Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 2:02 am

Hmm...maybe it should reset the damage afterall?
However, how should the move work in Stamina mode? Deplete all the HP with one "hit"?
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 10:54 am

Maybe Spare attacks don't do damage while non-Spare attacks reduce the Spare meter, but not by so much that you can't carefully rack up both damage and Spare points if you know what you're doing?
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 11:16 am

I don't really support Frisk, but if they were to get in I at least want them to have a a decent moveset. Too lazy to add percentages, but the LV increase level should give you an idea of how strong the move is.
My moveset:
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 12:14 pm

I like that moveset a lot! It's an interesting gimmick.
Back to top Go down
JaegerKrieg
Level 3 CPU
JaegerKrieg

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 6:42 pm

Hope Frisk gets in alongside Twilight Sparkle and Freddy Fazbear.

Pls no memegames on Crusade.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 6:45 pm

No. No. No. Stop. Leave this thread dead, please for the love of gaming stop.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 6:46 pm

JaegerKrieg wrote:

Stop
This thread has been ruined enough
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 8:57 pm

i didnt know you could call games you dont like memegames now damn
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 9:06 pm

JaegerKrieg wrote:

Here we go again lol

...Well that was my only comment, but in an attempt to post something substantial, I suppose I should say I don't quite support since Frisk's a fairly new character who's only been in one game. It's a very weak "no" though, and I may change my mind if his popularity remains high over time or if his game gets a sequel. I do think he has a lot of cool moveset potential.
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 9:59 pm

I support just because I don't really feel like waiting for the precise moment, but I do agree that he probably shouldn't get in immediately. He does need a bit of time to confirm he's not a flash in the pan, but I think it's unlikely he is.
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 10:51 pm

It seems I've stepped into a warzone of sorts. I'll just leave my moveset here and hope things work out.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 8:03 am

I kinda left this thread alone for a reason...
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 9:44 pm

...Sans would fit so much better tho
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 11:09 pm

But Sans is not the main protagonist.
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 11:24 pm

Yuffie would be a much better FF7 rep but you still have to put in the main character first

I'd also argue that Sans doesn't have nearly the variety of abilities Frisk has
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 7:13 am

Kzinssie wrote:
Yuffie would be a much better FF7 rep

I want what you're smoking
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 11:38 am

Gameplay-wise I think she'd fit far better

You can also replace her with Tifa or Cid and the point still stands
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 3:18 pm

Kzinssie wrote:

Literally who gives a shit gameplay-wise with YUFFIE
With Final Fantasy its completely about the character
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 3:39 pm

This is an Undertale Thread, y'know this right?
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 4:17 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:
This is an Undertale Thread, y'know this right?
This is one of the longest, most exhausting threads and most likely has set a record for the most pages with the least supporters, as well as being loaded for pages and pages with pointless memes and as you yourself said, this thread is one you left alone for a reason, so I don't see why you should care if we discuss another inclusion in this thread
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 4:42 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Kzinssie wrote:

Okay so Barret is the obvious choice

Cloud doesn't really have much in the way of characterization to begin with

My point is that, in terms of both gameplay and characterization, Cloud isn't the best choice from FF7, but Main Character Status means he's still the one to get in
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 5:19 pm

Kzinssie wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
Kzinssie wrote:

Okay so Barret is the obvious choice

Cloud doesn't really have much in the way of characterization to begin with

My point is that, in terms of both gameplay and characterization, Cloud isn't the best choice from FF7, but Main Character Status means he's still the one to get in
I would PERSONALLY choose Barrett cause he's my fav but you're out of your mind brother
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 7:18 pm

I'm saying he's not the choice because main character status trumps everything else. Just like how it means Frisk gets in over Sans or ASGORE.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 7:39 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
But Sans is not the main protagonist.

I remember when Kefka was seriously being considered for Crusade

come to think of it, so was Chocobo and Warrior of Light

none of these are technically the main characters, but rather the most recognizable of their respective titles

Sans is clearly the face of Undertale. Don't get me wrong, Frisk is a sweet kid, but Sans is far superior for not only abilities, but overall personality.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 8:31 pm

Well...another thing about Yuffie and Barret and whoever-else is that those characters are actually playable. That's more than you can say for Sans and Asgore, and on top of that, at least Sans appears a whole bunch of times throughout the game. Asgore doesn't, so no matter how you look at it, he...doesn't really make sense, honestly.
Now, Sans I could understand technically, and being playable is obviously not a requirement for inclusion (otherwise our cast of playable Zelda characters would consist only of Link, Toon Link, Tingle, Medli, Makar, and arguably...Toon Zelda as a phantom?), but still, that doesn't mean he should get in over the only playable character in the game (on the off-chance he were to get in, that is). Popularity trumps a lot, but not all.

That said though, still no support because...shoot me, I think his game is overrated (and yes, I've played through it twice, so you can't shoot me justifiably). But to that end, it's still just one (indie) game with no sequels, honestly. Popularity is literally all he's got going for him, really. Until he gets more actual relevance beyond that, his inclusion would feel like more of a sellout than anything. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but I must say it's annoying this thread hasn't died yet and is unsurprisingly controversial given Undertale is the topic.
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyWed May 18, 2016 12:27 am

KeybladePony wrote:
Sans is clearly the face of Undertale. Don't get me wrong, Frisk is a sweet kid, but Sans is far superior for not only abilities, but overall personality.

Disagree on most of this. Sans has more personality by default due to Frisk being a silent protagonist, but he has a much smaller variety of abilities due to only appearing as a single boss (on the route you're not "supposed" to do, by the by) and... I don't really think any one character is the face of Undertale tbh.

If Undertale had two characters I'd definitely go with Sans as the second choice tho
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyWed May 18, 2016 1:22 am

Kzinssie wrote:
KeybladePony wrote:

Disagree on most of this. Sans has more personality by default due to Frisk being a silent protagonist, but he has a much smaller variety of abilities due to only appearing as a single boss (on the route you're not "supposed" to do, by the by) and... I don't really think any one character is the face of Undertale tbh.

If Undertale had two characters I'd definitely go with Sans as the second choice tho

Sans has far more abilities than Little Mac did though

and Sakurai made Little Mac work

actually, I have an entire moveset made for sans, taunts, music, everything.
Back to top Go down
Broke The Screeen
Level 3 CPU
Broke The Screeen

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyWed May 18, 2016 4:25 am

I've seen better movesets on Deviantart tbh.
Yes, Deviantart.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyWed May 18, 2016 7:37 am

Honestly, now actually having bought and played through the entire game, I do actually want to remake this thread, and possibly in the far future do one on Asriel
Back to top Go down
AmareTSM

AmareTSM

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 EmptyWed May 18, 2016 7:53 am

DestinyIntwined wrote:
Honestly, now actually having bought and played through the entire game, I do actually want to remake this thread, and possibly in the far future do one on Asriel

Did you seriously make this thread for a game you hadn't bought or played.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal   Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Frisk (Undertale) Discussion: The Pacifist or The Genocidal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next