HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
madam im adam
Level 5 CPU

The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 7:38 pm

uuuuUUUUUUUGh
i left for two weeks for a camp thing that wasn't that great that i had to do with no internet
and i have to adjust to forums again
and adjusting to that is so harddddd because you have to wait for the crurently active threads to die down and new ones to get back up to be fresh
but whatever hello
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 9:19 pm

Welcome back Smile
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 9:26 pm

gerrrrrrrrn

I was wanderin where you were
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 9:32 pm

Hi and all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 3:27 am

Wb
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 8:12 am

wb generic

yeah there's a good reason i haven't gone to a summer camp in like 5 years
no internet makes sad
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Rosalinito
Level 3 CPU
Rosalinito

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 6:21 pm

Hey guys, I'm back.

Solid progress on SSBC as usual I see.
Also I'm extremely glad to see Snivy in the actual roster now, I remember when me and Excal talked about her... good times. Anyways. Can't wait to see more stuff for this.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 7:32 pm

Wow, long time no see, welcome back Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 9:41 pm

Hello there.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 10:12 pm

You know you haven't been to this forum since forever if Golden's April Fool's joke (Shake King avatar) is your current avatar. lol.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:32 am

LITO! HIYEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Back to top Go down
Equinox
Level 5 CPU
Equinox

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:11 pm

Feels like forever since I've been here. Can't wait to try v0.9 when it's released.

lol:
Back to top Go down
Rosalinito
Level 3 CPU
Rosalinito

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 11:47 am

Smash King wrote:

You know you haven't been to this forum since forever if Golden's April Fool's joke (Shake King avatar) is your current avatar. lol.
Awwjeez, I left way before that.
But it's good to be back, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 12:05 pm

oh wb litoyoshi I remember you
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 7:06 pm

I return from Pikmin 3
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:02 am

i may or may not be gone for approximately a week

wisdom teeth out monday ;;;;;;;;;; ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~;;;;;;;;;;

posting now just in case i forget tomorrow
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 6:19 am

I never thought I would do this, but I am. Long story short, I am leaving.

It is nobody on the forum's fault. It has nothing to do with the direction the game is taking. All I will say is that my life has fallen apart in many ways, and committing myself to making this game is a responsibility I just cannot handle at this time. I brought this upon myself, and now I'm taking my life back.

I am addicted to video games. I get restless when I'm not playing, and I have little interest in anything else. Being part of a community that allowed me to help make a game (a clone of one of my favorite games, at that) fed that addiction, so it seems. Because of my obsessive participation on this forum and video games in general, I have neglected everything else in my life for too long. This goes especially for my education.

And so it is with incredibly great sadness that I must resign from the Dev Team and the Balancing Team. I am also relinquishing the title of Head Back Roomer and would like for that honor to be returned to PH4, or whomever he sees fit for the role. I need to do this in order to straighten myself out, and when I change I may never come back. Or maybe I will, who knows. But right now, this is what I need to do for myself, and it is only fair to you guys that I say a proper goodbye. The amount of shame and regret I feel right now as I type this is overwhelming, but what really upsets me the most about leaving is the fact that I've let you all down in a way. I am going to miss all of you, except PH4 since he lives around the corner and Felipe because Felipe (had to throw in some humor, didn't I?). I may be gone, but I'll be a better person for it in the long run. And you can all add me on Facebook if you want to talk once in a while.

It was fun while it lasted, and I made some cool friends. In the words of a certain evil genius:

The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 Tumblr_m934q9w34v1rq8rwmo1_500
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:21 am

Hopefully, when you get things all situated and balanced in your life, you could come and visit us every once in a while. Other than that, goodbye. You will be missed.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:26 am

The problem's never the situation, it's how you handle it. You're handling it in a very mature and sensible way, so hats off to you. Good luck wherever life takes you.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 8:33 am

well see ya man
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 9:01 am

Farewell Mercury.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 9:09 am

I was trying to find one of my old "leaving" threads but apparently they were deleted rather than moved to trash. :T

