Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Dry

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 1:45 am

I kinda have a third opinion. I'd be really happy to see Snake back, but only if they made his playstyle a lot more faithful to the character. I felt Brawl Snake suffered a similar problem to Ike; just as Ike felt like Isaac with an Ike model, Snake felt like, I dunno, a CoD character with a Snake model.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 am

Dry wrote:
I kinda have a third opinion. I'd be really happy to see Snake back, but only if they made his playstyle a lot more faithful to the character. I felt Brawl Snake suffered a similar problem to Ike; just as Ike felt like Isaac with an Ike model, Snake felt like, I dunno, a CoD character with a Snake model.

Never played a Golden Sun or Metal Gear game, but isn't Snake a super soldier? And how exactly did Ike feel like Isaac? I'm just curious. I thought Snake had a bland moveset because they didn't want to incorporate guns into the game because it's Sakurai and "gunz r bad". So his moveset was explosives and stuff. I really liked Snake's moveset personally, but, I've also never played a Metal Gear Solid game so...~

Also today's PotD is... more menus!
I was kinda hoping we'd get info on Alph today for some reason...
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 7:32 am

https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/508975928773332992
Smash Bros Twitter (Translated) wrote:
SmashBrosJP: ( Friday) from 19:00 12 days [Notice ] September , released just before a live program of Smash Bros. 3DS at Nico live broadcast will be broadcast .
If you are interested , please have a look . # Smash Bros. 3DS_WiiU http://t.co/RrUuSv8MMi
NicoNico (Translated) wrote:
Saturday, September 13 as the release just before live broadcast of
Nintendo 3DS software " Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS "
will be introduced in one fell swoop of the information. On the day, the people of the editors of the Nintendo game magazine with invited guest, while playing the game actually, of the attention the new fighter from, the portable game machine unique new mode up, has been recorded in this work the number of play will commentary as long as you allow the broadcast time.

Looks like the roster could be unveiled a day or two early. The Twitter post has also bee retweeted by Sakurai.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 8:27 am

Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:

Never played a Golden Sun or Metal Gear game, but isn't Snake a super soldier? And how exactly did Ike feel like Isaac? I'm just curious. I thought Snake had a bland moveset because they didn't want to incorporate guns into the game because it's Sakurai and "gunz r bad". So his moveset was explosives and stuff. I really liked Snake's moveset personally, but, I've also never played a Metal Gear Solid game so...~

Also today's PotD is... more menus!
I was kinda hoping we'd get info on Alph today for some reason...

With Ike, it's the fact that he doesn't fight like... Ike. In FE, he never uses both hands for his greatsword. He's pretty fast, both running and attacking. He has never used any magic, and no one knows where Eruption came from (closest guesses are Bolganone, a fire spell that has nothing to do with Ike). Isaac, meanwhile, fills all of that criteria. Having played as both in their respective games, Brawl Ike genuinely feels like you're playing Isaac, and not at all Ike.

As for Snake, heh, he's not THAT super. All of his appearances rely on stealth above all else, and generally, you will die quickly if you attempt to start an actual gunfight. Although to be honest, the only part of his moveset that's a problem for me is his grenades. That or nikita could easily be replaced with a gun. I don't buy the "gunz r bad" thing given how Sakurai's happy to give overpowered projectiles to all the Star Fox guys...
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 11:47 am

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/509023406592122881

Via Twitch Nintendo is going to be streaming eight hours of Super Smash Bros on September 12th. No word on any reveals during the stream but it will be the last shot for a reveal. This is likely the same stream seen on NicoNico which starts at 19:00 Tokyo time or 11:00 London time.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 4:21 pm

According to the Japanese demo, chain grabs have been eliminated from the game.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 4:31 pm

C_Mill24 wrote:
According to the Japanese demo, chain grabs have been eliminated from the game.

Not sure if that's good news or bad news.

Going off a whiff here, King Dedede doesn't look that great, and without his beautiful chain grab, I feel like his tier is going down.

I don't remember any other amazing chain grabs. (Except Ice Climbers who seem to be unfortunately cut...)
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 5:21 pm

It's a good thing to me, as players will have to find new tactics to use against an opponent. Plus chaingrabbing is pretty lame.
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 5:57 pm

Gonna call it right now. Players will find chaingrabs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 6:17 pm

Kirby wrote:
Gonna call it right now. Players will find chaingrabs.
Probably pseudo chaingrabs. Like for Marth: Up throw, up tilt, grab, repeat. Or, chaingrabs may happen at higher percents.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 2:50 am

It depends on how they do it. Rentz tried to remove chaingrabs for Crusade, but it didn't work.

For Dedede, who knows. Some people say Bowser's good this time round. If they've finally balanced a character as slow as Bowser, maybe Dedede won't have problems either.

And if he only throws Gordos, and those Gordos are the same as Brawl's, then he has a very powerful projectile to use.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 3:02 am

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 Tumblr_nbmm3tw3y01qfyz1jo1_500

Apparently copies are leaking into the public. BRACE FOR IMPACT!
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 5:10 am

Dry wrote:
It depends on how they do it. Rentz tried to remove chaingrabs for Crusade, but it didn't work.

For Dedede, who knows. Some people say Bowser's good this time round. If they've finally balanced a character as slow as Bowser, maybe Dedede won't have problems either.

And if he only throws Gordos, and those Gordos are the same as Brawl's, then he has a very powerful projectile to use.

