HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SSB4 General Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Blitz [BANNED]
Level 7 CPU

SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 4:33 pm

xXtyking1224Xx wrote:
Surprised no one has posted this, yet.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/super-smash-bros-characters-are-going-have-new-moves

So Sakurai is not only gonna be changing movesets, but he's gonna be adding new characters in SSB4 at the expense of cutting others.

Toon Link. I'll remember all the good times we had, but I guess it's time to bid you adieu.

MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
My Uncloning Wishes have become true!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:11 pm

Blitz n' Barrage wrote:
xXtyking1224Xx wrote:
Surprised no one has posted this, yet.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/super-smash-bros-characters-are-going-have-new-moves

So Sakurai is not only gonna be changing movesets, but he's gonna be adding new characters in SSB4 at the expense of cutting others.

Toon Link. I'll remember all the good times we had, but I guess it's time to bid you adieu.

MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
My Uncloning Wishes have become true!

Blitz has taken control over Sakurai! WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL COME OF THIS?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:15 pm

As long as Luigi is realitively unchanged, I will be fine.
Falco and Ganon can be changed as much as Sakurai wants.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 6:39 pm

If we were to get a roster that is less than Brawl or if any characters besides Toon Link get the axe, then the Smash-fan in me will die a bit inside Sad
Back to top Go down
xXtyking1224Xx
Level 5 CPU
xXtyking1224Xx

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 7:20 pm

Smash King wrote:

If we were to get a roster that is less than Brawl or if any characters besides Toon Link get the axe, then the Smash-fan in me will die a bit inside Sad

I actually thought about that, and so far, this applies only to the Wii U version (from what I heard, the person that reported the story could've screwed that detail up).

Starting to think that the 3DS version will be called Memories and it will have the cast from past Smash games, while the Wii U version has more newer characters.

Probably won't happen, though, since that Memories part was just a rumor, and most likely won't be true, which means I'll lose my previous Toon Link. :/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 8:34 pm

Octavio wrote:
It's a load of horsecrap.
People keep misinterpreting what Sakurai has said.

"It's fun making new moves for new characters."

Nowhere does this imply that the veterans are getting new moves, nor does it imply that characters are being replaced, yet misinterpretations are being tossed all around as fact. -_-

Until there is a real statement by Sakurai that says anything that article says, it's still horsecrap.

Sakurai has said nothing about there being less characters than Brawl.
Nor has he said there would be "many" Newcomers.

The only thing he said was the quote I have above: "It's fun making new moves for new characters."
People have misinterpreted the HELL out of it, when it's frigging clear as day; he's saying that he likes giving new characters new techniques.

EDIT: What's worse is that they're going by a source that claimed there wouldn't be any more than 35 characters by yet ANOTHER misinterpretation of what Sakurai said before, which was on the order of "we have probably already reached the limit of what’s feasible".

Face it, the internet articles these days are full of idiots that jump to conclusions and bs whatever they can in order to be known.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 8:56 pm

if only we had the dojo
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 10:38 pm

Guys nobody said anybody is getting cut.

It's just implied that we will get new characters in the game.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:16 pm

AEM wrote:
Guys nobody said anybody is getting cut.

It's just implied that we will get new characters in the game.

Im clearly aware of, yet its only just us hoping there are no cuts
Back to top Go down
Sharp Dressed Man
Level 2 CPU
Sharp Dressed Man

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 11:16 am

Octavio wrote:
The only thing he said was the quote I have above: "It's fun making new moves for new characters."
People have misinterpreted the HELL out of it, when it's frigging clear as day; he's saying that he likes giving new characters new techniques.

Am I the only one getting flashbacks from that time when he said "For the first time, you'll be able to see Brawl's new characters in action!" and people just assumed "OMG NEW CHARACTERS OUR BODIES ARE NOT READY!"?

I hope they do de-clone a number of the characters. Ganondorf whipping out his sword only to put it away and not use it seemed like a pointless tease.

Smash King wrote:
if only we had the dojo

Sadly that won't come for another few months. pale
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 1:40 pm

They had better use a Dojo, it updated just as I got out of bed, I've never been able to get out of bed so easily! I had crap internet at the time, so the page would load slowly and I'd look at the bottom of the page watching the names of the images that were loading fly by looking for clues. Then one day I saw an image loading called "characters/images/sonic/sonic.jpg" and I nearly jumped out of my seat in excitement.

