this time, make your argument make sense?

I think they're just saying that Daisy is more important than Waluigi, and has a larger fanbase than Waluigi. I think they either don't understand english very well, so they just used Google Translate.

I'd argue that Daisy is already in Ultimate, and putting her in Crusade isn't really needed. It's different from Zelda or Dedede because they are major stars in their franchise. Daisy hasn't really done anything for the series besides be another female character. At least Toad has appeared in almost every mainstream Mario game, and even been the main character or one of the main characters here and there. Daisy? She appeared in Super Mario Land inplace of Peach that one time. I feel like what's worse for Daisy is the lack of an idea of how her moveset would work. Some people just make her do things from various Mario Sports titles, and have her moveset involve kicking or something.

I don't hate Daisy, but I don't think she's very deserving in a spot for Crusade. If another Mario character gets added, have it be King Boo or Bowser Jr. or something a bit more creative than Daisy. (Sorry Daisy fans)

You're right in what you say, daisy is not the characters with better ideas, and despite being moderately important is not very important in the saga, but my complaint is that they have given priority to Waluigi

if crusade has criteria for characters to enter the squad, they will not be very strict if they only let Waluigi enter by popularity, since he has an even smaller participation than the piranha plants

eo is what bothers me, because they are not daisy, rosalina, bowser jr or another of the important characters in the saga that enverdad contribute something, I do not understand that, perhaps being popular is the only requirement to enter, then because it is not bayonetta that It was presented as the most beloved of the public in the smash fighter ballot.

You're right about Daisy, but that does not explain why Waluigi is and not other more important characters

I do think popularity is important to Crusade. I believe that real Smash Bros. is mostly a place for more logical additions (although Ultimate did pick a lot of popular choices like Ridley and K. Rool). I think Crusade should be a place for the more wanted characters in Smash like Geno or Shantae. They'd be strange choices for real Smash Bros. because Geno hasn't been in a game for around 20 years (unless you count Smash 4) and Shantae just isn't that well known of a gaming icon to fit in with the third party characters (Bayonetta is a strange case, because she isn't really a gaming icon either). So, in short, I feel like popular choices should be higher priority in Crusade over characters that make sense. I don't know if anyone is begging to see Rex & Pyra in Crusade anytime soon, but people would go crazy for Banjo & Kazooie.

but that's still the problem, because it seems that popularity is the only criterion of crusade, and not only that, but Waluigi is not an icon of video games and not only the, that is, and it is more, it does not seem that the Favoritism towards certain characters is a criterion with priority since Goey is not even the most popular characters or orders of Kirby and even so, and the same with Petey

and in the case that if it is a priority, what is the meaning of this first goey, petey, tingle or zaki when those characters are very little asked even in their fan base, (except in the saki that is still very little known ) I am not really clear about the criteria and I doubt that many people will be clear too

and is that still, because this waluigi before rosalina or bowser jr ?, because this goey before bandana dee, galacta or marx ?, because this tingle before skull kid or the champions because not this shovel knight? they just do not fit with any criterion of crusade?

I believe Waluigi fits into Crusade because he's still not in Smash Bros., while Rosalina and Jr. are. I'd argue that the Crusade team should aim towards not having any more Mario characters already in Smash Bros., because they are already in Smash Bros. Plus nowadays, I'd argue that Waluigi is probably the most asked for fighter.
Gooey was picked because a spritesheet was readily available, and I think making sprites is one of the more time consuming processes. I'm 90% sure you can find Gooey's sprites on The Spriter's Resource.
Even though Tingle isn't a popular pick for Smash Bros., he's appeared in a lot of Zelda games (Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, Four Swords, cameo in BotW, and that's not Tingle's own spin-off games). I feel like the champions would be weird... So is it like all four of them at once? Because if it isn't, time should be put into other Zelda characters like maybe Midna or Ghirahim... Or better yet, Zelda herself.

I think it's important to point out that Crusade isn't finished. There's probably still a few more characters coming. (Also sorry, I didn't know what you were talking about with Shovel Knight)
Back to top Go down
kirbydaistar64
Level 3 CPU
kirbydaistar64

  60
  N/A

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 5:41 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
kirbydaistar64 wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:
kirbydaistar64 wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Braystar wrote:
Can you please repeat that, but this time, make your argument make sense?

I think they're just saying that Daisy is more important than Waluigi, and has a larger fanbase than Waluigi. I think they either don't understand english very well, so they just used Google Translate.

I'd argue that Daisy is already in Ultimate, and putting her in Crusade isn't really needed. It's different from Zelda or Dedede because they are major stars in their franchise. Daisy hasn't really done anything for the series besides be another female character. At least Toad has appeared in almost every mainstream Mario game, and even been the main character or one of the main characters here and there. Daisy? She appeared in Super Mario Land inplace of Peach that one time. I feel like what's worse for Daisy is the lack of an idea of how her moveset would work. Some people just make her do things from various Mario Sports titles, and have her moveset involve kicking or something.

