Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dustination



  Mach Rider
  2808
  Dustination

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 12:54 pm

Discuss whether or not you think Corrin should be added to Super Smash Bros. Crusade.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

  1244

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 1:36 am

Corrin should not have been in Smash 4, but Corrin needs to be in Crusade, using his Smash 4 moveset.
And no, there are no errors in my sentence.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

  Geno
  1379

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 9:09 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Corrin should not have been in Smash 4, but Corrin needs to be in Crusade, using his Smash 4 moveset.
And no, there are no errors in my sentence.
Why though lmao.

Seperate from my response to Trinitro; If Corrin gets in I'll be sad.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

  2277
  ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 9:11 am

If Corrin gets in it'll be bore-in.
Back to top Go down
Azure_Raven
Level 4 CPU


  Mr. Game & Watch
  103

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 9:14 am

I honestly think Corrin SHOULDN'T be in Crusade. My reasoning isn't because there's too many Fire Emblem characters in Smash, but because there are better choices for a Fire Emblem rep. Robin, Ike, Lucina (maybe), Anna are some examples. Plus, even if we choose to go with a Fire Emblem: Fates rep, it doesn't have to be the main character. Azura/Aqua could be a potential candidate for various reasons:
- She is a songtress, something not yet incorporated in Smash or Crusade, according to my knowledge.
- Her main weapon is a spear, compared to Corrin's sword, something often overused in fighting games.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

  1244

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 11:45 am

Lego Shaq wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
Corrin should not have been in Smash 4, but Corrin needs to be in Crusade, using his Smash 4 moveset.
And no, there are no errors in my sentence.
Why though lmao.

Seperate from my response to Trinitro; If Corrin gets in I'll be sad.
While I do like Corrin, I think he should have been saved for Smash 5 instead.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

  337

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 1:16 am

Please, stop this hatemongerism to this character...

Since he/she was confirmed to SSB4, I heard no more but just only prejudicious comments about him/her...

I know it, there are too much characters of Fire Emblem in SSB4, and it's somewhat bad that Sakurai gives more preference to this saga, rather than adding more characters from other Nintendo franchises (like Super Mario, Donkey Kong Country, Legend Of Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Super Star, Star Fox, Pokémon, F-ZERO, EarthBound, etc.), or even another franchises who don't have any rep. (like Golden Sun, Custom Robo, etc.)...However, I think Corrin Knight is very original due to the fact he/she can transform temporally in a dragon, and mixing both styles give him/her an unique fighting style.

So, I'm not affraid of saying that I support this character for the game...
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

  2277
  ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 3:58 am

Any newcomer over Corrin could have a good moveset.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

  1244

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 4:49 am

Well, I also support Corrin for Crusade.
Again, for Crusade. Not for Smash 4.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

  Geno
  1379

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 9:17 am

MarioStrikerMurphy1994 wrote:
Please, stop this hatemongerism to this character...

Since he/she was confirmed to SSB4, I heard no more but just only prejudicious comments about him/her...

I know it, there are too much characters of Fire Emblem in SSB4, and it's somewhat bad that Sakurai gives more preference to this saga, rather than adding more characters from other Nintendo franchises (like Super Mario, Donkey Kong Country, Legend Of Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Super Star, Star Fox, Pokémon, F-ZERO, EarthBound, etc.), or even another franchises who don't have any rep. (like Golden Sun, Custom Robo, etc.)...However, I think Corrin Knight is very original due to the fact he/she can transform temporally in a dragon, and mixing both styles give him/her an unique fighting style.

So, I'm not affraid of saying that I support this character for the game...
Nope I'll hate on Corrin as much as I want

Sounds childish, but it's true. A 6th Fire Emblem rep, and our only first party newcomer, is a character from a game not even released in the USA.

So no, I will not stop the "hatemongerism". Even though I don't really hate on Corrin that much now, I still am very dissatisfied with their inclusion.

Slissith wrote:
Any newcomer over Corrin could have a good moveset.
Also this
Back to top Go down
SageHarpuiaJDJ

SageHarpuiaJDJ

  52

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 9:38 am

Corrin would be a pain in the ass to sprite tbh.

