View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! Empty
PostSubject: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 6:34 pm

IT IS I! THE VERY FAMOUS ROYAL GUARDSMAN, PAPYRUS, FROM THE HIT GAME "UNDERTALE"!

Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! Il_340x270.895814854_11aw
THAT'S ME! ON THE RIGHT! AND MY LAZY BROTHER ON THE LEFT!

hey

I HEARD THAT THERE IS SOME EVENT GOING ON HERE, AND I WASN'T INVITED! SOMETHING ABOUT FIGHTING... I CAN DO THAT!

what about undyne? she can fight better than you

BUT ANOTHER REQUIREMENT WAS POPULARITY! AND I AM THE EPITOME OF POPULARITY!

uh huh. but why would they pick you to fight? what can you do?

BECAUSE I AM VERY GREAT! MY BONE ATTACKS REACH FAR AND ARE FULL OF JAPES. EVERYBODY LOVES JAPES! EXCEPT UNDYNE... I AM ALSO AN EXPERT AT PUZZLES! THEY ARE VERY FAIR, AND MY TRAPS ARE EXPERTLY COOKED.

whatever you say, pal. i'll find a good spot to watch, wouldn't want you to get bonely out there

SANS!!!

you should tall about your cool moves

OH, GREAT IDEA! I'LL GIVE THOSE PEOPLE A TASTE OF MY SPECIAL ATTACKS!

__________________________________________________________________________________

Regular Attacks: Bones
MY NORMAL ATTACKS ARE... BORING, REGULAR BONE ATTACKS DONE IN MANY DIFFERENT WAYS, SUCH AS SWINGING THEM, THROWING THEM, AND SHOVING THEM. NOT VERY INTERESTING. HOWEVER, I CAN MAKE THEM STRONGER BY FOCUSING REALLY HARD! THIS INVOLVES 'HOLDING DOWN THE BUTTON', WHATEVER THAT MEANS. BUT WHEN I DO SO, THE BONES TURN BLUE! THIS MAKES THEM STRONGER, BUT WON'T HIT YOU IF YOU'RE NOT MOVING, EVEN IF YOU COWER BEHIND A SHIELD.

Down Aerial: Temper Tantrum
WAIT, WHAT? WHO NAMED THIS ATTACK? I WOULD HAVE CALLED IT 'ULTIMATE FEET OF POPULARITY' AS I STOMP MY FOE BELOW ME INTO SUBMISSION, WITH MULTIPLE KICKS INTO A TRIUMPHANT SLAM! I BLAME SANS.

Neutral Special: Blue Attack
THIS IS MY FABLED "SPECIAL ATTACK"! I PUT MY HAND OUT AND A BLUE HEART APPEARS! IT TURNS YOU BLUE! YOU THEN HAVE A BLUE TINT! AND IT RESTRICTS YOUR MOVEMENT SOMEHOW! SOMETHING ABOUT LOSING A SECOND JUMP AND INCREASED 'GRAVITY'... IT DOESN'T LAST FOREVER, UNFORTUNATELY, BUT 10 SECONDS IS ALL I NEED!

Side Special: Electricity Orb
YOU MIGHT FIND THIS ATTACK QUITE SHOCKING... AS IT IS AN ELECTRIC ORB! MODIFIED FROM MY WORLD FAMOUS ELECTRICITY MAZE PUZZLE! I GIVE IT A TOSS, AND IT LATCHES ON TO A HELPLESS HUMAN (OR ANY OTHER CREATURE) FOR A SHORT TIME, GIVING A HEARTY ZAP WHENEVER THAT FOE DECIDES TO MOVE, DEALING A SMALL PERCENTAGE EVERY SO OFTEN WHILE IN MOTION!

Up Special: Spear of Justice
I TALKED TO UNDYNE ABOUT ENTERING A FIGHT, AND SHE THREW ME OUT OF HER HOUSE. SHE ALSO UNWITTINGLY GAVE ME ONE OF HER SPEARS, WHICH I CAN THRUST INTO THE AIR TO RISE UPWARD! I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS WORKS, BUT IT DOES. I'LL ASK UNDYNE ABOUT IT LATER.

Down Speical: Pasta Trap
LIKE I SAID BEFORE, MY TRAPS ARE EXPERTLY COOKED. THIS AIN'T ANY PLAIN OLD PASTA, THOUGH. FINELY AGED IN AN OAKEN CASK, HANDWOVEN BY THE FINEST ITALIAN... WAIT, HOW DO WE EVEN KNOW WHAT ITALY IS? IRREGARDLESS, THIS SPAGHETTI IS IRRESISTABLE TO ANY WHO GET TOO CLOSE! THEY WILL THEN REALIZE THEY AREN'T FIGHTING, AND INSTEAD REGAINING HEALTH! IT'S TOO IRRESISTABLE EVEN TO ME, HOWEVER...

Final Smash: Megalovania
I DID HAVE A REALLY COOL ATTACK FOR MY 'FINAL ATTACK', BUT AN ANNOYING DOG TOOK IT. SANS, DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING I CAN USE INSTEAD?

fine, guess i have to do everything

Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! 90322708_144x108.png?v=1449346340

WHAT IS THAT GIANT SKULL FACE? AND LASERS? WOWIE, I'M IMPRESSED!