I don't hate Daisy, but I don't think she's very deserving in a spot for Crusade. If another Mario character gets added, have it be King Boo or Bowser Jr. or something a bit more creative than Daisy. (Sorry Daisy fans)

You're right in what you say, daisy is not the characters with better ideas, and despite being moderately important is not very important in the saga, but my complaint is that they have given priority to Waluigi

if crusade has criteria for characters to enter the squad, they will not be very strict if they only let Waluigi enter by popularity, since he has an even smaller participation than the piranha plants

eo is what bothers me, because they are not daisy, rosalina, bowser jr or another of the important characters in the saga that enverdad contribute something, I do not understand that, perhaps being popular is the only requirement to enter, then because it is not bayonetta that It was presented as the most beloved of the public in the smash fighter ballot.

You're right about Daisy, but that does not explain why Waluigi is and not other more important characters

I do think popularity is important to Crusade. I believe that real Smash Bros. is mostly a place for more logical additions (although Ultimate did pick a lot of popular choices like Ridley and K. Rool). I think Crusade should be a place for the more wanted characters in Smash like Geno or Shantae. They'd be strange choices for real Smash Bros. because Geno hasn't been in a game for around 20 years (unless you count Smash 4) and Shantae just isn't that well known of a gaming icon to fit in with the third party characters (Bayonetta is a strange case, because she isn't really a gaming icon either). So, in short, I feel like popular choices should be higher priority in Crusade over characters that make sense. I don't know if anyone is begging to see Rex & Pyra in Crusade anytime soon, but people would go crazy for Banjo & Kazooie.

but that's still the problem, because it seems that popularity is the only criterion of crusade, and not only that, but Waluigi is not an icon of video games and not only the, that is, and it is more, it does not seem that the Favoritism towards certain characters is a criterion with priority since Goey is not even the most popular characters or orders of Kirby and even so, and the same with Petey

and in the case that if it is a priority, what is the meaning of this first goey, petey, tingle or zaki when those characters are very little asked even in their fan base, (except in the saki that is still very little known ) I am not really clear about the criteria and I doubt that many people will be clear too

and is that still, because this waluigi before rosalina or bowser jr ?, because this goey before bandana dee, galacta or marx ?, because this tingle before skull kid or the champions because not this shovel knight? they just do not fit with any criterion of crusade?

I believe Waluigi fits into Crusade because he's still not in Smash Bros., while Rosalina and Jr. are. I'd argue that the Crusade team should aim towards not having any more Mario characters already in Smash Bros., because they are already in Smash Bros. Plus nowadays, I'd argue that Waluigi is probably the most asked for fighter.
Gooey was picked because a spritesheet was readily available, and I think making sprites is one of the more time consuming processes. I'm 90% sure you can find Gooey's sprites on The Spriter's Resource.
Even though Tingle isn't a popular pick for Smash Bros., he's appeared in a lot of Zelda games (Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, Four Swords, cameo in BotW, and that's not Tingle's own spin-off games). I feel like the champions would be weird... So is it like all four of them at once? Because if it isn't, time should be put into other Zelda characters like maybe Midna or Ghirahim... Or better yet, Zelda herself.

I think it's important to point out that Crusade isn't finished. There's probably still a few more characters coming. (Also sorry, I didn't know what you were talking about with Shovel Knight)

Actually Waluigi currently stopped being as requested as it was before, because every time you notice the irrelevance of the character and that his only consolation is the fact of being a meme, and that to say that is the most requested characters for smash is also exaggerated, because the same smash ballot shows that neither in smash bros 4 was the most bounced, being supeerated by bayonetta which is a much newer and more relevant character, besides that waluigi is not one of the most important characters of the saga mario, well and could do a move set to pauline and show that if they are original

in the case of goey is even less justified, because at that time were also available the sprites of galacta knight in the page that you mentioned, a complete sprite sheet from which you can easily take a move set, besides galacta is one of the most requested kirby characters, and that's not all because they are already running sprites sheets of bandana waddle dee that can easily be ordered even in spite of this, bandana dee is not one of the most difficult kirby characters to sprite , and not only that because there are currently sprites sheets of many characters that can be used that have a great quality and also more important than other characters

for example, these current sprites:
Spoiler:
 

and then this is what you say about tingle, he does appear in all the games you mentioned, but he is still not a requested or relevant character in those games, which according to what you have told me does not make sense that this is not requested nor is it important, as you say it could have worked a more important zelda character, removing the fact that zelda can not miss for obvious reasons, the most consistent options would be as mentioned, midna, Ghirahim also vati, himpa that has been a character that has even appeared in more games than tingle, one of the popular sora, like the wise one of the water, sidon or mipha, all of them more relevant than tingle and that also the people if they ask

and as to what crusade is not finished, you're right, but still there are too many characters that have no sense of being and for example in the case of tingle if he is in the beta version, then in the full version one would expect many characters which are better than tingle, the same case for goey
Back to top Go down
https://alexmauricio407.deviantart.com/
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

