View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TheMayMaysJack
Level 4 CPU
TheMayMaysJack

:^)

Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 7:58 am

Mario123311 wrote:
Dream Runners was a side game. I recommend you look at Twisted Dreams, okay?

Looks like Speedrunners, Sonic, and a gimmick.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 11:07 pm

Have you played the games now? If you ask me Giana would not only be a good indie rep, but a good rep for those "spiritual successors" we see now and again these days. Really, if our red plumber is to fall; She feels like the only one I can see continuing his legacy. I just want to say Twisted Dreams plays like nothing like Speedrunners for that matter. You can get a demo of the game on Steam to see if it suits your taste. Otherwise, please don't try and derail this.

Giana is probably the more successful "offspring" and probably one of the first which sadly led to others copying Mario and Sonic's style soon enough. (Bubsy is a good example, but he's more imfamous.) Giana has held a strong following throughout decades now and her comeback probably wouldn't have been possible if not for fan support.

Last edited by Mario123311 on Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 10:33 am

Mario123311 wrote:
Have you played the games now? If you ask me Giana would not only be avoid indie rep, but a good rep for those "spiritual successors" we see now and again these days. Really, if our red plumber is to fall; She feels like the only one I can see continuing his legacy. I just want to say Twisted Dreams plays like nothing like Speedrunners for that matter. You can get a demo of the game on Steam to see if it suits your taste. Otherwise, please don't try and derail this.

Giana is probably the more successful "offspring" and probably one of the first which sadly led to others copying Mario and Sonic's style soon enough. (Bubsy is a good example, but he's more imfamous.) Giana has held a strong following throughout decades now and her comeback probably wouldn't have been possible if not for fan support.
Uh, why do we need a spiritual successor rep? And why do you think Mario has any chance of falling soon?

And what do you mean by "avoid indie rep"?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 11:23 am

Why should we avoid indie reps?
No, don't avoid them! I want Quote in Crusade!
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 1:51 pm

*Sigh* I should never use my phone to write stuff. Fixing right now. I meant to say "a good" Indie Rep...

I apologize for any inconveniences. These days she is technically an Indie, but she's one who's even older than ones like Shantae and Shovel Knight for that matter, which is also why I think she's important. Also I would talk about how 3 of the "Big 4" have already fallen greatly and I'm worried for Mario but I don't want to get off topic.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 3:30 pm

The day Mario falls is the day Nintendo falls.
The day Nintendo falls is the day gaming falls as a whole.

Don't expect what started as a Rule 63 ripoff to take Mario's place.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 6:16 pm

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
The day Mario falls is the day Nintendo falls.
The day Nintendo falls is the day gaming falls as a whole.

Don't expect what started as a Rule 63 ripoff to take Mario's place.

Because none of them have ever been sucessful. Oh wait...

Yes, Giana STARTED as a Clone but she has slowly been distancing away from that. Don't just look at the original C64 game and think that she'd just be a Mario clone. Facepalm Just common facts I am trying to get out.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 11:52 pm

What the h*ck is freedom planet
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 12:34 am

Sort of a Giana to Sonic that was released recently. Interestingly started off as a Sonic fangame before being retooled completely. It's already been quite well received. And surprisingly has a 10/10 on Steam currently, no joke.

I recommend you look into it if you have time.

But this thread is to be about Giana herself and whatnot, so could we please get back on topic?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 5:20 am

Whoosh!
Back to top Go down
TheMayMaysJack
Level 4 CPU
TheMayMaysJack

:^)

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 8:19 am

Mario123311 wrote:
Sort of a Giana to Sonic that was released recently. Interestingly started off as a Sonic fangame before being retooled completely. It's already been quite well received. And surprisingly has a 10/10 on Steam currently, no joke.

I recommend you look into it if you have time.

But this thread is to be about Giana herself and whatnot, so could we please get back on topic?

Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 8:32 am

Can we get back on topic already?

Also I'm not joking when I say that.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 8:54 pm

Dust, I'm disappoint with you
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 12:21 am

Mario123311 wrote:
Also I'm not joking when I say that.
Yeah, but the thing is: We were joking, and that's what matters.
Now deal with it!
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 11:03 am

Can we get back on topic already? I'd rather not have this thread be 100% Drama. Thank you.

And it sure as hell didn't seem like you were joking, if anything you derailed the topic. Please drop it right now before things get worse.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 12:43 pm

Make me!
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 5:17 pm

Now if we can finally get back on topic...

I sprited Giana's two forms. I'll make more if she ever is accepted in of course.

Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 NmhpBaa

I edited them from sprites of the DS game, I tried to make them stand out a bit more too limiting myself with colors and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 8:00 pm

The Spriters would make their own sprites m8
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 8:58 pm

Ah. Just did them as a mockup and whatnot though. Plus bordem.

Hopefully it looks alright.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 11:59 pm

Except you did not make any sprites, but instead just gave the Giana Sisters DS sprites an outline.
Even my grandmother could do that.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 6:10 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Except you did not make any sprites, but instead just gave the Giana Sisters DS sprites an outline.

Mine couldn't Sad
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 6:25 am

TrinitroMan wrote:

Okay. Seriously, Stop. You aren't doing anything but trolling now. I did more than just add an outline BTW. If you compare the sprites to the original rips you can notice a difference. I gave her a similar makeover as the team did for Pac-Man's sprites, which added several details and whatnot.

Seriously, You've just been posting negativity here so far: Not constructive criticism or anything, just negativity.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 11:29 am

Okay. Seriously, Stop. You aren't doing anything but lying now. You did nothing more but add an outline BTW. If you compare the sprites to the original rips you can notice that's the only difference. You gave her no makeover whatsoever, which added no details and whatnot.

Seriously, You've just been posting negativity here so far: Nothing that could win Giana support or anything, just negativity.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 11:38 am

Mkay, Trinitro, here's a deal. So next time you see a moveset of any character, any character. You do not post whines about how it will never get in and do these things:

1) Say Support or No Support
2) If you said No Support tell why
3) As you're telling why you won't Support give some constructive criticism about how the moveset/reasoning could be better.

If you follow this simple plan then possibly people won't give you comments like this:

Okay. Seriously, Stop. You aren't doing anything but trolling now. I did more than just add an outline BTW. If you compare the sprites to the original rips you can notice a difference. I gave her a similar makeover as the team did for Pac-Man's sprites, which added several details and whatnot.

Seriously, You've just been posting negativity here so far: Not constructive criticism or anything, just negativity.

Don't be a baby and go oh they won't get in, there's no possible way, blah blah blah. Trinitro I'm getting really sick of it, plus you just insulted Mario123311 and his artist skills. you should apologize and maybe give constructive criticism and through that maybe your life bar won't go down any more.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 11:43 am

DestinyIntwined wrote:
plus you just insulted Mario123311 and his artist skills. you should apologize and maybe give constructive criticism and through that maybe your life bar won't go down any more.
Insulted? Apologize? Why?
The only thing I did was telling the truth, something that Mario123311 obviously did not!
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 11:50 am

You see this is what I'm talking about, you honestly sound like a five year old who hit someone and throws a temper tantrum yelling HE STARTED IT!! Now I don't know your age, but seriously, own up to YOUR mistakes, perhaps, Mario was trying to bring back the topic YOU through off rail, and then you immediately next post go, "your sprite work is stupid," you honestly have to be kidding me, and then you are not gonna own up to it, how about this. Every time you post something you worked awhile on, I will be the first comment and I will tear that thing to shreds, burn it, sprinkle the ashes around and then flood your house. How would you like that hmm?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 11:52 am

DestinyIntwined wrote:
You see this is what I'm talking about, you honestly sound like a five year old who hit someone and throws a temper tantrum yelling HE STARTED IT!! Now I don't know your age, but seriously, own up to YOUR mistakes, perhaps, Mario was trying to bring back the topic YOU through off rail, and then you immediately next post go, "your sprite work is stupid," you honestly have to be kidding me, and then you are not gonna own up to it, how about this. Every time you post something you worked awhile on, I will be the first comment and I will tear that thing to shreds, burn it, sprinkle the ashes around and then flood your house. How would you like that hmm?
Well, I would like feedback.
Something that Mario123311 appearantly does not want to have.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 11:55 am

Actually Mario123311 did do more than just giving the sprites an outline. Compare these http://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/66549/ with his edits.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 11:57 am

My GOD Trinitro just stop, just leave this thread and stop harassing people with negativity. I will report you, I have the power. Just stop.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 12:34 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
DestinyIntwined wrote:
Well, I would like feedback.
Something that Mario123311 appearantly does not want to have.

What you are giving isn't feedback, It's simply being a dick. I'm sorry but all you have done is come in to complain. I don't do that on any of your threads? Maybe I should start doing so? I won't because I know rules myself but my god. And you didn't even notice the fact I limited the colors on the sprites and whatnot to Crusades style.

I like feedback, But what you are giving isn't feedback at all: It's trolling.

Keep this up and I will report you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next