HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) Empty
PostSubject: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 11:47 am

Oh wow, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get flac for suggesting this, but anyway.

History:
Crisis City is a location in a bad future that was introduced in Sonic The Hedgehog for the PS3 and XB360. After the fire monster Iblis wrecked havoc, what was once a city became a burning ruin filled with fire monsters and fire tornadoes.
Silver and Blaze, who witnessed the destruction of the city, want to prevent this doomed future from happening, and Mephiles uses Silver's naiveness in order to blame Sonic to be the "Iblis Trigger", thus kicking off Silver's rivalry with Sonic.
Later on in the game, Shadow and his amigos (and later Sonic and his amigos) get warped to Crisis City, and later on have to fight against Iblis before they can get back to their original time.

Stage:
In Crusade, Crisis City plays out inside the fire tornado, which pretty much became synonymous with Crisis City at this point. The stage consists out of five road pieces as the main platforms, which are formed like a V at the start of the match, but each platform can change its height randomly.
Sometimes, a carwreck flies from one side of the screen to the other, and it can be used as a platform as well.
After a while, a few Iblis-based fire monsters appear, which should be an indication to the platforms reaching its destination: Flame Core.
Now the platforms fall on the lava slowly and then swim on the lava. The lava replaces the bottomless pit caused by the tornado, but the lava is still a hazard.
After some time, Iblis rises from the lava. When this happens, Iblis can target one platform at a time and shoot fire at it. When a platform is shot with fire, it starts to burn, and fightes cannot stand on the platform, but the fire will go away after a while. Iblis also has to wait until the burning platform stopped burning before being able to shoot fire again.
After a while, Iblis sinks back to where it came from, a fire tornado comes up, and the stage loops back to the beginning.

My Music:
Sonic Generations - Crisis City Modern
Sonic The Hedgehog - In His World
Sonic The Hedgehog - Iblis Medley
Sonic The Hedgehog - Mephiles Medley
Sonic The Hedgehog - Solaria Medley
Sonic The Hedgehog - End of the World Medley
Sonic The Hedgehog - Kingdom Valley

Supporters:
VultureDuck
SS_Maeweather

Would be glad if I could get feedback for my idea.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by TrinitroMan on Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 12:18 pm

Definitely the most iconic stage in 06, support
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 2:15 am

Thanks for the support.
Also, another stage suggestion I wanted to do was one for the Sonic Adventure era, but there are two problems:
1. I cannot decide whenever to go with Speed Highway or City Escape.
2. What gimmick could I possibly give the stage that really screams "I am Speed Highway/City Escape" and on the same time is easily translatable. Because let's face it: A stage based on City Escape is not City Escape if it doesn't have a GUN truck chasing you around.
Back to top Go down
TheRedBeast
Level 3 CPU
TheRedBeast

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 4:38 am

one question where is original crisis city, wich game of sonic from?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 5:28 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
History:
Crisis City is a location in a bad future that was introduced in Sonic The Hedgehog for the PS3 and XB360.
In case you still don't know: It's basically from the infamous Sonic'06.
Back to top Go down
TheRedBeast
Level 3 CPU
TheRedBeast

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 5:42 am

oh, i never play that game is part of the worst games of sonic?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 5:46 am

It was originally the worst Sonic fangame ever, but to be honest, Sonic'06 even lost that reward to the true worst Sonic game (Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric).
Additionally, most of the Sonic'06 hate came from the fact that it was very VERY rushed, and that the game could have been the best Sonic game ever if only the developers had more time to, you know, develop the game and not release the game in an obviously unfinished state.
Back to top Go down
TheRedBeast
Level 3 CPU
TheRedBeast

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 6:08 am

ooh i gei it...a this was too was sonic kiss a human?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 6:17 am

