Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 8:42 am

Hello Again!
Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion Qj1ie3o
Debut: Kirby's Dream Land (1992)
Latest Appearance: Kirby Super Star Ultra (2008)
Series Icon: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion KirbySymbol

Green Greens Deluxe (We'll be calling GGDX from here on in) is a mish-mash of some of the past Kirby Stages of Smash History (Dream Land, Green Greens and Fountain of Dreams), a bit of Kirby Flair (Amazing Mirror and Triple Deluxe) and some added touches all combined into a single stage.

GGDX can fit into the world of Crusade by being a mix of the Kirby Stages of Smash's Past while still providing something new, as well as being fun to play and not a complete mayhem of everything everywhere like with the removed Vegetable Valley.

- - - - -

So let's break it down;

Here's an Image for Reference Sake:

- - -

BLAST ZONE AREAS
As a proper Kirby Stage should live up to it's name, GGDX has a VERY large vertical Blast Zone, which means you're gonna have to try and get a Meteor Smash or a Gimp if you want a fast kill because good luck if you wanna launch 'em upwards.

KING OF THE RING AREAS
If KotR has specified areas that just switch randomly, some Ring Hotspots could be on the Dreamstalk, in the Central Area with Whispy, and in the area with the Cloud.
If it has randomly placed areas, whoops. But at least I'm planning ahead.

SPAWN AND RESPAWN AREAS
P1 and P2 could spawn on the Main Platform in the Central Area, P3 and P4 can spawn on the Platform connected to Whispy Woods, P5 can spawn on the Dreamstalk and P6 will enter on the Floating Island.
The Respawn Area is in the Middle of the Rainbow. Because it's cute, why not.

- - -

CENTRAL AREA
This section of GGDX features a long Main Platform with a slightly shorter Platform attached to Whispy Woods.
The Main Platform is Solid with Edges that can be Grabbed, and the Platform attached to Whipsy can be passed through going both Up and Down.

DREAMSTALK
Coming from Kirby: Triple Deluxe, the Dreamstalk is rising in! Both of the Leaves on the Dreamstalk are Semi-Solid, which means you can Jump Up through them, but you can't Drop Down through them.
The Leaf on the Left has an Edge you can Grab at the tip of it, but grabbing the Edge or stepping on the Leaf to many times will cause it to break and fall off! Luckily, a new Leaf will grow back about 10 seconds after it leafs...er, leaves. The Leaf on the Right doesn't break and isn't able to be grabbed.

BRIDGE / FLOATING ISLAND
To the Right of Whispy Woods, the Bomb Blocks from Green Greens (Melee) have returned, along with it's Floating Island!
The Blocks themselves have gotten a lot more durable this time around, so attacking the Star Blocks won't break them, no matter how hard you try. However, if you manage to smash an unlucky Opponent into the Bomb Block in the middle (Or just go nuts and hit it yourself!) the Bomb Block will EXPLODE, dealing high amounts of Damage and Knockback to anyone in the area and exploding the Star Blocks from existence!
Luckily, the Star Blocks (And it's Bomb companion!) fall down from the sky back into place after about 15 seconds, with the First layer falling down and the Second Layer coming in about 3 seconds late. If you're under the Blocks while they're falling...well, don't do that. That'll be a Meteor Smash on you. And standing on the first set of blocks and getting Sandwiched by the Second Layer won't make the Bomb explode, but will just launch you away to the sides.
If the Blocks are missing, you can grab the Edges on both sides of the gap.
The Floating Island has stolen a Platform from Whispy, so now it's a small little area that serves no real purpose other than to lounge on it's own and make a path for the Cloud Platform. It also has a Blipper in the Pond which spews Water occasionally!...It doesn't do anything to disturb the fighters, but hey, atleast it's cute!

RAINBOW CLOUD
After spending decades in the Background, the Rainbow Cloud from Dream Land and Green Greens has put it's non-existent foot down and has finally moved into the Battlefield to provide an area to fight in!
The Cloud slowly moves up and down on it's own leisure (Similar to the platforms found in Fountain of Dreams) and is Semi-Solid, just like the Leaves, however, you can't grab any Edges, it doesn't have any...it's a Cloud, what do you expect. But luckily it houses a little platform atop it, so you can stand on it as long as you like without it vanishing away.

