OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] Empty
PostSubject: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:42 pm

Because apparently there's some major issues, post the bugs here to keep things organized.

READ THROUGH THE WHOLE THREAD BEFORE POSTING SO THERE ARE NO UNNECESSARY REPOSTS.

As soon as a list is compiled I'll figure out something to do about them.

Bear with us for the time being!

Things for the patch:
Spoiler:

Engine bugs to be fixed in a future patch/demo:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Detta Drifloon on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:13 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:56 pm

Alternate characters for CPUs are messed up.
I tried to have *secretcharacteralt* as a CPU, he ended up in battle as his regular self, not the alt. Same with Zero Suit Samus and Power Suit Samus, I tried having Power suit as my CPU and it had it Samus in her Zero Suit.

On Mushroom Kingdom 1, I activated Ridley's final smash on the 1st platform of blocks. Ridley flew a very short distance (so he was over the 2nd platform of blocks) before freezing in place. I couldn't do anything so I was forced to quit the game.
Back to top Go down
xXtyking1224Xx
Level 5 CPU
xXtyking1224Xx

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:05 pm

Aside from Classic mode, there is this one that I noticed in Online Mode.

Whenever I go to Stage Select for Online Mode, there are very few stages visible, and, whenever I try to confirm them as my choice, it won't let me.

Not sure if that last one is a glitch, though.
Back to top Go down
Equinox
Level 5 CPU
Equinox

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:22 pm

If you battle in a match with 4 players, P4 can be heard screaming, even when not hit, and when P4 dies, you can hear their screams in the background.
Back to top Go down
Tamloo
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:07 pm

First thing, I just wanted to say thanks for releasing this today! I can't wait to play around with it more, however 3 Things I Noticed So Far...

1) Why no 4 player local multiplayer support. This was one of the biggest features I was looking forward to and it was not included? How hard is it to add 2 more sections to allow me to map keys? I'm using joysticks so don't feel as if my keyboard is going to be crowded.
2) On the "Online" screen (create match, join match, etc...), when I move down far enough the cursor goes back up, however if I keep going up the cursor doesn't return back to the bottom. It's strange and confusing.
3) The online mode had some issues when I played with someone else. I had the game cut out on my friend and then he started to control MY character (but only on his screen). Once he killed himself 3 times so we could start over, it claimed that he won even though he just lost. I understand the online mode is still being heavily worked on, but you guys are in the right direction!

Keep up to good work guys! If you add that 4 player support I plan on filming a Let's Play on Youtube for it.
Back to top Go down
M. Bison
Level 5 CPU
M. Bison

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:19 pm

On the Excitebike stage you can't pause the game.
Back to top Go down
diego222
Level 4 CPU
diego222

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:22 pm

1.) The fighter profiles of new characters don't show up.

2.) Inclined floors on some stages still need to be fixed. (Specially in Kongo Jungle)

3.) Lucas still stays stunned in his hurt animation when hit while using PK thunder until he is hit and touches the floor or hits a wall.

4.) If you use Fox or Falco illusion from the air to the stage at a very little height from the floor (and specially in inclined floors) they will stay in their helpless animation until they are hit or you make them grab a ledge.

5.) If you meteor smash somebody with a high percentage towards an inclined floor, the attacked character will bounce at a very high speed and most of the time star Ko'ed.

6.) In team battle, Peach final smash affects his team partner.

Last edited by diego222 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ken Takazuki
Level 2 CPU
Ken Takazuki

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:38 pm

Yeah online mode needs lots of work.
When me AEM and some other guy finally started a match, the screen keeps flashing, then all of a sudden we all swapped characters, and then I was a Weegee.
the crap man
Back to top Go down
x2WiN
Level 3 CPU
x2WiN

ThomasTerminator

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:53 pm

Tamloo wrote:
First thing, I just wanted to say thanks for releasing this today! I can't wait to play around with it more, however 3 Things I Noticed So Far...