So in other words, I'm all for the Dojo.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 1:55 pm

So far, development for SSB4 has been going for about 6 months up to this point. So hopefully a dojo is made soon
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 6:51 am

http://kotaku.com/5978270/

They heard "We won't hear any news until E3"

I heard "We'll hear news at E3"
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 7:22 am

http://kotaku.com/smash-bros-lead-developer-says-we-ll-be-seeing-new-vid-511620929

Uber-bump, but we'll need this thread again. They just confirmed we'll see gameplay in the conference, rather than just a cutscene reveal.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 5:44 pm

http://www.p4rgaming.com/namcos-influence-on-new-smash-bros-game-takes-place-17-years-after-brawl/
Back to top Go down
AceEliteMaster
Level 2 CPU

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 6:15 pm

Did you post that because you actually thought it's real, or so everyone can laugh at how fake it is?
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 6:23 pm

I'm just the messenger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 6:24 pm

NO MAN, PERSIAN OR GREEK NO MAN THREATENS A MESSENGER.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 1:13 am

Quote :
Sakurai has also answered questions on Twitter about the new game. When asked about any changes to the fighting mechanics, Sakurai responded, “After 17 years, the trip mechanic has evolved into trip combos.”

It even had me slightly concerned until that last bit.
Back to top Go down
M. Bison
Level 5 CPU
M. Bison

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 8:13 am

Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 8:35 am

Stages
Some kind of canyon with a river
Spirit Tracks Train (Toon Link as driver, hints of removal)
Some kind of medieval arena with a wooden structure
New (Mario?) stage with spikes raising from the ground
Nintendogs Stage, players crouching under blocks, possibly to avoid something
Some (Donkey Kong?) jungle level with an underground wheel, big scale, could possibly be story mode
Boxing Ring (Possibly Punch-Out)
Mega Man themed Dr. Wily stage

Characters
Villager Added
Mega Man Added
Pit uses new weapon, has an upwards dash
Donkey Kong's Up B on land seems to have forward momentum now
Pikachu can crawl, not sure if possible in Brawl
Yellow Devil from Mega Man, possible boss

I had a very close look at the trailer, this is all the new stuff I could spot.
Back to top Go down
M. Bison
Level 5 CPU
M. Bison

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 8:38 am

Ganon Fodder wrote:
Stages
Some kind of canyon with a river
Spirit Tracks Train (Toon Link as driver, hints of removal)
Some kind of medieval arena with a wooden structure
New (Mario?) stage with spikes raising from the ground
Nintendogs Stage, players crouching under blocks, possibly to avoid something
Some (Donkey Kong?) jungle level with an underground wheel, big scale, could possibly be story mode
Boxing Ring (Possibly Punch-Out)
Mega Man themed Dr. Wily stage

Characters
Villager Added
Mega Man Added
Pit uses new weapon, has an upwards dash
Donkey Kong's Up B on land seems to have forward momentum now
Pikachu can crawl, not sure if possible in Brawl
Yellow Devil from Mega Man, possible boss

I had a very close look at the trailer, this is all the new stuff I could spot.
There's also a Skyloft stage around 1:19
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 9:14 am

Mario's Up Smash doesn't enlarge his head anymore, either.
And yes Pikachu could crawl in Brawl, I believe.

And if you look around 0:44 on the Megaman trailer it might hint to the inclusion of visible battle damage which was cut from brawl.

And did anybody else like how Mario dropped coins everywhere when Megaman threw the saw at him? lul
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 9:16 am

Looking at the dojo, every character in their gallery has both Wii U screenshots and 3DS screenshots, except for Villager. Villager could possibly be a Wii U exclusive, but it's still way too freakin' early to be speculating crap like this I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Keven
Level 5 CPU
Keven

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 9:48 am

Only 2 new characters i was expecting 4-5 ( Like in the Brawl trailer ) but its ok The Skyloft Stage look like the Project M Skyloft . I also think that they sould not put 2 different Rosters because how do you play with all the character if Villager is only on Wii-U and exemple Chrom is on the 3DS i dont really want to buy both game to play a 1 or 2 character that i really like but we will see what happen in the future .
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 10:30 am

Anyone noticed that Bowser did a dropkick? lol
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 10:32 am

Hahaha, yeah. I figured it was in brawl though, I meant to check.

I also love Bowser's new artwork/color scheme.
http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/koopa/main.png

Last edited by Dustination on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 10:49 am

I was expecting Pac-Man in the debut trailer, but I'm sure he'll get in.

What I really want the most out of this Smash is a better stage builder. More parts to work with, setting custom spawn and respawn points, adjusting angles or platforms, no red blocks, able to create walkoffs and scrolling stages, and non-generic themes are the things I would LOVE to see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 11:51 am

That dropkick...lol

Anywho, I'm hyped for Villager. After seeing the balloon fight move...replace Balloon Fighter anyone?

If Megaman has a Shoryuken, can he have an Objection too please? ...please...
Back to top Go down
M. Bison
Level 5 CPU
M. Bison

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 11:58 am

Well this is.... unexpected
http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/11/4419904/wii-fit-trainer-also-coming-to-super-smash-bros
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

SSB4 General Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next