Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 12:11 am

Discuss, share opinions, ideas, etc. about Geno.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Heights
Level 4 CPU

Hyperbeam Canon

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 10:17 pm

Does anyone main Geno?

I'd like to hear how you guys play with him. I'm trying to get the hang of his attacks and I don't know the first thing about combos in this game. I just try to get lucky. Also his recovery, if that means up-smash, doesn't give much of a jump boost, but that's okay if for balance reasons.
His Smash attacks have no range, you have to get really close to get a hit, so I assume you'd depend on his normal special, which I really like. It's very powerful.

Here's the only video I found from a decent Geno user. Hope to find more Geno videos and even a tutorial for combos and stuff Smile

Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 1:28 pm

I know that his smash attacks hit "full power" before the charging finishes, maybe like 3/4 of the way, and if you charge for longer than that they become weaker

not sure on much else though
Back to top Go down
Crimson Heights
Level 4 CPU

Hyperbeam Canon

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:24 pm

I had no idea! I thought it was just for the laser beam attack, for nostalgic reasons, hehehehe. So you gotta time his other Smash attacks too? That's tough man..

Btw, I've been running him a few times and I never get "Special Up" to come up when using his recovery. That should increase the attacks of his beam attack, so did you guys get rid of that?
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 8:13 pm

From what I remember the up special gives attack up and defense up and last for a specific time or until he gets hit (?), and I think that either applies to all or most of his attacks

A coder would probably need to answer your questions
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 8:25 pm

Up B gives you a damage output buff and intake reduction. You can hold Up B if you used it from the ground for a 40% buff, or tap it for a faster version that gives 20% buff.

B gets stronger and bigger (indicated by stars) as you charge it but overcharging will force a release back at 1 star.

Side B is weak with decent hitstun. If you tap B the moment the projectile is going to leave his body, you'll see blue and yellow shockwaves as well indicating the good timing version, which is much stronger in terms of knockback but lacks any combo potential.

Down B traps the opponent in for multiple hits, and if you hold jump during it you can actually get into the air before your opponent's hitstun/hitstop actually completes, allowing a very skilled player to combo into any aerial they choose.

Fair is like Marth's without a tipper, great for combos. It's even possible to pseudo ken combo.
Dair has a meteor sweetspot at the extent of it's lower reach, everywhere else it's a strong horizontal hit
Bair projectile is set up so that if you follow right behind it and it does hit an opponent, you can combo off the hit.
Uair is pretty standard, so is Nair though both are decent at killing in the late percents

side tilt has 2 hits, though sometimes it's cool to get creative with leaving out the second hit and choosing a different followup option

Smash attacks dont have any charging gimmick, they have timing gimmicks. Press smash or A at the right moment and Dsmash will turn red or Ssmash will shoot a projectile. The former changes your smash attack KB angle, the latter gives you a projectile smash attack. Regular Dsmash is weaker but sends at a lower and more useful angle than it's counterpart.

Geno is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 6:08 am

Only thing I have to add is that using Down B while moving in the air is pretty effective because it stays out for a long time and even does decent damage.

Perfect Hell wrote:
Side B is weak with decent hitstun. If you tap B the moment the projectile is going to leave his body, you'll see blue and yellow shockwaves as well indicating the good timing version, which is much stronger in terms of knockback but lacks any combo potential.

Crap, I didn't even know that. I coded the character back in 0.8 - you guys must have added stuff. Smile
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:00 pm

I added the side B gimmick last version because it felt lacking
In the next version it will travel slower and have more stun, making the non-buffed version actually pretty good
Back to top Go down
Crimson Heights
Level 4 CPU

Hyperbeam Canon

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 5:07 pm

I was going to ask if you can let me control Geno's recovery while he's floating. I keep forgetting that I can't and I could of saved myself from an air attack if I could move slightly down and so on. You can do it since it's a weak recovery. He barely floats up, unlike Goku and Crash being able to go waaaay up high with the recover you gave them. At least give me control over it.
Back to top Go down
Geno Boost
Level 3 CPU
Geno Boost

Geno

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 11:37 am

oh my main is Geno he is tricky character to play as and become deadly if you master him
but i have small changes that i want to see for him.
i wish if someone changed Geno name to ♥♪!? because Geno isnt his real name its just the doll name

also i think A air move should be changed to a different move because Geno cape isnt an attack in SMRPG, its like having marth using his cape to attack, i think it should be changed to rolling while shooting small stars
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 2:05 pm

