Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 Bar_left34%Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 Bar_right
 34% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 35

AuthorMessage
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 7:14 pm

Go Alph!
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 4:31 am

Dr.CanadianBacon wrote:
Kirby wrote:
I find that more than enough for Pikmins is Olimar, any more is a bunch of redundancy and we don't want Melee Falcon and Melee Ganon all over again.

I understand what you're getting at, but I do have some reason's Alph is different, and not like Melee Falcon and Ganon. The Pikmin that Alph use are Rock and Winged instead of Purple and Whites, which give him much change, considering the Winged Pikmin would be needed and used as a Up Special, and they carry you for a second. The rock Pikmin are much like Purples but bounce off opponents instead of going through them. Alph also seems lighter then Olimar, and his whistle would take a tad bit longer to use because it needs to get the winged Pikmin. I feel like Alph could be more unique then you may think, but I respect your decision.

Why can't people argue like this more often?
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 6:52 am

MercuryHg34 wrote:
Dr.CanadianBacon wrote:
Kirby wrote:
I find that more than enough for Pikmins is Olimar, any more is a bunch of redundancy and we don't want Melee Falcon and Melee Ganon all over again.

I understand what you're getting at, but I do have some reason's Alph is different, and not like Melee Falcon and Ganon. The Pikmin that Alph use are Rock and Winged instead of Purple and Whites, which give him much change, considering the Winged Pikmin would be needed and used as a Up Special, and they carry you for a second. The rock Pikmin are much like Purples but bounce off opponents instead of going through them. Alph also seems lighter then Olimar, and his whistle would take a tad bit longer to use because it needs to get the winged Pikmin. I feel like Alph could be more unique then you may think, but I respect your decision.

Because I and eager to have Alph in, other people seem to get angry and stuff but to have a character in you have to respect others decisions and not judge them about it, it's their opinion that I normally respect.
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 2:12 pm

MercuryHg34 wrote:
Dr.CanadianBacon wrote:
Kirby wrote:

And I, unlike most other people, can make opinions without going RageRageRageRageRage, while still striving to make my point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:23 pm

Dr.CanadianBacon wrote:
Kirby wrote:

This entire concept of Alph's move set is still too similar to Olimar. So far, the only difference between Alph and Olimar is the up special, which by the way is extremly generic and unoriginal, it makes me sort of cringe, no offense in any sort of way mind you. Even if the up special is different, so far, Alph is a clone who isn't bringing anything new to the table. Sorry I may be coming off as mean. I sound like Golden in an argument. Even in text, you can tell he is angry when trying to prove a point and win an argument
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:33 pm

C_Mill24 wrote:
Dr.CanadianBacon wrote:
Kirby wrote:

This entire concept of Alph's move set is still too similar to Olimar. So far, the only difference between Alph and Olimar is the up special, which by the way is extremly generic and unoriginal, it makes me sort of cringe, no offense in any sort of way mind you. Even if the up special is different, so far, Alph is a clone who isn't bringing anything new to the table. Sorry I may be coming off as mean. I sound like Golden in an argument. Even in text, you can tell he is angry when trying to prove a point and win an argument

I completely understand what you're getting at here, and yes Alph would be a semi-clone to Olimar, and I'm not trying to frustrate you in any way, I'm just stating some simple obvious moveset moves before Axel and I end up making the full moveset. You can simply vote "No" like you have, and I respect that, he probably won't even get in, but I still have the ability to suggest people, and I can assure you that the moveset will be altered from Olimar's moveset, in several ways. But I completely understand what you mean, but if you've seen any Pikmin 3 gameplay, the Rock and Winged Pikmin are a huge change from the Purple and Whites. What I'm saying is that Alph will be mainly different due to those 2 Pikmin, and his moveset being altered slightly. He may be a semi-clone, but I believe that he has the potential to be a good Smash character.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 5:40 pm

oh, rest assured, i have some ideas that would make Alph more original.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 2:58 pm

Isn't there some other way to make a new Pikmin character more original other than giving him the Olimar treatment with the replacement of White & Purple Pikmin for Rock & Flying Pikmin?
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 3:49 pm

Smash King wrote:

Isn't there some other way to make a new Pikmin character more original other than giving him the Olimar treatment with the replacement of White & Purple Pikmin for Rock & Flying Pikmin?