Also, as someone who actually likes Corrin, I'd like to see other lords Like Lyn, Eirika, or Hector get a rep. So I don't think he/she should be in.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

  PAC-MAN
  689

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 10:08 am

I'll just let the Devs and the FE fans sort it out. Just, for the love of good things, keep the number of FE reps below 6. I'd say 3-4 reps max.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

  1244

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:58 pm

SageHarpuiaJDJ wrote:
Also, as someone who actually likes Corrin, I'd like to see other lords Like Lyn, Ephraim, or Hector get a rep.
Fixed.
Nothing against Eirika, but Ephraim is a spear user, and Fire Emblem really needs a spear user as a rep.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

  Gooey
  1750

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:59 pm

I guess I will share my opinion on Corrin in Crusade.

No thanks
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

  Waluigi
  1231
  N/A

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 8:34 pm

No. Short and sweet of it
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

  Ganondorf
  421
  Athorment

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 10:39 am

lmao, all these people left with unsavory tastes from the Final smash presentation....
"Disatisfied" with his inclussion on Sm4sh? What does that have to do with Crusade?
Support him for Crusade if he is unique enough, not because "There are better choices". Under that logic... why should we get "Insert X FE rep here" if there are better choices than a FE rep altogether? "There are Better choices" is such a subjective and opinionated statement that provides little to nothing to this discussion.

Slissith wrote:
Any newcomer over Corrin could have a good moveset.
Objectively speaking? Hardly....
-Corrin: Sword slashes, Spear arm, dragon wings, claw/bite thing, water projectile, Full body transformation.
-Hector: Uses Axes.... maybe some punches and kicks.... Basically Ike with an Axe and more armor.
-Lyn: Sword slashes... but in a katana style. Bow & arrow. I support Lyn more (and takamaru) because of this different sword technique.
-King K. Rool: He... punches/Claws like bowser, boxing gloves like little mac and villager, Could use the crown like Peach (and if it's the boomerang thing like Link, that's not any better), You could add his pirate gun and scientific backpack to make him "different" and that's pushing the good ol' crocks luck. He barely ties at best with Corrin's moveset.
-Rock: Rolls around... and rolls around... and rolls around. You did say "Any newcomer" Razz

Fun Fact: It's fine to dislike Corrin, but it's funny how him and Lucina get the most hate. Even Dark Pit has more support and Squirtle/Ivysaur have No Hate at all (Even though ivysaur's discussion was empty). Imo any character can be worked around with, it's just an issue of objectively seeing what they can provide to crusade and a Dragon-transforming chainsaw sword user just brings more to the table than "fan favorite" lords of old.

Support for Corn! o/
- Unlike any other FE rep, Corrin has a dragon transformation that makes him/her more unique than "Lord that uses X weapon and that's it".
- Corrin can transform their arm into a spear for Side Smash. Woop woop, goodbye ephraim and other humanoid spear users.

_________________
lego shaq wrote:
look without "BUT X CHARACTER NEEDS TO BE IN FIRST" goggles.

Athorment wrote:
Those "More deserving ones" will get votes regardless of circumstances, so i suggest supporting who you want in regardless of popularity

Crusade Wishlist::
 

Returning Veteran Wishlist::
 
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

  Waluigi
  1231
  N/A

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 3:22 pm

We don't like Corrin because he/she is only put in for promotion. The game's not even in the f*cking west. If it was, people wouldn't be as pissed.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

  337

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 5:09 pm

Athorment wrote:
lmao, all these people left with unsavory tastes from the Final smash presentation....
"Disatisfied" with his inclussion on Sm4sh? What does that have to do with Crusade?
Support him for Crusade if he is unique enough, not because "There are better choices". Under that logic... why should we get "Insert X FE rep here" if there are better choices than a FE rep altogether? "There are Better choices" is such a subjective and opinionated statement that provides little to nothing to this discussion.

Slissith wrote:
Any newcomer over Corrin could have a good moveset.
Objectively speaking? Hardly....
-Corrin: Sword slashes, Spear arm, dragon wings, claw/bite thing, water projectile, Full body transformation.
-Hector: Uses Axes.... maybe some punches and kicks.... Basically Ike with an Axe and more armor.
-Lyn: Sword slashes... but in a katana style. Bow & arrow. I support Lyn more (and takamaru) because of this different sword technique.
-King K. Rool: He... punches/Claws like bowser, boxing gloves like little mac and villager, Could use the crown like Peach (and if it's the boomerang thing like Link, that's not any better), You could add his pirate gun and scientific backpack to make him "different" and that's pushing the good ol' crocks luck. He barely ties at best with Corrin's moveset.
-Rock: Rolls around...  and rolls around... and rolls around. You did say "Any newcomer" Razz

Fun Fact: It's fine to dislike Corrin, but it's funny how him and Lucina get the most hate. Even Dark Pit has more support and Squirtle/Ivysaur have No Hate at all (Even though ivysaur's discussion was empty). Imo any character can be worked around with, it's just an issue of objectively seeing what they can provide to crusade and a Dragon-transforming chainsaw sword user just brings more to the table than "fan favorite" lords of old.