  Waluigi
  1231
  N/A

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 7:35 pm

"Waluigi is irrelevant" then so is Daisy and definitely Pauline, if Waluigi your definition of 'irrelevant'

Reminder the current Crusade team is making their own sprites instead of using sprite sheets like the old team, who just threw a bunch of them in as they found them. The old team wasn't adding characters because they were popular, they were just 'there' to use. I don't think Bandanna Dee was as popular back then (or if he even existed) so this point isn't good, and I'm no spriter but I highly doubt because Bandanna Dee has a simple design he would be easy to draw sprites for

"Tingle is not popular" He has his own fucking games, enough said

Crusade does not need "relevant" characters as much so as more unique and interesting ones, or characters who really don't have a big enough chance to be in an official Smash game
Back to top Go down
kirbydaistar64
Level 3 CPU
kirbydaistar64

  60
  N/A

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 6:12 pm

Braystar wrote:
"Waluigi is irrelevant" then so is Daisy and definitely Pauline, if Waluigi your definition of 'irrelevant'

Reminder the current Crusade team is making their own sprites instead of using sprite sheets like the old team, who just threw a bunch of them in as they found them. The old team wasn't adding characters because they were popular, they were just 'there' to use. I don't think Bandanna Dee was as popular back then (or if he even existed) so this point isn't good, and I'm no spriter but I highly doubt because Bandanna Dee has a simple design he would be easy to draw sprites for

"Tingle is not popular" He has his own fucking games, enough said

Crusade does not need "relevant" characters as much so as more unique and interesting ones, or characters who really don't have a big enough chance to be in an official Smash game

in that you are right, daisy and pauline are quite irrelevant, but they are much more relevant than waluigi, they at this time have proved to be much more relevant because they appear in canonical games, and even contribute a little more to the game than waluigi

I was referring precisely to the old team because they chose an irrelevant character like goey instead of a galacta, which has more potential than goey and also more popularity, and as for the sprites, there are still several sprites that are rendered, I include toon link, jiggly puff, the same goey, the peach among others, but I really do not see that as something bad, in fact I like to use sprites made by fans

having games does not mean that the character is loved, it does not even mean that the character is relevant, and being that the case it seems to me that many characters do not have their own game and they are still in smash crusade, for example bowser, krystal, meta knight, ashley , among others, and even if they deserve to be in smash, having their own game does not make you relevant in fact tingle is so hated that one of his games was not released in America because he hates the character

and that being the case, then because many of the complaints made by the rabbit king himself is that the characters must be relevant, a message that has been made in several of the character forums, it is rare that the one that is very important in crusade speaks about which characters are not relevant to be in crusade, which means that one of the criteria is the relevance
Back to top Go down
https://alexmauricio407.deviantart.com/
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

  741

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 9:23 pm

kirbydaistar64 wrote:
then because many of the complaints made by the rabbit king himself is that the characters must be relevant

I vote we make the Rabbit King a playable character in Crusade
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

  Waluigi
  1231
  N/A

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 12:53 am

Daisy is a spin off only character just like Waluigi, yes she was in the shitty gameboy Mario game, she was added to Mario Tennis 64 to be Peach's partner, like how Waluigi is to Wario. If a single game from decades ago that no one, not even Nintendo cares about makes her more 'relevant' than Waluigi then you got some extreme bias. And Pauline was barely known until Odyssey, so having the audacity to say she's more relevant than Waluigi, a character who has appeared in way more games than her, is more relevant than him, you have to be tripping HARD to reach that.

So what if the old team used "an irrelevant character" as long as the character is unique? Maybe someone on the old team liked Gooey, who fucking knows. I also don't understand how Gooey has less potential when he has the copy ability like Kirby, which gives him more interesting normals than Galatica

Bowser is the main fucking villian of Mario, Krystal is a popular character from Star Fox, Meta Knight's been in almost every Kirby game and has been playable in the Kirby games, Ashley is arguably the most popular WarioWare character. I do not get your logic whatsoever, who gives a single shit about relevancy. And there are plenty of Tingle fans in America, what are you on about?

and that being the case, then because many of the complaints made by the rabbit king himself is that the characters must be relevant, a message that has been made in several of the character forums, it is rare that the one that is very important in crusade speaks about which characters are not relevant to be in crusade, which means that one of the criteria is the relevance
Yes, relevance is a factor in choosing characters. Note: FACTOR. There is more to a character than relevance, their moves and what they bring to the table are more important. If relevance was the only factor, then retro characters have no chance. Of course, random nobodies like this: https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t3561-captain-jose-ninja-baseball-bat-man-discussion shouldn't be in because literally no one knows who this character is

