Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage

Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 8:17 pm

Meant to say "Voting for Opera House's Removal." Dunno how the hell I forgot "Removal"
Back to top Go down
Ness_64
Level 4 CPU
Ness_64

Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 9:59 pm

Felipe, what do you mean about Omega? The Omega I know is the (somewhat) recurring robot superboss... Is it that Omega?
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 7:42 am

Where do you stand on Floating Continent, exactly? The rocks are just sort of randomly placed. I don't see a Smash Bros. stage anywhere, even though I like the idea for the stage itself.
Back to top Go down
http://machriderz.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 12:06 pm

Dr.MarioX wrote:
Where do you stand on Floating Continent, exactly? The rocks are just sort of randomly placed. I don't see a Smash Bros. stage anywhere, even though I like the idea for the stage itself.

..... the 2 giant islands in the front... MAYBE ?
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 12:23 pm

Maybe not. Here's an analysis of the problems with this stage.
Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 Df7b7f94661d619ceecc24971d97cc51

I think Opera House would be cool if you fought outside. The gloomy midnight atmosphere and the purple tones are things no other stage would have. EDIT: Or on the rafters. Either one would be awesome.

So my vote right now (until Felipe makes me think otherwise) goes to keeping Opera House, if we're voting for that now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 2:07 pm

DMX, is confirmed, you have visual problems regarding depth.

And also, There is nothing in front of the opera house, it would be another walkfoff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 2:19 pm

I actually like that FC. Sure, there's clashing with the clouds, but I think that layout is fine and the boss gimmick soumds cool.
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 3:03 pm

Felipe_9595 wrote:
DMX, is confirmed, you have visual problems regarding depth.

And also, There is nothing in front of the opera house, it would be another walkfoff.

So, are you expecting characters to jump like this?
Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 453d251066efc134ecae36b8a68ec0c8
That right platform is clearly not in the same distance from the screen as the left. Also, this stage is very similar to Hyrule Temple as far as atmosphere, color scheme, and overall concept go. Opera House is NOTHING like any other stage we have on the roster.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 3:09 pm

I see DMX's point, the stage IS a tad confusing placement-wise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 4:09 pm

WTF EVERYONE IN THIS FORUMS HAS DEPTH PROBLEM DX

The playable portion of the stage ARE THE BIG PLATFORMS IN THE FRONT, Those things in the BACK are part of the BACKGROUND

Dmx, in which world an opera house with virtually no good layouts is better than a floating continent??

Last edited by Felipe_9595 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 4:12 pm

Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 Opera-House-2

I think this area can make a good layout for Opera House.
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 4:15 pm

I could see that having a lot of potential there. Fighting on top of the rafters would also be incredibly fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Mr. Mistress wrote:
Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 Opera-House-2

yes, and that area should have an scenario below, making it instantly in a walfoff stage.
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:11 pm

Felipe_9595 wrote:
Mr. Mistress wrote:

yes, and that area should have an scenario below, making it instantly in a walfoff stage.

Can't understand because grammar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:15 pm

Dr.MarioX wrote:
Felipe_9595 wrote:
Mr. Mistress wrote:

Can't understand because grammar.
Check your native English-speaking privilege, scum
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 12:13 pm

Hey there guys, I'd like to suggest a stage for you.

The Phendrana Drifts
https://2img.net/r/ihimg/a/img41/7690/phendranadriftsshorelin.png

I would post an image with the FG, BG and overlay seperated, but then there'd be ugly holes everywhere that I'm not done fixing up. I propose that this stage take the place of Phazon Mines.

Phendrana is often what Prime fans say is their favorite area. It's beautiful, cinematic, and also reps Ridley, as the first area you encounter him on Tallon IV.

The pillars and left cliff face would be the main battle ground. Most of the right area of that screenshot has been cut off to fit the screen resolution.

Of course if you guys would rather keep Phazon Mines I'd be happy to make that stage for you instead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 1:33 pm

Generally it's OK to double post when you have an update.

Therefore I have double posted.