1) Why no 4 player local multiplayer support. This was one of the biggest features I was looking forward to and it was not included? How hard is it to add 2 more sections to allow me to map keys? I'm using joysticks so don't feel as if my keyboard is going to be crowded.
2) On the "Online" screen (create match, join match, etc...), when I move down far enough the cursor goes back up, however if I keep going up the cursor doesn't return back to the bottom. It's strange and confusing.
3) The online mode had some issues when I played with someone else. I had the game cut out on my friend and then he started to control MY character (but only on his screen). Once he killed himself 3 times so we could start over, it claimed that he won even though he just lost. I understand the online mode is still being heavily worked on, but you guys are in the right direction!

Keep up to good work guys! If you add that 4 player support I plan on filming a Let's Play on Youtube for it.

1) They never said anything about 4 player local support. So don't know what you're talking about. Not everyone can use 4 joysticks you know.

2) (no comment)

3) You guys had a desync. It happens.

Back to top Go down
http://www.terminationgaming.com/
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 11:02 pm

-Turning team attack on in Vs mode turns it on in Classic Mode. Examples: in the team match, all characters can hit each other. In the multi-man Crusade, the three characters in the Fighting Sprite Team can attack each other.
-Yoshi's bugs haven't been fixed.
-Not sure if it was just me because Felipe didn't have it happen, but pressing shield as any character on the Excitebiker stage caused both players to teleport to the far left (just barely off screen) and an Excitebiker would spawn. This happened in the middle of attacks too (tried L-Cancelling and it kept screwing up).

@4 player local support: Keyboard mapping would be torturous, you'd need four gamepads and it's not worth the effort if Online supports it anyways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 11:22 pm

Detta Drifloon wrote:
-Turning team attack on in Vs mode turns it on in Classic Mode. Examples: in the team match, all characters can hit each other. In the multi-man Crusade, the three characters in the Fighting Sprite Team can attack each other.
-Yoshi's bugs haven't been fixed.
-Not sure if it was just me because Felipe didn't have it happen, but pressing shield as any character on the Excitebiker stage caused both players to teleport to the far left (just barely off screen) and an Excitebiker would spawn. This happened in the middle of attacks too (tried L-Cancelling and it kept screwing up).

@4 player local support: Keyboard mapping would be torturous, you'd need four gamepads and it's not worth the effort if Online supports it anyways.

That teleportation glitch also happens if you taunt.

Also, on both Excitebike and Namek, if the players are too far from each other, the camera starts to have major difficulty tracking all the players.

As for Namek, the AI never seems to want to jump across the lake and instead, they just keep falling off and jumping back to the ledge they fell off. Sometimes, they fail to recover and die (especially Gooey).

Also for Namel, a few characters end up falling into the lake during their final smashes (Luigi, Mach Rider, DK, etc.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 11:51 pm

half of those gliths needs engine changes so should be removed from there (Mostly the ones implying Slopes and Yoshi/lucas)

Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:09 am

They're glitches nonetheless. This way we don't have like 7 people making threads for what is essentially the same glitch and we can keep track of what needs to be fixed, regardless of what needs to be done to fix it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:15 am

Remove them, its a cluster f***. Sure falcon will get confused and will not fix what needs to be fixed.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:18 am

So I should just start deleting any topics about engine bugs so that Falcon doesn't get overwhelmed and doesn't get around to fixing them either way.

Got it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:24 am

Those bugs are gonna get fixed on 0.9 (Slopes are not getting fixed in1 day. And we clearly need this latch in a day or 2)
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:25 am

the only way we can play dhd or porky is by replacing the characters already in the game by switching up their names in the data file. This is due to 1P Mode freezing the game before the 1st match starts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:27 am

???? Where did that come from XD??? I am saying detta nees to remove the Slope/Yoshi glitches from the OP
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:34 am

He was reporting a new glitch, not commenting on our engine whatevermabob discussion.

