View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 12:10 pm

queen of crusade wrote:
C_Mill24 wrote:
madam im adam wrote:
i wonder if sakurai thought this picture would induce such debate over whether or not xerneas is playable
I don't know if he would be laughing or cringing if he found out it did.
I like to think he cries himself to sleep at night knowing there are autists meticulously crafting detailed roster predictions on Smashboards, arguing about them so passionately it's hard to tell where the irony ends and the sincerity begins
And each and everyone of them has Geno, Ridley, Cloud, and all other plausibly impossible character additions. Not to mention saturated with Sonic characters.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 3:19 pm

Furry Heihachi wrote:
It can't be, all Wii U stages are based on console games, all 3DS stages are based on handheld. In other words if he was to tease a X/Y stage then it would have to be a 3DS screenshot.
All Wii U stages are based on console games, eh?

Then explain the Pilotwings stage since Pilotwings Resort was a 3DS title.

I said it before, and I'll say it again.
Wii U is FOCUSING on console games and 3DS is FOCUSING on handheld games.
However, they are not limited to those systems.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 3:29 pm

Majin Sonic wrote:
Furry Heihachi wrote:
It can't be, all Wii U stages are based on console games, all 3DS stages are based on handheld. In other words if he was to tease a X/Y stage then it would have to be a 3DS screenshot.

take a deep breath
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 4:04 pm

Majin Sonic wrote:
Furry Heihachi wrote:

Pilotwings starts on the SNES island and then goes to Wuhu Island which originates from Wii Sports Resort. It's just as much console as handheld.

We'll find out in about 10 hours anyway. I'm calling playable personally (And I know you guys mainly differ Razz)
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 4:05 pm

That post was far less heated than my previous ones.
So kindly mind your business, k?
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 4:10 pm

Furry Heihachi wrote:
Majin Sonic wrote:
Furry Heihachi wrote:

Pilotwings starts on the SNES island and then goes to Wuhu Island which originates from Wii Sports Resort. It's just as much console as handheld.

We'll find out in about 10 hours anyway. I'm calling playable personally (And I know you guys mainly differ Razz)
Then why have we not seen Gerudo Valley on Wii U despite Ocarina of Time being initially on N64, a console?
Unless you're going to tell me that it's "just as much" handheld due to the 3DS remake, when that's the only handheld it's ever been on as opposed to the N64, Gamecube, and Wii (through Virtual Console)?
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 4:12 pm

it'll be so satisfying to see ganon end up wrong.

i dont care how nerdy or fedora-neckbeard smashboards-y that makes me sound. XD
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 4:14 pm

GigaPichu wrote:
it'll be so satisfying to see ganon end up wrong.

i dont care how nerdy or fedora-neckbeard smashboards-y that makes me sound. XD
Agreed.
Though I really don't care if that makes me sound like a Smashboarder because I am a Smashboarder.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 4:16 pm

Majin Sonic wrote:
That post was far less heated than my previous ones.
So kindly mind your business, k?
Sorry?
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 4:18 pm

Not you, Luke.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 4:20 pm

Majin Sonic wrote:
Not you, Luke.
Ah, okay.

And while you mention it Giga, it would be satisfying to be right. As I say though it is merely a guess, there is a very strong chance I'm wrong, but I do believe it is the most likely outcome.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 4:22 pm

@Ganon: Not gonna change your opinion on your thoughts on Friday's pic, but I find it unbelievable how you really think that a playable Xernias is a strong possibility, especially looking into your logic of it.

As stated before, why would Sakurai add 1-half of the legendary gen duo without the other. Also, I doubt he will use up 2 Pokemon spots (2 out of 4-5 to my speculation) for 2 legendary duos of the most recent gen that already have a debatable chance of even working as a playable due to possibly being unable to do basic stuff.

Also, I would like to point out that I highly doubt that this is even a new Pokemon stage. I strongly believe that this is the sky over the ocean of the Pilotwing stage. Xernias is probably only there cause it came out of a Pokeball. There does seem to be a distance between Pikachu & Xernias as Det had stated. Pikachu is very likely a good couple of feet away from Xernias on a higher platform (thus why we only see the antlers).

So my best guess is that Pikachu is standing on the left wing of a Pilotwing plane while Xernias is standing on the center after popping out of a Pokeball. The pic was likely taken while the plane was making a right turn, thus raising the left wing. Since Pikachu is standing on the left wing while Xernias is on the center plane, it not only makes it look like Pikachu is standing on a platform, but also that they are distant from one another, which makes Xernias appear smaller than he already does within the image, which is not the case.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 5:05 pm

Xerneas could easily use his mouth for items, and Yveltal could be a boss same as Yellow Devil. I don't think ledge grabbing wouldn't look too odd and he could climb ladders same as Ivysaur.

