View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 8:13 pm

Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion DrEggman
Dr. Ivo Robotnik better known by the alias Dr. Eggman is the main antagonist of the Sonic the Hedgehog series, often appearing as a recurring boss and/or final boss character in many games in the series. He is an obese scientist with an IQ of 300 and a dream of dominating the world. Eggman's constant plots to create his Empire are endlessly thwarted by Sonic the Hedgehog, his arch-enemy, and Sonic's friends. His most powerful creation is none other than Metal Sonic.

Eggman use Eggmobile  her to attack and move around the stage like bowser jr in SSB3DS

Moveset:

Support List = 12:

Last edited by SnivyKawaii on Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:05 pm; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 8:27 pm

I think there's a lot of potential for a diverse set of normal moves here too. His normal moves could reference his appearances as bosses in Sonic games.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 9:10 pm

Do you guys think we should actually reference the cartoon? If done with moderation it could really make this character stand out I think. Obviously we don't need another weegee.
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 9:32 pm

Slissith wrote:
Do you guys think we should actually reference the cartoon? If done with moderation it could really make this character stand out I think. Obviously we don't need another weegee.
Maybe, sure. Heck Scratch and Grounder making an appearance would be cool.
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 9:06 pm

Added Moveset
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 8:07 am

Don't know if it's worth mentioning, but I'm in full support of this.

Certainly better than another hedgehog. : P
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 8:56 am

I like the moveset so far, but he feels too similar to Bowser Jr... Is there any way we can make them more different? Just a thought: What if he was essentially a reverse Lucario? As his machine takes damage, it doesn't do as much knockback against the opposition. But he starts out a lot stronger than most characters.

Also, couple moveset change ideas:
- Make Uair some spikes. There are plenty of bosses that have spikes above him to protect from aerial attacks.
- Dair should be his iconic ball-and-chain, from his first appearance.
- He could probably use a flamethrower (various bosses, such as Hill Top) and an ice gas move (Ice Cap and Diamond Dust bosses). I'd reccomend making the ice gas his bair (move the trombone to dtilt?) and maybe the flamethrower as his fsmash.
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 12:03 pm

Changed some moves

with respect to the wrecking ball I think it would be better as one of its special
Back to top Go down
DimpsyVS
Level 2 CPU
DimpsyVS

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 12:32 pm

>implying we need anymore Sonic characters
>ohwait Mario has like 20 characters
>this is also a fan game
Ok this is fine I guess...
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 1:38 pm

I love Dr. Eggman personally, and I love the idea of him being in his... machine...

I support Dr. Eggman, especially since he is the main Sonic antagonist. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 1:59 pm

Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:
I love Dr. Eggman personally, and I love the idea of him being in his... machine...

I support Dr. Eggman, especially since he is the main Sonic antagonist. Very Happy

This ^^^
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 7:35 pm

I would support Dr. Eggman, but I personally believe there's a lack of representation of miscellaneous Sega IPs outside Sonic.

Other than that, he's good to go on my list.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 9:18 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
I would support Dr. Eggman, but I personally believe there's a lack of representation of miscellaneous Sega IPs outside Sonic.

I support Dr. Robotnik, and I really like the moveset, but I also agree with HypeConduit. Aside from Ristar, we don't have any non-Sonic characters. What about Vectorman, Shinobi, Dynamite Headdy, or even Alex Kidd?
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Naughty Ottsel wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:

I support Dr. Robotnik, and I really like the moveset, but I also agree with HypeConduit. Aside from Ristar, we don't have any non-Sonic characters. What about Vectorman, Shinobi, Dynamite Headdy, or even Alex Kidd?
I agree, I personally like Axel Stone from Street of Rage

Last edited by CJ on Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 8:25 am

I would be fully supportive of this character if we didn't already have the half-dozen existing Sonic characters. None the less I kinda feel an obscure character like Ristar doesn't do justice for the Sega cast as far as non-Sonic characters.

If Shadow and Knuckles weren't around, I think I might be slightly more supportive though.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Heights
Level 4 CPU

Hyperbeam Canon

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 4:48 pm

I'd love to play Dr.Robotnik. Never understood the name change to Eggman, that name is a joke. I first thought Eggman was something only the allies said to piss off Robotnik, but even Robotnik himself went by that silly name. Well Robotnik sounds a little silly too now that I think of it, but it's leagues ahead of Eggman Wink

Add him in instead of Baby Bowser, they have great similarities and please use his classic name, I wanna hear the Announcer say "Dr. Ivo Robotnik!!", that would be classy using his full name. All I know is they probably changed his name for newcomer kids with a dreamcast.
Back to top Go down
Gab3
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 7:19 pm

OK, he's good for crusade
Back to top Go down
bubsyplz
Level 3 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 10:14 am

support!
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 1:24 am

Crimson Heights wrote:
I'd love to play Dr.Robotnik. Never understood the name change to Eggman, that name is a joke. I first thought Eggman was something only the allies said to piss off Robotnik, but even Robotnik himself went by that silly name. Well Robotnik sounds a little silly too now that I think of it, but it's leagues ahead of Eggman Wink

Add him in instead of Baby Bowser, they have great similarities and please use his classic name, I wanna hear the Announcer say "Dr. Ivo Robotnik!!", that would be classy using his full name. All I know is they probably changed his name for newcomer kids with a dreamcast.

