Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 2:53 pm

Well I am very happy to see Mac in, but I honestly did not expect him xD.
Back to top Go down
superluigi12
Level 2 CPU
superluigi12

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 3:35 pm

Sven the Turtle wrote:
Little Mac confirmed to actually be Eren Jaeger

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 Screen-8

BIG MAC
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 12:02 am

I suppose it would have been the best time to reveal Little Mac, though it makes me wonder when Diddeh is showing up. Might be next Friday for the US/Europe release of Tropical Freeze.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 1:43 am

It's confirmed that the Boxing Ring is a Punch-Out!! stage. If you look at this image, the words at the top have been changed from "Smash Bros" to "Punch-Out!!"
Spoiler:

What's also interesting is that there's also a picture of it in the 3DS version, making it only the second stage to appear twice.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 4:24 am

Guest wrote:
It's confirmed that the Boxing Ring is a Punch-Out!! stage. If you look at this image, the words at the top have been changed from "Smash Bros" to "Punch-Out!!"
Spoiler:

What's also interesting is that there's also a picture of it in the 3DS version, making it only the second stage to appear twice.

I think I said it before somewhere, but the Punch Out Arena seems to be like a "Walk Off Final Destination" basically, the Smash logo was also changed on the main boxing arena. It's funny that it was hinting Little Mac this whole time.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 4:37 am

Watching it again, I'm very worried that Mac will be the new Metaknight, I mean that charge at the end was something else. OHKOing Bowser at 40%, and it seems impossible for the enemy to stop the charge from building. Not only that, if you pause it just as it strikes you'll see that Bowser gained 200% damage from that one strike.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 4:42 am

Guest wrote:
Watching it again, I'm very worried that Mac will be the new Metaknight, I mean that charge at the end was something else. OHKOing Bowser at 40%, and it seems impossible for the enemy to stop the charge from building. Not only that, if you pause it just as it strikes you'll see that Bowser gained 200% damage from that one strike.

I read that the punch he gets from the charged energy meter thing he has is indeed a 1-hit KO

I don't think the charge itself is part of it though
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 5:06 am

Guest wrote:

Here's the thing, I'm not sure if that charge can actually be stored for later use, because it takes a long time to actually charge it, the footage is sped up. If you look at Little Mac's little Punch Out!! logo, the "fire" inside it actually speeds up until the punch is fully charged, so it will be a long wait, and if you can't store it for later the move isn't as amazing as it seems.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 5:16 am

You also seem to forget that Megaman's Dsmash killed vertically at like 70 percent or something ridiculous like that (stronger than Fox's Up Smash!). I have a sinking feeling that Kill power is going to be one of the sole factors in tier placement this time around, but it is still too early to really tell.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 8:39 am

I'm not even slightly worried about that punch. That's like saying Ganondorf is over-powered because of his utterly useless Warlock Punch.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 10:32 am

Um....Bowser was at 200% right before Mac hit him.

Bowser took 200+% in the time it took to fill up.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 5:06 am

so what is everyone's thoughts on the 5 ssb4 newcomers.

also we have a total of 23 characters
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 5:32 am

Wii Fit Trainer: I love both wacky characters, and close range characters. I love the fact that literally nobody guessed her despite being the lead character in one of Nintendo's most popular franchises. I'll be hard pressed not to make her one of my mains.

Mega Man: Seems incredibly interesting and unlike any character in the game or in any previous game. I have two concerns though, the fact that because of his limited close range attacks he may end up being a punching bag, and also because he's been wanted for so long I fear that Wi-Fi will be littered with Mega Man users.

Villager: Couldn't really care less about this one, though I've never played much Animal Crossing. The character seems interesting but there's nothing about him that makes me want to play much of him.

Rosalina: I love the idea of the character, and I can't wait to try her. However as somebody who sucks at using technical characters like Ice Climbers, Ness and Olimar, I don't think I'll get very far with her.

Little Mac: The one I've been waiting for. My most wanted newcomer and he's everything I want him to be. Close range, fast, furious, and ready for a good scrap. My only beef with him is that he doesn't have a star point system by the looks of it, but that's not a huge deal. Unless Nintendo pull a massive surprise before release this is without a doubt the first character I will use when I get my copy.

All I need now is Mewtwo and Ridley, and everything else that gets added is just gravy. Paper Mario would be a huge bonus too.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 7:39 am

I'll be using whoever I'm comfortable with.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 7:50 am

Villager: Didn't expect him, but hyped that he's in since I'm a big fan of Animal Crossing. I only worry that the tree might end up being useless.