This is a good decision for you to make, speaking from personal experience. That's basically how I am. For me it mostly started in middle school (around when Brawl came out) because I played video games after I got home as a form of "anger/stress relief" because I pretty much hated all but 8 people at my middle school and anyone I wasn't friends with was a bully. I also hit that point where I realized your middle school grades don't actually matter which didn't help either.
I didn't need to play video games for stress relief in Freshman or Sophomore years really because they were generally good years. I had an amazing girlfriend and my grades were pretty solid.
Then... I found Crusade in November of Sophomore year. My grades immediately began to plummet. I spent more and more time on the forum and playing the game, to the point where I would get home at 4PM, be on the forum for 6 hours, then start my homework at around 11 (there would be dinner somewhere in the mix).
It didn't get any better in Junior year, because along with spending a lot of time on Crusade (by that time I was a forum moderator and a bug tester for Falcon), I was thrown into a heavy depression because of a breakup. Video games were my distraction and coping method. I could only escape by throwing myself into another person in another world. When the whole dev team change happened, it only meant I would be committing even more time to the game (since, at the time, I was the only active admin who took care of the user-side of the forum). And again, my grades kept dropping. The worst grade I got on my whole high-school transcript came out of that Junior year. I still think the reason I did good in Senior year at all was because the teachers graded so easily, knowing most of us were already applying to (or accepted into) college and our senior grades wouldn't matter a whole lot.

However, I had an epiphany during Senior year. What if I turned this sort of thing into my career? I loved playing and making video games, so why not try and make a living out of it?
Now I'm going to college majoring in Computer Science and there's a whole list of game development classes for me to take in the future.

I guess what this sort of leads up to is, if you're "addicted" to video games like I am, then make something out of it. Take computer science classes at your school (they probably offer them) and see how you do. Let that feed your addiction rather than other games; think of it as the first step to learning to make games and you'll probably do well in it.
If you planned to do something entirely different for a career, then... iunno. :T
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 11:15 am

yo homes smell ya later

Dettadeus wrote:
*snip*
Listen to what he says, this is good advice.

Working in the field of computer science would probably be the most fruitful way to kick an electronic addiction, you'll be spending so much time slaving yourself in front of a screen that the last thing you will want to do when you pack up and go home is spend even more time in front of a screen (I hear the IT industry is terrible, though. I'd be wary about what you're getting yourself into)

Plus you'll make bankroll. You would have to be the Dalai Lama not to enjoy the sweet relief of fat stacks in your pocket.

I've never dealt with a gaming addiction per se (the only game I play lately is AC:NL and that's casual bullshit so it doesn't count), but in dealing with depression I seek escapism in music, literature and film so I know how difficult it is to shift your frame of mind back into reality. But you can do it, homes. I habeeb in you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 11:23 am

Farewell Merc. :'L
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 11:37 am

Well I wasn't expecting this. Good bye Mercury. Good luck.

*vulcan salute*
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 11:47 am

I really hope everything works out for you, man.
Happy trails.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
madam im adam
Level 5 CPU

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 12:45 pm

aw
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:16 pm

Dettadeus wrote:

I guess what this sort of leads up to is, if you're "addicted" to video games like I am, then make something out of it. Take computer science classes at your school (they probably offer them) and see how you do. Let that feed your addiction rather than other games; think of it as the first step to learning to make games and you'll probably do well in it.
If you planned to do something entirely different for a career, then... iunno. :T
I was actually considering that myself, but right now I'm going to be mostly doing liberal arts courses and required courses to get that out of the way (my first mistake was trying to pursue a music major before doing my requirements, now it's just my minor). Overall it is very good advice, and I learned that you and I aren't too different after all as far as our high school life is concerned. Thank you for your support.

BTW I'm not exactly in a depression, but I am pretty bummed out about all of this. I wonder how PH4 will react to all of this since he actually knows me.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 6:47 pm

This comes as no surprise to me. I'm just happy you're finally recognizing it openly and actively. Best of luck to you man, and don't forget, just because we smash a lot doesn't mean i can't hang out away from it. You know as well as anyone how extensive my social life is away from gaming
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 8:58 pm

Sayonara, Mercury. Go grab life by the balls and make it your bitch.

Just some Golden words of wisdom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread   The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

The "I'm Leaving/I'm Back" Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next