- - -

HAZARDS OFF VARIATION
Similar to the newly revealed Balloon Fight Stage, GGDX doesn't just remove hazards when the Hazard Toggle is switched off, but it takes the form of a new stage entirely! And it's exactly what you think it is.
Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion IU8DEaF
Being a Fan Favorite Stage of every game with it available, Dream Land 64 will be providing the layout of the Hazards Off Variation, for all your competitive needs! And why wouldn't it? It does have a reputation to keep! ...Although, Rainbow Cloud is back in the Background. Sorry, buddy.

- - - - -

MY MUSIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it7kzH5uQXY - Vegetable Valley (REMIX) *points and laughs*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoR7Zrcmxmw - Dream Land 64
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-FNU1MTkLs - Green Greens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOSyfz_DUvI - Ice Cream Island
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScrAQ1p-YM8 - Hypernova Inhale

- - - - -

And dere ya have it, dat ends my report from da scene!
List of Supporters!:

Last edited by Bedoop Bro on Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:53 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 9:09 am

Woah, nice. Support.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 10:02 am

A well thought out stage idea and great presentation! Support from me!
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 10:42 am

Kzinssie wrote:
Woah, nice. Support.
TaXMaN wrote:
A well thought out stage idea and great presentation! Support from me!
Thank you, poyo! I've added you both to the Support List! ;D
Back to top Go down
Malkasaur

Malkasaur

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 11:40 am

Really well made. I support.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 11:44 am

Support! This looks amazing!
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 11:56 am

Malkasaur wrote:
Really well made. I support.
DestinyIntwined wrote:
Support! This looks amazing!
Thank you both! I'll add you to the support list ASAP!
This thread seems to be good quality by the sounds of it! I try my best, poyo! HYPE!
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 12:12 pm

support
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 1:23 pm

Support ofc
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 2:15 pm

psst, Shaq, because you are the all knowing critic, how does Station of Awakening look, remember you didn't hear it here

Anyway, I do have a question though, if there are no hazards in the stage, why just switch it to only Dream Land 64? Why not add in elements from Green Greens DX like the Dreamstalk?
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 2:27 pm

Support, mainly because the Kirby series has no stages in crusade and the design and thread are well made cheers
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 3:13 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
support
Lego Shaq wrote:
Support ofc
SS_Maeweather wrote:
Support, mainly because the Kirby series has no stages in crusade and the design and thread are well made cheers
I'll add you three to the Support List, poyo!
DestinyIntwined wrote:
Anyway, I do have a question though, if there are no hazards in the stage, why just switch it to only Dream Land 64? Why not add in elements from Green Greens DX like the Dreamstalk?
A) Dream Land 64 is incredibly popular and I feel like it should be in in some capacity
B) Green Greens DX is actually Dream Land 64 split into sections (The right leaf of the Dreamstalk and the Floating Island are just the platforms of Dream Land 64 seperated further, size changed and spiffied up) with its and bits sprinkled in, fun fact
C) There are hazards (Falling Leaf and the Bomb Block, and I was deciding whether or not to make the Cloud disappear but decided against it) but while not as lethal or gimmicky as other stages I felt like just removing the hazards would make it Slightly Distorted DL64 so why not go with the full package

So there ya go ;D
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 5:21 pm

Noice. I've said in the past we need a mix of the Kirby stages from 64 and Melee, so massive support. But as a suggestion, can the small platform on the island move up and down like the platforms in Fountain of Dreams? Just to get that little rep. It could even have a small water spout, maybe from an enemy. Also this sprite work makes me jealous because I wish I had that skill.
Back to top Go down
eris27100
Level 3 CPU
eris27100

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 5:26 pm

Support
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 5:56 pm

Braystar wrote:
Noice. I've said in the past we need a mix of the Kirby stages from 64 and Melee, so massive support. But as a suggestion, can the small platform on the island move up and down like the platforms in Fountain of Dreams? Just to get that little rep. It could even have a small water spout, maybe from an enemy. Also this sprite work makes me jealous because I wish I had that skill.
Bedoop Bro wrote:
Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion TQAh3eV

BRIDGE / FLOATING ISLAND
It also has a Blipper in the Pond which spews Water occasionally!...It doesn't do anything to disturb the fighters, but hey, atleast it's cute!

