Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 10:48 am

Id be down if D3's neutral special was inhale, if it was actually good. Kirby's and Gooey's are at least useful. D3 can literally just forward throw and it is ups be the same as his neutral special. Maybe D3 could suck an opponent up, and the next time he uses neutral b he shoots a star projectile.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 2:41 pm

I think just making it a bit faster would make it feel better
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 4:04 pm

Steve, did I say it was official? No.
Back to top Go down
UcheD914
Level 3 CPU

Nin_Fan914

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 4:42 pm

His inhale should have a wider range.
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 5:05 pm

I think Inhale could work as a grab. It's only out for so long in the Kirby games, it could potentially have very powerful throws but stay out for a while (at least as long as Sm4sh Pac-Man's) and be extremely easy to punish.
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 9:04 am

Braystar wrote:
Steve, did I say it was official? No.
Braystar wrote:
No what I mean is that Crusade's version of Dedede's Final Smash is similar to SSB4 but uses Masked Dedede with his electric Hammer, fire, missiles and as a finisher the ax he wields in Triple Deluxe
Your use of the term "Is" is making it seem like you're saying it's official.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 4:33 pm

You do realise this is a thread for throwing ideas right? Nothing in these should ever be taken as official unless it's from a dev.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 4:40 pm

Yes we do know that, it just sounded like you didn't

Anyway, I think a move that we could add is the attack when he jumps and uses his hammer at the same time. It's the only attack that I can think of that isn't really represented in this moveset.
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 6:05 pm

Now that alternate playstyles are a thing;
We can have Minion Toss the way we want it
And we could have a version that's just the Gordo (Or something along the lines) to be more consistent

The Meta for Character Suggestions is evolving, one update at a time
I love it
I can finally active the forum outside of the Non-Veteran Character Suggestion Forums that last like 2 Days before fading into Page 3 Kill Me
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 6:38 pm

Well if there's one thing I think should happen to D3 without a doubt, is make his Up-B use the drums in his Triple Deluxe sub game as his "lift off". He can even attack if you press special at the peak, making DDD do the backbeat.
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 6:45 pm

That's actually a really nice idea
Even if it doesn't use the drums, I'd love a way to go on the offensive at the peak of the Dedede Jump

What if we made it a Non-Damaging Move, but it you press the Attack Button at the peak of the jump right before he falls, he takes out his Hammer and Swings it downward to make it the Meteor Smash we all know and love

It'd be both a nice nod to Drum Dash/Drum Dash Deluxe and also a callback to one of Dedede's original moves in the Kirby Games that he still uses to this day
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 6:49 pm

Maybe if you press Attack you use the hammer and if you press Special you use the backbeat. No input would work like normal.
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 6:52 pm

That's an even better idea, poyo!
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 7:04 pm

However, as a downside, you can't cancel the landing, meaning it's much more risk reward. But the drum stays, so you can jump on it again and get even higher.
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 7:07 pm

If you don't press anything it should work exactly like in the official Smash games, otherwise it would be confusing for people used to official D3.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 7:08 pm

I already said that
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 7:10 pm

I guess I'm not getting this "still get the drum" thing you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 7:11 pm

Think Rush in SSB4, but stays in midair
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 7:55 pm

So...
After activating SDJ;
Nothing: SDJ
Up: Cancel into freefall
Special at Peak: Backbeat Shockwave that can be used as a Gimp-Prevention and could maybe keep Dedede floating a little longer before he falls (Maybe make it so you go into Freefall afterwards so you can grab the ledge?)
Attack as you Fall: Hammer Slammer that makes you a literal Anvil, faster falling than ever, barely any Horizontal Movement from here on out and you get all the lag you'd never want but you hit like a Supernova
- - -
@Braystar
So like SSB4 PAC-MAN's trampoline?
Honestly I think SDJ has enough Height and Movement to not warrant that, but that's just me
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 8:07 pm

Yeah, the drum stays out, so others can use it. I also say no to cancel into freefall to make it more risky.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 9:27 pm

I say no to having drums because his up special is a reference to his jump attack in a lot of games where you fight Dedede. Dedede using a tambourine at the peak of his jump is fine though. And the hammer slam needs to be because like I said earlier, it's his only common move missing in his moveset.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 9:33 pm

Well the jump animation will still be the same, just with a drum. Maybe on land, because there's a solid platform, DDD cand just use his leg strength, not needing the drum?
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 9:34 pm

Well, he does in Smash just fine, plus adding a drum just makes it seem a little more complicated than it should be.
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 6:43 am

Yeah, I think we don't need the Drum there as well.
SDJ on it's own gives massive height and distance, and if the Tamborine Backbeat works like it does in DDD/DDDDX where it gives you a little horizontal float before you fall again we don't really need the Drum. Plus it's just a way to let people follow what already is a mostly predictable attack and hit him before he decides to come down if he doesn't use the Backbeat.
Plus, as stated before, Dedede can do the jump just fine on his own (This is a video game, after all) so I think he doesn't need the help of a Drum.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 11:55 am

Support! But instead of a random rocket, make D-Spec turn his hammer into the Masked Dedede hammer.
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 4:28 pm

Shiruza wrote:
Support! But instead of a random rocket, make D-Spec turn his hammer into the Masked Dedede hammer.
I mean, that's what his DSpec is SUPPOSED to be in the actual Smash Games (Since the MDDD hammer is also jet propelled)
It's just that turning Dedede's normal hammer into MDDD's hammer in the course of a few frames isn't really the easiest thing to do so they just tuck the mechanics inside the hammer and work magic from there.
Back to top Go down
JaegerKrieg
Level 3 CPU
JaegerKrieg

N/A

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm

Yes PLEASE.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 6:02 pm

Only if he gets a monster to stop that there Kirby.

/jk, supporting this
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 9:22 am

Right Back at Ya alternate voice pack for Dedede or riot!
Back to top Go down
UcheD914
Level 3 CPU

Nin_Fan914

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 4:35 pm

I got an idea for the Side Special: King Dedede should throw random objects, akin to Kirby Fighters Deluxe in the same way he threw those Waddle Dees and Doos (not to mention the occasional Gordo).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion   King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

King Dedede [Kirby] Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next