Taunt:
SANS LIKES TO MAKE PUNS. HE DOES THIS TOO MUCH... AND IT SEEMS ALL OF MY OPPONENTS HAVE JUST GIVEN HIM MORE MATERIAL.

i have a skele-ton of them

SANS!!!

___________________________________________________________________________________

so, uh, are you ever going to finish this? it's still missing your normal attacks

I'M STILL SORTING THROUGH MY BONES. I'LL GET TO IT! YOU'RE ONE TO TALK, CRITICIZING ME FOR BEING LAZY... BUT ONCE IT'S DONE, I'LL GET THE LAST LAUGH! NYEH HEH HEH!

SUPPORTERS OF THE GREAT PAPYRUS:
Roy
Naughty Ottsel
VultureDuck
OmegaSteve777
TrinitroMan
TheRedBeast
davi_taborda

Last edited by Roy on Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:09 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 7:24 pm

If he can be an Ice Climbers like duo with Sans I'll support

Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 7:34 pm

I mean it sounds fun and all, but I don't know if Undertale is fit for Crusade.

Although you did great on the presentation.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 7:37 pm

Also, shame on you for not putting Bonetrousle in the OP

Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 7:44 pm

Keybladeguy wrote:
If he can be an Ice Climbers like duo with Sans I'll support
YOU WANT ME TO FIGHT WITH THAT LAZYBONES? WE WOULDN'T GET ANYTHING DONE!

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
I mean it sounds fun and all, but I don't know if Undertale is fit for Crusade.

Although you did great on the presentation.
HOW IS UNDERTALE NOT A GREAT FIT? IT HAS ME! AND THANKS, I DO MY BEST!

Keybladeguy wrote:
Also, shame on you for not putting Bonetrousle in the OP
SOMEHOW YOU MISSED THE SONG NEAR THE START OF MY POSTING. HOWEVER, I DO NOT BLAME YOU - I WOULD ALSO RATHER STARE AT MY IMAGE, WHICH HAPPENED TO BE RIGHT BELOW IT.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 8:16 pm

The presentation is fantastic, and the Specials are, well, what they should be. Special. I especially like the Down Special. How would the Neutral Special work, in terms of executing it?
Overall, I like it a lot. Looks great so far, and I want a reason to justify putting Undertale music in Crusade. Papyrus is definitely the most popular and recognizable Undertale character, enough that having him rather than Frisk is justifiable. As it is right now, I support.

Shaq, when you get here, be gentle.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 8:52 pm

Naughty Ottsel wrote:
How would the Neutral Special work, in terms of executing it?
Overall, I like it a lot. Looks great so far, and I want a reason to justify putting Undertale music in Crusade. Papyrus is definitely the most popular and recognizable Undertale character, enough that having him rather than Frisk is justifiable. As it is right now, I support.
THAT'S EASY! I JUST PUT MY HAND OUT, AND A BLUE HEART APPEARS! AND IT TURNS THE HUMAN BLUE! THAT'S MY ATTACK!

FRISK JUST HUGS AND TALKS, NO REAL ATTACKS. THUS, I HAD TO STEP IN! AND THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE GREATEST ROYAL GUARDSMAN! (NOTE: NOT YET A ROYAL GUARDSMAN)
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 10:23 pm

Not supporting, have said everything needed to be said in the Frisk thread.

Roy, I love ya, great presentation, but...perhaps make a version for normal people?
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 12:58 am

Eh, if we were going to have an Undertale rep, it would either be Frisk or Sans.
And considering the last thread, I highly doubt that we'll get one.
So no support.
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 5:05 am

I support. Next to Sans, Papyrus is one of my favorite characters from Undertale, and having him as a playable character in a Smash Bros. game would be fun.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 10:47 am

Ok, I've had a change of heart. I'll support, but I'm not sure how the more casual fans will enjoy it. (You know the ones. The ones that aren't on the forum and complain about crap that every one knows already, like the sprites)
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 2:28 pm

WOWIE... JUST A DOZEN MORE SUPPORTERS, AND I'LL HAVE A DOUBLE DIGIT SUPPORT COUNT!

it seems like some people want me to fight, but i'd rather just watch. i love doing nothing
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 11:49 am

As a Papyrus fan, I might as well support, though it does feel weird that the only representation that Undertale would get in Smash would not be the main protagonist, but what can I do...
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 9:26 pm

I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS. FIND YOUR SPEAKING SKILLS MOST FOUL. THERE IS NO ZEST WITHIN THEM.

DO NOT WORRY, FOR I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION TO YOUR ERROR!

- - - - -
I feel that the moveset is rather lacking in focus. What is a Papyrus player's game plan? Is it just to land free gimps? That doesn't sound very enjoyable to play against or anything special.