The reason they would pick Xerneas over Yveltal is because Yveltal can fly and I don't think he can even walk properly unlike characters like Ridley or Charizard making him pretty much incompatible to be playable. There are only three new legends this generation and it's quite clear we do need a rep for X/Y. Seeing as there are no real standout characters this generation unlike Lucario the choice really is between a deer, a bird, a slug, or the Kalos Trainer, and if they don't want three new characters with the trainer it makes sense to me Xerneas is the best pick. I mean I have no doubt we will be getting an X/Y rep on the roster, and can you think of anybody better?
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 5:29 pm

But then here is where there is a problem.

Yveltal has legs, am I correct? So he is at least capable of standing and take a small walk. Though dashing is not really an issue for it since it can just fly forward similar to Charizard & Metaknight. So mobility shouldn't be an issue for Yveltal.

But the biggest flaw to this whole thing is that if Sakurai can only make 1 of 2 legendaries work, then he is likely not gonna add neither of them then. Cause the thing with Xerneas & Yveltal is that they are equally a representation of their respective versions of 6th gen. So having 1 without the other just doesn't fit regardless, no matter of you look at physical limitations or not.

Speaking of Xerneas, you say it can use it's antlers for item use. Those antlers are as stiff as rocks from the gameplay videos I've seen. Sure it can scoop it's head down to pick up the item so the item can be placed between the antlers. But how in the world will it be able to shoot lets say a Ray Gun or Super Scope? It physically can't since the antlers can't pull the trigger while the gun is wedged between the antlers.

Another thing I noticed about the image is that Xerneas is facing the opposite direction of the screen, which means the camera only got the shot of the back of it's head.

Also, I would like to note something about legendary duos in Smash's history. In Melee, Lugia & Ho'oh were Pokeballs. In Brawl, they had Groudon & Kyogre (forgot what gen they are from) as Pokeballs. So with the history of legendary cover box duos in Smash, what are the chances Xerneas & Yveltal being playable, especially since Mega Evolution & previous Pokemon have been a great focus for 6th gen?

As for a 6th gen playable. Mewtwo can work. Sure he is 1st gen, but he appears to have such huge relevancy within the 6th gen movie & Mega Evolution (something that appears to be 6th gen strongest feature).

So yea, I think your set for a huge disappointment if/once Xerneas is not playable. lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 5:55 pm

Majin Sonic wrote:
Not you, Luke.
actually believing I'm luke
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 6:13 pm

queen of crusade wrote:
Majin Sonic wrote:
Not you, Luke.
actually believing I'm luke
Seriously?

And also, to whoever suggested that Xerneas could use items with its antlers, what were you smoking when you suggested that?
Back to top Go down
madam im adam
Level 5 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 pm

queen of crusade is actually generic
im yuchi
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:57 am

C_Mill24 wrote:
And also, to whoever suggested that Xerneas could use items with its antlers, what were you smoking when you suggested that?
Yeah, I clearly said mouth.

And I would not be disappointed if Xerneas isn't playable, I'm merely trying to guess.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 10:08 am

Hmm, so from what is said on today's update, the meteor smash attacks now have a new sound effect to it.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 5:14 am

"Pic of the day. The graphical differences of the Spin Attacks are clear. The way they hit are actually very different too."
Were they "Actually very different" in brawl as well, or is he adding something to Toon Link's? Idk
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 5:55 am

They were different in Brawl
Back to top Go down
DC9
Level 3 CPU
DC9

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 6:13 am

Where the hell is Yoshi?
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:21 am

DC9 wrote:
Where the hell is Yoshi?
Patience, we don't have the full roster yet.

I think you need to take a chill-pill.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:35 pm

@Bacon, barely. Main difference was TL's much greater height gain
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 5:45 pm

Dry wrote:
except for the fact that, on the ground, link's had (relatively) massive knockback and tink's sucked people inwards with multiple hits before an ending blow
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 5:56 pm

DettaDoodleus wrote:
Dry wrote:
except for the fact that, on the ground, link's had (relatively) massive knockback and tink's sucked people inwards with multiple hits before an ending blow
Ah, so kinda like Mario and Luigi's spin attack. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 11:50 pm

Well, it appears that Sakurai is posting pictures early recently. Today, he posted an hour and a half early. Mind you, today's pic is nothing special.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 2:58 am

Looks like it's confirmed that you'll be able to choose the Male Trainer too.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 4:11 am

Furry Heihachi wrote:
Looks like it's confirmed that you'll be able to choose the Male Trainer too.
EWWWWW GUYS HAVE COOTIES. Actually, I'm going to assume that this may mean something big in my opinion. It seems like the Wario thing, but for more characters, like an Alt. Costume! Perhaps we could be seeing more of these as well, such as Dry Bowser. But this is just an assumption. Cool picture today!
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 5:34 am

So Male Wii Fit Trainer is confirmed as an alt

I will now be hoping that the Villager has a female character alt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 20 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next