Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Agent___5
Level 4 CPU
Agent___5

Shadow

Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion   Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 6:26 pm

Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion 3025522-screen+shot+2016-03-22+at+14.03.58

Shadow Mewtwo is the form Mewtwo took after absorbing the Shadow Synergy Stone. Shadow Mewtwo has only one goal, to absorb all of the synergy power from Ferrum.

I would like to see this form of Mewtwo make an appearance in crusade due to its importance in the Pokken story plus the fact that its so dang cool.

Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion Giphy

Now, onto Shadow Mewtwo's traits and moveset.

Traits
✧ Shadow Mewtwo has much more power than Mewtwo and can do a ton of damage in a few moves
✧But Shadow Mewtwo has below average weight (since it had the lowest hp in Pokken) and can be ko'ed with relative ease
✧Shadow Mewtwo has a slow walk speed and a average run speed (its run is a float)
✧Shadow Mewtwo gains its final smash much sooner than most characters
✧Shadow Mewtwo has two Final Smashes (its second is inside its first final smash)
Gimmicks
Shadow Mewtwo has two gimmicks
1* moves with a ✧ give Shadow Mewtwo half the total damage given to others (it changes with stale-move negation)
2* When Shadow Mewtwo uses any move (excluding smashes, the third part of its jab, grabs, the slash followup to its neutral special and its final smash since they cause a phase change themselfs) it will gain a invisible set of "phase points". once 10 of these are collected in a single combo or 25 overall (each attack gives 1), the next attack will have a boost in launch power thats considered a "phase change"

Moves
Jab: Punches upward, then does a Hyakuretsukyaku like move before ending with a energy vortex
Spoiler:
f-tilt:Slashes forward with two energy blades
Spoiler:
u-tilt:shoots three energy arrows upwards
Spoiler:
d-tilt:shoots three yellow balls downward at an angle
Spoiler:
✧dash {Zen Headbutt}:Dashes forward while covering its head with energy
Spoiler:

up-smash:Does the second hit of its Jab upwards
Spoiler:
side-smash:Charges forward surrounded in energy. If it is fully charged, Shadow Mewtwo will break super armor
Spoiler:
down-smash:Slashes forward at an angle twice with the energy swords from f-tilt
Spoiler:
n-air:Surrounds itself with energy
Spoiler:
✧f-air{flamethrower}:Sends a flamethrower forward
Spoiler:
b-air:Sends three balls of Shadow energy behind itself at a downward angle
Spoiler:
✧u-air{Thunder}:sends a thunderbolt to its current position; before it hits Shadow Mewtwo, it dodges backwards
Spoiler:
✧d-air{Earthquake}:Darts to the ground causing a aoe attack when it lands
Spoiler:
ledge:jumps up and spiral arrows onto the stage
Spoiler:
get-up:Shadow Mewtwo summons its stando to do a punch rush on both sides of itself while it gets up.
Spoiler:
✧Neutral Special{Psywave}:Charges a ball of shadow energy. You can cancel with shield or follow up with a buttion input to attack (The charge doesn't harm Shadow Mewtwo. Only the follow-ups)
Spoiler:

• Blast (press special again): Send the ball of shadow energy forward
    Spoiler:
  • Slash (press a side): Slashes with shadow energy three times. Does the most damage out of the 4 follow-ups
    Spoiler:
  • Vortex (press down): Makes a vortex out of shadow energy. It pierces super-armor
    Spoiler:
  • Teleport (press up): Does no damage but allows the player to move in a bad situation
    Spoiler:

Grounded Side Special {DNA attack+Miracle Eye}: Sends a dna nexus cylinder forward. If Side special is pressed again, it stops in place and becomes bigger
Spoiler:
✧Air Side Special{Reflect}:Blocks damage. can be canceled into other moves
Spoiler:
✧Up Special {Teleport}: Same as Mewtwo's up-special but doesn't become helpless on use
Spoiler:
Down Special{Recover}:Shadow Mewtwo curls up for 5 seconds. If it isn't interrupted by a button input or a attack, Shadow Mewtwo will heal 20%
Spoiler:
Final Smash{Synergy Burst}:Turns into Mega Shadow Mewtwo x. All of its moves are enhanced and it's Neutral special is replaced with its "second final smash" Dark Nova (this can only be used once per burst and will return Mewtwo back to its burst). Shadow Mewtwo gains light super armor that protects against light attacks (attacks that do below 6%). But grabs that land against Mewtwo in this state will reduce its time for burst
Spoiler:
{Dark Nova}:Shadow Mewtwo expels dark energy around it. If anybody is hit by this energy, then a cinematic with play. Shadow Mewtwo will take those hit by the energy to its domain and will float out to space leaving the others behind. It will then charge up a bubble of dark energy and launch it at the victims of the attack.
Spoiler:
Grab:Attempts to grab a opponent. It turns green while doing so
f-throw: stretches its arms while holding the opponent before snapping back into them
b-throw: Shadow Mewtwo attacks the opponent psycicly before tossing them behind itself
✧u-throw{Psystrike}: Sends the opponent forward before floating upward and sending a psystrike at the opponent
Spoiler:
d-throw: flys into the opponent
The throws/grab:
Entrance:Teleports to the ground
n-taunt:Takes a step forward which causes the ground to shake. During this, Shadow Mewtwo growls
d-taunt:Shadow Mewtwo looks up while surrounded in energy before looking back down and dispursing the energy with a growl
u-taunt:Punches diagonally upwards with the vortex from the third hit of its jab
Win:Charges up a Psywave blast before letting it dispurse
The references for the taunts and win pose:
Lose: Shadow Mewtwo sends out a dark pulse while covering its face
Spoiler:

Supporters
Me
Jexulus

Last edited by Hit1 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:07 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion   Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 7:37 pm

Nah.

Quote :
Now I know what your probably thinking. "But one Mewtwo is in the game so why add another?" To that I must ask, what about Luigi or Toon Link or even Weegee? After all, they are in the same pool as Shadow Mewtwo.
Toon Link has appeared in several games as the main character, and Weegee is just a joke character.
Quote :
"But Shadow Mewtwo was in one game only." So was a load of the current cast like Mach Rider and Duck Hunt.
Mach Rider and Duck Hunt are the main character of their respective game. Shadow Mewtwo is the main villain of one game in a franchise of literally hundreds of other choices.
Quote :
"But there are more deserving characters." If Mewtwo got in, I think Shadow Mewtwo should be able to join too.
This argument makes no sense. Of course Mewtwo can make it in, he's one of the most well known Pokemon of them all.

The problem is that there are so many Pokemon to choose from. Yes, Shadow Mewtwo may have this thing where he's this big villain in this Pokemon game, but he's just another Mewtwo. I know we have Pichu, but Pikachu is the mascot of one of the biggest video games out there. Shadow Mewtwo is just not a very good choice for Smash Bros. Mewtwo's already in the game, there should be something from Pokemon we haven't seen before.
Back to top Go down
Agent___5
Level 4 CPU
Agent___5

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion   Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 10:37 pm

Quote :
Toon Link has appeared in several games as the main character, and Weegee is just a joke character.
Many characters in Crusade go against what your stating here, so I wont touch on this.

Quote :
Mach Rider and Duck Hunt are the main character of their respective game. Shadow Mewtwo is the main villain of one game in a franchise of literally hundreds of other choices.
Again, I wont touch on this due to what I said above

Quote :
This argument makes no sense. Of course Mewtwo can make it in, he's one of the most well known Pokemon of them all.
Let me be more clear. In the smash bros series, its more likely for variants of characters already in smash to join compared to new ones. I'm not saying shadow mewtwo is a shoo-in, but with this in mind, its more likely to join

Quote :
The problem is that there are so many Pokemon to choose from. Yes, Shadow Mewtwo may have this thing where he's this big villain in this Pokemon game, but he's just another Mewtwo. I know we have Pichu, but Pikachu is the mascot of one of the biggest video games out there. Shadow Mewtwo is just not a very good choice for Smash Bros. Mewtwo's already in the game, there should be something from Pokemon we haven't seen before.
Snivy isn't that good a choice to represent the pokemon franchise, and yet its in crusade when other better pokemon could've taken its place. Same with Jigglypuff (I'm going by the game series. And yes it was one of the few characters who are in all 4 smash games , but this is more of a call-out to nintendo).

I get that your saying other pokemon deserve a chance. But Shadow Mewtwo is so different from Mewtwo that its pretty much a different character in itself. Plus, its not just representing the mainstream games but also Pokken Tournament, so why not?
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion   Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 11:46 pm

Hit1 wrote:
Quote :
Many characters in Crusade go against what your stating here, so I wont touch on this.

