Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

Geno Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 9:55 pm

Smash King wrote:

Yea, that Geno voice is a nightmare.

If Geno had a voice, who should he sound like?

What I feel like the current voice is working for is a somewhat Piccolo-esque voice.

I have a couple propositions as to what Geno could sound like.

• Alessandro Juliani (Voice of L [Death Note, English Dub])
  • Phillip Banks (Voice of The Crooked Man [The Wolf Among Us])

I'll update the list but I'm for now I'm pretty tired. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 12:37 am

C_Mill24 wrote:
Geno should be voiced by Laura Bailey Kappa

Still on that one, huh?

Anyway, serious question, what about the possibility of no voice? Just starry sound effects. Makes him all mysterious and stuff
Back to top Go down
Geno Boost
Level 3 CPU
Geno Boost

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 4:26 am

[quote="C_Mill24"][quote="Geno Boost"][quote="C_Mill24"][quote="Geno Boost"][quote="HypeConduit"]
Geno Boost wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:

Just because people who have played Super Mario RPG know ♥♪!? is called "Geno" doesn't mean people who haven't played the game will understand it. It should be kept as Geno since it is not only easier to read and pronounce, but it also is more recognizable than ♥♪!?.
so we will call dr. eggman name instead of dr. robotnik because its more recognizable and popular not because of his real name? not everyone did play original sonic games does that mean we should call him dr. eggman? no.
same goes to Geno we should type his real name not the doll name
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 7:43 am

Geno Boost wrote:
C_Mill24 wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:
C_Mill24 wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:

Just because people who have played Super Mario RPG know ♥♪!? is called "Geno" doesn't mean people who haven't played the game will understand it. It should be kept as Geno since it is not only easier to read and pronounce, but it also is more recognizable than ♥♪!?.
so we will call dr. eggman name instead of dr. robotnik because its more recognizable and popular not because of his real name? not everyone did play original sonic games does that mean we should call him dr. eggman? no.
If Eggman gets in he will be referred to as Dr. Eggman, yes
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 8:23 am

Uhm...hello? Does my gripe about Geno's moveset mean nothing to you, guys?
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 10:16 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Uhm...hello? Does my gripe about Geno's moveset mean nothing to you, guys?

The thought is pretty cool, I suppose. I mean, the boost would be something similar to Wii Fit Trainer's Deep Breathing in that sense. Your idea of the propulsive Geno Blast is okay, but this way it loses it's combo potential. If you ask me, Geno's moveset is alright the way it is.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am

Not for me, though.
It just doesn't make sense for a move, that only boosts your stats, to be a recovery move as well.
That always irked me, whenever I played as Geno.
Back to top Go down
Geno Boost
Level 3 CPU
Geno Boost

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 10:32 am

Dustination wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:
C_Mill24 wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:
C_Mill24 wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:

why? dr. eggman isnt his real name its just what sonic called him in sonic adventure to dr. robotnik to make him look stupid
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 10:37 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Not for me, though.
It just doesn't make sense for a move, that only boosts your stats, to be a recovery move as well.
That always irked me, whenever I played as Geno.

Understandable.

However, I disagree Smile
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 10:41 am

Geno Boost wrote:
Dustination wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:
C_Mill24 wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:
C_Mill24 wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:

why? dr. eggman isnt his real name its just what sonic called him in sonic adventure to dr. robotnik to make him look stupid
So what? He still will be called Dr. Eggman in Crusade.
Just like how Geno will be called Geno.
Just give it up, man. You're starting to get disruptive.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 10:42 am

Geno Boost wrote:

As explained here, that's incorrect.
Back to top Go down
Geno Boost
Level 3 CPU
Geno Boost

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 8:30 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:

As explained here, that's incorrect.
i didnt know about this Neutral
Back to top Go down
Geno Boost
Level 3 CPU
Geno Boost

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 8:43 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:

but its not his real name its just the doll name not the one who is controlling the doll its like calling power suit instead of samus, its not a really big problem for me but i just wished this to be changed
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 12:35 am

