View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 4:48 am

I understand the quote, but I have no idea about the attack or attacker, except for it is most likely the third player. Very interesting quote Razz
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 7:05 am

Sanic is mowing aroun at ae sped of sund.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 8:14 am

Furry Heihachi wrote:
I edited my post as you typed with the quote. Normally Sakurai is pretty blunt about what we're seeing.
Get your ass kicked so hard you get star KO'd.

That's what it sounds like to me.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 8:45 am

What SP said.

Pretty sure it's referring to being sent flying fast enough to get that new KO Designation trail while cracking a joke about being Star KO'd.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 8:46 am

iirc there was a new effect where you have a trail like that behind you when you're hit hard with high damage
Back to top Go down
Keven
Level 5 CPU
Keven

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 9:50 am

Little Mac Star Uppercut ?
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 11:10 am

GigaPichu wrote:
iirc there was a new effect where you have a trail like that behind you when you're hit hard with high damage
The only new visual effects concerning KO is that the effects are colored (red, blue, yellow, green) to identify who was the player that got the last hit prior to the KO.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Smash King wrote:
GigaPichu wrote:
The only new visual effects concerning KO is that the effects are colored (red, blue, yellow, green) to identify who was the player that got the last hit prior to the KO.
That's not new.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 2:31 pm

Actually, it was not in the previous smash games.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 2:37 pm

Smash King wrote:
(I think he was referencing that it has already been shown before in this game...)
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 4:44 pm

Dr.CanadianBacon wrote:
Smash King wrote:
(I think he was referencing that it has already been shown before in this game...)
No, they were in previous games. If you play Melee or Brawl, the KO explosions are color coded. Play the game and educate yourself.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 5:01 pm

The explosions are color coded, but not the new trail effect. The color coded trail IS new.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 5:08 pm

C_Mill24 wrote:
Dr.CanadianBacon wrote:
Smash King wrote:
No, they were in previous games. If you play Melee or Brawl, the KO explosions are color coded. Play the game and educate yourself.
That's not what he's talking about.
Perhaps it is you that needs to educate yourself.

He's talking about a new feature in SSB4 that I dub the KO Designation Trail.
When a character is sent flying hard enough, they have a trail that's color-coded to the player that will get the point should that character be KO'd.

Example:
Player 1 = Villager
Player 2 = Sonic
Player 3 = Luigi
Player 4 = Pit

They're fighting in a free for all, and eventually, Luigi hits Sonic with a strong hit that sends him flying. Sonic has a yellow trail as he's flying (just like Toon Link in the picture) to show that if Sonic doesn't make it back to the stage, Luigi gets a point.

This was first shown off on the July 26th image.
Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 ZlCfzREFdOQyiTflEA

Quote :

"Pic of the day. The impact-launch effect has been powered up. The assigned color makes it clear which player will get points in the event of a KO."
-Masahiro Sakurai
Back to top Go down
DangerMD (Senor)
Level 4 CPU
DangerMD (Senor)

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 2:47 pm

16-oct screenie:

I've never played Skyward Sword, but, is that huge red beam supposed to be there? just askin.
Back to top Go down
http://dangermd.deviantart.com
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 2:59 pm

I vaguely think that could have been a guide for where to fly to in order to reach a point in the normal world.

I haven't played in ages though.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 4:43 pm

Yea, that red beam is the entrance to the world below. Nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:14 am

Breaking news! Xerneas is in SSB4!

No idea what role, but that model looks good enough for a character IMO. He's also clearly in the foreground, but that could still mean a Pokéball.

EDIT: Sakurai says "Pic of the day. We have nothing to announce today regarding Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Really!"
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 4:23 am

Furry Heihachi wrote:

No idea what role, but that model looks good enough for a character IMO. He's also clearly in the foreground, but that could still mean a Pokéball.

EDIT: Sakurai says "Pic of the day. We have nothing to announce today regarding Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Really!"
I have doubts it's a new character, perhaps they just want to go really strong on the game, and make the pokeball pokemon models almost as good as player models.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 4:39 am

It's probably a PokéBall or part of a stage
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 4:42 am

Dr.CanadianBacon wrote:
Furry Heihachi wrote:

I have doubts it's a new character, perhaps they just want to go really strong on the game, and make the pokeball pokemon models almost as good as player models.
Quite possibly. In Brawl however they were pretty poor. And they clearly the same as Brawl are giving character models priority, proof being if you look at Conductor Link on the Spirit Tracks stage.

Also I struggle to believe any character can't work as a playable, especially after seeing WFT, Villager, Charizard and Ivysaur.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 5:03 am

The main problem with Xerneas being playable is the inevitable "what about Yvyletlal (or however you spell it?"
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 5:16 am

Furry Heihachi wrote:
Dr.CanadianBacon wrote:
Furry Heihachi wrote:

Quite possibly. In Brawl however they were pretty poor. And they clearly the same as Brawl are giving character models priority, proof being if you look at Conductor Link on the Spirit Tracks stage.

Also I struggle to believe any character can't work as a playable, especially after seeing WFT, Villager, Charizard and Ivysaur.
This is true, but Spirit Tracks Toon Link may look like that simply to represent him in the original game, yet I may be wrong. Sakurai's quote may also be sarcastic hinting that this character may be playable, even if I would much prefer Mewtwo Razz. Another thing is the size of the Xerneas, is he smaller than normal?
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 6:02 am

Xerneas is 9 foot, 10 inches according to the Pokédex, so I don't think so really, when you compare Pikachu to a standard human character like Link.
Back to top Go down
Keven
Level 5 CPU
Keven

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 6:17 am

The Tallest Pokemon was Mewtwo with 6 foot, 07 inches its tall but atleast humain-size Xerneas for me is a Pokeball Pokemon and i dont think Xerneas is a Boss because but i could be wrong we just have to wait .

Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 6:20 am

has anyone considered that maybe there's more than two feet between pikachu and xerneas???

all the non-playable pokemon are typically at the correct scale compared to each other (all pokeballs and background pokemon)
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 7:40 am

Smash doesn't care about sizes.

Not that I think Xerneas is gonna be playable, mind you, just that size is almost never a factor.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 9:54 am

Dry wrote:
Smash doesn't care about sizes.

Not that I think Xerneas is gonna be playable, mind you, just that size is almost never a factor.
Almost never, it's true that Pokéball characters generally follow size ratios.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 10:19 am

But then there's the perspective issue Det mentioned. You can't see the bottom half, we have no idea how far away Xerneas actually is.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 11:52 am

I definitely believe its a PokeBall Pokemon.

1. Why would 1 out of 2 mascot legendaries of the same gen be playable? Why would X have more priority than Y? Plus, with past vets like Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Lucario, & Pokemon Trainer to consider, I doubt that there is room for both X & Y, so I dont see either one being playable.

2. I doubt Sakurai would hint a newcomer by showing off one of it's most obvious features before confirming it.

3. Since Pokemon XY are on the 3DS, it only makes sense for an XY stage to appear on the 3DS version of Smash. The picture was obviously taken on a Wii U stage. So this pretty much eliminates this Pokemon as a stage hazard. Unless, there is an upcoming Wii U Pokemon game that features 6th gen Pokemon, but I doubt it that it'll get a stage.

Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 12:45 pm

1. Yveltal flies constantly and I don't think can even walk properly. So Xerneas is the obvious choice.

2. I think he would IMO.

3. Very good point, we can rule out a stage I think then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 18 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next