Mega Man: he looks fun 'n stuff

Wii Fit Trainer: she looks fun 'n stuff

Rosalina: really happy that she pissed all those daisy fans off so she's best newcomer so far

Little Mac: Worried that everyone will main him and I'll be like "whats the point if everyone is playing as little mac"
Back to top Go down
rexos
Level 5 CPU
rexos

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 8:44 am

villager: he looks cool and he's new and fresh

megaman: i came

rosalina: omg i cant take this

wii fit trainer: dat ass

little mac: i love boxing and this is just what i was looking for
Back to top Go down
Keven
Level 5 CPU
Keven

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 8:12 pm

Villager : Pretty good i also love is ability to store item and throw them back .

Megaman : Just awsome i want to play as him to do a fight Mario Sonic Megaman

Wii Fit Trainer : That was really a big surprise but i will try the male wii fit trainer but i dont think its my style

Rosalina : I was expecting Toad or Bowser Jr but Rosalina seem really original i will check out her duo with her Luma

Little Mac : Light,Fast,Hard Punch,Pretty bad recovery but i dont care . For the 1st Party his my favorite so far

Also the newcomer that i want the most is Isaac for Golden Sun .
Back to top Go down
Sven the Turtle
Level 2 CPU
Sven the Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 10:16 pm

Keven wrote:
Wii Fit Trainer : i will try the male wii fit trainer

What are you, sexist?

Razz
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 7:11 am

Villager - I was most excited for this character when the first trailer showed. Since Brawl, I been hoping that Animal Crossing would get a playable character but had my doubts. So this choice really gave me high hopes for this game. I would honestly preferred Tom Nook, but this is better than no Animal Crossing rep, so I'm not upset at all. His playstyle looks very gimmicky and would take a while to get used to.

Mega Man - Not my most-hyped character, but I have no complaints about him. I just hope he didnt replace Snake. I can see many fans trying to main or spam with him. He seems to heavily lack close range attacks.

Wii Fit Trainer - At first, I hated this choice, but after 15 minutes of thinking, it grew on me. As successful as the Wii Fit games are, I guess it makes sense. She looks like she will be the easiest newcomer to pick up on since she doesnt seem as gimmicky as the other newcomers.

Rosalina - Personally, Im still not fond of this choice. I would rather have Toad. Eh, at least Sakurai did what he can with her playstyle to make up for the lack of good rep.

Little Mac - One of my most-wanted 1st party characters, so Im very excited to see him playable. He seems like fun and probably will be my main. However, not really fond of his attack animations. They appear very loose, sloppy, & over exaggerated.

Overall, this is how I would rank them.

1. Villager
2. tie between Little Mac & Wii Fit Trainer
3. Mega Man
4. Rosalina
Back to top Go down
Keven
Level 5 CPU
Keven

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 8:06 am

Sven : There a story behind my choice my favorite gym teacher look a lot like the Male Wii Fit Trainer . I had only one female gym teacher and i did not like her too much but he was really great we played hockey i was the goaler for one team he was the goaler for the other that was good memory so for me Male Wii Fit Trainer si my choice

Last edited by Keven on Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sven the Turtle
Level 2 CPU
Sven the Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 9:32 am

That's cool Keven, I was just joking around though Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 11:56 am

Sven the Turtle wrote:
Keven wrote:

What are you, sexist?

Razz
could be gay
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 12:35 pm

notbro wrote:
Sven the Turtle wrote:
Keven wrote:

What are you, sexist?

Razz
could be gay
could be both
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 11:09 pm

so now we have food, maxim tomatoes (50%), heart containers (100%) and fairies (100%+) for healing

i wonder if the heart containers in stuff like all star mode will be changed to fairies to account for healing all damage instead of the 100% that normal heart containers heal
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 4:22 am

Personally I feel like Fairies may just be the replacement of heart containers, they seem like a better choice anyways, since heart containers give you an extra heart, while fairies actually heal you. But I'm probably completely wrong, and they both appear.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 4:48 am

I feel Fairies will heal 150% at most, I doubt they'd implement a complete healing item, unless there was some kind of downside like an opening animation.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 5:02 am

Heart containers also restore you to full hp in the Zelda games, and fairies can actually bring you back from the dead with at least 8 hearts iirc so they both work equally well as healing items.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 10:39 am

Heart Container, Maxim Tomato, or Food haven't been confirmed for SSB4, iirc. Though they are pretty much traditional Smash items, it is possible for them not to return. Though, I don't see a reason why they should be cut.

Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 9:10 pm

Maybe the Fairy in a bottle thing will do what Heart Containers did in Smash 64 and in Melee's and Brawl's All-Star Modes; heal you completely.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 10:08 pm

Diddy Kong confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next