"Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED] - Page 2 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which day and time would be easier for you guys..
Sunday April 7th 12pm(pst)
"Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED] - Page 2 Bar_left38%"Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED] - Page 2 Bar_right
 38% [ 3 ]
Saturday March 30th 5 or 5:30pm(pst)
"Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED] - Page 2 Bar_left62%"Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED] - Page 2 Bar_right
 62% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
LightZX
Level 5 CPU
LightZX

"Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED]   "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED] - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 7:47 pm

YAAAAYYYY I got second place. I don't know how but I did.
Back to top Go down
Traweezie

Traweezie

PostSubject: Re: "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED]   "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED] - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:14 pm

THE TOURNAMENT IS OVER! I hope everyone had fun. The updated bracket is in the OP
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/traweezie?feature=mhee
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED]   "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED] - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:20 pm

Yay!!! Eighth Clap
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/
kingruler999
Level 3 CPU
kingruler999

PostSubject: Re: "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED]   "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED] - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 6:30 am

I lost to Felix 1-2, but it was fun.
Back to top Go down
CoolDude
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED]   "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED] - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 3:22 pm

When is the next one?
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED]   "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED] - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Anyone is open to start their own tourney if they like. Don't have to wait for one to happen.
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED]   "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED] - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 4:45 pm

Smash King wrote:
Anyone is open to start their own tourney if they like. Don't have to wait for one to happen.
Last Time I tried to start a tourney it died on the spot so yeah.
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/

PostSubject: Re: "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED]   "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED] - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 5:41 pm

So much for reviving the tourney scene.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED]   "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED] - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 5:48 pm

It'll be more active when we figure out how that new network works and when 0.9 comes out for sure.
Back to top Go down
Traweezie

Traweezie

PostSubject: Re: "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED]   "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED] - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:10 pm

Mistress wrote:

Well Idk why but for some reason people are scared to make tourneys. I'm like the only one that would've been actively doing them but I got majorly busy so I can't do that anymore.. unless I run one like toast with the points and stuff. Organizing it plays a big part too but small tourneys like this one is so easy to mange anyone could do it.

So hopefully people will start making tourneys instead of waiting for the next guy to do so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED]   "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED] - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:38 pm

Traweezie wrote:
Mistress wrote:

Well Idk why but for some reason people are scared to make tourneys. I'm like the only one that would've been actively doing them but I got majorly busy so I can't do that anymore.. unless I run one like toast with the points and stuff. Organizing it plays a big part too but small tourneys like this one is so easy to mange anyone could do it.

So hopefully people will start making tourneys instead of waiting for the next guy to do so.

Aside from that Evolve thing, I don't see anything that could motivate people to revive the tourney scene aside from 0.9, which won't be out for quite a while. Your effort was appreciated, but until more people see that this game is alive, it seems like they tourney scene will stay dead.

Also, I thought you weren't coming back to this place.
Back to top Go down
Traweezie

Traweezie

PostSubject: Re: "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED]   "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED] - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:52 pm

Mistress wrote:
Also, I thought you weren't coming back to this place.

Well at first I came to tell people I got a wii and posted my brawl friend code or whatever then I saw alot of stuff I thought I would reply to and it just happened.

But yeah motivation is a big part of it too but that's still no excuse.. through the year or so I've been here only about 5 to 6 people made tourneys.. about 3 to 4 people (Maybe even less) actually had they're tourney finished. The scene itself is unknown which is why no one really talks about it, thus making it less appealing than what should be. Announcements and Advertising has a ton to do with it too. That's how I can fill up spots for tourneys in less than a day or so.

Simply put, if your not doing this now what makes you think your going to make an successful tourney by the time .9 comes around? practice makes prefect y'all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED]   "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED] - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:59 pm

I wouldn't expect the tourney scene to blossom the moment 0.9 is out. Once plenty of people are given enough time to adapt to 0.9's changes, then maybe then we could try again to reignite the tourney flames.

But as long as 0.9 is still in the works and most people are still in the dark about how to set up a tourney, I still expect the tournament scene to remain as dead as it is now.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED]   "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED] - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:55 pm

On the forum, sure. If we include the facebook crowd, tourney numbers could go up considerably.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED]   "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 6:18 am

If signups were held on Facebook then it would be easier to organize a tourney involving players outside the forum. I think we should try that, there is some potential in having the actual tourney scene outside the forums.
Back to top Go down
Traweezie

Traweezie

PostSubject: Re: "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED]   "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:57 pm

Well it depends... If you could announce it on the like page or make a page just for tourney stuff, we could gather more players. Youtube is another way to get players. Just Announce and Advertise and people will play.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED]   "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED] - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 9:26 pm

everyone's win/loss record has been updated from this tourney and now this will go into the completed tourney boards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED]   "Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Let's revive the tourney scene" Tourney[FINISHED]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2