Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 1:04 pm

Discuss whether or not you think Roy should be added to Super Smash Bros. Crusade.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 5:17 pm

Roy better be in this game.

I'd prefer the Smash U moveset, but perhaps it can be expanded upon... he does have a projectile in FE6, after all.
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 5:19 pm

I'd like Roy to be in this game, but I'd love it if he was even further decloned from Marth compared to Sm4sh. Just keep his sm4sh up special for the love of all that is good.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 5:24 pm

I don't really want Roy in. There's many other more unique Fire Emblem characters not yet in Smash we could include in Crusade to make the roster much more unique.

And let's face it; Roy is a clone, in some degree, of Marth. He's like Lucas to Ness, to Marth.

We could have a much more unique Fire Emblem roster that doesn't include a semiclone of Marth.

But I mean, overall he's not a super terrible pick. I just think he shouldn't be in unless he's REALLY decloned.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 5:37 pm

If you're a Fire Emblem fan then you know Roy is one of if not the worst lord in the series
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 5:43 pm

I've only ever played two fire emblem games, neither to completion so I wouldn't really know.

I just know him from Melee and 4.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 6:54 pm

Dustination wrote:
If you're a Fire Emblem fan then you know Roy is one of if not the worst lord in the series
He's the worst lord without the Sword of Seals. Luckily, in Smash, he has the Sword of Seals.

Also, canon strength means nothing. Ganondorf ends up being on the lower tiers in the official titles, for example.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 6:59 pm

Personally I believe that Roy, Ike, Lyn, and Robin could be the FE roster. Just declone Roy like Lucas or Pichu.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 7:39 pm

Roy wrote:
Dustination wrote:
He's the worst lord without the Sword of Seals. Luckily, in Smash, he has the Sword of Seals.

Also, canon strength means nothing. Ganondorf ends up being on the lower tiers in the official titles, for example.
Who said he meant strength?
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 7:46 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Personally I believe that Roy, Ike, Lyn, and Robin could be the FE roster. Just declone Roy like Lucas or Pichu.

I agree with you. I recently gave some ideas for de-clone Lucina; so, now, I'm coming with Roy.

Here are some of my ideas:

-Neutral Special: Flare Blade: Roy charges his sword, and throws a fire slash. If he gives the hit near to the enemy, it turns in a slash attack. Like in SSBM and SSB4, the attack gives Roy a recoil of 10% damage.

-Side Special: Blazing Slash: Roy dashes and gives a double burning slash against his opponent.

-Up Special: Blazer: Roy gives an aerial slash against his enemy. I fhe intercepts the enemy, he gives an extra slash to his enemy.

-Down Special: Counter: Unlike Marth's Counter, Roy's version paralyzes enemy; if you time it, he'll give an extra hit which sends to fly the opponent.

-Final Smash: Rex Ignis Spatha: Roy spins the Sword of Seals in a backwards arc around him with two hands. Later, if he's near to an enemy, Roy gives a series of fiery slashes, for finally swinging his sword violently downwards, creating a massive fiery explosion in front of him, destroying the opponents.

What do you think? Comment, please.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 7:56 pm

MarioStrikerMurphy1994 wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:

I agree with you. I recently gave some ideas for de-clone Lucina; so, now, I'm coming with Roy.

Here are some of my ideas:

-Neutral Special: Flare Blade: Roy charges his sword, and throws a fire slash. If he gives the hit near to the enemy, it turns in a slash attack. Like in SSBM and SSB4, the attack gives Roy a recoil of 10% damage.

-Side Special: Blazing Slash: Roy dashes and gives a double burning slash against his opponent.

-Up Special: Blazer: Roy gives an aerial slash against his enemy. I fhe intercepts the enemy, he gives an extra slash to his enemy.

-Down Special: Counter: Unlike Marth's Counter, Roy's version paralyzes enemy; if you time it, he'll give an extra hit which sends to fly the opponent.

-Final Smash: Rex Ignis Spatha: Roy spins the Sword of Seals in a backwards arc around him with two hands. Later, if he's near to an enemy, Roy gives a series of fiery slashes, for finally swinging his sword violently downwards, creating a massive fiery explosion in front of him, destroying the opponents.

What do you think? Comment, please.

