Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 7:23 pm

Giana made her debut in 1987, pretty much being Mario's rival before Sonic would come along. Sadly, She disapeared off store shelves pretty quickly... Only to return in 2009 on the DS. Recently, She's been straying away from being a "clone" or whatnot. Becoming her own independent person. I think the fight between her and the red plumber is long overdue... What do you all think though?

The following moveset below takes several queues from the DS game and Twisted Dreams. It would probably be best to use her most recent appearance, Which is from the DS game and onward.

Moveset:
Spoiler:

Let's teach that ol' red capped fellow how to "fight like a girl", 'eh?

Last edited by Mario123311 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:00 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 9:23 pm

I'd support this
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 10:29 pm

I've never heard of Giana... but I can't really give support until I see more.

Also, using someone else's moveset generally is disliked around here...
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 3:26 am

I'm sorry, but I will only support Giana, if her moveset is changed in order to reflect her true nature...by making her a Mario clone! *dodges tomatoes*
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 6:49 am

Eheh, Yeah. I had a moveset in mind before this but then I found out this guy sorta had the same idea, And I didn't want to seem like I was plagiarizing anybody's work here.

But I really recommend you check her out, especially the DS game and Twisted Dreams.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 1:27 pm

I'm not sure if I even want to critique this. Just..no.

I guess the down special is original? The moveset isn't really bad, it's unique actually, but the character itself....like, the fact she fell out even though she was the "Sonic before Sonic" should be pretty evidently pointing to no one cares much for her.

And Giana's games, from my understanding, are still too much like Mario. Come on, Giana Sisters? Mario Brothers? It's in the title.

And, by the way, if you didn't want to plagarize someone's work, then you shouldn't steal their entire moveset.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 2:44 pm

Except I said I didn't claim any of the writing for the moveset as my own. And nobody cares about her? You'd be surprised to see how all her games hold up, with rather loyal fans.

I'll probably rewrite the whole moveset just because. I hope any similarities doesn't get anyone saying I plagiarized someone else's work, Because that's EXACTLY what I was worried about. Hence why I went ahead and just went and used ((with credit)) that guys writing.

Just being similar doesn't mean they should be a clone though. Especially since her new incarnation is trying it's best to show more creativity.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 2:59 pm

Mario123311 wrote:
Except I said I didn't claim any of the writing for the moveset as my own. And nobody cares about her? You'd be surprised to see how all her games hold up, with rather loyal fans.

I'll probably rewrite the whole moveset just because. I hope any similarities doesn't get anyone saying I plagiarized someone else's work, Because that's EXACTLY what I was worried about. Hence why I went ahead and just went and used ((with credit)) that guys writing.

Just being similar doesn't mean they should be a clone though. Especially since her new incarnation is trying it's best to show more creativity.
Except you still used it without permission. But alright, I understand.

I suppose I'm wrong, seeing how the original and DS version were rated, but I still feel that compared to the other 3rd party characters in Crusade she's a minor thing.

Clone or not, her series itself still is a lot like Mario.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Then again we have Ristar and Klonoa, Who are rather minor as well if you think about it. So really, I don't see there being a problem. She shares some similarities but overall most of her look and feel could make her feel like a different character. Sure her weight and jumping ability would match Mario but that'd be about it stats wise. Twisted Dreams especially out empthathis on her "split personality" between Cute and Punk.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 3:34 pm

Mario123311 wrote:
Then again we have Ristar and Klonoa, Who are rather minor as well if you think about it. So really, I don't see there being a problem. She shares some similarities but overall most of her look and feel could make her feel like a different character. Sure her weight and jumping ability would match Mario but that'd be about it stats wise. Twisted Dreams especially out empthathis on her "split personality" between Cute and Punk.
Ristar was added due to an old dev's bias. Klonoa is MUCH more major then you think, with many games, many appearances, and many fans. Giana has like 3 games and has only appeared in those 3 games.

I'm not saying she'll be a clone moveset-wise, I'm saying the series is like a Mario clone, at least it once was.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 3:40 pm

Yes, It started as a Mario clone. With Twisted Dreams though, She's been starting to take on a new approach and straying away from her SMB-Esc roots.

Let alone the game wouldn't have even been possible without fan support VIA Kickstarter.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 3:41 pm

Mario123311 wrote:
Yes, It started as a Mario clone. With Twisted Dreams though, She's been starting to take on a new approach and straying away from her SMB-Esc roots.
Okay, but that's just one, very recent game.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 3:46 pm

he has a point
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 3:51 pm

It's also worth adding a sequel to Twised Dreams was announced not too long ago as well, And it has some rather interesting concepts too: http://gianasisterstwisteddreams.com/giana-sisters-2-concept-art/

And even if her series is like Mario, It doesn't really say why she shouldn't be in. Her universe and whatnot also revolved around her falling into a dream world basically. Really any franchise (based on how it looks) could be compared to another I guess. Kirby and Pac-Man, Klonoa and Sonic... [Yes, I said that. Sue me.] Just some examples.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 3:54 pm

Mario123311 wrote:
It's also worth adding a sequel to Twised Dreams was announced not too long ago as well, And it has some rather interesting concepts too: http://gianasisterstwisteddreams.com/giana-sisters-2-concept-art/

And even if her series is like Mario, It doesn't really say why she shouldn't be in. Her universe and whatnot also revolved around her falling into a dream world basically. Really any franchise (based on how it looks) could be compared to another I guess. Kirby and Pac-Man, Klonoa and Sonic... [Yes, I said that. Sue me.] Just some examples.
Eh, you've got a good point.

Still won't be supporting but the moveset isn't bad by any means.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 6:27 pm

Went ahead an re-wrote the moveset. Mostly the same with a few slight changes.

Re-Writen word for word though.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 4:34 pm

Added Cute!Giana's standard A moves. Expect Punk!Giana's to be done soon though.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 4:41 pm

Mkay, sounds good. What's a "Standard Sex Kick?" describe these things.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 4:44 pm

http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Sex_Kick

Figure it's worth noting this. Tried my best to explain her Smash attacks. ((I wanted to go for "poses" similar to WFT in a way))
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 4:45 pm

Ok, but next time, explain it in your moveset.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 7:35 pm

Most people who play smash could tell you what a sex kick is.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 8:35 pm

Well this is I only got into playing smash on the demo for SSB4 on the E-shop rolled out, so I didn't know...
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 4:41 am

I played Smash since the N64 days, and even I don't know what a Sex Kick is.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 7:17 am

See!
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 1:02 pm

Now updated with all of Punk Giana's basic moves. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 3:15 pm

So... Thoughts? Moveset is pretty much finished.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 2:05 am

I like Giana. Support. Needs work tho
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 7:14 pm

Any suggestions on what I could do to describe basic moves better? I'm not just going to say "punch, slap, kick, ect" and whatnot so I tried my best to describe them with full detail.
Back to top Go down
TheMayMaysJack
Level 4 CPU
TheMayMaysJack

:^)

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 7:04 am

I'm sorry, this Mario guy said Giana isn't a clone anymore but she's basically a speedrunners clone now, and a bad one at that. Moveset isn't all that bad but come on, she never really wasn't a clone.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 7:53 am

Dream Runners was a side game. I recommend you look at Twisted Dreams, okay?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Crusade Community ::  :: Character Discussion :: Unofficial Characters-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com