Geno Boost wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:

but its not his real name its just the doll name not the one who is controlling the doll its like calling power suit instead of samus
Guess what: Nobody cares.
And no, calling Samus "Power Suit" instead of "Samus" is NOT the same thing.
But yeah, I want this discussion to stop this second.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 2:50 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:

but its not his real name its just the doll name not the one who is controlling the doll its like calling power suit instead of samus

Seriously, enough with that attitude of yours. Who do you think you are?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 4:14 am

Slissith wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:

Seriously, enough with that attitude of yours. Who do you think you are?
I can tell you who I am. I am a person, who is annoyed by useless discussions like his display name, if there are more important things to fix about Geno, like his weird moveset mapping.
However, I am sorry, if I sounded harsher than I wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Geno Boost
Level 3 CPU
Geno Boost

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 7:14 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:

yes its the same. samus is controlling the power suit so we call the character samus, and ♥♪!? is controlling the Geno doll so we should call the character ♥♪!?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 7:18 am

Nonono, Samus is not controlling the power suit. She is wearing it.
I mean, how can someone control clothes anyway? :^)
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 7:32 am

Geno Boost wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:

yes its the same. samus is controlling the power suit so we call the character samus, and ♥♪!? is controlling the Geno doll so we should call the character ♥♪!?
Like I said before, more people know the character as "Geno" so it would be more reasonable to keep him named as "Geno." ♥♪!? is hard enough to pronounce as it is, and people who have never played or heard of Super Mario RPG are not going to recognize ♥♪!? or understand it.
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 7:59 am

If fighter profiles make a return, we should mention his real name in Geno's profile. Job done.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:10 am

Falcon8r wrote:
If fighter profiles make a return, we should mention his real name in Geno's profile. Job done.

That might do the trick! I'll admit, if it wasn't for Crusade I'd still not have known Geno. And speaking of fighter profiles we seriously need a new wiki of some sorts. I know the old wiki is pretty much a bust right now but there's always those few secrets in a character's moveset that you probably never knew of in the first place.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 9:34 am

Falcon8r wrote:

I'd like to see these return, actually.
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 10:43 am

StayPuft wrote:
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 10:53 am

Same. It was reading the bios and lore of the world in DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi and I'm sure it will be the same here.
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:33 pm

VultureDuck wrote:
StayPuft wrote:
Back to top Go down
Geno Boost
Level 3 CPU
Geno Boost

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 11:23 pm

C_Mill24 wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:

Like I said before, more people know the character as "Geno" so it would be more reasonable to keep him named as "Geno." ♥♪!? is hard enough to pronounce as it is, and people who have never played or heard of Super Mario RPG are not going to recognize ♥♪!? or understand it.
but i said before he can have both names in 1 game, the annoncer will say "Geno" but the character name will be changed to ♥♪!? because we can type it but we cant prononce it, its not going to confuse people because people will hear Geno name, even if they got confused they will go to mariowiki and see the real name just like how pokemon fans go to bulbapedia to see the pokemon stats
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 11:36 pm

I will start murdering butterflies every single time this is brought up in a post from now on

and it will all be on you
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 11:44 pm

Geno Boost wrote:
its not a really big problem for me but i just wished this to be changed

You know, for someone that says that it's no big deal, you sure keep going on about it like your life depends on it.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 11:49 pm

Geno Boost wrote:
but i said before he can have both names in 1 game, the annoncer will say "Geno" but the character name will be changed to ♥♪!? because we can type it but we cant prononce it, its not going to confuse people because people will hear Geno name, even if they got confused they will go to mariowiki and see the real name just like how pokemon fans go to bulbapedia to see the pokemon stats

It's not happening, end of discussion
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Geno Boost
Level 3 CPU
Geno Boost

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 7:00 am

TaXMaN wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:
its not a really big problem for me but i just wished this to be changed

You know, for someone that says that it's no big deal, you sure keep going on about it like your life depends on it.
because people asked me a reason why do i wish this to happen, so i answered them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Geno Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next