Actually kinda decent. I mean still pretty cloney but this makes him less cloney. Still absolutely not supporting.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 10:25 pm

Between Roy or Lucina, Roy all the way.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 1:19 am

Same. Roy's our boy, after all.
And about time this forum section was made.
Anyway, will definitely support, and here's my idea of how to declone Roy a bit more while still keeping him familiar (to the Smash 4 vets, at least).
Forward Smash: Roy's downwards Double Edge Dance finisher from Project M
Up Smash: Almost the same like in Smash 4, but now, the center of the explosions functions as a second sweetspot, and opponent that were hit by any explosion except the last one gets "sucked" into its hitbox' center so the remaining explosions can hit and sweetspot much easier, and the last explosion launch opponents very high up (especially when sweet-spotted).
Down Smash: Same like in Project M (can hit faster than Marth's Down Smash as a consequence)

Neutral Special: Flare Blade
same like in Smash 4, since it's pretty much an unique special attack at this point

Side Special: Pyro Wave
Roy flares up his Sword of Seal to shoot out a slow multihit fire blast in the shape of an ")", which gets smaller the more it travels forward. Best to be used in close combat, though, in order to follow suit with Roy's fighting style of getting to the opponent close and personal in order to rack up the most damage

Up Special: Blazer
Almost the same like in Smash 4, but make it like that so that its vertical reach gets increased whenever its horizontal reach gets decreased and make it more angleble, also make the reverse Blazer much stronger (in the same vein how a reverse Falcon Punch is much stronger)

Down Special: Counter
Almost the same like in Smash 4, but now it leaves a small flame on the exact spot on the ground where the opponent was hit by the counter when used on the ground. Opponents that step on it receive damage, but don't flinch.

Final Smash: Critical Hit
Same like in Smash 4, but make the animation resemble Roy's original Sword of Seal critical hit animation even more, making it look more dramatic in the process. Opponents that get hit by the burning blade of the sword during the start-up also get pulled in much easier than in Smash 4

Basically, that's my attempt at decloning Roy and buffing him while on the same time, keeping him familiar enough AND stay true to his playstyle of being a close-combat fighter with a sweetspot on the hilt to further promote getting close and personal to your opponent.

P.S.: Let's see if Roy will be on a higher tier than Marth like in Smash 4 thanks to those changes.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 8:12 am

I don't agree with changing the forward smash (it's probably the only normal move that has a basis within his game), but the rest seems ok. Not sure how the Pyro Wave will end up... his actual projectile was essentially an explosion a set distance away (think Mii Guner's stealth shot or Zelda's Din's Fire).
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 11:44 am

Well, Smash never really included stuff 1-1 to the source material, but also changed some minor things in order to make it adapt to both the basic gameplay and the character's playstyle.
Which is why Ike doesn't have a projectile in Smash even though he had one in Radiant Dawn/Path of Radiance.
I was actually afraid to give Roy a projectile since it could possibly collide with Roy's playstyle or even make him broken (Ike lost his projectile attack in Smash for balance reasons according to Sakurai during the Fire Emblem 25th Anniversary interview).
Back to top Go down
SageHarpuiaJDJ

SageHarpuiaJDJ

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 9:42 am

If Roy gets in, then I'd like to suggest his sword has a bigger blade like in the Master Lord sprites. Just for a nostalgic appearance.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:55 pm

I would be okay with that.
Back to top Go down
Tetriser
Level 2 CPU
Tetriser

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 7:12 am

I've see Roy in Melee and Smash 4 (through his DLC trailer, I don't have a Wii U) back in 2015.

I really appreciate if Roy is coming to Crusade.
Back to top Go down
https://sonargamesmy.wordpress.com
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 7:23 am

Believe me, a lot of people would appreciate cut Smash veterans in general, and Roy is no exception.
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 10:06 am