Quote :
Again, I wont touch on this due to what I said above

Quote :
Let me be more clear. In the smash bros series, its more likely for variants of characters already in smash to join compared to new ones. I'm not saying shadow mewtwo is a shoo-in, but with this in mind, its more likely to join

Quote :
Snivy isn't that good a choice to represent the pokemon franchise, and yet its in crusade when other better pokemon could've taken its place. Same with Jigglypuff (I'm going by the game series. And yes it was one of the few characters who are in all 4 smash games , but this is more of a call-out to nintendo).

I get that your saying other pokemon deserve a chance. But Shadow Mewtwo is so different from Mewtwo that its pretty much a different character in itself. Plus, its not just representing the mainstream games but also Pokken Tournament, so why not?

I guess it's kind of like my argument against Galacta Knight. There's so many characters to really choose from, I just think it's dumb to choose a character that looks like a reskin of another character already in the game. It doesn't matter if they'd play different, they still look so similar. I could argue that Cat Mario could be a great pick for another Mario character. He could play differently by using his new-found claws and leaps. But there's also 50 other Mario characters to choose from, so why not choose one that could play differently and not look like something already in the game? Also Pokken Tournament representation could go for any Pokemon in Pokken Tournament, it doesn't have to be the character exclusive to it. This way we could also knock out two birds with one stone. Want a Pokken Rep and a third generation Pokemon? Gardevoir. Want a water-type Pokemon that is also a mascot of a game and is also a a second generation Pokemon that is a quadruped? Suicune. You want a ground-type, a dragon-type and a pseudo-legendary? Garchomp.

Also I think my main problem is that it doesn't represent the main games at all. Shadow Mewtwo has only appeared in Pokken and he has an amiibo card. I can't see Shadow Mewtwo being a high priority, especially compared to the likes of Meowth and Zoroark.
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion   Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 5:15 am

I'd say no, for more or less what Steve said. I can understand that he's different and all but he IS basically just another mewtwo. It would be like if the devs added dark metaknight, yea he COULD have a unique moveset but he is WAY too similar to metaknight and there are much better ways to rep Kirby.
Back to top Go down
crazybark
Level 4 CPU
crazybark

Klonoa
  crazybark

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion   Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 8:11 am

i could see him as a dark alternate to mewtwo, similarly to evil ryu (although i still think he'd be better replaced by akuma) no support, but i wouldn't be mad if they added him
Back to top Go down
Jexulus
Level 3 CPU
Jexulus

Jexulus

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion   Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 11:48 am

I'm in the camp of people that really likes Shadow Mewtwo, both in concept and execution. I really enjoy how it reinvents the Shadow Pokemon idea from the Gamecube games and integrates it into the lore of Pokken. I've only paid attention to Pokemon since 4th gen, so unlike a lot of people, the oversaturation of Mewtwo hasn't really dulled its appeal to me.

Support. The move set itself is good, but his gimmicks and specials could use some tweaking and re-arranging. Reflect doesn't make sense as his grab, for example.
Back to top Go down
Agent___5
Level 4 CPU
Agent___5

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion   Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 11:50 am

crazybark wrote:
i could see him as a dark alternate to mewtwo, similarly to evil ryu.

I guess that would work (assuming they resprited some of the attacks).

King Proto wrote:
It would be like if the devs added dark metaknight, yea he COULD have a unique moveset but he is WAY too similar to metaknight and there are much better ways to rep Kirby.

If they added Dark Metaknight instead of Galacta Knight, I would start a riot to take down Crusade

Jexulus wrote:
Support.  The move set itself is good, but his gimmicks and specials could use some tweaking and re-arranging.  Reflect doesn't make sense as his grab, for example.

I'll tweak some of that right now
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion   Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 2:54 pm

If we're getting a Pokken rep we all know it'll be Chandelure hands down
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion   Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 7:52 am

Hit1 wrote:
King Proto wrote:
It would be like if the devs added dark metaknight, yea he COULD have a unique moveset but he is WAY too similar to metaknight and there are much better ways to rep Kirby.

If they added Dark Metaknight instead of Galacta Knight, I would start a riot to take down Crusade
I couldn't agree more.

