Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 3:10 am

I think the topic starter should have waited before Undertale got a Wii U release.
Although that might be a bad idea, because according to Toby Fox, he does want to release Undertale on Wii U, but was not able to because appearantly, Game Maker Studio does NOT support porting to Wii U, so the game would have to be recreated from scratch with something that actually supports porting to Wii U...
Maybe wait a year or two and see if Undertale is still all the rage? Because if it manages to be still popular even after 2 years, then it's a sign that Undertale is not just some fad created by an ex-Homestuck member and Earthbound fan.
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 11:38 am

I think Toby found somebody who specializes in porting GMS stuff to the Wii U architecture? I may be wrong...

Even so, yeah, wait a year or two.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 1:26 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
I think the topic starter should have waited before Undertale got a Wii U release.
Although that might be a bad idea, because according to Toby Fox, he does want to release Undertale on Wii U, but was not able to because appearantly, Game Maker Studio does NOT support porting to Wii U, so the game would have to be recreated from scratch with something that actually supports porting to Wii U...
Maybe wait a year or two and see if Undertale is still all the rage? Because if it manages to be still popular even after 2 years, then it's a sign that Undertale is not just some fad created by an ex-Homestuck member and Earthbound fan.
Toby isn't an ex-Homestuck member, he still helped out with it. Also why would those two factors even matter
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 10:56 pm

Which two factors do you mean? You mean "waiting for one or two years"?

Because if the game is still popular even after two years, then the game is more than just indie fad #1069. And with a Wii U release, the game would finally get the Nintendo relevancy needed to warrant an Undertale stage, to the very least.

Because let's face it: Only few games can stay popular even after 2 years.
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 12:37 am

I don't think it's ever going to get to where it was at the height of its popularity, just due to being fairly short, so I think the thing to look for is whether people are still bringing it up often. Like, is it still making top 10 lists a year from now? Are people still bringing it up in discussions of meta narratives in games?
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 1:19 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:

Because if the game is still popular even after two years, then the game is more than just indie fad #1069. And with a Wii U release, the game would finally get the Nintendo relevancy needed to warrant an Undertale stage, to the very least.

You realize I am perhaps the most blatant DIS-supporter of Frisk in this thread right, I completely agree with you lol

I meant the Homestuck member and Earthbound fan.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 9:15 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:

You realize I am perhaps the most blatant DIS-supporter of Frisk in this thread right, I completely agree with you lol

If you hate Frisk so much why are you even still replying

It's counterproductive
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 10:13 pm

Because it's useful to have voices speaking against it? I support Frisk but I don't want this thread to devolve into a huge circlejerk
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 11:20 pm

Kzinssie wrote:
Because it's useful to have voices speaking against it? I support Frisk but I don't want this thread to devolve into a huge circlejerk
Because that hasn't happened already, right...
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptySat May 28, 2016 12:28 am

it super hasnt lmao
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptySat May 28, 2016 6:53 am

Kzinssie is right.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=circle%20jerk
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptySat May 28, 2016 9:39 am

KeybladePony wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:

If you hate Frisk so much why are you even still replying

It's counterproductive
Because people in this thread have bad points
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptySat May 28, 2016 9:48 am

Slissith wrote:
Kzinssie is right.

Uh, it sounds to me like that third one has happened already, but whatever you say I guess.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptySat May 28, 2016 10:13 am

Chaotic Chao wrote:
Slissith wrote:
Kzinssie is right.

Uh, it sounds to me like that third one has happened already, but whatever you say I guess.

We aren't politicians
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptySat May 28, 2016 10:18 am

SP wrote:
Chaotic Chao wrote:
Slissith wrote:
Kzinssie is right.

We aren't politicians
Right, because that's the point...
Anyway, I feel like we can all generally agree that it's best to wait a while and see if Undertale's fame isn't fleeting, so why this train wreck is still trying to ignite its engines is so far beyond me that it may as well be in another dimension...
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 1:00 am

KeybladePony wrote:
Canonically Ryu has a health bar
Canonically Mario should shrink after one hit
Canonically Fox should be in an Arwing
Villager can't jump, Kirby could fly indefinitely

Smash has never followed canon
thank you, for saying things i am perfectly aware of lol (oh and, star fox assault / mario sunshine [+spin-offs] my guy????)

I said he'd theoretically be an amazing joke character, because it fits his character very well.

The majority of his moves could do very little damage with insignificant knockback, but during those attacks the hitbox is active for the duration of the animation so he can build damage up very quickly. With a few attacks acting as kill moves (a couple smashes, a grab, maybe an aerial).

In turn, he is a complete glass cannon. He's very quick on his feet, and is a small target, but one good hit around medium %s could end him. This would make Sans a very interesting doubles / triples partner. There would have to be a way to make him somewhat playable in 1v1 and Free-for-Alls, but the idea is to incorporate what makes him such a memorable opponent in Undertale.

It's funny because the guy who doesn't try has to try hard if he wants to win, kinda like how he acts in the game.
Back to top Go down
Nintensis
Level 4 CPU
Nintensis

jmf72115

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 8:18 am

Will this thread ever die? Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXcP_rB2DD03kDVk4qGFgpQ
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 9:09 am

I personally wanted it too, I buried it but the Internet said no, so sadly it's probably not gonna die
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 9:19 am

Bumping the thread with "dae le anyone else think this thread has gone on to long i do" will not kill it
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 9:21 am

I can't lock it my HP is too low
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 9:43 am

There is no reason to lock it but it's likely at this point based on the almost overwhelming anti-support from the community that Frisk won't be getting in.

The character hasn't gotten a serious discussion at this point within the dev team, this is simply my prediction.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 10:06 am

No it's because it won't stay dead, it's a writhing mass of trash repeatedly coming back to haunt me, can we move this to the spam board?
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 12:40 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:
No it's because it won't stay dead, it's a writhing mass of trash repeatedly coming back to haunt me, can we move this to the spam  board?

Accept the consequences of your actions.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 1:09 pm

Slissith wrote:
DestinyIntwined wrote:
No it's because it won't stay dead, it's a writhing mass of trash repeatedly coming back to haunt me, can we move this to the spam  board?

I've had to come to terms with my actions multiple times through out my short life, I've hurt many, and that's not okay. There are people who's lives could have bettered without mine. Sometimes sitting on my bed these thoughts come through my head. I wonder what is my life to others and how it compares to my closest friends. So yes I've come to terms with my actions, even here.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 1:27 pm

Slissith wrote:
DestinyIntwined wrote:

Uh, just because he made the Frisk thread doesn't mean it's his fault it went to shit. It really wasn't that terrible a suggestion honestly; Undertale IS a popular game, after all. Perhaps too popular for its own good, however.
But seriously, how is this in any way his fault just because he thought of the character suggestion? It's not like he was the one who told everyone to start arguing like immature idiots for 9 pages straight. Don't blame him for the stupidity of others.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 1:43 pm

I can't take this anymore Dust lock the damn thread I'll get to work on, I don't know, hyuckin, Jibanyan just someone lock this absolute hell PLEASE
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 1:54 pm

Please lock it, PLEASE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9