Geno Boost wrote:
oh my main is Geno he is tricky character to play as and become deadly if you master him
but i have small changes that i want to see for him.
i wish if someone changed Geno name to ♥️♪!? because Geno isnt his real name its just the doll name

also i think A air move should be changed to a different move because Geno cape isnt an attack in SMRPG, its like having marth using his cape to attack, i think it should be changed to rolling while shooting small stars
Only problem with ♥️♪!? is how to pronounce it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Geno Boost
Level 3 CPU
Geno Boost

Geno

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 4:07 am

just keep the annoncer say "Geno" because Geno said in SMRPG "call me Geno if its hard for you", but only the name should be changed to ♥♪!? because we can type/write it but we cant pronounce it
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:31 pm

Interesting...I was actually a Geno player myself back in 0.8.4 (I still prefer that version by the way, 0.9's screen flickers for some reason), and I was really confused by his Nair, so please change that. The name ♥♪!? could be typed in as ♥♪!? (Geno) in the character select screen.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 1:49 pm

Although using Geno's original name would be neat in theory, it would probably just cause confusion to unknowing players.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 5:41 pm

♥♪!? said his name to AngelGlory, but alas, AngelGlory said he could not pronounce ♥♪!?'s real name. So ♥♪!? said that "Geno" would be just fine.

And that is the story of how ♥♪!?'s name was Geno in Crusade.
Back to top Go down
Geno Boost
Level 3 CPU
Geno Boost

Geno

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 4:13 am

HypeConduit wrote:
Although using Geno's original name would be neat in theory, it would probably just cause confusion to unknowing players.
if Claus was in crusade we wont call him Masked man Right? we are goning to call him Claus because this is his real name, that should happen to ♥♪!?'s name too
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 7:24 am

Geno Boost wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:
if Claus was in crusade we wont call him Masked man Right? we are goning to call him Claus because this is his real name, that should happen to ♥♪!?'s name too

I would think people would call him Claus because it's shorter and less confusing. Most people remember Peach's original name as "Princess Toadstool", but I'm pretty sure most Smash players wouldn't bother calling her that due to both length and her having a much more recognizable name.
Back to top Go down
Geno Boost
Level 3 CPU
Geno Boost

Geno

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 8:35 am

HypeConduit wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:

I would think people would call him Claus because it's shorter and less confusing. Most people remember Peach's original name as "Princess Toadstool", but I'm pretty sure most Smash players wouldn't bother calling her that due to both length and her having a much more recognizable name.
but Geno is just the doll name not ♥♪!? the one who is controlling the doll
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 9:01 am

Geno Boost wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:

People recognize the name "Geno" more than "♥♪!?."
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 9:07 am

Ugh, why are we even discussing something as small as Geno's display name?
We should instead discuss about more important stuff, like his moveset.
I think that his Up Special and his Down Special should be swapped.
And while we're at it, give the Down Special (which would become the Up Special) some height boost ala Robin's Elfwind.
Also, I'm not really feeling that Geno voice, but then again, I have no idea, how Geno was supossed to sound when he was first introduced in SMRPG.
Back to top Go down
Geno Boost
Level 3 CPU
Geno Boost

Geno

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:38 am

C_Mill24 wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:

i know but that isnt a reason he can have both name in crusade, the anouncer will keep saying "Geno" but the name should be change to "♥♪!?" because we can type it but we cant prononce it
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:24 am

Geno Boost wrote:
C_Mill24 wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:
Geno Boost wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:

i know but that isnt a reason he can have both name in crusade, the anouncer will keep saying "Geno" but the name should be change to "♥♪!?" because we can type it but we cant prononce it
Just because people who have played Super Mario RPG know ♥♪!? is called "Geno" doesn't mean people who haven't played the game will understand it. It should be kept as Geno since it is not only easier to read and pronounce, but it also is more recognizable than ♥♪!?.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 1:52 pm

^
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 4:25 pm

*Chooses Geno*

"Heart Melody Exclamation Mark Question Mark!*

*Crowd Cheers*

:/
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 5:57 pm

Yea, that Geno voice is a nightmare.

If Geno had a voice, who should he sound like?
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 6:31 pm

should obviously sound like me
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 6:58 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2nhsiJTbHk

Skip to 4:35.
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 7:02 pm

Slissith wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2nhsiJTbHk

Skip to 4:35.
lol! Man what a throwback.

And honestly, Idk. I kinda imagined him sounding more like a 14-year-old for some reason. You know, slightly high-pitched voice but not like a little kid? I'm sorry if that's weird. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 7:55 pm

Macho Man Randy Savage
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 9:09 pm

Geno should be voiced by Laura Bailey Kappa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Geno Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geno Discussion   Geno Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Geno Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next