View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Geno Boost
Level 3 CPU
Geno Boost

Geno

Geno Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 11:57 am

Geno victory theme should be changed to SMRPG victory theme
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 1:18 pm

I still don't like Geno's moveset and I think that my idea is better.
Also, I'm not really feeling neither Geno's voice nor Ashley's voice (and I do like Rina-chan's voice acting in Skullgirls), but I'm not sure how Geno was supossed to sound like to begin with...
Like, did Nintendo or Square Enix ever made a mention on how Geno's voice could sound like or what?
I mean, the worst possible scenario would be to just make Geno silent. After all, Villager is silent in SM4SH as well.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 2:32 pm

The reasoning for Geno to have a voice:

1. In SMRPG, being "silenced" meant you couldn't act. Geno would say the name of the move and then would perform it, as I understand. I've never actually played the game but I do remember something similar being brought up.
2. Unlike Villager, who has never talked ever, Geno DID talk via text. So he is not a natural mute like Villager, who just nods and uses emotes.

That being said, as Geno's voice actor I agree that his voice is pretty garbage. At the time I recorded it I thought it sounded pretty alright, though something went wrong and the voices ended up a lot deeper than they were when they were originally recorded.
Back to top Go down
Geno Boost
Level 3 CPU
Geno Boost

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 2:55 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
I still don't like Geno's moveset and I think that my idea is better.
Also, I'm not really feeling neither Geno's voice nor Ashley's voice (and I do like Rina-chan's voice acting in Skullgirls), but I'm not sure how Geno was supossed to sound like to begin with...
Like, did Nintendo or Square Enix ever made a mention on how Geno's voice could sound like or what?
I mean, the worst possible scenario would be to just make Geno silent. After all, Villager is silent in SM4SH as well.
he actually got a voice in MLSSS and its realy very bad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbHyLvRHjMk&spfreload=10 SSBC has a better Geno voice
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 10:18 am

Before I will comment on the video, I will rant first:
So Geno DOES belong to Nintendo after all and not to Square Enix, like many people think?
Preposterous, I say! Preposterous!
...ahem...now to the video. I watched the video, and I can tell only one thing about Geno's voice:
That doesn't even count as a voice. That's just typical text writing sound, that's all.
At least, we can now guess how Geno was supossed to sound like.
I actually think that Geno was supossed to have a more...I dunno...robotic voice or something.
Yeah, I think that could fit Geno.

P.S.: Okay, now seriously. Why Ninten, if we already have both Ness and Lucas? Ninten would have nothing new to offer.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 10:55 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
I suppose it's not really a voice, but the robotic style fits Geno.

This isn't what I'd call a voice either. I wouldn't use M&LSS's Geno as a source at all, actually, simply because it's most likely the doll/puppet without the being possessing it in SMRPG. I say this because he's attatched to a pole and has what appears to be googly eyes, or perhaps puppet-esque shifting eyes. His limbs also dangle. It's not the being that's in the doll that we see in SMRPG or SSBC.
Back to top Go down
Geno Boost
Level 3 CPU
Geno Boost

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 9:38 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:

P.S.: Okay, now seriously. Why Ninten, if we already have both Ness and Lucas? Ninten would have nothing new to offer.
because he started the whole MOTHER seires and he is the first main character its like having ike and roy without marth
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 9:45 pm

Geno Boost wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:

because he started the whole MOTHER seires and he is the first main character its like having ike and roy without marth

If this was true Ninten probably would have been in an official Smash Bros. by now.

Regrdless please save all Ninten discussion for the appropriate thread.
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t3535-ninten-mother-earthbound-discussion
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 1:53 pm

StayPuft wrote:
...Unlike Villager, who has never talked ever...

Wrong. While it may not seem like the Villager talks as first, he still has to answer many question with choices other than Yes and No, which could be answered with a simple nod. Plus, you can even chat with other players in AC: New Leaf! Does that mean he's mute to you? No.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 6:33 am

Also, MegaMan is capable of talking, yet he is mute in Smash as well.
So there is nothing to could say against Geno being mute. Not everyone who talked with text in the source game needs a voice, after all.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 6:42 am

So in conclusion, Geno needs a new voice actor?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Z
Level 1 CPU
Mr.Z

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 6:29 pm

A new VA would be great.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 9:42 pm

