Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:44 pm

It being a Wii U pic does NOT mean it can't be a stage.
It was only said that stages would FOCUS on console games for Wii U and handheld games for 3DS, not that they would ONLY be on those versions.

As for playable, there's no way Xerneas is playable.
-No challenger approaching banner or profile update.
-Yveltal wouldn't be left out.
-It's a fucking four-legged deer. How is it going to use items, grab ledges and opponents, etc.? And if you say "magic" because of it being Fairy-type, I'm going beat you mercilessly with a trout.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:47 pm

I agree with Golden, if it was meant to be a character they would've shown a character approaching banner (and probably more than just its back)
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 2:08 am

Majin Sonic wrote:
It being a Wii U pic does NOT mean it can't be a stage.
It was only said that stages would FOCUS on console games for Wii U and handheld games for 3DS, not that they would ONLY be on those versions.

As for playable, there's no way Xerneas is playable.
-No challenger approaching banner or profile update. True, however we actually haven't seen any Newcomer revealed by the website yet, we don't actually know if they'll be teased like this
-Yveltal wouldn't be left out. Yveltal would be in the game somewhere, maybe a boss like the big yellow thing from Mega Man.
-It's a fucking four-legged deer. How is it going to use items, grab ledges and opponents, etc.? And if you say "magic" because of it being Fairy-type, I'm going beat you mercilessly with a trout. How can Gooey fight? How can Phoenix Wright fight? How can Ivysaur fight, how can Charizard fight? The answer is simple.

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 GIF_goldblum_Life_finds_a_way
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:38 am

That last point gave me cancer.
Gooey? Has a tongue to attack, use items with, grab opponents and ledges with.
Phoenix Wright? ....he's a fucking human. He's got arms that ain't broken.
Ivysaur? Vines used as appendages as seen in Brawl.
Charizard? .....arms.

What does Xerneas have? NONE OF THE ABOVE. No arms, no vines, no long versatile tongue, NOTHING.
My point was not that "derp how can Xerneas fight" because that's stupid. It's a powerful deer god thing. My point is that there is no logical way to have Xerneas be feasible and perform simple tasks that all characters are required to do.

Why is common sense so uncommon?

I get it, you love Xerneas. But use your head. Xerneas is not playable.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:39 am

I agree with you Golden, but god I wish I had mod powers just so that I could edit out those stupid and unnecessary last lines.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 11:05 am

Majin Sonic wrote:
That last point gave me cancer.
Gooey? Has a tongue to attack, use items with, grab opponents and ledges with.
Phoenix Wright? ....he's a fucking human. He's got arms that ain't broken.
Ivysaur? Vines used as appendages as seen in Brawl.
Charizard? .....arms.

What does Xerneas have? NONE OF THE ABOVE. No arms, no vines, no long versatile tongue, NOTHING.
My point was not that "derp how can Xerneas fight" because that's stupid. It's a powerful deer god thing. My point is that there is no logical way to have Xerneas be feasible and perform simple tasks that all characters are required to do.

Why is common sense so uncommon?

I get it, you love Xerneas. But use your head. Xerneas is not playable.
Xerneas has a head, perfect for ramming, he has feet, perfect for stomping. Honestly I don't see a reason Xerneas wouldn't work, and I don't know how to convince you short of writing a full moveset for him.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 11:20 am

He is talking about basic stuff like grabbing ledges, item grabs, item shoot, ladder climb, or even grabbing in general.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 11:50 am

Smash King wrote:
He is talking about basic stuff like grabbing ledges, item grabs, item shoot, ladder climb, or even grabbing in general.
THIS.

I'm well aware Xerneas can fight.
However, performing the most basic of tasks required of each character is another story.
Even Yveltal can work better at these tasks by having a beak and talons.
Back to top Go down
madam im adam
Level 5 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 12:21 pm

xerneas could stab an antler into an object to pick it up
genius
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 12:24 pm

madam im adam wrote:
genius
But then how would he shoot let say the Ray Gun? lol.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 12:25 pm

Smash King wrote:
madam im adam wrote:
genius
But then how would he shoot let say the Ray Gun? lol.
He has more than one antler. He uses the other antler to pull the other trigger.
genius
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 12:50 pm

We have yet to see Xerneas in the anime, so he could have telekinesis same as Mewtwo. As for the ladder climb, for all we know they could just not have them in stages any more, I mean have we actually seen a stage with ladders in yet?