Well, we don't know for sure if Elise really did kissed Sonic or if the way how the effects were used in the cutscene simply made it look like it.
...well, okay, I guess Elise did kiss Sonic after all, but this means absolutely nothing, dammit!
Oh, hehe, sorry. I guess I got carried away again... ;^_^
Back to top Go down
TheRedBeast
Level 3 CPU
TheRedBeast

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 12:03 pm

jajaja is not big deal XD
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 4:22 pm

Good job, but I don't think we should reresent THE worst Sonic game tbh
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 9:56 pm

Braystar wrote:

The game had at least some good levels in all hoensty. Though I feel Kingdom Valley felt more iconic considering it was the one shown since it was first shown as a Tech Demo in 2005. But I can see what you mean.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 10:42 pm

Braystar wrote:
I think you mixed up something.
Sonic'06 is not THE worst game. No, that award goes to Sonic Boom Rise of Lyrics.
Because unlike Rise of Lyrics, which was already doomed to fail right from the start, Sonic'06 at least had potential. Oh, and an amazing soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 7:27 am

Also, not that I claim to support this, but I feel like we shouldn't ignore the fact that the stage was well-liked enough to appear in Generations, which received much better critical response. So...it would probably be the best option if we were to represent the game, honestly. Although personally, I agree with Mario123311 in that Kingdom Valley is probably more iconic purely in terms of '06 and '06 alone.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 8:10 am

Well, I think Crisis City is more iconic than Kingdom Valley, for two simple reasons:
1. For starters, the Sonic'06 stage was Crisis City, although Sega could have easily included Kingdom Valley instead and make Crisis City exclusive to the Silver Rival Battle. But Sega didn't.
2. Crisis City is more important to Sonic'06 from a story stand-point than Kingdom Valley. Crisis City is the ruined future where Silver, one of the main characters, came from and the result of the havoc of Iblis, one of the two main threats from the game, while Kindgom Valley is just...the first level we got to see from Sonic'06 and that's it (that level probably was there due to something Eggman, but I'm not 100% sure about that anymore, and Eggman is also just there to have an Elise kidnapper).
Back to top Go down
BeatBW
Level 1 CPU
BeatBW

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 5:58 pm

No Escape From the City, no deal
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 12:07 pm

Escape from the City is way too cheerful for something like Crisis City, don't you think? :}
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 8:25 pm

Support, although from reading your op it kinda seems like an alternate norfair. Still this is a cool idea, plus I love Sonic 06' Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 12:05 am

Thanks.
Also, the starting position of the platforms being the same like in Norfair was not intentional.
Actually, only now I remembered how the real Norfair in Super Smash Bros looks like.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 5:53 am

BeatBW wrote:
No Escape From the City, no deal

you can add in your own music
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 8:43 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Thanks.
Also, the starting position of the platforms being the same like in Norfair was not intentional.
Actually, only now I remembered how the real Norfair in Super Smash Bros looks like.
Sure... Kappa jk. But I always liked norfairs layout but I just wish there was a hazard switch in sm4sh.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 12:07 pm

Sadly wont happen due to Sakurai thinking that a hazard switch would be "stealing from PSABR"
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 2:22 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
Sadly wont happen due to Sakurai thinking that a hazard switch would be "stealing from PSABR"
Cri every time... Sad
Back to top Go down
BeatBW
Level 1 CPU
BeatBW

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 5:26 pm

SP wrote:

not good enough

it has to be the default music
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 5:44 pm

BeatBW wrote:
SP wrote:

not good enough

it has to be the default music

sucks to be you then I guess
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 11:53 pm

Okay, now seriously, if you guys want Escape from the City so damn much, then I will just make a City Escape Stage Discussion thread...if I come up with ideas on how to perfectly represent it in a Smash Bros game due to City Escape's very nature.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 12:06 pm

Since my other thread is having attention right now, I might as well bump this one as well.
Please leave more suggestions regarding my attempt at Crisis City.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)   Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog) Empty

Back to top Go down

Crisis City (Sonic The Hedgehog)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1