Support for Corn! o/
- Unlike any other FE rep, Corrin has a dragon transformation that makes him/her more unique than "Lord that uses X weapon and that's it".
- Corrin can transform their arm into a spear for Side Smash. Woop woop, goodbye ephraim and other humanoid spear users.

I agree with you, my friend.

I support also to K.Rool and Lyn. They could be nice additions.

And, about Corrin, it's true. Since he/she was confirmed for the game, I heard no more but so much prejudicious comments about him/her, instead being objective and saying positive stuff about his/her originality in battle.

Finally, the first one I found who supports Corrin for Crusade, aside me XD
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

  Ganondorf
  421
  Athorment

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 5:54 pm

Braystar wrote:
We don't like Corrin because he/she is only put in for promotion. The game's not even in the f*cking west. If it was, people wouldn't be as pissed.

Your anger and distate for the character being "Promotional propaganda" means nothing to the character itself.
If you want to be hateful then go ahead, it's your liberty to do so... but your argument in no way served as a counter to everything I stated.
Like it or not, Corrin is actually up there in originality besides Robin. Plus, if Corrin Does join Crusade, we wont see them playable until both their smash AND canon game debut.
The corrin situation is funny to me because this is the Roy treatment all over again... and people sure do love their semi-clone Roy, don't they?
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
Slissith

Slissith

  2277
  ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 7:09 pm

Athorment wrote:

Objectively speaking? Hardly....
-Corrin: Sword slashes, Spear arm, dragon wings, claw/bite thing, water projectile, Full body transformation.
-Hector: Uses Axes.... maybe some punches and kicks.... Basically Ike with an Axe and more armor.
-Lyn: Sword slashes... but in a katana style. Bow & arrow. I support Lyn more (and takamaru) because of this different sword technique.
-King K. Rool: He... punches/Claws like bowser, boxing gloves like little mac and villager, Could use the crown like Peach (and if it's the boomerang thing like Link, that's not any better), You could add his pirate gun and scientific backpack to make him "different" and that's pushing the good ol' crocks luck. He barely ties at best with Corrin's moveset.
-Rock: Rolls around...  and rolls around... and rolls around. You did say "Any newcomer" Razz

Allow me to clarify. Adding Corrin solely because of his moveset potential makes no sense, because there are newcomers that not only have equally good or even better moveset, but who also are important to nintendo, more important to gaming itself, more iconic etc etc.

Of course Corrin is a better choice than say, Hector. But at this point both characters are a pretty bad choice. Corrin is a swordfighter with gimmicks so of course he is more interesting than Hector, but that's mostly because we already have FE lords with a weapon.

Instead of adding Corrin, why not add Shulk, King K. Rool, Pit, Villager etc etc?

There simply are so many better choices than Corrin.

And most of those characters have/could have a good moveset anyway, negating the main arguement for Corrin.

Also Kind K. Rool's potential is nowhere near what you percieve it to be. Not to mention he's far more important and long overdue for either Crusade or Smash 4.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

  Waluigi
  1231
  N/A

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 7:14 pm

Rickety Rickety REKTED
Back to top Go down
deepstate
Level 3 CPU
deepstate

  94

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 7:18 pm

i'd say wait until corrin has been out long enough to have had a reliable positive/negative response from the general smash community - no reason to bend over backwards developing something you don't know is worth it

while reception towards the new FE as a game is mostly lukewarm the character in smash could be an unexpected hit with players thanks to mechanics or playstyle. if there's a demand for them in crusade as a result, might as well throw them in.

if representation is the dealbreaker then yeah definitely pick someone from a better FE game
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

  Gooey
  1750

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 7:20 pm

your goth gf wrote:
i'd say wait until corrin has been out long enough to have had a reliable positive/negative response from the general smash community - no reason to bend over backwards developing something you don't know is worth it

while reception towards the new FE as a game is mostly lukewarm the character in smash could be an unexpected hit with players thanks to mechanics or playstyle. if there's a demand for them in crusade as a result, might as well throw them in.

if representation is the dealbreaker then yeah definitely pick someone from a better FE game