I should also say I'm not by any means saying that Xerneas is playable, I am simply saying he could be.
Back to top Go down
madam im adam
Level 5 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 1:48 pm

doesn't ivysaur just like crawl up a ladder using all fours
xerneas could do the same so
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 4:18 pm

madam im adam wrote:
doesn't ivysaur just like crawl up a ladder using all fours
xerneas could do the same so
That wouldn't make sense considering Xerneas' size.

Xerneas is going to fall into the same category of Ridley for not making it as a playable character because it is too big.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:20 pm

Ok I'm going to state my opinion on this.

First, why would Sakurai bother to make a preview of a new character, seems pointless unless the model was not fully made, but even then it seems like a stupid idea especially for a brand new character, why not just wait 3 days and show the full thing. But hey, as I said it may just be unfinished so they just showed a preview.

Second, I find it very hard for a character like Xerneas to actually make it as a playable character due to size, and the fact it's a 4 legged deer. Sure Ivysaur got in, but he also had the ability to use vines which proved quite helpful, so unless Xerneas has telekinesis like Mewtwo, I don't see it being likely at all, especially if there are ladders. Yes you can with the old "How can so and so fight" but to me, that's a poor argument, and Ivysaur just got lucky to have his vines.

So I do not think that Xerneas will be playable, but instead a Pokeball character. FINAL OPINION HAHAR!
Back to top Go down
madam im adam
Level 5 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 6:01 pm

i wonder if sakurai thought this picture would induce such debate over whether or not xerneas is playable
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 6:13 pm

madam im adam wrote:
i wonder if sakurai thought this picture would induce such debate over whether or not xerneas is playable
I don't know if he would be laughing or cringing if he found out it did.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 6:14 pm

How big is this deer legendary Pokemon? Sorry, I dont have XY Sad
Back to top Go down
madam im adam
Level 5 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 6:39 pm

Smash King wrote:

9'10" according to my poster
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 4:21 am

madam im adam wrote:
Smash King wrote:

9'10" according to my poster
Yep, same in my Pokédex too.

I do think there is a really good chance for him to be playable. I mean if it was a stage, then it would be on 3DS, if it was a Pokéball, he would be a lot bigger because they don't scale Pokéballs. Plus the character model just looks too good.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 6:39 am

adventure mode boss
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 6:49 am

That is another strong possibility, but the scale would be a problem again. I mean in SSBB all boss characters were scaled normally, and Yellow Devil is massive. It makes sense that if he was a boss he would be the full 9 foot 10 inches.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 8:45 am

sakurai very obviously posted it to show off an X and Y based stage like Spear Pillar with Dialga and Palkia.

If you think that its anything else, I question you greatly.

Besides ganon, you have better things to do. If you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 8:57 am

DettaDoodleus wrote:
has anyone considered that maybe there's more than two feet between pikachu and xerneas???
btw Ganon I've put in a tiny request in the missing anims thread, if you have time to do that
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 9:18 am

GigaPichu wrote:
sakurai very obviously posted it to show off an X and Y based stage like Spear Pillar with Dialga and Palkia.

It can't be, all Wii U stages are based on console games, all 3DS stages are based on handheld. In other words if he was to tease a X/Y stage then it would have to be a 3DS screenshot.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 9:21 am

doesn't mean it isn't showing off a future console game thing.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 9:21 am

or, if someone else said, it could be a Pokeball Pokémon.

But hell no it aint a boss and HELL NO it aint a playable character.

Now go do your missing anims pls
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:48 am

GigaPichu wrote:

I'm guessing it is Geosenge Town.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 11:12 am

C_Mill24 wrote:
GigaPichu wrote:

I'm guessing it is Geosenge Town.
Geosenge would be the obvious choice, but again, it would be 3DS.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow what exactly it is. It's my honest opinion that Xerneas is most likely playable if I had to guess, you can call me stupid all you want but that's what I think this means.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 12:03 pm

C_Mill24 wrote:
madam im adam wrote:
I don't know if he would be laughing or cringing if he found out it did.
I like to think he cries himself to sleep at night knowing there are autists meticulously crafting detailed roster predictions on Smashboards, arguing about them so passionately it's hard to tell where the irony ends and the sincerity begins
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next