Bowser's kingdom VA

Do it
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 12:41 am

Slissith wrote:
Bowser's kingdom VA

Do it
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Crimson Heights
Level 4 CPU

Hyperbeam Canon

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 3:12 pm

If it's this hard to find the right VA, then don't give him a voice. *I explain at the end of my post. Give him the SFX that play during a battle in SMRPG. Fill him up with SNES sounds! One of his moves already makes the critical hit sound. Nostalgic :cheers:

I'm not good with balancing, I just want Geno to be one of those hard to use Characters so I can be the only one who mains him muahahahaha. Just wanna make sure he's good to go or if he's still weak. My only concern is his weak up special can't save him most of the time when other characters can. His Smash attacks are also very hard to pull off, because they have no range. I'd love to hear the reasoning for Geno's moveset and I'd also love to see Traw run Geno to see how he uses him. Any information to help me figure him out would be appreciated thanks.

*My reasoning for keeping Geno silent is that I like silent protagonists. It makes them mysterious and cool, I think. This is pretty much how I envision Geno:

Geno Discussion - Page 3 DSCN0434

Clothes torn up, went through hell and ended up in the Mushroom Kingdom Geno's the name. He's naked under those torn up clothes, thought I'd mention that. I know Geno is a doll possessed by a higher power. This is just how I see Geno.

http://img01.deviantart.net/0e6f/i/2015/156/e/4/geno_arrives_by_scottr5680-d8w6wf4.jpg:
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 4:31 pm

Geno's moveset was never put together by Crusade. His moveset was created by an existing sprite sheet from an outside source.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 2:29 am

Crimson Heights wrote:
If it's this hard to find the right VA, then don't give him a voice. *I explain at the end of my post. Give him the SFX that play during a battle in SMRPG. Fill him up with SNES sounds! One of his moves already makes the critical hit sound. Nostalgic cheers

I'm not good with balancing, I just want Geno to be one of those hard to use Characters so I can be the only one who mains him muahahahaha. Just wanna make sure he's good to go or if he's still weak. My only concern is his weak up special can't save him most of the time when other characters can. His Smash attacks are also very hard to pull off, because they have no range. I'd love to hear the reasoning for Geno's moveset and I'd also love to see Traw run Geno to see how he uses him. Any information to help me figure him out would be appreciated thanks.

*My reasoning for keeping Geno silent is that I like silent protagonists. It makes them mysterious and cool, I think. This is pretty much how I envision Geno:

Geno Discussion - Page 3 DSCN0434

Clothes torn up, went through hell and ended up in the Mushroom Kingdom Geno's the name. He's naked under those torn up clothes, thought I'd mention that. I know Geno is a doll possessed by a higher power. This is just how I see Geno.

http:
Um? His Side Smash goes pretty far.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 11:05 am

Smash King wrote:

Geno's moveset was never put together by Crusade. His moveset was created by an existing sprite sheet from an outside source.

Well, hopefully that's fixed eventually.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Heights
Level 4 CPU

Hyperbeam Canon

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 11:11 am

Ah, I see now. Freaking love Geno, so just do your thing guys. I know I need not worry with Crusade.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 11:25 am

Yeah, we would definetely need a new moveset and spritesheet to give Geno that mute Lone wolf/wanderer vibe.
Back to top Go down
blaner
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 12:50 am

Here is a geno sprite sheet geno for smash (his name on DA) and me made :0
https://2img.net/h/s14.postimg.cc/qib9yz129/geno.png
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 4:41 am

Some animations seem stiff, but this sprite sheet is definitely a good starting point.
I would just make Geno Blast his Up-Special (make it function like Robin's Elfwind) and Geno Boost his Down-Special and give him a better taunt and an actual winpose, but aside from that, this is good enough of a replacement.
Back to top Go down
blaner
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 11:18 am

https://2img.net/h/s7.postimg.cc/6n6yhad6z/geno.png

edited some minor stuff
Back to top Go down
Geno Boost
Level 3 CPU
Geno Boost

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 8:46 am

the lastest version: (we work together)
https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/15/26/78/geno_c12.png
https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/15/26/78/geno_c13.png
fixed some stuff and added extra moveset (side smash and side aerial)
i guess we finished, right blaner?
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 12:46 pm

So the Smashified team just brought this out. I think it is just about in time for the Geno Rebalance  Smile
Geno Discussion - Page 3 Character-portrait
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Geno Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3