Well not really. You see every character in the Pikmins series uses Pikmin. Louie and the president would literally be the Falcon and Ganon of Olimar, with new final smashes and thats around it. But with Alph and the new Pikmin it opens a much brighter moveset then a simple Olimar clone. I'm sure we can work something out, don't you worry.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 4:15 pm

Dr.CanadianBacon wrote:
Smash King wrote:

Well not really. You see every character in the Pikmins series uses Pikmin. Louie and the president would literally be the Falcon and Ganon of Olimar, with new final smashes and thats around it. But with Alph and the new Pikmin it opens a much brighter moveset then a simple Olimar clone. I'm sure we can work something out, don't you worry.
I don't think Winged Pikmin as an up special is a good excuse for making Alph "different."
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 4:22 pm

C_Mill24 wrote:
Dr.CanadianBacon wrote:
Smash King wrote:

I don't think Winged Pikmin as an up special is a good excuse for making Alph "different."

The moveset will be different then just a single up special move, but that will most likely be the only special move, I still understand what you're saying though, and don't worry more will be added.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 4:30 pm

Alright, but here is something I don't get. If the only difference between Alph & Olimar is one having Flying & Rock while the other has Purple & White, how will Alph recover from falling if he doesn't have the Pink Pikmin out since he has to pluck it out?

Also, there is an option for Bulbmins, but perhaps that might be better suited for Louie.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 4:42 pm

Smash King wrote:
Alright, but here is something I don't get. If the only difference between Alph & Olimar is one having Flying & Rock while the other has Purple & White, how will Alph recover from falling if he doesn't have the Pink Pikmin out since he has to pluck it out?

Also, there is an option for Bulbmins, but perhaps that might be better suited for Louie.

Well how do the ice climbers recover without nana? I think he'd have a tiny third jump, like a little MMPH and then just fall, like popo would. But I'm not certain. And with the Bulbmin I do agree, but they would just be normal Pikmin that is immune to everything, no large special feature. As I said before Axel and I will think of a smarter moveset if Alph gets approved for a candidate.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 4:55 pm

speaking of which, whatever happened to lock yestarday lol? nothing changed.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 5:10 pm

@DCB, so if Alph were to use Flying Pikmin for Up B, he should have a short hop in the start of the animation before the Flying Pikmin tries to fly him to safety. If he doesn't have that short hop, then it would be a very very slim chance for him to ever recover since the chances of Flying Pikmin to appear after plucking are 1/5

@Axel, the votes had changed significantly since I announced that, plus the discussion is still active. Therefore, there is no need to lock it, unlike Monster Hunter who didn't get much of a vote change or even a post other than mines since last Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 5:19 pm

Smash King wrote:

@DCB, so if Alph were to use Flying Pikmin for Up B, he should have a short hop in the start of the animation before the Flying Pikmin tries to fly him to safety. If he doesn't have that short hop, then it would be a very very slim chance for him to ever recover since the chances of Flying Pikmin to appear after plucking are 1/5

@Axel, the votes had changed significantly since I announced that, plus the discussion is still active. Therefore, there is no need to lock it, unlike Monster Hunter who didn't get much of a vote change or even a post other than mines since last Wednesday.

Perhaps what we could do is boost the chances of a Winged Pikmin, considering they also do less damage then normal Pikmin it seems like it would be more fair. so it could be like 2/6 chances for a winged Pikmin
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 5:39 pm

Dr.CanadianBacon wrote:
Well how do the ice climbers recover without nana?
The side special for the most part acts better than the up special in situations with or without Nana being present.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 6:24 pm

or we can make Alph automatically have one flying Pikmin in the party with the ability to pluck more. If that one dies, he immediately plucks another.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 7:02 pm

Vanellope von Schweetz wrote:
or we can make Alph automatically have one flying Pikmin in the party with the ability to pluck more. If that one dies, he immediately plucks another.