THIS
Back to top Go down
SageHarpuiaJDJ

SageHarpuiaJDJ

  52

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 8:28 pm

Slissith wrote:
Athorment wrote:

Objectively speaking? Hardly....
-Corrin: Sword slashes, Spear arm, dragon wings, claw/bite thing, water projectile, Full body transformation.
-Hector: Uses Axes.... maybe some punches and kicks.... Basically Ike with an Axe and more armor.
-Lyn: Sword slashes... but in a katana style. Bow & arrow. I support Lyn more (and takamaru) because of this different sword technique.
-King K. Rool: He... punches/Claws like bowser, boxing gloves like little mac and villager, Could use the crown like Peach (and if it's the boomerang thing like Link, that's not any better), You could add his pirate gun and scientific backpack to make him "different" and that's pushing the good ol' crocks luck. He barely ties at best with Corrin's moveset.
-Rock: Rolls around...  and rolls around... and rolls around. You did say "Any newcomer" Razz

Allow me to clarify. Adding Corrin solely because of his moveset potential makes no sense, because there are newcomers that not only have equally good or even better moveset, but who also are important to nintendo, more important to gaming itself, more iconic etc etc.

Of course Corrin is a better choice than say, Hector. But at this point both characters are a pretty bad choice. Corrin is a swordfighter with gimmicks so of course he is more interesting than Hector, but that's mostly because we already have FE lords with a weapon.

Instead of adding Corrin, why not add Shulk, King K. Rool, Pit, Villager etc etc?

There simply are so many better choices than Corrin.

And most of those characters have/could have a good moveset anyway, negating the main arguement for Corrin.

Also Kind K. Rool's potential is nowhere near what you percieve it to be. Not to mention he's far more important and long overdue for either Crusade or Smash 4.

This is a good point and why I like you.

your goth gf wrote:
i'd say wait until corrin has been out long enough to have had a reliable positive/negative response from the general smash community - no reason to bend over backwards developing something you don't know is worth it

while reception towards the new FE as a game is mostly lukewarm the character in smash could be an unexpected hit with players thanks to mechanics or playstyle. if there's a demand for them in crusade as a result, might as well throw them in.

if representation is the dealbreaker then yeah definitely pick someone from a better FE game
I agree with this as well.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

  Gooey
  1750

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 8:30 pm

I've been wanting to call him Corwin ever since his name was revealed.

I know this has nothing to do about anything.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

  Geno
  1379

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 8:43 pm

Athorment wrote:
lmao, all these people left with unsavory tastes from the Final smash presentation....
"Disatisfied" with his inclussion on Sm4sh? What does that have to do with Crusade?
Support him for Crusade if he is unique enough, not because "There are better choices". Under that logic... why should we get "Insert X FE rep here" if there are better choices than a FE rep altogether? "There are Better choices" is such a subjective and opinionated statement that provides little to nothing to this discussion.

Slissith wrote:
Any newcomer over Corrin could have a good moveset.
Objectively speaking? Hardly....
-Corrin: Sword slashes, Spear arm, dragon wings, claw/bite thing, water projectile, Full body transformation.
-Hector: Uses Axes.... maybe some punches and kicks.... Basically Ike with an Axe and more armor.
-Lyn: Sword slashes... but in a katana style. Bow & arrow. I support Lyn more (and takamaru) because of this different sword technique.
-King K. Rool: He... punches/Claws like bowser, boxing gloves like little mac and villager, Could use the crown like Peach (and if it's the boomerang thing like Link, that's not any better), You could add his pirate gun and scientific backpack to make him "different" and that's pushing the good ol' crocks luck. He barely ties at best with Corrin's moveset.
-Rock: Rolls around...  and rolls around... and rolls around. You did say "Any newcomer" Razz

Fun Fact: It's fine to dislike Corrin, but it's funny how him and Lucina get the most hate. Even Dark Pit has more support and Squirtle/Ivysaur have No Hate at all (Even though ivysaur's discussion was empty). Imo any character can be worked around with, it's just an issue of objectively seeing what they can provide to crusade and a Dragon-transforming chainsaw sword user just brings more to the table than "fan favorite" lords of old.

Support for Corn! o/
- Unlike any other FE rep, Corrin has a dragon transformation that makes him/her more unique than "Lord that uses X weapon and that's it".
- Corrin can transform their arm into a spear for Side Smash. Woop woop, goodbye ephraim and other humanoid spear users.

There are INDEED better choices. And who said they were Fire Emblem reps, hm? And it does provide quite a bit to the discussion, because there are indeed better choices. Let me list some.