I don't expect Gordos to be as powerful, they may be stronger than the Waddles still, but they can easily be reflected with a simple kick (ZSS showed that). I feel like he's been really slow in gameplay, and I wouldn't be surprised if he honestly isn't that great. But we'll have to wait and see. Razz

Also, more menus. I actually found today's menu pretty interesting, I always love rewards. Just, when the game is so close to release I'd expect more than menus...
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 8:10 am

I thought I remember hearing that DDD was actually OP

but that might've been from a supposed leaker who was proven false I forget
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 9:29 am

To be honest, speculation on how good characters are doesn't have a great history. People have always thought so-and-so was broken before the game's release. Pre-Melee it was Sheik, pre-Brawl it was Snake.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 9:52 am

Lil Mac is overrated. He'll get camped so hard and once he gets knocked into the air, his stock is gone.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 10:20 am

C_Mill24 wrote:
Lil Mac is overrated. He'll get camped so hard and once he gets knocked into the air, his stock is gone.
I disagree, with Omega Stages now I imagine most competitive matches will be done on flat stages, and that's Mac's primetime.

Plus while his Up Special is lacking in recovery his Side Special is good for any horizontal recovery. And his K.O. punch will be ideal on Final Destination due to only having to worry about timing over position.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:08 am

Flat stages would be worse wouldn't they?

Generally, flat stages favour projectiles, and platforms favour mobility.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:13 am

Dry wrote:
To be honest, speculation on how good characters are doesn't have a great history. People have always thought so-and-so was broken before the game's release. Pre-Melee it was Sheik, pre-Brawl it was Snake.

except both of those characters are broken in at least one way in their respective games lmao

sheik's chaingrab on 90% of the cast and snake literally winning every trade (and also having busted hitboxes) are both pretty dumb
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:14 am

Ganonthatlooksgreat wrote:
C_Mill24 wrote:
I disagree, with Omega Stages now I imagine most competitive matches will be done on flat stages, and that's Mac's primetime.

Plus while his Up Special is lacking in recovery his Side Special is good for any horizontal recovery. And his K.O. punch will be ideal on Final Destination due to only having to worry about timing over position.

Completely false. Being able to play any stage like it's FD does not mean we will play that way. FD has a very specific type of counterpicking playstyle to it and will be one stage of several played on in tournaments. Having only or even commonplace FD matches would skew the general meta and completely change the game and tiers. This is also why this "competitive" For Glory mode is complete trash. It takes out one of the most important parts of the competitive game: Stage picking.

This is general misconception i think. Fox only / FD is said way too much. Sure, lots of melee players play Fox. But FD isnt even the most commonly played competitive stage, let alone the only one. That's actually a casual opinion more than a competitive one, to think that FD is the most "fair" balanced stage for 1v1.

The only way i could see competitive SSB4 devolving to FD stages is if there are simply no good alternatives. But, we do already have Battlefield for one. I haven't been keeping up with the stages enough to name any others. But you can be pretty certain competitive matches will not simply go to flat stages.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:46 am

Perfect Hell wrote:
The only way i could see competitive SSB4 devolving to FD stages is if there are simply no good alternatives.  But, we do already have Battlefield for one.  I haven't been keeping up with the stages enough to name any others.  But you can be pretty certain competitive matches will not simply go to flat stages.
TBH the stage selection in competitive looks to suck this time around. These are the only non Omega stages that look viable. There may be some others but only if bosses can turn off.

Final Destination
Battlefield
Tomodachi Collection
Brinstar
Yoshi's Island
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 1:38 pm

Dettadeus wrote:
Dry wrote:

except both of those characters are broken in at least one way in their respective games lmao

sheik's chaingrab on 90% of the cast and snake literally winning every trade (and also having busted hitboxes) are both pretty dumb

As in, people saying characters themselves "are OP", when it's only their individual aspects that are OP. Those two illustrate my point perfectly. People are saying Little Mac's combo game and Bowser's kill power are making them broken, just as people did with Sheik's chaingrabs and Snake's spacing. We know that that's not the whole story.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 2:04 pm

Do you guys remember when people thought Ike would be practically invincible?
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 2:05 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
FD isnt even the most commonly played competitive stage, let alone the only one.

It's mostly clones of battlefield instead
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 2:24 pm

^ in Melee, yeah.  But that's also due to the stage selection available in that game.  Proof of this can be seen in every other smash game's legal stage list.  Most players think the best neutral stages ever are up between Smashville, Pokemon Stadium (hazards off PM), Battlefield, and Fountain of Dreams.

First three are obvious, last one actually comes from a survey of Melee players on their number one most neutral stage ever.

Competitive players generally prefer variety in their stage list though, as that gives a strategical reason to pick a given stage over the others.  In a perfect competitive game there would be no "clone" competitive layouts.  But, we work with what we're given.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 7:59 pm

Stage viability will come to fruition once the metagame begins. If one character is extremely advantages over others on a certain stage...

D1 wrote:
BANNED
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 11:24 am

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/262733161

Somebody has something here from scans, it may just be Famitsu but it's very possibly a strategy guide. He's showing the character pages at the moment and it contains high quality pictures of all costumes, it's worth a look.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 9:22 pm

SPOILERS
MAN DOWN MAN DOWN
https://i.imgur.com/dROyqib.jpg

MAN IN MAN IN
https://i.imgur.com/QeiHOvK.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/J4q1QBh.jpg
AND ANOTHER
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxOf9w4CUAAsPTI.jpg:large

STREAM:
http://www.twitch.tv/yushako
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 1:07 am

Banjo and Kazooie confirmed for best character.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 4:11 am

Last minute calling. I think there will be four characters remaining, they will be Mewtwo, Ridley, Chorus Men and King K. Rool.

Also two of my main men have appeared as mere trophies. RIP Toad and Paper Mario D:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 16 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 28  Next