Please just fucking stop with this bullshit 'relevancy' argument because you're upset characters you don't like are in Crusade and your favourites aren't.
Back to top Go down
kirbydaistar64
Level 3 CPU
kirbydaistar64

  60
  N/A

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 5:50 pm

Braystar wrote:
Daisy is a spin off only character just like Waluigi, yes she was in the shitty gameboy Mario game, she was added to Mario Tennis 64 to be Peach's partner, like how Waluigi is to Wario. If a single game from decades ago that no one, not even Nintendo cares about makes her more 'relevant' than Waluigi then you got some extreme bias. And Pauline was barely known until Odyssey, so having the audacity to say she's more relevant than Waluigi, a character who has appeared in way more games than her, is more relevant than him, you have to be tripping HARD to reach that.

So what if the old team used "an irrelevant character" as long as the character is unique? Maybe someone on the old team liked Gooey, who fucking knows. I also don't understand how Gooey has less potential when he has the copy ability like Kirby, which gives him more interesting normals than Galatica

Bowser is the main fucking villian of Mario, Krystal is a popular character from Star Fox, Meta Knight's been in almost every Kirby game and has been playable in the Kirby games, Ashley is arguably the most popular WarioWare character. I do not get your logic whatsoever, who gives a single shit about relevancy. And there are plenty of Tingle fans in America, what are you on about?

and that being the case, then because many of the complaints made by the rabbit king himself is that the characters must be relevant, a message that has been made in several of the character forums, it is rare that the one that is very important in crusade speaks about which characters are not relevant to be in crusade, which means that one of the criteria is the relevance
Yes, relevance is a factor in choosing characters. Note: FACTOR. There is more to a character than relevance, their moves and what they bring to the table are more important. If relevance was the only factor, then retro characters have no chance.  Of course, random nobodies like this: https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t3561-captain-jose-ninja-baseball-bat-man-discussion shouldn't be in because literally no one knows who this character is

Please just fucking stop with this bullshit 'relevancy' argument because you're upset characters you don't like are in Crusade and your favourites aren't.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
https://alexmauricio407.deviantart.com/
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

  Waluigi
  1231
  N/A

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 7:22 pm

I can't even be bothered to respond to that, not only because I don't want to write an essay, not only is the logic and reasoning melting my mind trying to comprehend it, but mainly because I don't want this thread to be filled with this dumb argument any more.

Just please stop with your relevance argument, it's bad and makes very little sense.
Back to top Go down
kirbydaistar64
Level 3 CPU
kirbydaistar64

  60
  N/A

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 8:30 pm

Braystar wrote:
I can't even be bothered to respond to that, not only because I don't want to write an essay, not only is the logic and reasoning melting my mind trying to comprehend it, but mainly because I don't want this thread to be filled with this dumb argument any more.

Just please stop with your relevance argument, it's bad and makes very little sense.


then I'm sorry, and maybe I should stop trying to nonsense my arguments, if it's too long it's because I have to clarify all the points, and if you pretended to clarify something you have not gotten it, you have confused me even more, because you you just kept repeating the same arguments without them finishing clarifying me or explaining something

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
https://alexmauricio407.deviantart.com/
Athorment

Athorment

  Ganondorf
  421
  Athorment

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 2:30 pm

Braystar wrote:
I can't even be bothered to respond to that, not only because I don't want to write an essay, not only is the logic and reasoning melting my mind trying to comprehend it, but mainly because I don't want this thread to be filled with this dumb argument any more.

Just please stop with your relevance argument, it's bad and makes very little sense.

They do have a point tho. Just read the last spoiler and you'll see that Daisy is technically more relevant than Waluigi.
Stop shooting down people's opinions just because they are a little complex to read.

The points are right there and hold on their own, meanwhile you are basically saying "Yes, she was on an actual main Mario game, but i dont count that because of my own bias".

If you are not going to bother replying, then maybe you should actually not reply. Just an idea

_________________
lego shaq wrote:
look without "BUT X CHARACTER NEEDS TO BE IN FIRST" goggles.

Athorment wrote:
Those "More deserving ones" will get votes regardless of circumstances, so i suggest supporting who you want in regardless of popularity

Crusade Wishlist::
 

Returning Veteran Wishlist::
 
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

  Gooey
  1750

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 11:42 pm

The logic of being in a main game making them more "relevant" doesn't really work.

Yes, Daisy did appear in Super Mario Land, which is a main series Mario game. Yes, Waluigi has still yet to appear in a main series Mario game, the closest he gets is the Waluigi outfit in Super Mario Odyssey.

