SSB4 General Discussion BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SSB4 General Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage

SSB4 General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 11:15 am

Self-explanatory.

Discuss general speculation for the upcoming Wii U title and its corresponding 3DS game.

Brof1st's desires~
  • Alternate costumes
  • Character-specific challenges
  • Improved physics
  • Omission of the story mode
  • Another special move, perhaps an aerial special?
  • DLC~!
  • Return of L-cancel and addition of other adv. techniques
  • Better online multiplayer with voice chat so I can cuss people out
  • Little Motherf. Mac

Last edited by Brovahkiin on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 11:49 am

I plan on making a SSB4 Checklist thread soon to where we can make a game of our expectations.

As for my personal wants, I want Mewtwo to come back, Shake King to be added, and actually decent online.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 12:14 pm

I dont even know what to speculate at this point with the so little info.

My personal wants

Characters: Toad, King K Rool, Midna, Ridley, Balloon Fighter, Duck Hunt Dog, Little Mac, Lip, Andy, Tom Nook, Starfy, Saki, Isaac, Krystal, Samurai Goroh, Meowth, Mewtwo, Roy, & Porky.

Stages that are less hazardless with platforms we can fight on.

Better online with leaderboards and player ID

Make characters and other unlockables more challenging.

Bring back Board The Platforms.

That's mainly it for me at this point.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:18 pm

Make it so that one can't unlock all the characters in under an hour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:28 pm

StayPuft wrote:
Unlocking everyone in Brawl takes forever without completing SSE.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:34 pm

Never heard of anyone beating SSE in under an hour. I thought it takes at least 8 hours to beat.

Anyways, any new rumors?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 4:42 pm

None as of yet.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 7:40 pm

CorporalJetblack wrote:
StayPuft wrote:
Unlocking everyone in Brawl takes forever without completing SSE.

Step 1, custom brawl.
Step 2, Flower on head.
Step 3, Stamina.
Step 4, set opponent to 1 HP.
Step 5, choose stage.
Step 6, win in under a second.
Step 7, Rinse and repeat until you have about 450 VS. matches, and all characters.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 8:18 pm

This thread is now the SSB4 Discussion thread. Talk about rumors, character chances, gameplay, features, speculations, etc.

So who do you guys feel had a good chance to the on the roster last year but has lost it's popularity and less of a chance since?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 8:38 pm

Definitely Isaac. Even with the release of Dark Dawn, Golden Sun has unfortunately almost faded into obscurity.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 8:49 pm

Though Isaac wasn't the star of Dark Dawn. We can't say its Isaac who lost his popularity. He still seems like a likeable candidate for SSB4. Perhaps one of the top few misc characters of Nintendo wanted for SSB4. I do think Dark Dawn sales and Japan not having the much fans of the series do effect it in some way.

I think Bowser Jr is starting to lose a bit of support. Toad supporters are growing more than ever. And Bowser Jr not appearing in Mario Kart 7 may effect him if he doesnt make another appearance any time soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:02 pm

I have severe doubts about a Golden Sun character.

Also, as much as I hate to admit, Daisy is looking more like a potential candidate, now with Bowser Jr. not being in 3D Land and MK7, as well as Waluigi not being in MK7.

Though, to be honest, she had more going for her than Waluigi. Namely popularity, appearances in non-spin off titles (even if it was just 1), and appearances in games in total.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:10 pm

It surprises me that Peach, Daisy, & Rosalina got into MK7 despite all 3 of them looking alike in some way.

And knowing Sakurai, if he was to put Daisy in, we will have a Luigi-fied version of Peach.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:15 pm

Somehow, I doubt that.

Most of Peach's techniques came from appearances she had, her personality, and overall her placement among the characters.

Daisy shares none of this. It would be Captain Ganon all over again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 5:25 am

My Wishlist
Another EarthBound rep, but that seems doubtful. NOA hates EarthBound, and it was never released in Europe.
The return of Mewtwo and Roy (Especialy if Roy has his yellow change)
Better Online.
Past stages from every SSB title (4 or so from SSB, 10 or so from Melee, and 14-16 from Brawl) Just you know so Fourside can be in. (FOURSIDE IS MY FAVORITE SSB STAGE OF ALL TIME.)
3 Classic Nintendo characters. I don't consider Pit retro anymore, because of KI:U, so we need a guy to replace his status as retro, and two more.
Less floaty.
DLC.
Return of the frigging Kirbycide. (I want the Project: M team to release Kirby, if he can Kirbycide)
A new moveset for Ganondorf, and Toon Link.
And NO SECOND REPS FOR EXISTING THIRD PARTY SERIES!!! (NO SHADOW)

Back to top Go down
Leo
Level 7 CPU
Leo

Link

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 5:57 am

I'd like:
Better balance in the characters. Brawl's was horrible.
Toon Link getting removed. Because I hate Link clones.
DLC.
Ganon using his sword for some attacks.
Ryu as Capcom's character in SSB4.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 7:38 am

I agree, but I don't think Sakurai would remove the Link clone. However, they could try and make him more unique.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Level 7 CPU
Leo

Link

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 9:42 am

BluePsychic wrote:
I agree, but I don't think Sakurai would remove the Link clone. However, they could try and make him more unique.
He should remove the Link clones, because it is getting a bit old. And Adult Link is always worse than his clones, it isn't fair.