Not immediately, but he could perhaps have it be the next one he picks out of the ground.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 7:47 pm

Why not just do this for Alph to utilize is new Pikmin better while making him a decloned Olimar.

Up B - If Alph has Flying Pikmin out, they will fly above his head carrying him by holding on to his shoulders. The more Flying Pikmin you have out, the higher you go and faster the speed. The remaining Pikmins that you have out during the recover will be chained together (similar to Olimar's Up B) but vertically under Alph during the recovery. Alph can use those remaining Pikmin like a whip horizontally, it can teather as well and cancel the Flying Pikmin's flying if you grab a ledge, thus returning the Flying Pikmin back to the other Pikmins. If Flying Pikmin are not out, Alph will just do a short hop & whiplash the remaining Pikmins horizontally. Alph can do the short hop with or without Flying Pikmin before anything happens.

Flying Pikmin in general - Other than recovery, this is how Flying Pikmin can work when thrown like any other Pikmin. If you throw Flying Pikmin, they will grab whichever opponent or item it gets in contact with and briefly lift them a few feet off the ground (perhaps a bit more than Bowser's height). This mechanic gives Alph the chance to do a free air attack or whichever ground attack can reach the height. They will eventually let go after reaching a height limit.

Rock Pikmin - They work just like Purple Pikmin, but they stun the opponent in place while Purple Pikmin does knockback.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 7:54 pm

It all sounds really good SK, but the rock Pikmin are actually much different then Purples in the game. They bounce off enemys instead of latching on in Pikmin 3, so what you could do is throw one in a group of people, and it could bounce off one and hit the other, it's sorta the other way around how Purples actually stun in the game and rock's sorta do knockback, but your way does work well also. I think it's less complicated then mine :p
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 8:03 pm

Actually, the bounce for the Rock Pikmin would be more suitable while the Purple ones do knockback.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 8:04 pm

Smash King wrote:
Actually, the bounce for the Rock Pikmin would be more suitable while the Purple ones do knockback.

Okay, that works xD
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 5:21 pm

Alright, it seems like votes are not shifting and at this point barely anyone is changing them.

Therefore, Alph will be on the Suggestion Poll as the Pikmin rep.

Would the author of this thread like for me to move this to the Campaign Boards?
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 5:30 pm

Smash King wrote:
Alright, it seems like votes are not shifting and at this point barely anyone is changing them.

Therefore, Alph will be on the Suggestion Poll as the Pikmin rep.

Would the author of this thread like for me to move this to the Campaign Boards?

Sure Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 2:11 pm

Hey Dr.CB, send me a pm and we'll get started
Back to top Go down
CookieDerp
Level 1 CPU
CookieDerp

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 4:34 pm

Smash King wrote:

1. Out of the 3 new Pikmin characters, why should one half of the secondary characters get in before the Captain himself?
Well, either would work well, cause Charlie's got swag.
Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 TQzGtSk
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 6:03 pm

CookieDerp wrote:
Smash King wrote:

1. Out of the 3 new Pikmin characters, why should one half of the secondary characters get in before the Captain himself?
Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 TQzGtSk
As true as this is Alph seems to be portrayed as the main character IMO, considering he is the 1p for Bingo Battle, he is the first person you get to play a real level with, and it just seems like he is the Olimar of the game, even if all captains are equal in the storyline. I just feel like Alph deserves it more Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 6:13 pm

[quote="CookieDerp"]
Smash King wrote:

Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 TQzGtSk[/quote

The glasses are poorly aligned.
Back to top Go down
CookieDerp
Level 1 CPU
CookieDerp

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 7:27 pm

Mr. Mistress wrote:
CookieDerp wrote:
Smash King wrote:

Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 TQzGtSk[/quote

The glasses are poorly aligned.
Thank the crappy DWI Generator.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pikmin 3's Alph!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next