K. Rool: He can combine his crown, boxing, his cannon, his backpack, electricity, he'd be an absolutely fun wild card character. Meanwhile, Corrin is a swordfighter but then he becomes a dragon. Corrin has a unique moveset, yes, but K. Rool has just as much potential as he does.
And not only moveset-wise, which seems to be all you're thinking here, but K. Rool should be in because of how iconic he is, his explosive popularity, tons of support, just..he's got everything, and Corrin has basically nothing except being a Smash vet.

Paper Mario: Hammer, partners, badges, twirling, jumping, transformation abillities, Stylish gimmick, footstool damage. 2D abillities...and yet again Corrin is swordfighter dragon. Swordfighter dragon or Paper Mario? You decide.
And besides the moveset, Paper Mario has done so much for Nintendo with universally loved games, and I don't feel the need to say much more on why he needs to be in.

Inkling: Various weapons, ink gimmick, squid transformation, special weapon attacks, grenades, and more. Corrin, must I say it again, dragon swordfighter
Inkling is Nintendo's biggest "new" IP in years, it's been an absolute hit, and it's obvious it'll be a part of Nintendo for a long time.

There's 3 characters that could tie and beat Corrin at the whole moveset thing, and easily at the character thing.

As Sliss said, judging only on moveset is a terribly poor thing to do.

Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

  Ganondorf
  421
  Athorment

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 9:30 pm

Good! Finally getting arguments into the discussion beyond "I hate them. their game isn't even out yet"!

The first part was more focused in FE since there were people who believed Hector or Ephraim "should be taking" Corrin's "Spot". Now that this was proved and agreed upon we can focus on the dragon lord themselves and not other FE people maybe?

Slissith wrote:
there are newcomers that not only have equally good or even better moveset, but who also are important to nintendo, more important to gaming itself, more iconic etc etc.
Lego Shaq wrote:
As Sliss said, judging only on moveset is a terribly poor thing to do.

Yes, Agreed. Corrin is unique enough to be up there in terms of moveset to other popular choices like King K. Rool and Paper Mario.
While not as iconic as them in terms of longevity and Nostalgia, Corrin IS pretty iconic and relevant in the context of Fire Emblem. So the issue of the discussion seems to have switched up to the bane of many other "Newcomer options" and that is: Popularity and representation numbers.

Corrin's reveal for sm4sh definitively has left a pretty sour taste on many people, so that will still have to wait until the character is out to see if the general opinion on the community changes.

As for representation numbers... the more supported FE reps seem to be Marth, Ike and Robin (with Roy having opinions all over the place on if they should declone him further or not). 3-4 reps might be a decent number for Fire Emblem though i would personally add one more if they are unique enough (Lyn and Corrin are my candidates)
Paper Mario would add the 6th Mario character (this not counting Waluigi nor the possible push for Rosalina & Bowser Jr.) so that's one you can drop the "Over represented" argument on. King K. Rool and Diddy Kong would make the DK reps up to 3 while the Inklings would be adding their franchise.

However, Right now it's still too early to assume that any character would take "another's spot". That somehow adding Corrin means no King K. Rool or Wolf (Which is part of why people are so sour about their inclusion on sm4sh).
Sure, they can't add every single character into crusade, but we don't have a definitive number of spots either.
It all falls down to what people want to see and it's clear the general conscensus is against Corrin's inclusion. Me? I'm still going to support the characters i like, which includes Corrin, King K. Rool, Inkling, Paper Mario and many others.

_________________
lego shaq wrote:
look without "BUT X CHARACTER NEEDS TO BE IN FIRST" goggles.

Athorment wrote:
Those "More deserving ones" will get votes regardless of circumstances, so i suggest supporting who you want in regardless of popularity

Crusade Wishlist::
 

Returning Veteran Wishlist::
 
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

  Geno
  1379

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 9:39 pm

Athorment wrote:
Good! Finally getting arguments into the discussion beyond "I hate them. their game isn't even out yet"!

The first part was more focused in FE since there were people who believed Hector or Ephraim "should be taking" Corrin's "Spot". Now that this was proved and agreed upon we can focus on the dragon lord themselves and not other FE people maybe?

Slissith wrote:
there are newcomers that not only have equally good or even better moveset, but who also are important to nintendo, more important to gaming itself, more iconic etc etc.
Lego Shaq wrote:
As Sliss said, judging only on moveset is a terribly poor thing to do.