I think you're on to something with him being able to inflict a status condition of some sort, but the idea of the move originally was to change the gameplay from traditional top down to platforming. Removing the ability to jump doesn't really reflect the original ability, so limiting the opponent's movement in a different fashion may work better. Perhaps increase their gravity so the character becomes a fast faller? It could make Fox and Falco have a fatal matchup versus Papyrus if he increases their fall speed to the point where they're basically metal without the weight and armor buff. This way Papyrus' main focus is to keep opponents close by so he can he try to act cool in front of his opponents more before they get flung by his awesomeness. It adds to your original idea while have much more flair to it and still allows opponents a chance to recover.

Additionally, I feel while the other specials are good nods, but they don't really add to his game plan  (well primarily the Side and Down Specials). If you're gimping left and right % isn't necessary, unless Papyrus is comically weak despite being canonically considered strong there's no reason for it aside from the nod. Additionally the Down Special lays a trap, but what is the trap supposed to set up? Is there some specific way to turn people Blue that requires a setup like that?

Finally, the Final Smash is rather lame. It should be the Papyrus's Final Attack. It acts a grab move in a similar vein to that of Mega Man's or Captain Falcon's. He essentially captures you and prepares to use it, but as he unleashes it the Annoying Dog appears lands on the captured the opponents. If any opponents are over 100% after the dog lands, the Annoying Dog will absorb them  and leave, instantly KOing them. Those that do not get absorbed simply get launched.

I feel like there needs to be more information placed here to understand what you think the character needs to standout. As far as I understand this character is the ultimate Little Mac killer, which honestly isn't that interesting or fun imo.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 10:54 pm

WOWIE, I'M IMPRESSED!

(I'll reply to the rest of your post normally, I'm feeling a bit sans-ish)

- I'm not really sure for an overal gameplay... I'm thinking fairly average in most aspects, being able to restrict his opponent's options in exchange for some KO power (since he isn't too keen on killing).
- I thought about increasing gravity for turning blue, but I'm not sure how much he'll have in the way of combos, so it may end up mostly worthless like Ashley's, and isn't really clear to the average player what it is doing. That's why I thought about limiting movement somewhat... but maybe I need to rethink that.
- He'll have a few tricks in his normals (thinking down tilt for a colored tile, but might make that a special and move the orb to a standard move). He's less about gimping and more about restricting his opponent's options, making it easier for Papyrus to find openings.
- I understand the Final Smash is lame, but I did want to incorporate Sans somewhere outside of just sitting in the background ala Pokemon Trainer. I'll consider that.

I did have one significant gimmick in mind - for any of his standard bone attacks, you can hold down the attack button to turn it blue, causing increased damage and knockback, but will do absolutely nothing if his opponent is standing still (including shielded), allowing some counterplay while allowing him to play more mindgames with his opponent.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 1:14 am

Not knowledgeable enough to comment on the rest, but I wanted to give my whole support to Sans as the Final Smash. Maybe make it very much so a bullet hell attack to make it more unique. Or have the music of the stage stop when Papyrus initiates the Final Smash and Megalovania plays while Sans fires the lasers.
Back to top Go down
TheRedBeast
Level 3 CPU
TheRedBeast

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 3:47 pm

i will support too the great papyrus!!!!
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 11:04 pm

I'm sorry but for me it's sans or no Undertale character at all. Assist Trophies, go nuts but sans is the only logical choice for an Undertale rep.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 1:14 am

Keybladeguy wrote:
I'm sorry but for me it's sans or no Undertale character at all. Assist Trophies, go nuts but sans is the only logical choice for an Undertale rep.

Papyrus is just as iconic, also sans likes doing nothing. He can just sit in the background doing his favorite thing.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 10:48 am

Sans does something if there is a reason for it.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 12:41 pm

Keybladeguy wrote:
Sans does something if there is a reason for it.

He does the final smash.

That's all he needs to do because I can't think of a good final smash for Papyrus.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 1:17 pm

While I won't support, I do think that Papyrus is the better choice for UNDERTALE because he is an early, though iconic character that isn't filled with spoilers (sans). The reason why Frisk isn't a good choice is because Frisk's actions are up to the player's choices, making it difficult to properly nail down the character.

I should point out that I am not against having an UNDERTALE rep. I simply don't actively support one.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 5:30 pm

make papyrus do the fighting with sans standing in the background like pokemon trainer so he himself can do the final smash

that is my suggestion
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 6:37 pm

Dustination wrote:
make papyrus do the fighting with sans standing in the background like pokemon trainer so he himself can do the final smash

that is my suggestion

are you making fun of me
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 7:37 pm

Dustination wrote:

that is my suggestion
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I PLAN TO DO!
Back to top Go down
davi_taborda
Level 2 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 12:59 pm

yeah papyrus and sans in smash!

final smash is genocide mode ft. disbelief papyrus and genocide sans
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 12:26 am

Please don't put AUs
please
stop
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 12:04 pm

so Undertale is coming to Switch does that makes this more plausible now
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 3:18 pm

So is South Park
Eric Cartman 4 Smash!
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 9:26 pm

Braystar wrote:
So is South Park
Eric Cartman 4 Smash!

"Like, oh my Gooood Mario, you're such a fuckin' douchebag!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!   Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh! Empty

Back to top Go down

Papyrus (Undertale): Nyeh heh heh!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next