Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though) BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though) Empty
PostSubject: Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though)   Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though) EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 7:04 pm

Hello friends, I return from one of my favourite games in YEARS. Literally this game is AMAZING. Of course I am indeed a rather large Pikmin fan, and I am a bit bias but I would just love to share my thoughts on Pikmin 3. Share yours in the comments! SPOILERS MAY BE IN THE COMMENTS, beware

The story mode is just pure amazingness. If you can par with the shortness of it, the story mode is great. I beat it in around 6 hours, but I did not 100% the game (Yet). I do have some flaws with the game, but that doesn't change much really. The main flaw I have with it is you cannot  return to the planet after you beat the main story, so I have to beat the entire game again! Although I don't mind doing that, it's just sorta annoying. Changing the negatives, I loved every boss fight, they were all different in some way. It never felt like you were fighting a boss in a simaler way because most of them depended on the latest Pikmin you got. The story mode did not feature the White or Purple Pikmin, and it does not have the caves like Pikmin 2 (which is most likely why it is shorter). Many new enemies are in the game, but many enemies from Pikmin and Pikmin 2 do not return (RIP BREADBUG ,_,). This means all the maps are more open, and you are almost always above ground. But don't worry, every map is very unique, and to 100% the game you have to replay these maps with the newest Pikmin you get. The music on some of these maps have little remixes inside of them from previous Pikmin games, which is great as well! Speaking of music, I love some of the music in this game. Despite the game being short, it is simply worth getting a Wii U just for this game. It is another Miyamoto masterpiece, and I love it.

Now moving on the the Mission Mode. The Mission Mode is extremely addicting, I literally tried 8 times in a row on one mission trying to get platinum and even after I got platinum, I kept playing it for an even better score! It's also multiplayer, meaning you can boost the speed and get a second platinum. I literally played 12 hours straight with my friend on Mission Mode and Bingo Battle, it was great fun! Having a friend that doesn't suck is recommended though... And being able to replay all the bosses is great as well. The Bingo Battle mode is also highly addicting, you just keep wanting to win, or get revenge on your opponent. With 12 stages and 3 variations on each stage, it never gets old! Especially when you get a bomb Very Happy.

So in the end it is worth the $60, it's very replayable and addicting. The graphics are great, the music is nostalgic. As I said before this is one of my favourite games without a doubt and I highly recommend it.

Last edited by Dr.CanadianBacon on Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kiddragon
Level 3 CPU
Kiddragon

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though)   Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though) EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 7:41 pm

Yeah, that game is amazing.

But I think the ygive you WAAAY too much juice.

I mean, I finished the game in 38 in-game days, and still had 60+ juices. Wat?
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though)   Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though) EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 9:46 am

Yes, the difficulty of actually loosing is too easy, but some parts of the game I lost a lot of Pikmin (final boss). I wish they added more difficulties to the game.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though)   Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though) EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 10:06 am

I heard some previous mechanics dont return, thus making the current mechanic feel limited. Other than the short story and that, I heard that the game is great
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though)   Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though) EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 10:20 am

Smash King wrote:
I heard some previous mechanics dont return, thus making  the current mechanic feel limited. Other than the short story and that, I heard that the game is great
Well of course the Poison machines and walls don't return. But there are several poison hazards from enemies like the toady bloyster. Also electricity is different, just stunning Pikmin instead of 1-hitting them. Also the fire geysers cannot be broken unlike Pikmin 2's. But the game is still great, and has a few puzzles still. Also bridges are made differently, and you need to find them instead of making them off the wood. The paper bags don't return as well. I think they were basing this game more off the original Pikmin game instead of Pikmin 2, with the original Bomb Rocks and Water Geysers.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though)   Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though) EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 7:33 am

The biggest change I noticed was the lack of a squad command stick. In 1 and 2 you could use the c stick to move your Pikmin around you, which was extremely efficient in both carrying and in combat. I think Nintendo decided that it was too easy to play with that kind of functionality, so it no longer exists in 3. Instead they gave us the "charge attack", where you dismiss your Pikmin while locked onto an enemy or object to have your entire squad rush in.

Also, there is a considerable amount of lag after dismissing your Pikmin where you can't move at all. This combined with what I said before, the fact that they lowered the speed that you can toss Pikmin AGAIN, and the enemies themselves are harder to beat (no purple pikmin to own everything with) makes 3 the hardest game in the series. I am a fan of how difficult it is though, because I actually feel challenged once again, as with the first two games.

In other words, I am very pleased with the direction they took the game in.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though)   Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though) EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 7:40 am

In the end of the game...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Kiddragon
Level 3 CPU
Kiddragon

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though)   Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though) EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 9:58 am

On a side note, I discovered that the best way to kill a bulborb is to bring about 30 rock pikmins and aim the eyes.

Pretty much effective, if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though)   Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though) EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 10:36 am

Kiddragon wrote:
On a side note, I discovered that the best way to kill a bulborb is to bring about 30 rock pikmins and aim the eyes.

Pretty much effective, if you ask me.
Yes the eye is the weak point basicly. Even if a Bulborb has a Pikmin inside it's mouth, hitting it's eye will make it sneeze and let the Pikmin free. This works on the Whiptongue Bulborb as well. Very handy.
Back to top Go down
Kiddragon
Level 3 CPU
Kiddragon

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though)   Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though) EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:07 am

And I love how Olimar just go and rant on Louie and the president all the time XD
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though)   Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though) EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:14 am

Kiddragon wrote:
And I love how Olimar just go and rant on Louie and the president all the time XD
Well (Spoilers! MAJOR SPOILERS, sorta...)
Spoiler:

Last edited by Dr.CanadianBacon on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroAbomination
Level 1 CPU
ZeroAbomination

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though)   Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though) EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 12:06 pm

Heihachi How dare you! you just ruined the game for me! :0
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though)   Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though) EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 12:43 pm

ZeroAbomination wrote:
Heihachi How dare you! you just ruined the game for me! :0
I put it in spoiler tags, what more do you want?!?

It's a hell of a twist though isn't it Wink
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though)   Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though) Empty

Back to top Go down

Pikmin 3! (No spoilers in OP, spoilers in comments though)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1