Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 6:49 pm

We all know that Frisk is obviously a little boy
Edit: woop five pages
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 7:51 pm

Frisk is genderless.

Your ignorance is infuriating.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 8:13 pm

I'm going to call Frisk a girl, I don't care what you say.

It doesn't change the fact that I support her.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 8:37 pm

Dustination wrote:
We all know that Frisk is obviously a little boy
Edit: woop five pages

Sure?

I say this because I heard of some people that this character is genderless; so, the gender is depending the belief of the player...
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 12:50 am

In actuality, whenever Frisk has a gender is pretty relative.
Maybe Frisk is a boy, maybe Frisk is a girl, maybe Frisk doesn't have a gender at all.
Does it matter? Hell no! So instead of calling Frisk "he" or "she", we should just call Frisk "Frisk".
Or at least "it".
But seriously, let's talk about the character's chances in Crusade and its movelist instead.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 2:26 am

Roy wrote:
I'm going to call Frisk a girl, I don't care what you say.

It doesn't change the fact that I support her.

I'll remember this.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 1:21 pm

ITT: Good job on invalidating a gender identity dumbasses

Lol, the fact we went on 5 pages about how you people cannot deal with Frisk going by "they" shows how quality this thread is.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 1:25 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
ITT: Good job on invalidating a mental illness dumbasses

Lol, the fact we went on 5 pages about how you people cannot deal with Frisk going by "they" shows how quality this thread is.

I support him.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 1:26 pm

Dustination wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
ITT: Good job on invalidating a mental illness dumbasses

I support him.

lego_shaq [4:26 PM]
dust you dont realize this is not ruckus
[4:26]
this is chaos
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 1:49 pm

*They
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 2:05 pm

*Him
or her
Who knows
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 2:18 pm

Donkey kong here
Back to top Go down
DemonicGamerAzazel
Level 6 CPU
DemonicGamerAzazel

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 2:30 pm

I LOVE Undertale! I has an amazing musical score, interesting and fun gameplay, awesome story and characters, and a lot of just clever things in general. I do feel that it will persevere into the future as a gaming classic.

THAT HAVING BEEN SAID

There is no way in hell that Undertale deserves a rep. It's very very VERY much too new, isn't the best franchise to represent the indie scene, is currently in a popularity boom that is bound to die down, and (tying back into being too new) would be a big spoiler for quite a while.

Oh, and by the way, if I were to support Frisk, I would say:

STANCE SYSTEM (No Fight/No Mercy).
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 6:03 pm

Surely the gender is up to how the player perceives the character? Seems more likely to me that the devs were intentionally leaving it up to the player's personal way of thinking, rather than trying to force a character who IS GENDER-NEUTRAL ACCEPT IT YOU PRIVILEGED CIS BASTARDS. If you see Frisk as gender-neutral, then , to you, they're gender-neutral. If you see Frisk as a <insert gender here>, then that's what Frisk is to you.

Incidentally, Shaq is totally right. No one's really validating, or supporting, the character, except for Roy, who's pretty lonely. There's no discussion of bettering the moveset going on any more, except for Lonely Roy. Most of the posts on this have been purely in regards to an "issue" that would have literally no impact on how Frisk would play in Crusade.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 6:05 pm

Naughty Ottsel wrote:
Surely the gender is up to how the player perceives the character? Seems more likely to me that the devs were intentionally leaving it up to the player's personal way of thinking, rather than trying to force a character who IS GENDER-NEUTRAL ACCEPT IT YOU PRIVILEGED CIS BASTARDS. If you see Frisk as gender-neutral, then , to you, they're gender-neutral. If you see Frisk as a <insert gender here>, then that's what Frisk is to you.

Incidentally, Shaq is totally right. No one's really validating, or supporting, the character, except for Roy, who's pretty lonely. There's no discussion of bettering the moveset going on any more, except for Lonely Roy. Most of the posts on this have been purely in regards to an "issue" that would have literally no impact on how Frisk would play in Crusade.
No Frisk is literally confirmed gender neutral, and dev*. Because said dev confirmed it, Toby Fox.

2nd parts right though.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 7:16 pm

Toby Fox confirmed to me, personally, that Frisk is a little boy.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 7:19 pm

Do I listen to someone who's probably done research and knows what they're talking about, or the main dev for Crusade, who could ban me from these forums...oh, god...Undertale ain't got shit on the Crusade Forums when it comes to moral choices
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 7:52 pm

this feels like something that came from the spam section
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 8:03 pm

I've just been poking fun this entire thread, I will never ever infract somebody for disagreeing with anybody, myself included, as long as it's respectful discourse. I'm not a power hungry monster.

I'd like to imagine being a self-insert type thing was the idea but apparently making a 'gender neutral' child protagonist was the course of action taken.

Only constructive replies to this thread from here on out please, it's basically been five pages of shit flinging and while I'm aware that I was definitely part of the problem it's time to stop it.
Back to top Go down
AkumaTh
Level 3 CPU
AkumaTh

AkumaTh

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 10:59 pm

I was bored and unable to sleep so I thought of trying to make a move list for Frisk. For starters, even if Frisk is a Pacifist, you have to fight at least once to achieve that ending, so fighting is a necessary evil. (If I call Frisk a he, sorry)
dddd:
Back to top Go down
http://www.mgcomics.com/
lordvaati
Level 2 CPU
lordvaati

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 8:38 pm

well, this escalated quickly.

Toby has been contacted by a Dev support member from Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 8:18 am

My God!
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 11:22 am

Undertale on 3DS and would be amazing.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 11:45 am

Yeah I'm not recovering this thread from the void of discussion, it's too long gone
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 4:14 pm

Kill Me Suicide is the only option now Kill Me

Also to be "constructive", Frisk shouldn't be in because 'it' is less than a year old, and unlike Corrin, isn't owned by Nintendo
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 6:04 pm

Actually, further than that, it's been confirmed that he's going to work on a Wii U port of it. He just needs someone to actually code it since he doesn't know any programming languages.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 10:27 am

Wait, if he doesn't know programming than how in the F*** did he make the game?
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 10:41 am

Game maker
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 1:18 pm

So if this is gonna become the Undertale General let's just move this to spamboards
Back to top Go down
BeatBW
Level 1 CPU
BeatBW

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 9:22 am

Braystar wrote:
Kill Me Suicide is the only option now Kill Me

Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 881344446_quitgettingmad

Anyhow, even though I'm really into it, I'd say it might be a bit too early for any Undertale stuff. That said, I don't necessarily think that Undertale should be verboten on principle. It already seems to be demonstrating some significant staying power, and I don't think it's gonna be going outta style particularly soon, especially since Toby has hinted in the past that he might be doing more with Undertale as an IP in the future.

Really, my concern comes more from the fact that bringing both Undertale's massive rabid fanbase and equally rabid detractors into the world of SSBC would lead a horrific, endless tornado of shitposting that none of us would ever recover from. People are too quick to get really mad about Undertale, and other people are too quick to jump to it's defense.

i mean look at everything braystar has posted in this thread

If Undertale ever does get any representation, I think it'd be best to wait for things to cool off a bit. Ironically, giving people some time to forget Undertale exists is probably for the best here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next