But, using this logic... Il Piantissimo is more relevant than Waluigi? When taking Mario characters into consideration, the Mario series must be looked at as a whole. You can't just go, oh Waluigi hasn't appeared in any main series Mario games, oh but Whittle? Whittle appeared in Super Mario Galaxy 2! A+! Waluigi has appeared in tons of Mario games, including Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, Mario Party, etc. It's a rare case nowadays to not see Waluigi in a spin-off Mario title, and when he isn't there, people notice.

I feel like it's worth pointing out that Waluigi also has appeared in every Smash Bros. title (except Smash 64), being an assist trophy in every game where assist trophies are available. I feel as if the only reason Daisy was added into Smash before Waluigi is because Daisy could be a simple reskin of Peach, while Waluigi would be trickier to do the same with.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

  Waluigi
  1231
  N/A

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptyWed Dec 26, 2018 5:10 pm

Athorment wrote:

They do have a point tho. Just read the last spoiler and you'll see that Daisy is technically more relevant than Waluigi.
Stop shooting down people's opinions just because they are a little complex to read.

The points are right there and hold on their own, meanwhile you are basically saying "Yes, she was on an actual main Mario game, but i dont count that because of my own bias".

If you are not going to bother replying, then maybe you should actually not reply. Just an idea

"Stop shooting down people's opinions just because they are a little complex to read."
While I was confused with their first post, I didn't understand that the person is foreign and that we had a language barrier. I've been able to understand what they were trying to say afterwards. I don't know why'd you brought this up after both parties agreed to let it go.
I just want the topic of this post to be about Daisy again, that's all.
Back to top Go down
kirbydaistar64
Level 3 CPU
kirbydaistar64

  60
  N/A

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptyWed Dec 26, 2018 7:09 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
The logic of being in a main game making them more "relevant" doesn't really work.

Yes, Daisy did appear in Super Mario Land, which is a main series Mario game. Yes, Waluigi has still yet to appear in a main series Mario game, the closest he gets is the Waluigi outfit in Super Mario Odyssey.

But, using this logic... Il Piantissimo is more relevant than Waluigi? When taking Mario characters into consideration, the Mario series must be looked at as a whole. You can't just go, oh Waluigi hasn't appeared in any main series Mario games, oh but Whittle? Whittle appeared in Super Mario Galaxy 2! A+! Waluigi has appeared in tons of Mario games, including Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, Mario Party, etc. It's a rare case nowadays to not see Waluigi in a spin-off Mario title, and when he isn't there, people notice.

I feel like it's worth pointing out that Waluigi also has appeared in every Smash Bros. title (except Smash 64), being an assist trophy in every game where assist trophies are available. I feel as if the only reason Daisy was added into Smash before Waluigi is because Daisy could be a simple reskin of Peach, while Waluigi would be trickier to do the same with.

but right there is where you're wrong, because daisy has appeared in many more mario games than waluigi, she has come out in all the games spin off since the mario tennis 64, she unlike waluigi has never missed, which waluigi if a echo, the case that I remember most recently is in mario kart 7, and not only that, daisy has also appeared in all the smash as a trophy, even as a color peach alt, and now she is playable, she was included because it would be a Peach clone but eventually it will be taken more into account and a more different move set will be made, because almost everything that waluigi can do, so daisy can do it, only that she will look more original

Also you said it yourself, because then they do not work on waluigi if it's so requested, because simply because he does not have the potential to smash at this moment, tell me one thing that waluigi can do that can not do any other character in fact if you think about it , there is nothing, that is the problem with waluigi, meanwhile tell me how many characters can control the flowers, and attack with it, or how many characters have the power of crystallization, only daisy because the enemies that are plants can not do it
Back to top Go down
https://alexmauricio407.deviantart.com/
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

  Gooey
  1750

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 4:38 pm

I feel like saying that Daisy has appeared in many more Mario games is a stretch, because it's like... 5? There's Super Mario Run, Super Mario Land, Mario Kart 7,...NES Open? There are also cases where Waluigi appears and no Daisy appears like DDR: Mario Mix and... Mario Tennis: Power Tour apparently.

You say that Daisy has special abilities having to do with flowers and crystals, but Waluigi's got powers too. He's been shown to have wind-based powers, vine-based powers, smoke-based powers, and he can swim through the air... for some reason. He also has a connection with Piranha Plants.

Please note that I am not against Daisy in Crusade if she's different from Peach, I just think saying that saying Daisy is more important than Waluigi just isn't a very meaningful statement, because let's be honest, clearly the most important Mario character is Toadette.
Back to top Go down
kirbydaistar64
Level 3 CPU
kirbydaistar64

  60
  N/A

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 6:22 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
I feel like saying that Daisy has appeared in many more Mario games is a stretch, because it's like... 5? There's Super Mario Run, Super Mario Land, Mario Kart 7,...NES Open? There are also cases where Waluigi appears and no Daisy appears like DDR: Mario Mix and... Mario Tennis: Power Tour apparently.