Braystar wrote:
*charizard
Back to top Go down
Agent___5
Level 4 CPU
Agent___5

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion   Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 12:45 pm

King Proto wrote:

Braystar wrote:
*charizard
S E I S M I C T O S S I S F A I R A N D B A L A N C E D
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion   Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 2:48 pm

Charizard is a Smash veteran, he doesn't count
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion   Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 5:13 am

Braystar wrote:
Charizard is a Smash veteran, he doesn't count
and a pokken rep Kappa
Back to top Go down
Iron Joe
Level 2 CPU
Iron Joe

WarriorWare

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion   Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 7:17 pm

From my understanding, the criteria for new Crusade characters is more strict than it used to be, a lot of the weirder ones only still here because it's too late to take 'em out now. I think one of the devs even said that if Petey weren't here already, they wouldn't be thinking of adding him now. Therefore, the "but this dumb character is in so why can't this one?" argument doesn't work very well.

There are just plain better choices for new Pokémon reps, and frankly, at this point, I'm not even convinced Pokémon needs any.
Back to top Go down
crazybark
Level 4 CPU
crazybark

Klonoa
  crazybark

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion   Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 7:36 pm

Iron Joe wrote:
it's too late to take 'em out now.
as long as there replaced with something of equal or greater value its never to late
Back to top Go down
Iron Joe
Level 2 CPU
Iron Joe

WarriorWare

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion   Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 9:00 pm

What I mean is, they're already there, and there's not much use taking them out, especially since there are those who main just about anybody. Any effort to "trim the fat" on the roster would likely take out the likes of Ristar and Klonoa along with Snivy, Petey, and Weegee. Hell, maybe even Ashley. Something that, overall, I'd rather they not do.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion   Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 12:04 am

I agree with Iron. People main those weird characters. Removing them would just piss those people off.
Back to top Go down
Agent___5
Level 4 CPU
Agent___5

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion   Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 5:07 pm

Updated the moveset and supporter list

Update list
Removed the "argument and answer" section
Added all of the references for Shadow Mewtwo's moves (minus its burst grab which I cant find)
Added a new gimmick, "Phase change"
Updated Shadow Mewtwo's grab
Shadow Mewtwo can now break super armor with it's forward smash
Back to top Go down
crazybark
Level 4 CPU
crazybark

Klonoa
  crazybark

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion   Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 10:52 am

support
Back to top Go down
lordvaati
Level 2 CPU
lordvaati

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion   Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 11:58 am

Hit1 wrote:

Update list
Added all of the references for Shadow Mewtwo's moves (minus its burst grab which I cant find)

an interesting idea, however how would it work of the SF crew's Focus Attacks? would it treat them like armor properties as well?
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion   Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 1:14 pm

King Proto wrote:
I'd say no, for more or less what Steve said. I can understand that he's different and all but he IS basically just another mewtwo. It would be like if the devs added dark metaknight, yea he COULD have a unique moveset but he is WAY too similar to metaknight and there are much better ways to rep Kirby.

Good thing Alts are now confirmed. Shadow Mewtwo (Or more accurately, "Pokken Mewtwo" and "Pokken Shadow Mewto") are both real possibilities if the spriting effort needed is not too high to include them
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion   Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 9:42 am

Oh wow, I actually forgot about alts ^^;
Back to top Go down
Agent___5
Level 4 CPU
Agent___5

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion   Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 11:41 am

lordvaati wrote:
Hit1 wrote:

Update list

an interesting idea, however how would it work of the SF crew's Focus Attacks? would it treat them like armor properties as well?
Yes due to charge attacks (Shadow Mewtwo's forward smash) and focus attacks having similar properties. Although to actually pierce super armor, it has to fully charge it
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion   Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 2:14 pm

Good idea for an alt. Not it's own character.

Move list is obviously much different, enough to earn a slot simply because it's an entirely different realm of Pokemon, Pokken being a fighting game. However as always I don't really care about the moveset, I'm here to critique the character.

Evil Ryu is to Ryu as this would be to Mewtwo. Is Mewtwo popular enough to earn an alt?

Surprisingly, yep. He absolutely is. He's pretty undisputed as the most famous legendary of them all.

So I guess I'll just end this with; sure, give Mewtwo an alt, and this is definitely the best choice for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion   Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken Tournament) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1