I'm sorry, but this is pretty damn ignorant.
He was always Dr. Eggman in Japan. The Dr. Robotnik name was used in America to make him seem more intimidating.
This is made especially clear in Sonic 2's Wing Fortress Zone, which uses the Eggman moniker on the plane:
Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion WingFortressEggman
as well as Sonic Drift 2 (the first time both names are used interchangeably) and Sonic the Fighters.
Hell, why do you think his machines/ships were egg themed in name? Death EGG? EGG Mobile? EGGRobo? etc.
The name even goes with his design, since he was originally shaped JUST LIKE AN EGG and the yellow stripes on his shirt resembling walrus tusks along with his mustache being possibly influenced by the song "I Am the Walrus" by the Beatles.
Even the Ivo part of the Robotnik name has to do with eggs! Ivo is "ovi" backwards, which is Latin for "egg".

Sonic Adventure was when both names became officially recognized as canon, with Robotnik being his real name and Eggman being a moniker much like "Tails" is a moniker of Miles Prower. His official full name is Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik.

I'm not saying you're not allowed to prefer the Robotnik name. Just don't act like the Eggman name is just some random gag thrown in because so children can go "hurr he's 'eggman' durr".
(And by the way, that's not Baby Bowser, that's Bowser Jr. One is Bowser's infant state and has never piloted a Clown Car and the other is Bowser's son who has.)

[/endrant]
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 5:13 am

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Crimson Heights wrote:

I'm sorry, but this is pretty damn ignorant.
He was always Dr. Eggman in Japan. The Dr. Robotnik name was used in America to make him seem more intimidating.
This is made especially clear in Sonic 2's Wing Fortress Zone, which uses the Eggman moniker on the plane:
Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion WingFortressEggman
as well as Sonic Drift 2 (the first time both names are used interchangeably) and Sonic the Fighters.
Hell, why do you think his machines/ships were egg themed in name? Death EGG? EGG Mobile? EGGRobo? etc.
The name even goes with his design, since he was originally shaped JUST LIKE AN EGG and the yellow stripes on his shirt resembling walrus tusks along with his mustache being possibly influenced by the song "I Am the Walrus" by the Beatles.
Even the Ivo part of the Robotnik name has to do with eggs! Ivo is "ovi" backwards, which is Latin for "egg".

Sonic Adventure was when both names became officially recognized as canon, with Robotnik being his real name and Eggman being a moniker much like "Tails" is a moniker of Miles Prower. His official full name is Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik.

I'm not saying you're not allowed to prefer the Robotnik name. Just don't act like the Eggman name is just some random gag thrown in because so children can go "hurr he's 'eggman' durr".
(And by the way, that's not Baby Bowser, that's Bowser Jr. One is Bowser's infant state and has never piloted a Clown Car and the other is Bowser's son who has.)

[/endrant]

Huh, that's my Eggman trivia of the day. Beautiful rant I must say.

Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 6:28 am

Agreed. Thanks for clarifying Golden!
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 9:14 am

No problem Sliss. And thanks CanadianBacon.
And now that I've got that rant out of the way, I do support Dr. Eggman/Robotnik.

But I'd rather not have him be a Bowser Jr. expy (even though ironically, Eggman's been doing hovercar combat much earlier) despite me making an old moveset a while back (before Jr. was revealed).
Instead, I think he should be in a different kind of mech; a battle mech.
Such as the E-Mech from Sonic the Fighters:
Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion Eggman_mech
Back to top Go down
bubsyplz
Level 3 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 10:53 am

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
No problem Sliss. And thanks CanadianBacon.
And now that I've got that rant out of the way, I do support Dr. Eggman/Robotnik.

But I'd rather not have him be a Bowser Jr. expy (even though ironically, Eggman's been doing hovercar combat much earlier) despite me making an old moveset a while back (before Jr. was revealed).
Instead, I think he should be in a different kind of mech; a battle mech.
Such as the E-Mech from Sonic the Fighters:
Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion Eggman_mech
E-Mech hype!! Robotnik hype!! clasic design please
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 11:54 am

That seems promising...I just wish Shadow wasn't in the game, that would leave a clear slot open for Eggman.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 11:55 am

Mellon wrote:
That seems promising...I just wish Shadow wasn't in the game, that would leave a clear slot open for Eggman.

Couldn't agree more!
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 6:55 pm

TaXMaN wrote:
Mellon wrote:

Couldn't agree more!
never understood because they put shadow rather than eggman
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 7:15 pm

CJ wrote:
TaXMaN wrote:
Mellon wrote:

Couldn't agree more!
never understood because they put shadow rather than eggman

I think Shadow might've been more popular at the time honestly. I may not have been here, but with videos like SMBZ and what not, Shadow was probably vastly more popular than Dr. Eggman here. I wouldn't be surprised if that influenced the Devs. to add him because he was considered a "cool" character in that series.

That's just a thought though, I wasn't here during the time, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm also not sure when Shadow was actually added (date wise). Perhaps the devs. just preferred him.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 7:17 pm

Back when Rentz controlled the roster, it was going to be Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow.
Then (I believe) DMX had the brilliant idea to put Metal Sonic on the roster plan instead of Shadow.
There was much fan outcry.

Once the changing of the guard happened and the game became a community project, this was reversed and as a community, Shadow was made as a character (probably the only example I can think of where numerous people chipped in to work on a character).
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 7:58 pm

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Back when Rentz controlled the roster, it was going to be Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow.
Then (I believe) DMX had the brilliant idea to put Metal Sonic on the roster plan instead of Shadow.
There was much fan outcry.

Once the changing of the guard happened and the game became a community project, this was reversed and as a community, Shadow was made as a character (probably the only example I can think of where numerous people chipped in to work on a character).

I definitely remember coding Shadow and remember Felipe jumping in to do the balancing afterward. So, it must have been really early on in the community thing.

But no, we were pretty sure Shadow was going to be in the game from the beginning. Metal Sonic did come up as a possibility a couple of times.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 12:30 am

I distinctly remember Shadow being replaced by Metal Sonic on the roster plans before Project Crusade came into existence and undid it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion   Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next