You say that Daisy has special abilities having to do with flowers and crystals, but Waluigi's got powers too. He's been shown to have wind-based powers, vine-based powers, smoke-based powers, and he can swim through the air... for some reason. He also has a connection with Piranha Plants.

Please note that I am not against Daisy in Crusade if she's different from Peach, I just think saying that saying Daisy is more important than Waluigi just isn't a very meaningful statement, because let's be honest, clearly the most important Mario character is Toadette.

darling, that's where you're wrong, daisy sure appears at least 10 times more than waluigi and if I'm even counting mario bros manga, which decided to put daisy and not waluigi, and not only that, the The fact that daisy appears in 2 canonical games already gives her appearances an extra plus, because it shows that she canonically exists and waluigi does not

the skill of tornado of waluigi can use mario, luigi and toad, because that effect also gives the champion elice, the power of smoke, is a simple smoke bomb that is usable by any common character, cup head, pokemons, ninjas , but nevertheless that I know no character of mario has this ability, the lianas, that apart only use once in the game, unlike the cristalisacion that is used twice by daisy in the same game, the plants obviously avargan, and we all know that the plants are the field of daisy, there is no character that relates more to the plants than daisy and with respect to the piranha plants, all in the saga mario can use piranhas plants, in mario kart, in mario party , among others, so the only thing that has original waluigi is its smoke pump

and in that you are right, nintendo has been giving much prominence to toadettequitando even one of the toads of new super mario to add to it, besides giving a power up that only works with her, but the fact is that in a contest waluigi vs daisy is more than clear that daisy is more important
Back to top Go down
https://alexmauricio407.deviantart.com/
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

  Gooey
  1750

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 7:04 pm

kirbydaistar64 wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:
I feel like saying that Daisy has appeared in many more Mario games is a stretch, because it's like... 5? There's Super Mario Run, Super Mario Land, Mario Kart 7,...NES Open? There are also cases where Waluigi appears and no Daisy appears like DDR: Mario Mix and... Mario Tennis: Power Tour apparently.

You say that Daisy has special abilities having to do with flowers and crystals, but Waluigi's got powers too. He's been shown to have wind-based powers, vine-based powers, smoke-based powers, and he can swim through the air... for some reason. He also has a connection with Piranha Plants.

Please note that I am not against Daisy in Crusade if she's different from Peach, I just think saying that saying Daisy is more important than Waluigi just isn't a very meaningful statement, because let's be honest, clearly the most important Mario character is Toadette.

darling, that's where you're wrong, daisy sure appears at least 10 times more than waluigi and if I'm even counting mario bros manga, which decided to put daisy and not waluigi, and not only that, the The fact that daisy appears in 2 canonical games already gives her appearances an extra plus, because it shows that she canonically exists and waluigi does not

the skill of tornado of waluigi can use mario, luigi and toad, because that effect also gives the champion elice, the power of smoke, is a simple smoke bomb that is usable by any common character, cup head, pokemons, ninjas , but nevertheless that I know no character of mario has this ability, the lianas, that apart only use once in the game, unlike the cristalisacion that is used twice by daisy in the same game, the plants obviously avargan, and we all know that the plants are the field of daisy, there is no character that relates more to the plants than daisy and with respect to the piranha plants, all in the saga mario can use piranhas plants, in mario kart, in mario party , among others, so the only thing that has original waluigi is its smoke pump

and in that you are right, nintendo has been giving much prominence to toadettequitando even one of the toads of new super mario to add to it, besides giving a power up that only works with her, but the fact is that in a contest waluigi vs daisy is more than clear that daisy is more important

Okay sure, I'll agree that Daisy is more important than Waluigi, but I still that if their "importance" were numbers, they'd be very close (like if Daisy were 87.3% and Waluigi were 86.5%). I feel like giving Daisy "main game" points is kinda dumb. I'm fairly sure Daisy's only major appearances are Super Mario Land and... Super Mario Run? (I wouldn't call Mario Run a main series game). And from what I remember, Mario Run only has about 5-6 characters, and they wouldn't add Waluigi before adding Wario.

Also flowers/plants could be used by plenty of Pokémon, Isaac from Golden Sun, and Viridi from Kid Icarus. I don't think just because Daisy would use flowers would make her all that unique.

Logic and reasoning shouldn't be the only way to determine which characters get chosen every Smash Bros. If this were the case, Jigglypuff would've probably been dropped in Melee or Brawl, and never seen again. Captain Falcon would've been dropped in Brawl and never seen again. Characters like Duck Hunt, Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk, Pit, or Ice Climbers, would've never been added to Smash Bros. During Melee's development, why add Ice Climbers when someone like Wario is up for grabs? More people recognize Wario, Wario has obvious moveset potential, and Wario has been in way more games. Well, put simply, it's because Sakurai wanted to, and clearly the Crusade team is going to do the same.
Back to top Go down
kirbydaistar64
Level 3 CPU
kirbydaistar64

  60
  N/A

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 9:07 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
kirbydaistar64 wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:
I feel like saying that Daisy has appeared in many more Mario games is a stretch, because it's like... 5? There's Super Mario Run, Super Mario Land, Mario Kart 7,...NES Open? There are also cases where Waluigi appears and no Daisy appears like DDR: Mario Mix and... Mario Tennis: Power Tour apparently.

