Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 11:22 pm

Keybladeguy wrote:

For the Wolf part I was being sarcastic, I thought that was obvious :/

As for your point on Marth/Lucas/Shulk, with the first two their games HAD NOT BEEN RELEASED AT ALL IN THE WEST AT TIME OF INCLUSION.

Shulk's game had been out for years. I knew what it was long before Smash. It was a cult classic, like EarthBound.
I can only understand spoken Sarcasm. It's hard to hear the tone of text. I also thought you meant "before" 

With Marth, he wasn't out of Japan, and Nintendo of America originally didn't want Marth (and by extension Roy) in Melee, but they eventually became interested in the 2. As they were the first 2 Fire Emblem characters seen by a lot of people, I would count that as publicity, which is just another word for Promoting. You could say that without that minor decision, Fire Emblem may have ended up as a hidden gem.

People are still asking for Mother 3 to be released outside of Japan, and, if I recall, he was released as DLC at the same time as Mother/Earthbound Beginnings became available in the US, though this could be more of a coincidence.

Like I said. A lot of people haven't heard of Shulk, just like a lot haven't heard of Ness, Captain Falcon, Marth, Roy, Lucas, and Corrin (before their inclusion in Smash). You even said it yourself. It is a "Cult Classic." A good, though very obscure game.

Personally, I don't entirely care if a character is added for promotion if the character is fun or different. The problem I have with Corrin in Smash 4 is that we already had one FE DLC character.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 11:42 am

Man, this thread sure is corny.
Back to top Go down
SageHarpuiaJDJ

SageHarpuiaJDJ

PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 7:29 am

^Bad joke. Go to your room. Kappa

After a little browsing here and there, I can honestly say, imo, that Corrin is now obscure in the Sm4sh scene. Robin, even Lucina, is being played more and you barely hear about Corrin. He's/She's now in the same boat as DHD/Lucas/Jiggs in terms of popularity. Which sucks considering that he/she is actually fun to watch. So if crusade decides on adding between Robin or Corrin, Robin would more likely be the popular choice, and considering how picky people are with reps, there's not a strong chance that we're gonna be both.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 8:46 am

I guess I am lucky to have a friend that almost exclusively used Corrin then. I'm not picky when it comes to choosing representatives as long as the main character(s) are in, which makes Fire Emblem a unique case. It doesn't really have 1 or 2 "Main Characters" as far as my knowledge. While I wouldn't take away Corrin's chance in Crusade, I would probably put him behind Robin, Ike, and possibly Roy (<-- Biased there  Neutral)

Edit: Decided to mess around using Corrin, and I don't mind the moveset, though there are still plenty of others placed above him/her
Back to top Go down
thebigguy270
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2019 5:10 pm

Support. They're one of the few FE characters that aren't Marth clones.

If Corrin is to be included, it should be the female version, just to save sprite work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3