Yes, Agreed. Corrin is unique enough to be up there in terms of moveset to other popular choices like King K. Rool and Paper Mario.
While not as iconic as them in terms of longevity and Nostalgia, Corrin IS pretty iconic and relevant in the context of Fire Emblem. So the issue of the discussion seems to have switched up to the bane of many other "Newcomer options" and that is: Popularity and representation numbers.

Corrin's reveal for sm4sh definitively has left a pretty sour taste on many people, so that will still have to wait until the character is out to see if the general opinion on the community changes.

As for representation numbers... the more supported FE reps seem to be Marth, Ike and Robin (with Roy having opinions all over the place on if they should declone him further or not). 3-4 reps might be a decent number for Fire Emblem though i would personally add one more if they are unique enough (Lyn and Corrin are my candidates)
Paper Mario would add the 6th Mario character (this not counting Waluigi nor the possible push for Rosalina & Bowser Jr.) so that's one you can drop the "Over represented" argument on. King K. Rool and Diddy Kong would make the DK reps up to 3 while the Inklings would be adding their franchise.

However, Right now it's still too early to assume that any character would take "another's spot". That somehow adding Corrin means no King K. Rool or Wolf (Which is part of why people are so sour about their inclusion on sm4sh).
Sure, they can't add every single character into crusade, but we don't have a definitive number of spots either.
It all falls down to what people want to see and it's clear the general conscensus is against Corrin's inclusion. Me? I'm still going to support the characters i like, which includes Corrin, King K. Rool, Inkling, Paper Mario and many others.
You have a very skewed definition of iconic. Please define your definition of it for me. Not trying to be rude, but Corrin is in no way iconic.

Over represented? Uh, you know Mario's kinda like the most famous gaming series of all time and Nintendo's mascot and best selling series? Don't think overreppings a problem there

Though I'm glad you're able to see my viewpoints. I've had nasty arguments about Smash but you're pretty nice about it. So thank you.
Back to top Go down
Dustination



  Mach Rider
  2808
  Dustination

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 9:41 pm

I want to post my thoughts from a fan standpoint, it's not exactly a secret but as of this post we have not discussed the potential inclusion of either Corrin or Bayonetta for the roster.

The main issues brought up with Corrin are as follows: Too many Fire Emblem characters, obvious FE Fates promotion... And I guess some people are shitting on their moveset? Weird. There's also the fact that he was the only first party newcomer, which I agree was dumb, but that doesn't really apply here.

My issue with them is not the choice of character nor the blatant advertising, but the series representation. It's been done to death by now but Fire Emblem has too many characters in Smash 4. I guess you could say that my problem isn't with Corrin, but with Roy. A second Marth clone (Don't even try and pull that semi-clone bullshit on me) on top of one of if not the worst lord in the franchise: beloved by and almost entirely by the Smash community because of his Melee veteran status. Let me remind you that Roy was as much of an advertisement as it gets (The game wasn't released anywhere, as opposed to Fates already being released in Japan.) on top of being a clone character. Corrin is completely unique, I'd go as far as to say the most unique Fire Emblem character, rivaled only by Robin.

By the time Corrin would be finished for Crusade, Fates would have already been released for a fairly lengthy amount of time worldwide. So go ahead and throw that "too soon" argument out the window. As for series representation, well, that's for me to know and for you to find out. All in all, do I think Corrin was a bad choice for Smash 4? Yes. Would he be a bad choice for Crusade? Not necessarily. It's the circumstances surrounding their inclusion that is garnering all the hate, not the character, from what I've seen. And those circumstances just do not exist in the same way for Crusade as they do for Sm4sh.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Gomamon
Level 1 CPU
Gomamon

  9

Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 3:20 am

This is a solid argument !


I haven't played much FE games but I'm pretty sure we can find a unique moveset on a more iconic character than Roy. It has been done with Robin for example!

Lucina current moveset is pretty lackluster in sm4sh imo, so if she's to come in crusade, I hope she gets an actual new moveset rather than being a bad Marth copycat (his tipper is like his selling point, removing it makes for a bland character; at least Roy uses an inverse mechanic, making him a more interesting clone).

_________________
More data!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Corrin [Fire Emblem] Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Fire 2.2 xTreme
» Fire 1.4/Fire xTreme?
» New compile; Fire 2.2 INF DTU
» New compile; Fire-G 1.13 x64
» komodo 3 x64 vs. Fire 2.2 xTreme x64

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Crusade Community ::  :: Character Discussion :: Unofficial Characters :: Smash Veterans-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com