You say that Daisy has special abilities having to do with flowers and crystals, but Waluigi's got powers too. He's been shown to have wind-based powers, vine-based powers, smoke-based powers, and he can swim through the air... for some reason. He also has a connection with Piranha Plants.

Please note that I am not against Daisy in Crusade if she's different from Peach, I just think saying that saying Daisy is more important than Waluigi just isn't a very meaningful statement, because let's be honest, clearly the most important Mario character is Toadette.

darling, that's where you're wrong, daisy sure appears at least 10 times more than waluigi and if I'm even counting mario bros manga, which decided to put daisy and not waluigi, and not only that, the The fact that daisy appears in 2 canonical games already gives her appearances an extra plus, because it shows that she canonically exists and waluigi does not

the skill of tornado of waluigi can use mario, luigi and toad, because that effect also gives the champion elice, the power of smoke, is a simple smoke bomb that is usable by any common character, cup head, pokemons, ninjas , but nevertheless that I know no character of mario has this ability, the lianas, that apart only use once in the game, unlike the cristalisacion that is used twice by daisy in the same game, the plants obviously avargan, and we all know that the plants are the field of daisy, there is no character that relates more to the plants than daisy and with respect to the piranha plants, all in the saga mario can use piranhas plants, in mario kart, in mario party , among others, so the only thing that has original waluigi is its smoke pump

and in that you are right, nintendo has been giving much prominence to toadettequitando even one of the toads of new super mario to add to it, besides giving a power up that only works with her, but the fact is that in a contest waluigi vs daisy is more than clear that daisy is more important

Okay sure, I'll agree that Daisy is more important than Waluigi, but I still that if their "importance" were numbers, they'd be very close (like if Daisy were 87.3% and Waluigi were 86.5%). I feel like giving Daisy "main game" points is kinda dumb. I'm fairly sure Daisy's only major appearances are Super Mario Land and... Super Mario Run? (I wouldn't call Mario Run a main series game). And from what I remember, Mario Run only has about 5-6 characters, and they wouldn't add Waluigi before adding Wario.

Also flowers/plants could be used by plenty of Pokémon, Isaac from Golden Sun, and Viridi from Kid Icarus. I don't think just because Daisy would use flowers would make her all that unique.

Logic and reasoning shouldn't be the only way to determine which characters get chosen every Smash Bros. If this were the case, Jigglypuff would've probably been dropped in Melee or Brawl, and never seen again. Captain Falcon would've been dropped in Brawl and never seen again. Characters like Duck Hunt, Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk, Pit, or Ice Climbers, would've never been added to Smash Bros. During Melee's development, why add Ice Climbers when someone like Wario is up for grabs? More people recognize Wario, Wario has obvious moveset potential, and Wario has been in way more games. Well, put simply, it's because Sakurai wanted to, and clearly the Crusade team is going to do the same.
no honey, I'm not the one who says mario run is canon, nintendo says it and if the same nintendo says it, I do not see why you do not believe it is relevant, besides, going out in canonical games if it's very relevant because that says how important you are to the franchise, it is not the same as a game party to a canonical game, or if so, then mario peach and bowser seem to be very good friends, that is the importance of canonicity, it is clear that going out in canonical games is important, or tell me how many exclusive characters of spin offs are in smash, because I do not see any, because they are not important

to see sweetheart, tell me how many pokemons can grow flowers around them and use them as an attack, that I know there is no pokemon movement that can do that, in fact no movement pokemon can generate flowers and use them as daisy does, isaac can not either do this, in fact it does not seem that the other character who can do it, I do not know anyone who can use the plants the way daisy uses them, and the question is that although he finds it, there are no more characters from the Mario series than can do, or was not that the point I gave in favor of waluigi, his smoke bomb

and I do not know about you, but the truth is very logical that characters like jiggly puff and cap falcon keep appearing in smash, they are characters of the original twelve, they continue to come out and continue to come out because they are the first, thanks to them the niche of smash bros, in fact their inclusions to the campus are also logical, jiggly puff at that time was famous in the anime besides being able to use the kirby model and several of its movements, cap falcon as well, since the original wrestlers were used as a base , they were easy to develop characters, and they keep appearing because they are important characters for smash and that the truth is very logical, besides that you say of the ice climbers, they were part of an important moment of nintendo, the logical thing is that they are represented here, and I do not think that you are imformado, but sakurai have several criteria to add characters, have been said many times and almost everyone should know, precisely by the criteria of sakurai is that waluigi not It has come out in no smash.
Back to top Go down
https://alexmauricio407.deviantart.com/
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