RAINBOW CLOUD
The Cloud slowly moves up and down on it's own leisure (Similar to the platforms found in Fountain of Dreams)
Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion Original-japanese-pac-man-art
I actually only sprited the Cloud, Rainbow and Blocks, everything else I've found (And finding any Beanstalk to represent the Dreamstalk was REAL HARD to find!) on my own time
I was actually planning on spriting little scenarios to fit with this (Which may or may not have included color swaps for PAC-MAN that I've wanted as an actual thing for a while now) but it was taking too long and I wanted to upload it here as soon as it was more than presentable
I put way too much effort into these things, poyo~ Clap
Added you to the Support List!
eris27100 wrote:
Support
Congratumalations! You're the 10th Supporter added to the list!
Here's a free Dog. DHD Laugh
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 7:31 pm

Welp, I don't know how I completely missed that.
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 7:33 pm

Braystar wrote:
Welp, I don't know how I completely missed that.
You didn't!
I added them just for you.
Because I care about you guys' responses and criticism, as a Dev should. <3
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 7:38 pm

Oh! The dedication you have is amazing to actually edit the picture!
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 7:57 pm

Yea I really like the dedication you put into your threads, like pictures and visuals that make them visually appealing and how much work you put into them. Keep doing what you're doing dude!
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 6:45 am

huge support
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 6:47 am

Braystar wrote:
Oh! The dedication you have is amazing to actually edit the picture!
SS_Maeweather wrote:
Yea I really like the dedication you put into your threads, like pictures and visuals that make them visually appealing and how much work you put into them. Keep doing what you're doing dude!
Thank you both, poyo~ I do my best! HYPE!
VultureDuck wrote:
huge support
Alrighty! I'll add you to the support list ASAP! ;D
Back to top Go down
Kirb-Star
Level 3 CPU
Kirb-Star

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 7:07 am

This is incredible dedication! Add me to the supporters.
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 7:51 am

Kirb-Star wrote:
This is incredible dedication! Add me to the supporters.
Thank you very much, and welcome to the Supporters List, poyo! Clap
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 9:18 am

Not bad not bad
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 11:50 am

SP wrote:
Not bad not bad
Thank you very much, poyo! Glad I could do a good job!
Back to top Go down
AmareTSM

AmareTSM

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 4:54 pm

Dope, but would DL have wind or nah? It wouldn't really make sense for a hazards off stage to have a hazard, yet the wind is super iconic to DL, and actually can occasionally have an impact on matches. tbh I feel like they should just be two separate stages; the Kirby series is important enough for that, seeing as they had two in Melee, three in Brawl, and at least three in Smash 4 (maybe more idk).
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 6:12 am

AmareTSM wrote:
Dope, but would DL have wind or nah? It wouldn't really make sense for a hazards off stage to have a hazard, yet the wind is super iconic to DL, and actually can occasionally have an impact on matches. tbh I feel like they should just be two separate stages; the Kirby series is important enough for that, seeing as they had two in Melee, three in Brawl, and at least three in Smash 4 (maybe more idk).
That's...
Actually a really good question.

...Hrm.
Looks like I need to get back to the lab.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue May 03, 2016 1:41 pm

I always liked stages based off of multiple location (Lylat Cruise, for example). Coupled with the relatively different design makes me want to Support it

As for the "Hazard-less" version, I would remove the wind, have the Star-Block bridge only be one layer (and invincible), and make the Leaves on the Stalk stay permanent.
Back to top Go down
Sk00ps

Sk00ps

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion EmptyWed Nov 02, 2016 3:29 pm

You have my full support on this!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion   Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Green Greens Deluxe (Kirby) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1