View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 4:20 am

Project M had it so if Bowser was crouching, he wouldn't take any knockback from low-damage attacks, then with several strong attacks he also would not take any knockback from stronger attacks I think. I do wonder what this means in this picture? Perhaps jumping on Bowser's back while he is crouched will actually hurt you? Or yeah, maybe Up Smash...
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 6:15 am

Shell defence isn't out of the question, but in this picture I'm pretty sure Spin Dash isn't even hitting Bowser's hurtbox anyway. Usmash sounds most likely to me.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 6:53 am

If it is Crouching defense from above, Sakurai most definitely took the inspiration from Mario and Luigi Bowsers Inside Story, and not from P:M. In BIS He had a 'counter' thing there he crouched and anything that tried to jump on him wouldn't hurt him.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 7:06 am

golden wrote:
...better I be the villain that crushes the remaining hope now than have that very hope be the one that does them in, as it will be much more painful.
This is what pisses me off the most, that you are somehow obligated morally to "save people" from that small moment of disappointment that they may or not experience. Seriously, you're talking about trying to make people "see the error of their ways" in order to avoid a simple "Hey, the game's out! Oh, but Toad's not playable... Oh well, I guess I'll move on from this slight disappointment and play the game."

That said, I accept your apology. Just try to put things into perspective before you have that kind of tone in your arguments.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 8:37 am

MercuryHg34 wrote:
golden wrote:
...better I be the villain that crushes the remaining hope now than have that very hope be the one that does them in, as it will be much more painful.
This is what pisses me off the most, that you are somehow obligated morally to "save people" from that small moment of disappointment that they may or not experience. Seriously, you're talking about trying to make people "see the error of their ways" in order to avoid a simple "Hey, the game's out! Oh, but Toad's not playable... Oh well, I guess I'll move on from this slight disappointment and play the game."

That said, I accept your apology. Just try to put things into perspective before you have that kind of tone in your arguments.
I think people need to realise that thinking something is not the same as pleading for something.

Do I think Toad will be playable: Yes
Will I be devastated if Toad is not: No
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 8:48 am

MercuryHg34 wrote:
golden wrote:
"Small amount of disappointment"?
Understatement of the year.

I've seen much more than "slight disappointment" throughout Smash forums, even going as far as lambasting Sakurai for not including "one of Nintendo's biggest All-Stars" and being completely pessimistic over whatever else comes into the game since Toad was one of the only things they cared about. And that's just going by the November 15th pic.

Quote :
And I would advise you do the same. Know that I always have a reason for what I say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 9:05 am

Marty the Thwomp wrote:
MercuryHg34 wrote:
golden wrote:
"Small amount of disappointment"?
Understatement of the year.

I've seen much more than "slight disappointment" throughout Smash forums, even going as far as lambasting Sakurai for not including "one of Nintendo's biggest All-Stars" and being completely pessimistic over whatever else comes into the game since Toad was one of the only things they cared about. And that's just going by the November 15th pic.
Man, you have only yourself to blame if you think a few aspergers cases on Smashboards overreacting over something this petty are worthy of anything more than a "get a load of this guy".
Back to top Go down
xXtyking1224Xx
Level 5 CPU
xXtyking1224Xx

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 9:57 am

@Ike's 'confirmation': Not sure if everyone is serious about that or not, but the character in the picture is Marth. Specifically, Marth using the Dancing Blade, hence the red trail following the blade.
Back to top Go down
madam im adam
Level 5 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 10:44 am

take it to PMs already fuck
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 11:24 am

xXtyking1224Xx wrote:
@Ike's 'confirmation': Not sure if everyone is serious about that or not, but the character in the picture is Marth. Specifically, Marth using the Dancing Blade, hence the red trail following the blade.
Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 +_2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 11:33 am

madam im adam wrote:
So, what do you guys think Toad's Final Smash might be? I personally think that "Pow" is highly unlikely.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 12:38 pm

Slissith wrote:
madam im adam wrote:
So, what do you guys think Toad's Final Smash might be? I personally think that "Pow" is highly unlikely.
I bet according to some fan's illogical perception of final smashes, it will have nothing to do with Toad...
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 4:56 pm

Ganonthegreat wrote:
I think people need to realise that thinking something is not the same as pleading for something.

Do I think Toad will be playable: Yes
Will I be devastated if Toad is not: No
This is basically what I was getting at. Yes, SOME people might bake a bigger deal than others about something not getting in, but most of us will just accept it and move on relatively quickly. In other words, don't make a big deal out of something so frivolous while also aiming to make people upset. You may disagree with me all you want, just don't be an asshole about it and we can still shake hands at the end of the day. That goes for everyone, too.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 5:19 pm

"Don't be an asshole about it"

When am I not an asshole? Troll
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 6:19 pm

I can confirm from way back in the day after reading the old smashboards thread, EVERYONE was an asshole.

Golden just stayed the way he was Lil Dolan
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 7:26 pm

Honestly, I think the Crusade forum is the only place that reference Smash that doesn't get overemotional when a character gets cut or doesn't debut in the official title after release.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 8:18 pm

GigaPichu wrote:
I can confirm from way back in the day after reading the old smashboards thread, EVERYONE was an asshole.

Golden just stayed the way he was Lil Dolan
Pretty much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 8:24 pm

Wait, Golden is Marty the Thwomp? I couldn't tell.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 3:32 am

Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 5:03 am

I never understand people who wear "asshole" like a badge. It's not and never has been a positive thing.

Anyway, that train stage makes me wonder: is it going to work like Big Blue? Would that mean Big Blue's not coming back this time? Would they risk having two similar stages?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 6:07 am

Dry wrote:
I never understand people who wear "asshole" like a badge. It's not and never has been a positive thing
compensation for inadequate manhood
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 8:46 am

Dry wrote:
Would they risk having two similar stages?
Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 11:53 am

Dry wrote:
I never understand people who wear "asshole" like a badge. It's not and never has been a positive thing.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/JerkWithAHeartOfGold
Back to top Go down
madam im adam
Level 5 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 12:48 pm

where's your heart of gold tho
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 1:57 pm

madam im adam wrote:
where's your heart of gold tho
Obviously in his name. Well not the heart, but at least gold is in there.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 2:44 pm

Dry wrote:
Anyway, that train stage makes me wonder: is it going to work like Big Blue? Would that mean Big Blue's not coming back this time? Would they risk having two similar stages?
I remember Sakurai saying something about Past Stages not returning this time around because of the 3DS. Something about downscaling them or something. I imagine this is why we are getting version exclusive stages to compensate for that.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 2:46 pm

RIP Hyrule Temple Sad
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 3:05 pm

Smash King wrote:

RIP Hyrule Temple Sad
That's what hacking is for.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 12:32 am

Looks like a new weapon today, but it's very had to see anything. Has anybody found the Sakurai quote?
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 12:34 am

Looks like it could be a new shield break effect
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 27 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next