In favor of Roy making it in! o/

It's a little weird to me that he doesn't have more "Multi hit due to the flames" kind of attacks like his Up Smash and Up B, so i would add a few more to his range of attacks:
-Neutral A. Still a single button press, but it now leaves a fire after effect that burns. Think of Zelda's Neutral A.
-Side tilt. A punch while holding the blade downwards. Loses range but the sword covers "crouching blind spots".
-Down tilt. A reverse grip horizontal slash. Similar to link except a 2nd lingering hitbox acts as a sourspot in case of a mistimed interception of enemy landings.
-Forward Air. A Stab reminicent of Project M's Side tilt. it has 2 hits though the 2nd one appears on the center of the blade. 1st hit in the tip pulls into the later one that's a fire explosion (which happens when Roy pulls the blade back from "being done" with the stab)
-Back Air. Simply stretches his arm behind him and leaves the sword in an angle similar to Robin's. It multi hits with a fire effect similar to up smash.
-Up Air. Cloud's Up air but with a fire effect to turn it into a 3 multi hit move.
-Side B. Kind of like one of palutena's Custom moves. A set distance explosion.
-Counter. Instead of delivering the most knockback, it could deliver the most damage or release a wave to ensure people are hit even within Shulk Side smash range, making this move closer to the fire explosion seen in the game.

But since many of you guys might be conservatives like that, it would be great if the best of project M and Sm4sh is combined:
-Project M: Side tilt, Up tilt, Down smash, Back air.
-Sm4sh: Neutral A, Side Smash, Down Air, Dash Attack, Up B.

Regardless of which version you want, Grabs could use some tweaking...
-FThrow: Sm4sh's side tilt.
-UThrow: Sm4sh's Up tilt.
-DThrow: Grabs by the neck/Chest, lifts like a choker and slams on the floor.
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
Geno Boost
Level 3 CPU
Geno Boost

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 10:35 am

Roy is one of my mains in Smash 4 and Project M i want him to be in crusade but i think he needs some change in his moveset to make him look less like Marth.
Back to top Go down
TheRedBeast
Level 3 CPU
TheRedBeast

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 11:18 pm

wow, I was'm new and my opinion does not matter, but I like taking the course to make the lion roy ceases to be a clone of Marth
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 7:55 am

It seems a good majority of people want him declone, so i would like to bring up my ideas mentioned in a post above.

If people really want to keep "a clone" of sorts they could just make Lucina an Alt like Luigi/Weegee or like limar/Alph like sakurai originally intended Razz
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 12:48 pm

Well, Smash 4 already made a good job at Luigi-fying Roy from Marth, so I can definitely say that this could be at least a good base for Crusade Roy.
Back to top Go down
KipShades
Level 1 CPU
KipShades

KipShades

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 11:04 pm

I'd look at what Smash 4, Project M, and Brawl Minus do.

Smash 4 changes up Roy's animations a lot.  A lot more underhand slashes, explosions around his sword for his up-smash, an underhand slash for his up-b, and a d-air that's more like Ike's.

PM keeps him mostly like Melee Roy, though he holds his sword horizontally for his up-B and has the explosions around his up-smash like in Smash 4 (Though PM did it first), and has a straight stab for his forward-tilt.

Brawl Minus is... weird.  His up-b is a spiraling slash with little horizontal distance, he has some more multi-hit attacks, including either f-air or b-air and either up-tilt or up-smash, his side-b is an air dash in the air but a standard dancing blade-esque move on the ground, he has a straight stab like his PM f-tilt for his dash attack, and his up-air is a lot like Link's.
Back to top Go down
UcheD914
Level 3 CPU

Nin_Fan914

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 7:17 am

I say give Roy a shot. Fire Emblem doesn't have that much to contribute to Super Smash Bros. Crusade. Roy Eliwood is one of the few.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 1:18 pm

UcheD914 wrote:
I say give Roy a shot. Fire Emblem doesn't have that much to contribute to Super Smash Bros. Crusade. Roy Eliwood is one of the few.
Fire Emblem could contribute
-Ike
-Lyn
-Robin
-Ephraim
-Hector

And if you're a total asshole
-Anna

We do not need fire Marth when we could instead have at least 5/6 other fun characters
Back to top Go down
JaegerKrieg
Level 3 CPU
JaegerKrieg

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 1:21 pm

Eh, why not? Fire swords are cool

Soup-ort.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 1:25 pm

Support for Roy right here
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 2:09 pm

JaegerKrieg wrote:
Eh, why not? Fire swords are cool

Soup-ort.
>refuses to support "meme characters"
>supports t3h ph1r3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Roy [Fire Emblem] Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next