Background: https://2img.net/r/ihimg/a/img42/2300/backgroundbrr.png
Foreground: https://2img.net/r/ihimg/a/img405/2041/foreground.png

I have it so that if you crack open GIMP or GM and paste the FG onto the BG it will be pre-aligned for you.

In fact all that the devs would have to do to have this stage ready for a demo is stick the snow and the mechanics on there.

This stage's gimmick would be blizzards every once in a while to hinder sight and movement. An Interface Screw, if you will. The other gimmick is that the floating platforms slowly sink when people are on them.

Plus it's a snowy stage just in time for the holiday season. So what do yall think?

Last edited by Kaizaran on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 1:34 pm

the pieces of the foreground don't really have the same perspective. Plus, it's 5 small rocks. Not the best battleground.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 1:41 pm

Kaizaran wrote:

In fact all that the devs would have to do to have this stage ready for APEX is stick the snow and the mechanics on there.

We havent even voted on this yet. This has a guaranteed 0% chance of being at apex.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 1:56 pm

BluePsychic wrote:
it's 5 small rocks. Not the best battleground.

In fairness, the stage I'm vying to replace is probably going to be
A.) A few phazonic mushrooms and a phazon pit
B.) A plain old flat room with a piece of machinery in the middle and maybe a platform or two
C.) [Unlikely] The Omega Pirate room which is also a plain flat room but with a bit of Phazon

The foreground really does look awesome with the background. See?
https://2img.net/r/ihimg/a/img202/2487/phendrana.png
And if you'll remember, the floating platforms slowly descend when people stand on them, weighing the turboboosters down, and every once in a while a blizzard comes and hinders sight and movement, at least that's how I see it working.

Of course it'll look a little different due to the way that the FG/BG are handled but I believe it can be a fine stage.

The question here is, do the rest of you agree?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 4:43 pm

The background is too dark compared to the foreground; there isn't enough contrast.
Back to top Go down
JKSmashFan
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 6:43 am

If I say I like it and vote yes, then will you tell me where you hide the Big Red, Kai?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 9:10 am

Kaizaran wrote:
https://2img.net/r/ihimg/a/img202/2487/phendrana.png
It's hard to tell the background from the foreground. And like Blue said, there's no enough room to fight on.

Add some contast between the foreground and background, and combine 3 of those platforms into a larger platform. After that, you'll have something good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 11:39 am

*sigh* Yes you can have a big red if you vote.

Of course I was gonna let you have one anyway but now you have to vote first.

Foreground: https://2img.net/r/ihimg/a/img191/2041/foreground.png
Moved the floating platforms, added two more floating platforms.
Background: https://2img.net/r/ihimg/a/img855/8457/backgroundna.png
Blurred the image, desaturated it a little, and brightened it. To give that feeling of far-off.

Final Product - Crusade Stage Candidate; Phendrana Shorelines: https://2img.net/r/ihimg/a/img838/1513/phendranashorelines.png

Opinions, thoughts and criticisms are welcome as always.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:37 pm

Its pretty hard to tell still, and it also doesnt meet our quality standards (the minimal size that a stage has to have is 1280x960)
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:39 pm

I'm not having a problem telling background from foreground. There are some issues though, the bottom of the right-most platform doesn't look right where it meets the ground.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:53 pm

Alright, I'll get to work on fixing up that rightmost platform.

Also, Fleep, SK told me to go for 1280x720 so that's what I did. It's a relatively simple resize anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 2:53 pm

Double Post for Update:

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/a/img14/2041/foreground.png
https://2img.net/r/ihimg/a/img441/2091/backgroundiy.png
https://2img.net/r/ihimg/a/img826/1513/phendranashorelines.png

Hopefully this works.
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 3:04 pm

In my opinion, there are three ways to make stages: hi-res 3D model renders, vector art (which I haven't made a stage with it yet), and sprites for existing games (but only for retro stages). Try one of these out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 3:20 pm

Dr.MarioX wrote:
vector art (which I haven't made a stage with it yet).
And thank the gods you haven't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5) - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 4) (Done, moved to part 5)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 18 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next