Last edited by Strider Hiryu on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 10:07 am

I agree. Im tired of young/toon link, even though he is currently one of my mains. Two links is too much for me. I want a replacement for toon link for a character that is more original. I would take tingle over him. I hope adult link plays as good as toon link. Toon link is the only character I dont mind losing

Another thing, I feel that the nintendo wars series deserve at least one rep. That series has been through five console generations and probably every nintendo handheld. Its the only long recurring series to not have a rep yet. Bring in someone like andy, general herman, brigadier betty, or just an infantry and I will be happy. Though I do have my doubt we will get a rep since its often overlooked.

Tom nook is another one I want to see playable despite what sakurai thinks of it

Mewtwo and roy not being playable was the biggest disappointment for me out of everything else in brawl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:18 am

^This.
Mewtwo was one of my mains in Melee, and the lack of good hacks for him annoys me. Roy should come back, but I see it as this fro cut characters returning
Mewtwo>Roy>Dr. Mario>Pichu
Back to top Go down
Daw
Level 6 CPU
Daw

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:38 am

Strider Hiryu wrote:
BluePsychic wrote:
He sholud remove the Link clones, because it is getting a bit old.

THE LAST TIME TOON LINK ISN'T A CLONE.
His everything is different.
Maybe his animations are almost the same.

@Topic:
-Better online
-New characters: Isaac,Ghirahim,Mewtwo,etc.
-Past stages from 64,Melee and Brawl.
-New and better Masterpieces.
-No TRIPPING!
-More ATs.
-AT least,5-6 alternative costumes.

BluePsychic wrote:
Mewtwo>Roy>Dr. Mario>Pichu

Agreed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 12:04 pm

My charlie foxtrot of opinions on current topics:

Toon Link is too important to remove, having appeared in the most games of any incarnation of Link. I'll be content with his returning so long as they give him an original moveset.

I wouldn't expect a third Mother character. It's simply not very popular, and there are much more deserving series to have 3 representatives (e.g. Metroid)

I agree 100% with SK's comment on a Wars rep. I've been planning to make a moveset for Andy sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 8:40 pm

If Sakurai wants to represent the Wars series as a whole, maybe an Infantry would be the best choice
Back to top Go down
Leo
Level 7 CPU
Leo

Link

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:41 am

Griva wrote:
Strider Hiryu wrote:
BluePsychic wrote:
He should remove the Link clones, because it is getting a bit old.
FOR THE LAST TIME, TOON LINK ISN'T A CLONE.
Maybe Toon Link isn't AS clone as Young Link, but all his differences are only 6 attacks, it makes him a clone. Having different knockback and options on the same attacks doesn't mean that Toon Link isn't a clone.
Toon Link has appeared in more games, I know, but it is annoying to have a Link clone in every Smash Bros. game.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:42 am

For me, its not even the similarities of attacks Link & Young/Toon Link have. More like the character itself.

Even though Link & Toon Link come from different eras on the time line, making them different individuals. The issue is that both Links are identified as this "Hero Of Time" character, but in different eras and age. Pretty much its 2 individuals playing one character.

The thing I hate in Smash is that we have both Links when only 1 is only needed. Out of everyone in Brawl, Toon Link is the most unnecessary character in my opinion. Sure that would leave the Zelda series short a rep and the Wind Waker series have been an important aspect of the series, but still Toon Link is not needed. We could've had someone like Vaati to rep the Wind Waker series or no character at all and just have a stage based off the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 11:16 am

Toon Link is identified as the Hero of Wind, not the Hero of Time.
But yeah, I see where you're coming from.
Back to top Go down
Daw
Level 6 CPU
Daw

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:21 pm

A clone is when character B have almost all moves based on character A.
Y.Link,for example,don't use legs for areal attacks.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Level 7 CPU
Leo

Link

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:06 pm

Griva wrote:
A clone is when character B have almost all moves based on character A.
Y.Link,for example,don't use legs for areal attacks.
"Almost all" you just proved yourself wrong.
Because having 6 different attacks is totally considered non-clone.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:21 pm

Smashking, I respectfully disagree with you.

Link is usually never the same character in Zelda games and literally had no personality other then being very courageous. With the release of Wind Waker, that changed drastically. Toon Link was the first Link to have a personality that separated him from the rest. Also, like Bro said Toon Link isn't a Hero of Time, he's the Hero of Wind. Who successfully vanquished Ganondorf.  IIRC, Toon Link is the only Link killed Ganondorf, so he has that to back him up. If anything thy should work on Decloning him some more.
Back to top Go down
ensane

ensane

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 3:23 pm

Ugh, this is just like the bomb thing on the other forum -_-
As I posted there, they less than half of their movesets are cloned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

SSB4 General Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next