Whatever, I'll split it into two sections so the engine bugs are still listed but not for the patch.
Back to top Go down
Mp3 Toaster

Mp3 Toaster

Lucario
  Mp3_Toaster

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 4:41 am

Alright, time for me to note some bugs that I have found:

- DHD's down special can cancel any final smash. Even final smashes like the Porky statue.

- If you use Ridley's final smash under the breakable platform in the Excitebike stage. He will be stuck there forever, he can't even be hit out of it. The same might happen to Fox's and Falco's FS, but it's not tested yet. The only way to stop him from being stuck is to use DHD down special on him.

UPDATE: The glitch didn't apply to both Fox and Falco, only Ridley. He did get stuck on Shadow Moses Island too with the FS. I think it would be fixed if the final smash ignored collision detection with anything.

- Sometimes when the CPU use their shield, they just stay there, they can't move. Unable to be hitted at all. Also the shield does not get smaller during the duration of the glitch. The only way to stop it is using a projectile attack.

- The new item, the shield. Is not on the item switch menu. I think capsule should be on the item switch too. Because it isn't.

- There are apperently a invisible platform on Halberd and Hyrule Castle. The hell's going on!?

- The ducks on DHD's FS one time lasted forever. At the same time that happened, DHD himself acted wierd. He stay stuck in the airdodge and other indescribable stuff happens. DHD can only get hit by projectile and Final smash attacks during that state. When he gets KO'd during that state, he won't lose a life and he won't respawn. At all. This is the strangest glitch so far.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 7:59 am

Using DHD's final smash in air does absolutely nothing.
Back to top Go down
Keven
Level 5 CPU
Keven

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:51 am

i found i little bug when you want to down the Lv on the Player 3 ( Or CPU ) it dosen't work all the time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:26 am

In Saffron City, after Waluigi was KO'ed by Bomberman, he didn't respawn in the middle of the stage. Instead, he came back from the place where he was KO'ed. He still lost a life, though.
Back to top Go down
kingruler999
Level 3 CPU
kingruler999

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:26 am

On final destination when i used Ridley's neutral b, white frames would appear around him, not sure if this is a problem with all the stages, i've played a few others with him and the neutral b worked fine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 11:06 am

Two big glitches with online. If you're the host and after you finish a match, everytime you try to exit create a lobby, the game automatically picks it again the moment it heads back into the main menu. Meaning that you have to exit restart and Crusade just to get out of the lobby.

Also, if you get disconnected from an online match, you're pulled right into VS. mode on battllefield with all the characters from the match you were disconnect from. No matter which character you were, you automatically become the character that the host was playing as, and all the other characters do nothing at all, unless they were CPUs. Lastly, bubble shields from Sonic the Hedgehog keep popping up for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 11:13 am

OP updated. Keep up the good work guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 11:54 am

Forgot to mention that if you're not the host and you go into an online match, the online menu song will still play along with the stage music.

Last edited by Mr. mistress on Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 11:59 am

The main menu song seems to studder at times.
Back to top Go down
xXtyking1224Xx
Level 5 CPU
xXtyking1224Xx

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:10 pm

Online Mode won't let my friend connect with others, and despite being able to see only a handful of stages, it won't let me select any of them for Online Mode.

I know I said the stage part already, but it wasn't included in the list, and, this time, I'm fairly certain that it is a glith.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:12 pm

xXtyking1224Xx wrote:
Online Mode won't let my friend connect with others, and despite being able to see only a handful of stages, it won't let me select any of them for Online Mode.

I know I said the stage part already, but it wasn't included in the list, and, this time, I'm fairly certain that it is a glith.

1. Seems like you're not doing Online mode properly. Hamachi is pretty much a requirement.
2. "-SSS bugs in Online mode"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]   OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT] Empty

Back to top Go down

OK SO 0.8 BUGS GO HERE [IMPORTANT]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next