  Gooey
  1750

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 12:04 am

My problem with your "Daisy is important because she appears in two main series games" argument is that it doesn't make much sense because of various reasons.
Super Mario Land and Super Mario Run are probably the two Main Series Mario games that have made the least amount of impact on the series as a whole. Super Mario Land introduced Daisy, and Super Mario Run... exists. She appears in none of the big titles like Super Mario World or Super Mario 64 or even New Super Mario Bros. We also forgot about Super Mario Maker, a main series Mario game that didn't have Daisy in it for a long time (Waluigi was, however).
Another reason that the view of "only main series Mario games make a character important" doesn't work is simply because Daisy would've been a forgotten Mario character if it weren't for the spin-off titles. If she weren't in Mario Tennis, Mario Party, or Mario Kart, she wouldn't have appeared in any other main Mario titles. The Spin-Off Mario titles are important to the series as a whole.

Let me try and re-explain one of my points. What about Daisy's flowers? Sure, no one else can hit people with flowers... and? I feel that just because no one else has this "ability", that doesn't make her immediately more interesting. What if Rocky Wrench were put into Smash Bros. and attacked with wrenches. Nobody else attacks with wrenches, so it's unique!... Okay, not really...
Over the years, Waluigi and Daisy shared the same problem of... So what would their moveset be? And really, I have yet to see a really convincing moveset for either of them. The best I've seen for Waluigi is the Brawl Mod, and Daisy simply being an echo fighter of Peach works out pretty well, change up some moves a bit more and it'd be better.
Sadly from fan movesets I've seen, Waluigi and Daisy suffer from the same "generic" moves that could be given to any Mario character. Drive a kart, hit a dice block, throw a green shell blablablablablah... They both clearly have some potential somewhere, I just haven't really seen it yet.

Yes, there are logic about those characters on the development side of things, but Sakurai isn't doing things by numbers. If characters were added because of high number of games, Golden Sun and Advance Wars would've gotten in before Pikmin or Ice Climber. I think that was my original point re-explained. I'm tired.
Back to top Go down
kirbydaistar64
Level 3 CPU
kirbydaistar64

  60
  N/A

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 5:59 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
My problem with your "Daisy is important because she appears in two main series games" argument is that it doesn't make much sense because of various reasons.
Super Mario Land and Super Mario Run are probably the two Main Series Mario games that have made the least amount of impact on the series as a whole. Super Mario Land introduced Daisy, and Super Mario Run... exists. She appears in none of the big titles like Super Mario World or Super Mario 64 or even New Super Mario Bros. We also forgot about Super Mario Maker, a main series Mario game that didn't have Daisy in it for a long time (Waluigi was, however).
Another reason that the view of "only main series Mario games make a character important" doesn't work is simply because Daisy would've been a forgotten Mario character if it weren't for the spin-off titles. If she weren't in Mario Tennis, Mario Party, or Mario Kart, she wouldn't have appeared in any other main Mario titles. The Spin-Off Mario titles are important to the series as a whole.

Let me try and re-explain one of my points. What about Daisy's flowers? Sure, no one else can hit people with flowers... and? I feel that just because no one else has this "ability", that doesn't make her immediately more interesting. What if Rocky Wrench were put into Smash Bros. and attacked with wrenches. Nobody else attacks with wrenches, so it's unique!... Okay, not really...
Over the years, Waluigi and Daisy shared the same problem of... So what would their moveset be? And really, I have yet to see a really convincing moveset for either of them. The best I've seen for Waluigi is the Brawl Mod, and Daisy simply being an echo fighter of Peach works out pretty well, change up some moves a bit more and it'd be better.
Sadly from fan movesets I've seen, Waluigi and Daisy suffer from the same "generic" moves that could be given to any Mario character. Drive a kart, hit a dice block, throw a green shell blablablablablah... They both clearly have some potential somewhere, I just haven't really seen it yet.

Yes, there are logic about those characters on the development side of things, but Sakurai isn't doing things by numbers. If characters were added because of high number of games, Golden Sun and Advance Wars would've gotten in before Pikmin or Ice Climber. I think that was my original point re-explained. I'm tired.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
https://alexmauricio407.deviantart.com/
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

  Gooey
  1750

Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 6:57 pm

At this point I'm tired of us just going back and forth, so let's just agree to disagree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion   Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Daisy [Super Mario Bros.] Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough!
» SCCT Super League II
» SCCT Book Super League I
» Super Tournament XIV
» Anyone here a fan of Super Deformed Mecha?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Crusade Community ::  :: Character Discussion :: Unofficial Characters :: Smash Veterans-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com